LEGO Batman: The Videogame - Gen. Discussion & Info

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)

Features

In LEGO® Batman™: The Videogame, play as Batman and his sidekick Robin as you build, drive, swing, and fight your way through Gotham City capturing escaped villains including The Joker, The Penguin, and Scarecrow and putting them back in Arkham Asylum where they belong. Then jump into the story from the other side and play as Batman's foes! Enjoy the power you wield and battle Batman while spreading chaos throughout the city. There's no rest for the good (or the evil!).

• Multiple characters: Fight for justice as Batman and Robin or create chaos as The Joker, Catwoman, and other villains, as you save or destroy Gotham City.
  • Expansive environments: Rocket through sewers and bound across rooftops as you take the fight to the criminals across classic locations in Gotham City.
  • Awesome vehicles: Fight on land, sea, and in the air using a number of powerful Batman, Robin, and villain-controlled vehicles, including the rocket-powered Batmobile, sleek Batboat, and stealthy Batwing.
  • Super abilities: Master special superhero power suits and the new moves that come with them, using gadgets and weapons unique to each of the characters.
  • Game rewards: Customize your characters, build and transform the game environment, and challenge yourself with multi-layered collectibles and rewards.

Achievements: http://www.achieve360points.com/game/legobatman/

Update 3/3: New Gameplay Trailer
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD6IGMScfUA[/media]

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=OD7fd9zoQ6U[/media]​

Not much, but I'm excited!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't get nearly as excited for this as Star Wars and Indiana Jones. Batman doesn't have the same collective experieinces of movies that the former franchises have.

For instance, in Indiana Jones, you know you will be running from a boulder, rafting in India, riding in a mine cart, fighting on a tank rolling off a cliff. But in Batman you are going to...fight...bad guys?

[quote name='lordwow']So, is this going to go through the movie plots ala the Star Wars trilogy?[/quote]

I hope not. I think a GTA style game would fit Batman a lot better than episodes. The Dark Knight is too much a renegade to put up with a linear plotline...

New images added to the OP.
There really hasn't been much new info on the title...EGM stated that the gameplay will allow you to play a story through the villans eyes and there will also be surprises...they that others from the DC Universe will show up.

I'm pretty sure one of the developers said that it will have it's own "mythology".

I agree with the GTA statement, it'll probably be a lot like you'll occasionally get a call to go save someone.

Also, the Joker's hideout looks amazingly cool.

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=zPxi3cJS-Us[/media]

I want this game so bad I just perforated my desk in excitement.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Damn...why October? They should have released in July to coincide with The Dark Knight[/quote]

Yes, one would figure releasing Lego Batman in conjunction to The Dark Knight's release date would be more beneficial to their game. Maybe they don't want to rush development? Hmm...

I'm down to play this. I was impressed with the soundtrack in the trailer - I loved the old Batman music by Danny Elfman. That guy's a genius.

Looks awesome. I saw at Gamestop today they're giving away Lego keychains to preorder customers. Batman, Robin, Joker, and Catwoman. I was going to get it there anyway with the credit I have. Freebies are always welcome.

[quote name='Ziv']Looks awesome. I saw at Gamestop today they're giving away Lego keychains to preorder customers. Batman, Robin, Joker, and Catwoman. I was going to get it there anyway with the credit I have. Freebies are always welcome.[/quote]

I hope Amazon, or some other place, offers the same preorder bonus, as my local GameStop is not a place I want to give my business.

I rented LEGO Indy, but this feels like a purchase; unless the Dark Knight game becomes promising.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Do they have the keychains on hand or do you get them at time of pick up?[/quote]

It's at time of pick up. But if you're in good with the staff, they'll give it to you early. And you only get one it says.

Heads up...LEGO Batman: The Videogame Toys are part of this months McDonalds Happy Meals..starting today.

f3611pe5.jpg

1. The Batboat
  2. The Joker Helicopter
  3. Batman Batarang
  4. Mr. Freeze Ice Blast
  5. The Batmobile
  6. The Penguin Submarine
  7. Robin Grappling Hook
  8. The Joker Surprise
Its one of those Boy/Girl happy meals so be sure to ask for a boys.

Anyone pick up any of the toys @ mcdonalds?

Also, really suprised that the cag buzz is relatively low on this case. I guess Im just really excited as a comic and batman fanboy.

I went today to get a Happy Meal...no luck...they had sold out of the Batman toys :whistle2:(. I'm also surprised at the lack of excitement for this game. I can't wait, I have it pre-ordered from Amazon, it should be here next week.

[quote name='ivanctorres']Anyone pick up any of the toys @ mcdonalds?

Also, really suprised that the cag buzz is relatively low on this case. I guess Im just really excited as a comic and batman fanboy.[/QUOTE]

I picked up Batman (its pretty quality given that its a happy meal toy) and I'm slightly tempted to get Joker.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Can you buy the toys without buying the Happy Meal? I refuse to eat McDonalds.[/QUOTE]

Yes you can. Happy Meal toys are $1.79 + tax each.

