LEGO Deals 3

I don't know why LEGO didn't just make more Frozen sets. They could make the current set a little bigger and make it $500 and it would sell out

I'm surprised they didn't think there was a market for a $100+ doll house style Frozen set (kind of like the large MF Haunted House). People would've gone nuts buying them for Christmas.

I'm surprised they didn't think there was a market for a $100+ doll house style Frozen set (kind of like the large MF Haunted House). People would've gone nuts buying them for Christmas.
The funniest thing about the Haunted House is it fits in a newer category of Lego that are effectively decent return investments. The vast majority of the more expensive sets seen to increase in value pretty well, year over year. A high end Disney set would be printing money for both Lego and the consumer.

Since they started this line I said I wanted a $100+ version of Rapunzel's tower.  A similar set for Elsa's ice castle would be pretty sweet with all the clear bricks.

I was able to look at the street date list at TRU. Looks like they are cracking down on selling the new sets early this year as they have all the new sets hard street dated in the system for 1/1/2015.  At least no worring if a store is going to get any sets in before the year ends.

Is there a lego trading thread?
You've found it. Post what you have or what you're looking for, and you may get some replies. As far as I know, there's no specific thread for it here.

Post them in your own trade thread, too, and link that in your signature, so you don't have to repost your list every day.

Please don't turn it into a trade thread. Occassional requests are fine, but I don't want it to end up like the Cowboy Bebop Amazon Exclusive thread.

That's so open ended. What are your collecting goals and interests?
Well I'm more getting stuff for my son but the collector In me doesn't know if I should buy 2 sets of each lego I buy him or just certain ones? Also the polybags what's a good idea to collecting those should I open them or leave them sealed

We used to have that Lego group where some of us listed stuff but I think that went away with CAG 3.0.

Well I'm more getting stuff for my son but the collector In me doesn't know if I should buy 2 sets of each lego I buy him or just certain ones? Also the polybags what's a good idea to collecting those should I open them or leave them sealed
Just enjoy it man. Don't worry about trying to buy as an investment. You're better off buying some apple stock (good move now btw).

Fred Meyer has killed LEGO deals. As of this week the 10% off and $10 off $50 coupons have in the fine print "excludes LEGO toys." Those coupons usually stack with each other and any deals going on, and was how I have been getting LEGOs on the cheap for several years. I was going to get the SW Rebels sets (which were 20% off as well) but now I am just pissed.

Any tips on getting the new minecraft sets for retail cost? I didn't realize they would be so hard to find.
The Farm and The First Night are in stock at TRU.com now, with free shipping on all Lego.

The Cave, The First Night, and the Ender Dragon are in stock on Lego S@H with free shipping > $75.

I got the First Night from Amazon, and it's good. Just bought the Farm from TRU. Uh, maybe I should rephrase that.

Fred Meyer has killed LEGO deals. As of this week the 10% off and $10 off $50 coupons have in the fine print "excludes LEGO toys." Those coupons usually stack with each other and any deals going on, and was how I have been getting LEGOs on the cheap for several years. I was going to get the SW Rebels sets (which were 20% off as well) but now I am just pissed.
The coupons that print out at Target are also excluding Lego now. I was going to use a $10 off $50 purchase one on the sets in the flyer this week until I read the fine print.

The coupons that print out at Target are also excluding Lego now. I was going to use a $10 off $50 purchase one on the sets in the flyer this week until I read the fine print.
I didn't read the fine print, I had used one just 2 weeks ago on LEGOs and it worked. Extra fun having the old lady cashier explain how the coupon works to me.

Meijer has series 3 Mixels for $2 each which is a steal. The shelf tag said $4, but they rang up at $2. They had some of the other series as well but I didn't check those prices. These were in the Christmas aisle with all the stocking stuffers.

Nabbed 22 for parts, mostly purple and green.

Thanks for the tip on Target having Elsa's castle in stock. They actually had one out on the shelf, but there wasn't a tag for it . My daughters are gonna have a great Christmas!

An employee was standing next to me searching the shelves while on the phone with a customer. They were asking about the set. He told them, " I think we have some in the back but we aren't supposed to sell them yet."

I thought that was funny since I had the set in my hand. I didn't have any trouble when checking out.

Might be buying a green grocer from craigslist .. What pieces should I look for in particular ? As in which are the rarest in the set?
The olive green pieces, those are exclusive to that set, I'm not sure if any other set has had them. I think you can check brick picker or some site similar and it breaks down the pieces that can be found in other sets.

The olive green pieces, those are exclusive to that set, I'm not sure if any other set has had them. I think you can check brick picker or some site similar and it breaks down the pieces that can be found in other sets.
Aren't they sand green and not olive green? Isn't olive green what the new TMNT color?

Still those are the most uncommon. I wish LEGO would bring back sand colors more, like sand red.

Darn. I never finished buying the great value $10 Friend sets. I still needed the ice cream one and the scouter and cookie / lemonade one. I knew I should have bought them the last time I was at Target, now they are sold out. And I have a feeling they are now retired because LEGO.com has the new 2015 sets up.

