Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD $41.41 FS on Amazon, $44.99/$35.99GCU at Best Buy

Wii U Pro controller is on sale too for $41, partnered up with a game you get an additional 15% off , making it $34.84, I couldn't resist

Eh, I missed this game when it was $25 cause I don't have a Meijer near me.  $20 really is the sweet spot for this game anyways, it never should have launched over that to begin with.  

just because the wii u is selling horribly doesn't mean the game will become rare. there's plenty of copies around.
Just like there are plenty of copies of wind waker on the gamecube and skyward on the wii. These games become collectible and rarely if ever stay low. Only exception I can think of is Twilight princess but that was reprinted. Might not be the case with this one.

Just like there are plenty of copies of wind waker on the gamecube and skyward on the wii. These games become collectible and rarely if ever stay low. Only exception I can think of is Twilight princess but that was reprinted. Might not be the case with this one.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Legend-Zelda-Skyward-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B002BSC54I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1396387093&sr=8-1&keywords=Skyward+Sword

http://www.amazon.com/The-Legend-Zelda-Wind-Waker-GameCube/dp/B000084318/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=A1MOS1CKOEHAV1

As for GC Wind Waker..... yeah, a new, sealed copy of a 12 year old game is OBVIOUSLY worth more than it was at that time. Looks like it's value increased by $50 (or $30 if you look at the lowest priced sealed copy). That's pretty damn pitiful. If you are looking to make a long term investment of that nature, you can do MUCH better than a game.

Last edited:
That's why it would be a good time to stock up on these now because if you had 50 copies of that game back in 2003 then you'd be making some serious money now.

If you sell the Wind Waker (GC) on Amazon for $80 then it comes out to around $65 after Amazon fees + shipping/packaging costs. That game originally cost $62.99 after tax in 2003. That's a $100.50 profit if you sold 50 copies of it in 2014.

Last edited:
That's why it would be a good time to stock up on these now because if you had 50 copies of that game back in 2003 then you'd be making some serious money now.

If you sell the Wind Waker (GC) on Amazon for $80 then it comes out to around $65 after Amazon fees + shipping/packaging costs. That game originally cost $62.99 after tax in 2003. That's a $100.50 profit if you sold 50 copies of it in 2014.
No, you wouldn't. These games don't just magically sell the moment you throw them on ebay or Amazon. They sit for months or even years depending on how many you put out. And re-releases and digital copies make it a huge risk for very little potential payoff, as you never know when your value will suddenly lower.

Seriously man.... $100 in profit over 12 years is ABYSMAL (I'm no accountant, but I'm not sure that even counts as profit after inflation). Please think about this. That's less than $10 a year. Under $1 a month. That's a terrible investment.

I will never understand why people fail to grasp that, with VERY few exceptions, comics/games/toys/ect ARE NOT GOOD INVESTMENTS!!!! More often than not you struggle to break even, if that. It's not like there's this huge market for your old junk, even if you've never opened it. With digital media on the rise like it is, and ports/re-releases being all the rage now, that's more true today than ever before. :wall:

Last edited:
Seriously man.... $100 in profit over 12 years is ABYSMAL (I'm no accountant, but I'm not sure that even counts as profit after inflation). Please think about that. That's less than $10 a year. Under $1 a month. That's a terrible investment.
Not really. You can buy an Ouya for $100 with that profit.

Not really. You can buy an Ouya for $100 with that profit.
$100 profit in a day..... hell maybe even a week isn't so bad. Over 12 years, yes, it is abysmal.

Ugh.... I give up. I don't have the knowledge to try to explain this, I'm sure someone here can do it better than I could. But, if nothing else, there are FAR better ways to "invest" your money than in games.

$100 profit in a day..... hell maybe even a week isn't so bad. Over 12 years, yes, it is abysmal.

Ugh.... I give up. I don't have the knowledge to try to explain this, I'm sure someone here can do it better than I could. But, if nothing else, there are FAR better ways to "invest" your money than in games.
I'll be enjoying my next-gen system (Ouya) paid with game investments while you try to explain economics to people.

If I was going to go back in time to buy a nintendo brand game for investment it will definitely be stadium events for the original nes lol

http://www.amazon.com/The-Legend-Zelda-Skyward-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B002BSC54I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1396387093&sr=8-1&keywords=Skyward+Sword

http://www.amazon.com/The-Legend-Zelda-Wind-Waker-GameCube/dp/B000084318/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=A1MOS1CKOEHAV1

As for GC Wind Waker..... yeah, a new, sealed copy of a 12 year old game is OBVIOUSLY worth more than it was at that time. Looks like it's value increased by $50 (or $30 if you look at the lowest priced sealed copy). That's pretty damn pitiful. If you are looking to make a long term investment of that nature, you can do MUCH better than a game.
Skyward dropped due to target dropping its price from $50 to $20 and now the resellers are trying to make a quick buck. By christmas, this one will be back to $50-$70 on the resale market.

Don't be stupid.

The $80 copy of wind waker is by a seller with basically no feedback. The next highest price is $100, $110, and then $120.

This game will be collectible in the future. Im not saying next year but perhaps in 2 to 3 years.

Bestbuy has been putting it at this price off and on for the last few weeks, and I think amazon had it in the low to mid $40s for a while now.  Really need a thread for a few dollars?  Better off getting it in a B2G1 sale.

God these forums have gone down hill. Between people arguing over profoundly stupid things and people complaining about every deal, it is almost impossible to actually find a damn deal.

Anybody know how many of the collector's edition versions (with statue) were made?  I've got a sealed copy in my backlog.  Wondering if I should pick up another copy and keep that one sealed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I could find it cheaper if I wanted to wait, but this is my favorite all-time game. In for one.

Guess I need a Wii U now...

Anybody know how many of the collector's edition versions (with statue) were made? I've got a sealed copy in my backlog. Wondering if I should pick up another copy and keep that one sealed.
I don't think they are exactly rare, there's still one GS near me that has one or two in stock when I stopped by yesterday.

But why wouldn't you just open it and enjoy it anyways? The "statue" is the typical cheap CE's piece but for what it is it's pretty cool. It just sucks that the NA version didn't come with the little dome.

The $80 copy of wind waker is by a seller with basically no feedback. The next highest price is $100, $110, and then $120.

This game will be collectible in the future. Im not saying next year but perhaps in 2 to 3 years.
So because Target was having trouble getting rid of stock and sold the game for $20, you seem to think the value is going to suddenly jump up to around 3X it's worth magically? Fantastic logic!

I also chuckled at your comment on WW. If the game is sitting there at $80, what makes you think the $100, $110, and $120 copies are gonna fly off the shelves?

And I'm saying WWHD won't be anymore collectible than any other game out there. We've been over this, and I even walked you through some of the math. If you are gonna be this thick good for you I guess? I give up again....

I'll be enjoying my next-gen system (Ouya) paid with game investments while you try to explain economics to people.
Congrats, your investment paid for a $100 console. Good for you. Seriously I hope you enjoy it.

Nevermind that my little investments throughout my life helped pay for part of my college and helped me buy a house back in the day, and will actually see me retire at a decent age. If the console is all you need then I am genuinely happy for you for reaching that goal.

Last edited:
bread's done
Back