I want LEGO Batman as well, but I didn't reserve it, so I'll just have to go to the LEGO store to grab the preorder keychain. I think Batman/Catwoman are my favorite DC characters, though I literally had to drag myself to see The Dark Knight (hype kills everything for me). Time for another Harley/Ivy team up!

When a game like this comes out for multiple platforms, does the main discussion thread always default to the 360 board? (Not complaining, just wondering if there's some sort of unwritten rule)

Is it sad that I want to get this befor I pick up the new star wars game? However I don't know if this is a buy first week or not for me.

[quote name='Decker']Yes you can. Happy Meal toys are $1.79 + tax each.[/QUOTE]They're a freaking $2.39 at the McD's near me. The cheapest Happy Meal is like $2.79, so I feel like I have to buy the meal to feel less ripped off. I've only got the Joker Helicopter so far, but I really want Batman and Joker.

I'm excited about this game, tho I don't know if I can get myself to buy it at retail on release. I hope there will at least be demo out on Live.

It's weird that there are no reviews out for the game just two days prior to release date. There were plenty of reviews of Lego Indiana Jones out early, including in the big magazines. I wonder if there's a review embargo going on here like there was on Mercs 2 earlier this month

Amazon shipped out Lego Batman today... wtf? Amazon shipping a game on time? Before the release date even!

I'll give some impressions tomorrow night if I get a chance to play it for a little bit.

[quote name='ivanctorres']Anyone pick up any of the toys @ mcdonalds?

Also, really suprised that the cag buzz is relatively low on this case. I guess Im just really excited as a comic and batman fanboy.[/quote]

I have a 5 year-old son, so he's always bugging me to go to MCD's for Happy Meals anyway. He's been in heaven lately between the Star Wars bobble heads and now the Lego Batman toys.

He has the BatBoat and the Joker Helicopter so far.

I just saw a trailer that had Nightwing in it. Now I want this game more. I'll probably scrunge up some stuff to trade and pick it up for the weekend.

[quote name='Draekon']Amazon shipped out Lego Batman today... wtf? Amazon shipping a game on time? Before the release date even!

I'll give some impressions tomorrow night if I get a chance to play it for a little bit.[/quote]

Lucky you, mine still pending...I got it off the Gold Box a while back for $47.XX.

Got my copy of this Saturday (9/20/08). I heard the girl that works at my local Gamestop tell a kid that they had 2 copies left for the PS2 if he wanted to still reserve 1. So I asked her if they had them in. She said yes. They've been there for about a week, but street-dated of course, so I couldn't buy it. Then a light bulb went off in my head. I called a mom and pop store a town over and lo and behold they had 2 copies left. They too had it for about a week. I snatched it up. The game is off the hook good! It is by far the best Lego game of the three. You will not be dissappointed.

Amazon shipped my copy today as well! With prime I should have it in hand on Wednesday. Really exicted for this game.

[quote name='Bretters']GameFly shipped my copy! Wheeeeeee[/QUOTE]

Same :D

Also, the toys in my area are 1.05 + tax. Not to mention they let me pick which one I want. Though I've only tried it at the McD's inside Walmart. Also, maybe some McDonald's do like mine where the Happy Meals on Tuesday and Thursday between 4 and 8 p.m. are 1.39 (just hamburger or cheesburger ones). Still, get the toy and some food.

Can someone with the game please tell me : Does this game support an in-level save system? It was super-frustrating to play for a half-hour on a level and not finish it in one seating with my daughter and then have to come back and do the whole thing again. I'm hoping that this time you can save your progress without finishing an entire level.

Played the first level and if it's any indication of the game, it looks like it will be better than LEGO Indiana Jones. It's pretty interesting and the Bat Cave is kinda cool. Don't know if I'll find it better than LEGO Star Wars. Regardless, I'm not going to play anymore until I can get a friend to co-op it with.

[quote name='Decker']Can someone with the game please tell me : Does this game support an in-level save system? It was super-frustrating to play for a half-hour on a level and not finish it in one seating with my daughter and then have to come back and do the whole thing again. I'm hoping that this time you can save your progress without finishing an entire level.[/quote]

No it doesn't.

[quote name='Decker']Can someone with the game please tell me : Does this game support an in-level save system? It was super-frustrating to play for a half-hour on a level and not finish it in one seating with my daughter and then have to come back and do the whole thing again. I'm hoping that this time you can save your progress without finishing an entire level.[/quote]

That was frustrating for me as well when I played through Lego Star Wars Complete Saga with my 5 year old son.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Im debating on getting this, but lego indiana jones was really a sub-par game.. wasnt too long or challenging :([/quote]

Yea, I didn't find Lego Indiana Jones fun at all yet I loved the Star Wars ones. I really hope this one is better.

bread's done
Back