Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom $59.99 at Costco YMMV

Derrick1979

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Hello just wanted to give people a heads up if you have access to a Costco its worth checking out to save on this game.

Had a stand with the cardboard tickets you take to the counter by the standard ones for consoles and game giftcards.

Thanks

I was not really planning on buying Tears of the Kingdom for a while but my wife was at Costco and saw it for $60 and bought it for me. Very fun game so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was not really planning on buying Tears of the Kingdom for a while but my wife was at Costco and saw it for $60 and bought it for me. Very fun game so far.
I never buy games at release outside of an online multiplayer experience but was able to get a random deal on it for $55 (Wario64 linked some livestream and for about 5-10min the discount was active during the stream only). I agree with you that so far it seems to be worth it since it takes 5 years for Nintendo to discount their popular games and that discount would probably be $50 in 5 years anyway. I played BOTW a couple years ago and after learning the intricacies I enjoyed it. Coming into TOTK feels very similar from the core gameplay of BOTW but additional special tricks allow you to approach the puzzles/platforming in unique ways. This game involves a bit more crafting so that is going to be really popular among the Minecraft fans. I feel like I am able to progress through the story/game a bit more readily given my BOTW experience.

Will wait til it's $40 ... and part of a b2g1 promo. Never got into BoTW and from reading reviews, doubtful I'll like this.

Glad others enjoy it. This "new" Zelda approach just isn't for me. Too bad Aonuma has said this is the path going forward. Maybe Ninty will merge the more curated, big dungeons design in later games.

bread's done
Back