Legendary - X360/PS3 - $29.99 @ Amazon.com

Update_DoNotWant.jpg

thanks for trying, though

[quote name='zenintrude']
Update_DoNotWant.jpg

thanks for trying, though[/QUOTE]

LOL.... 2.3 review on IGN. :) Thanks OP...the concept looks good but I guess it did not make it through in terms of the actual gameplay. With the review I just read it seems like $10.00 would be too much. I may try it for $5.00 and that would be pushing it.

DO NOT WANT!! that's the first thing that popped into my head too. haha nice job, zenintrude!

but yeah, don't buy this game. i had it in my Gamefly queue and forgot to take it out. it's as bad as they say. so-so graphics, voice acting is ok but not great. story seemed like a great concept but the presentation lacks any pseudo-Hollywood production to make it worthwhile. the PDA is kinda nice with all the backstory, profiles, etc you get through the game to expand the world and relationships.

anyway, my biggest problem with the game is not that it's linear and scripted, but the OMG WTF moments are unimpressive. and sometimes come through as dumb. when a griffin attacks me or some huge golem made of cars comes at me (without spoiling any other crap), make it so that there's a sense of danger. it's NOT supposed to be "awww look at the birdy. and you, you're such a cute pile of metal!"

i'd play through it if it was mediocre enough...but no. just...no.

Isn't this the new retail price now? I know Gamestop has dropped their price as well (used is even $26.99...still too much, but meh). My local Wal-Mart still had it at $59.99 as of last night though, so I guess this is temporarily a deal, soon to be the norm.

I warned my friend against buying it the first day. He thought it was going to be the next "greatest game ever" (his words, not mine) and went out and bought it first thing in the morning. He's played maybe an hour or 2 of it and absolutely despises this game. I would avoid this thing like the plague.

I have it from Gamefly and it's decent - I want to finish the game - but it's definitely one not to own at this price. It's a good curiousity at $10 - which I'm sure it will be soon. I do like some of the cut scenes and monsters. The Golem was pretty neat and the Gryphons look great, too. The whole health meter is a pile of crap though and the controls were awful. Had to convert it to COD4/Halo 3 controls to make it playable.

[quote name='Pck21']I warned my friend against buying it the first day. He thought it was going to be the next "greatest game ever" (his words, not mine) and went out and bought it first thing in the morning. He's played maybe an hour or 2 of it and absolutely despises this game. I would avoid this thing like the plague.[/QUOTE]

He thought it would be....legendary.

Will be waiting for this to hit the Target clearance bin. Hopefully we'll see the PC version hit the $7.48 price point before too long. :D

IF anyone wants this NOW, apparently GoGamer will have it for $25 starting tonight/tomorrow morning for their sale. I thoroughly enjoyed reading the IGN review of it... and now I kinda want to try it just to see how bad it really is. I guess that can wait until it's sub $10.

I rented this from Gamefly -- incredibly I didn't think it was nearly as bad as IGN says. It's actually kind of fun in places, if just a straight, brainless shooter with only decent graphics.

The Team Xbox review, which was a 7 or thereabouts, is more in line. For $10 I'd even buy it. :)

[quote name='killthemall4444']Worst game I've played all year...even worse then the same devs earlier release this year Turning Point.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was a LOT better than Turning Point myself.

[quote name='crewj']that's a fucking awesome pic :applause:[/quote] Yeah that made me LOL. This game's reviews were AWFUL. Make sure to take a look at a few before you buy!

The folks at Spark Unlimited should really be shot. They ruined, in my opinion, two of the better concepts for new IPs that I have seen in awhile. I was excited about Turning Point the moment I heard about it a couple of years back, and the ads for this one started really getting me interested in Legendary a few months back. Both games, obviously, are pieces of shit.

I wonder what their excuse for the bad reviews will be this time around. For Turning Point, they tried to claim that they didn't make a game for "hardcore gamers," and that reviewers are too harsh on casual games. Yeah, more like reviews are harsh on crappy games with horrible graphics, broken gameplay, and simplistic stories that make Doom look like Gone with the Wind.

[quote name='Guerrilla']Is this a record for fastest MSRP drop?[/quote]

No, I think that was Beowulf.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']The folks at Spark Unlimited should really be shot. They ruined, in my opinion, two of the better concepts for new IPs that I have seen in awhile. I was excited about Turning Point the moment I heard about it a couple of years back, and the ads for this one started really getting me interested in Legendary a few months back. Both games, obviously, are pieces of shit.

I wonder what their excuse for the bad reviews will be this time around. For Turning Point, they tried to claim that they didn't make a game for "hardcore gamers," and that reviewers are too harsh on casual games. Yeah, more like reviews are harsh on crappy games with horrible graphics, broken gameplay, and simplistic stories that make Doom look like Gone with the Wind.[/quote]
Seriously. The concepts for both of the games were really awesome. Especially Turning Point! And those bastards ruined both of them. What a joke of a developer they are. I can't believe they managed to churn out both of these games in the same year. Can't wait to see what they throw at us next year...well if we're lucky there won't even be a Spark Unlimited next year. Don't think there is anyone who will publish more of their crap.

$27 used at Gamestop before your edge card IF you really want it.....

At least this way you have 7 days to realize you made a mistake and return it. :D

[quote name='$hady']$27 used at Gamestop before your edge card IF you really want it.....

At least this way you have 7 days to realize you made a mistake and return it. :D[/quote]

:applause:

:lol: True

Thats too bad, I was kind of looking forward to this game, it was hyped enough by gaming magazines. I may give it a try if it hits $9.99 though.

Right now I'd give the game a 6 or 7. It's not bad. Sort of addicting, actually. Then again, I'm a fan of mythology and Ray Harryhausen, so part of the interest is in my fascination with monsters. Could have been a lot better game though.

[quote name='benjamouth']I might give this a go at $10 or lower, I'm interested in the concept.[/QUOTE]

When I read the IGN review(2.5) the first thing i thought was "$9.90 - GoGamer" LOL.

Teamxbox gave it a 7

the online for both systems is completely dead.. good luck to those who want the online achievements for 360.. ps3 doesnt have trophies.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']3 weeks after release and a universal drop to $29.99. Wow.[/quote]

lol

at least some will look at it as a steal.
icon_smile.gif

Yea I saw this for $26.99 @ GS yesterday and thought it might have been mislabeled or something. I didn't even know the game was out yet as I thought it got pushed back. I'll have to check out the bad reviews at some point. I will give them credit for putting out about 100 videos on XBLM to try to drum up interest in this game.

I've got a review coming out for this soon. It's not nearly as bad as the major sites would have you believe. Not AAA material, certainly, but there's no reason it should be getting below a 5/10. It's a perfectly capable first-person shooter that is a little dated, but has some really fun moments.

[quote name='shipwreck']I've got a review coming out for this soon. It's not nearly as bad as the major sites would have you believe. Not AAA material, certainly, but there's no reason it should be getting below a 5/10. It's a perfectly capable first-person shooter that is a little dated, but has some really fun moments.[/QUOTE]

Completely agree. I could name about a dozen games at least I've played on the 360 that are far worse.

In fact if this was REALLY at budget price, like $10, I'd buy it. I played a few levels through on my GF rental and had a decent time with it. It's not exactly COD4 but I think most of the people trashing it here haven't played it.

bread's done
Back