Legends of Wrestlemania (PS3/360) $20 Universal Price Drop

It's decent, although you can get the 1000/1000 or Platinum Trophy in about 4 hours. The Relive segments are the best part with the included video packages.

If you don't have Smackdown vs. Raw 2009, you can download a save online and copy it to your PS3 (360 too i guess? not sure) and add the entire roster of that game to Legends of Wrestlemania as well.

For that price, it's a good deal. I paid $54.99 for it and while I enjoyed it, I definitely felt like a paid a little too much for the game b/c there isn't a ton of replay value once you complete the game modes.

I think if it gets a little cheaper in another 6 months I may pick it up again, just to have.

I noticed the price drop on Monday at Gamestop.com.

I was going to go and buy it there today, actualy.
But now I may just get it from Amazon and not pay tax or worry about the 'new/open' GS thing.

Fun for 2 or 3 weeks...some interesting modes that kept me playing it longer than any Smackdown game in the last few years. Easy 1000 points too. Good price, but it's probably not something you'll keep forever.

[quote name='michael90002002']Not a good deal. You can this for $8.29 xbox 360 or $11.28 for ps3 using the 20%off code(HASTINGS) from gohastings.com.[/QUOTE]

A good deal for those who buy new or don't want to gamble at hastings and possibly not get a "complete" copy(case, manual). I'm not one of those people, but ya know.

[quote name='michael90002002']Not a good deal. You can this for $8.29 xbox 360 or $11.28 for ps3 using the 20%off code(HASTINGS) from gohastings.com.[/QUOTE]

Gohastings.com likes to charge twice for your orders. Stay away to avoid the hassle.

I really wanted LoW, but the controls sucked when I played the demo IMO. If there was some option to use a different control scheme (similar to SvR), I would have easily jumped on this game.

I also grabbed a couple of weeks ago @ Target on clearance. It was fun for a couple of days, but the gameplay itself is very shallow. The only value I had was the nostalgia of being a major wrestling fan during that era. The old button mashers of the 90's had some better gameplay in the actual wrestling. Give me WrestleFest in the arcade any day of the week!

[quote name='NovaKane']I really wanted LoW, but the controls sucked when I played the demo IMO. If there was some option to use a different control scheme (similar to SvR), I would have easily jumped on this game.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly how I felt about the controls after playing the demo a few times. But I'll admit I was quickly biased because the controls weren't like SvR. I played the demo again a couple months later, this time learning the controls and accepting the game, its gameplay, and its controls for what it is...an ode to not only the WWE's past...but past arcade-like wrestling games.

In that proper context...it's actually a really fun game full of nostalgia. But it isn't for everyone.

I bit though... :)

Thanks OP!

I picked this up at $14.99 used at Gamefly for the PS3 back in November. I am an old school wrestling fan and having Raw vs Smackdown '09 was a selling point. Since you can import wrestlers from that game to this. The No More Heroes button timing scheme didn't bother me. But some points require so much button mashing it is ridiculous. My thumb and hand felt like I was running it across sand paper after about 3 matches.

I picked this up on Target Clearance last fall. I agree it was a pretty easy 1000/1000 points. I did find more replay value in it because I had fun with the create a character mode (granted I haven't had a wrestling game since the first Smackdown for PS1). The options are great and you can even rip in songs for your ring entrance. I made a pretty awesome Jesus H. Christ with Rock Me Sexy Jesus entrance music.

bread's done
Back