LEGO Deals 3

We got our holiday gifts! Can't say enough about how wonderful it is to work for Lego. This truly is a great company.

IMG_1067_zps6bc16a41.jpg

IMG_1068_zpsaffcaef6.jpg

My Lego train is sick. :(

The wheel on the 9v engine is off and it doesn't run corrently and I really don't want to take out my backup engine yet.

[quote name='elessar123']Amazon has some Hobbit sets on sale. Not sure if anything else was, but I just happened to see it.

Warg set, $37.97 (24% off)

Goblin King set, $71.47 (29% off)

Mirkwood Spiders, $21.97 (27% off)

I haven't bit, but I'm probably getting the Warg set, which is the only one I really want. The goblin king isn't actually in the books, so just like Lurtz, I was like, wtf is that?[/QUOTE]

The Goblin King wasn't in the books? I read the Hobbit awhile ago, but I saw the animated movie last week and I think there was a goblin king in that.

[quote name='Max Power']The Goblin King wasn't in the books? I read the Hobbit awhile ago, but I saw the animated movie last week and I think there was a goblin king in that.[/QUOTE]

There was. He was referred to as The Great Goblin, though, not the goblin king.

You guys are correct; there was a Goblin King, although there were no Warg Riders. So actually, the Warg set is the one that is inconsistent with the lore!

[quote name='HELLRAZR_28']You guys are correct; there was a Goblin King, although there were no Warg Riders. So actually, the Warg set is the one that is inconsistent with the lore![/QUOTE]

Lol, I never realized that. I just flipped through the book, and there weren't riders until the Battle of Five Armies. That set is wrong!

They are making three movies off one book and some notes. So a lot of the next two movies probably won't really be correct.

If you want something that is 100% true to the book, then read the book. :)

[quote name='bigdaddy']They are making three movies off one book and some notes. So a lot of the next two movies probably won't really be correct.

If you want something that is 100% true to the book, then read the book. :)[/QUOTE]

I've heard some of the Silmarillion has been incorporated to the movie story as well.

They are, but they are using 200 pages of never published notes from the family or something crazy like that. Which honestly I think will make these better movies.

Stopped by K-Mart to use some free points that were in my reward account. Most of the aisle was wiped completely clean but they did have some new sets. A few new City sets, Creators, and The Hobbit. The Hobbit sets were on sale. Unexpected Gathering ~$53, Goblin King ~$75, and Attack of the Wargs ~$37.

I was really tempted to get the Gathering but there was only one and the box wasn't in the best shape. Ended up picking up the Fire Motorcycle which was free after my free points.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Stopped by K-Mart to use some free points that were in my reward account. Most of the aisle was wiped completely clean but they did have some new sets. A few new City sets, Creators, and The Hobbit. The Hobbit sets were on sale. Unexpected Gathering ~$53, Goblin King ~$75, and Attack of the Wargs ~$37.

I was really tempted to get the Gathering but there was only one and the box wasn't in the best shape. Ended up picking up the Fire Motorcycle which was free after my free points.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I picked up Unexpected Gathering. I'm guessing Amazon was matching them when I saw their prices.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I don't even bother checking, I didn't see any right before the sale and the Target near me would be a zoo now because of Christmas.

Primm, Any signs of Series 9 showing up at TRU?[/QUOTE]

It's in the system, but no sign of when they will hit stores.

TRU item # 049444

Edit: TRU 12/26-12/29

B1G1 50% All City, Hero Factory & Star Wars sets.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='elessar123']According to eBay, 2011 was a Lego duck and 4 glasses.

And both 2008 and 2009 had boring hearts?

Who gets these? All Lego employees, including retail?[/QUOTE]

Last year I posted the pic of the Duck and my Glass set. The company started handing out holiday gifts in 2008 and yes they started with the Heart set. For 2009 they handed out the same gift. For 2010, they gave away an exclusive employee Game set with a kitchen utensils kit, which was extremely odd.

The gifts are given to all employees in the company.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']Last year I posted the pic of the Duck and my Glass set. The company started handing out holiday gifts in 2008 and yes they started with the Heart set. For 2009 they handed out the same gift. For 2010, they gave away an exclusive employee Game set with a kitchen utensils kit, which was extremely odd.

The gifts are given to all employees in the company.[/QUOTE]
What made them go crazy this year? All of the gifts seem nice, but this year is a whole lot bigger.

Yeah last years' was amazing and makes me wish I could have a part time job at the company. Damn stores too far away.

This year's is insane.

It seems S@H will have a "sale" of some sets at midnight eastern.

A whole 20% off!

They have a sale on sets the day after Christmas in store, whenever they stick it up on line. To clear out the older sets. Two years ago the sale was great. This year it's a joke. Toysandbricks has a huge list of crap on sale, but it's all 20% off besides some books.

The only thing that caught my eye was series 6 mini figures for 20%.

Thanks for the intel. But yeah, what a disappointing list. Either way, I'm mostly saving up for the Arkham Asylum Breakout set.

[quote name='HELLRAZR_28']Thanks for the intel. But yeah, what a disappointing list. Either way, I'm mostly saving up for the Arkham Asylum Breakout set.[/QUOTE]

What a sweet set! I need to get Daigon Alley before it's retired, the only Harry Potter set we don't have. I recently picked up a Bat Cave for $40 at Wal-Mart, I was stoked to find it, found behind some other stuff on the clearance rack.