Along with the awesome priced $15 Movie sofa pack, the Friends lighthouse is really $40 for nearly 500 pieces.

Last edited by a moderator:
The friends scooter was a rare msrp purchase for me. My Target had all the new Friends sets out including the princesses. The baby bunnies are too damn cute.

The friends scooter was a rare msrp purchase for me. My Target had all the new Friends sets out including the princesses. The baby bunnies are too damn cute.
I agree. I'm OK with the $1 price hike over the past Friends Animals because you get more pieces. I kept meaning to buy the Friends Scooter for $10 but every time I went "nah" and the "nah" turned into OOS.

All purchased for Christmas this year for the kids:

Lego Friends:

Sunshine Ranch

Caravan

about 5 of the $10 sets

a few polys

Lego Minecraft:

The Farm

Lego DC:

The Joker's Steamroller

Man Bat's Attack

Penguins Ambush(I think)

Plus 8 minifig blind packs for stockings.

Aren't they sand green and not olive green? Isn't olive green what the new TMNT color?

Still those are the most uncommon. I wish LEGO would bring back sand colors more, like sand red.

Darn. I never finished buying the great value $10 Friend sets. I still needed the ice cream one and the scouter and cookie / lemonade one. I knew I should have bought them the last time I was at Target, now they are sold out. And I have a feeling they are now retired because LEGO.com has the new 2015 sets up.

Along with the awesome priced $15 Movie sofa pack, the Friends lighthouse is really $40 for nearly 500 pieces.
I couldn't remember it's been so long but I knew it was the green, the figures as well and I think some of the tiles.

Grabbed Elsas castle from target today, also saw the little chima polar bear poly
Anyone grab the minecraft sets at TRU? I need the item numbers if so

It is today only. Mine never restocked no free shipping and the big set still. OOS.
Aw, crap. I was out today and near a TRU, but I didn't know. ALL of them here restocked GS, which was ridiculous. On the week before Black Friday, they were out of all the good ones. Then, next week, they had the full line again and tons of them.

Oh well. It was only for the mech, and I can live without it. Good for the price, but it puts the 'meh' in mech.

Visiting my girlfriend in England and there's an indie Lego shop near her house. Found some older Pharaoh's Quest polybags and a Spongebob minifig for my brother. They had lots of older minifigs and unique pieces for sale. Really wanted the three X-Men figures I'm missing from the old set, but Magneto was the only one I was willing to spend the price on and he was missing his cape. They had some neat homemade minifig display things that I might try bringing back with me though.

I couldn't get out yesterday ._. one of the two I go to had a full restock w/big sets even too :( Too sick to leave the house, only left to go to the hospital when my doctor called me in today.
Yes health comes before LEGOs. I almost asked some LEGO guy I know to pick one up because there was one near his house but we aren't close and I don't know when I'd see him again. The set is too big to ship.

I picked up all of Series 3 Mixels at Meijer.  They were $2 then 10% off my General Purchase with Mperks.  Not bad.  I know they had some other good deals.  25% off some sets then Santa Bucks.  I only wanted the AT-AT, but it was sold out at like 3 Meijer.....finally gave up in that hunt. Would've been like $65ish

I couldn't get out yesterday ._. one of the two I go to had a full restock w/big sets even too :( Too sick to leave the house, only left to go to the hospital when my doctor called me in today.
On the bright side you didn't get pegged with a football today.

Got the girls:

Daughter 1: Palace Cinema, Research Intstitute, (6) Mixels, (2) Minifigs: S12

Daughter 2: Parisian Restaurant, Research Intstitute, (6) Mixels, (2) Minifigs: S12

Used credit card points on amazon to nab the Cinema for free, and LEGO points to take $30 off the Parisian and another $15 off one RI.

I originally bought the Sea Cow with gift cards prior to going with the Creator sets, so it will stay stashed until a later date, unless it starts fetching a decent premium, then I might have a decision to make. :)

Saw series 13 at target this morning but had to pass until after Christmas
Did you scan them? Only got a handful of 12 for the kids, only because of Target's $2.99 pricing. Still out at $4.

Saw a bunch of 2015 sets at Target today. Surprised to see they had Minecraft sets too. For some reason I thought they were online only.

Double stupid post.

Target also had a Friends polybag thats new to me. It's a fruit smoothies cart that comes with a banana, apple and custard type piece.

I probably have a ton of Lego fruit because every set/polybag that comes with it I still jump.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you scan them? Only got a handful of 12 for the kids, only because of Target's $2.99 pricing. Still out at $4.
They were $4 at this particular Target

Well I procrastinated and didn't take pics of my Lego Christmas display with my good camera so here are some I snapped quick with my phone (see link for folder with all pics)

http://s16.photobucket.com/user/JobsEye/library/Merry%20Brickmas?sort=3&page=1"]http://s16.photobucket.com/user/JobsEye/library/Merry%20Brickmas?sort=3&page=1[/URL]

bread's done
Back