Wow... the some of the "sale" items haven't been in stock in months. Even a bigger joke than I thought, and 90% of the "sale" is now sold out. Not only does 20% suck, but I believe none of these sets were even ever in stock.

[quote name='Unaki']You guys are making me want to collect legos...[/QUOTE]

Was it the discussion about the accuracy of a fantasy book's film adaption or the complaining over meager after Christmas sales that sold you on the LEGO collecting? ;-)

Braved the blizzard and checked out Walmart clearance this morning. Didn't see much - Luke's Landspeeder was marked down to $12. Also the two small Dino sets were 50% off. I imagine more sets are half off but this Walmart had been cleared out.

Also hit up WalMart. Got Minotaurus (3841) for $12, Heroica: Fortaan (3860) for $16.50, Recycling Truck (4206) for $14.50, and Dino: Raptor Chase (5884) for $14.50.

Nice. I'd love some of the Dino sets for 50%. I might have to try and see what I can find on Friday. But a few people buy all the sets up.

God, Lego store was a flippin joke. There was only about half a dozen sets and just like online they were only 20% off.

The only Walmart I went to had the same clearance prices other Walmarts had over the summer (i.e. Batcave for $49, LotR Weathertop for $40, etc.) This store had some clearance over the summer, but these drops were new. Hoping to find a 50% off Walmart tonight.

My local Wal-mart had the 2010 Slave I new for $63. I couldn't believe it when I saw the corner of the box on the shelf. I'm like, "is that Bossk?......oh, sh*t!" So happy to find it, i was still in the Dark Ages when it was available.

TnB says Walmarts have series 5 and 8 minifigures for $1 each, 50% off many City sets besides the stations. Dino for 50% off (war).

I'm not bothering, turns out to be a waste of time and hair putting up with those assholes. I live in a horrible place for Lego sales. But I really like the Dinos and the minifigures are great.

Did anyone get anything fun for Christmas? I got PotC mill, the $50 set, an older Star Wars Clone Wars book and the City Space set.

LEGO Minecraft is back in stock ... seems like a set that will sky rocket in value no matter what, since demand has already been crazy and when it inevitably hits the end of production it will only grow in value due to Minecraft's ever increasing popularity.

Went to two Walmarts. They had the Monster Train for $54. Other than that, there were stickers for some of the sets clearanced for like 30% off. Wasn't enticing enough.

Walmart has a couple of bundled deals with the Hobbit/LotR Legos. I'm still debating on pulling the trigger.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Hobbi...nd-LEGO-Hobbit-Play-Set-Value-Bundle/22630597
http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Hobbi...nd-LEGO-Hobbit-Play-Set-Value-Bundle/22630599
http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Hobbi...nd-LEGO-Hobbit-Play-Set-Value-Bundle/22630598
http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Hobb...y-Set-Collection-Your-Pick-from-9.97/22562296

I was looking for the Monster Train to drop in the $50 dollar range. I tend not to have too much success at my local walmart. I usually never get to see any lego sets on clearance.

Went to two Targets, two Wal-Marts, Toys R Us, and the Lego store today.

All of them seem to indicate that Lego is selling very well. The Targets were pretty bare, with only a few leftover regular price sets and nothing much on clearance. SW Advent Calendars and Mummy sets and that was about it.

The Wal-Marts were sparse, though had more stock. At one, it looked like nothing was on clearance (except Christmas gift baskets/boxes). At the other, there were a lot of toys on clearance, but no Legos.

Toys R Us was, as usual, overpriced. It was also a zoo, since they apparently thought returns were more important than checkouts. Their current deal doesn't work out for me, so I didn't get anything.

The Lego store was busy, and even some everyday items there were sold out.

I've got some Christmas money, but I'm going to hold on to it until I can get the things I want at a good price. Doesn't look like the post-Christmas stuff is going to get there for me.

Lot's of good sets on sale,

Found a Harbor set for $45, Pod Racer for $35, Sith Infiltrator for $27, those were those most notably discounted sets to pick up. I did find a shelf tag for the Millennium Falcon for $79 but good luck with that one. Finally after 2 or so years they put Luke's Speeder on clearance $12.

I can confirm the mini figures for $1, I found a plethora of them but left them all alone because the I didn't want to bother with them.

EDIT: Star Wars advent calender 50% off.

[quote name='skiizim']Lot's of good sets on sale,

Found a Harbor set for $45, Pod Racer for $35, Sith Infiltrator for $27, those were those most notably discounted sets to pick up. I did find a shelf tag for the Millennium Falcon for $79 but good luck with that one. Finally after 2 or so years they put Luke's Speeder on clearance $12.

I can confirm the mini figures for $1, I found a plethora of them but left them all alone because the I didn't want to bother with them.

EDIT: Star Wars advent calender 50% off.[/QUOTE]

Where at?

Hit up a local TRU and Walmart today. Picked up a bunch of City stuff at TRU which was well stocked. Walmart was pretty barren, but did grab a fire plane at $40 and a friend grabbed Weathertop also $40.

There are never good lego sales/clearances around me, but I did see the Black Pearl at Target for $60 today. I already got it on BF for $75 and was happy with that price.

bread's done
Back