LEGO Deals 3

Found someone locally to trade one of the Iron Patriots I got for another Silver Centurion.

Target has a lot of Lego Star Wars TFA sets on Cartwheel, 15% off this week - TIE Fighter, FO Transporter, Kylo Shuttle, Luke, Poe, Rey & Kenobi buildable figures

Sadly the one time I was in Gamestop and asked (It was for Plastic Man) they had none left / sent them to a different store.

Scored a Mega Bloks Covenant Seraph at my local TRU for $10. Must have been a return on maybe found buried in the stockroom. Originally $80...I'll take it; Halo Mega Bloks are the only non-LEGO bricks I'll buy...

Last edited by a moderator:
Scored a Mega Bloks Covenant Seraph at my local TRU for $10. Must have been a return on maybe found buried in the stockroom. Originally $80...I'll take it; Halo Mega Bloks are the only non-LEGO bricks I'll buy...
They have very nice articulated minifigures. I just bought some Mega Bloks Classic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and they're great!

They have very nice articulated minifigures. I just bought some Mega Bloks Classic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and they're great!
I have several of the transformer ones sitting in the garage collecting dust, I think the little figures were more popular than the sets.

Edit: took a look at them, they are kre-0, who cares they aren't Lego.

I have several of the transformer ones sitting in the garage collecting dust, I think the little figures were more popular than the sets.
Edit: took a look at them, they are kre-0, who cares they aren't Lego.
They are Mega Bloks. Kre-O, which is Hasbro but actually produced by the South Korean company Oxford Blocks, had themes of Transformers, G.I. Joe, Dungeons & Dragons, Battleship and Star Trek. The articulation and the designs are different between Mega Bloks and Kre-O minifigures. The bricks do suck for both when compared to LEGO by far.

I agree that the Kre-O Transformers minifigures were the best part of their sets.

And yes I do understand this is LEGO Deals 3.

Lego Store in St. Louis had a couple demo units of the Maze for people to play with (one of each configuration). Ended up getting one. Salesperson mentioned that they've sold 75% of their initial stock in the first 3 days, but more would arrive mid-to-late April.

They also gave my kids a couple of generic Star Wars minifigs for free. Not entirely sure why, but definitely not complaining.

I picked my Maze up Saturday.   Nice to pick up an Ideas set that feels like it's worth the price...yeah, I'm lookin at you Big Bang Theory and Dr. Who.

I picked my Maze up Saturday. Nice to pick up an Ideas set that feels like it's worth the price...yeah, I'm lookin at you Big Bang Theory and Dr. Who.
I feel none of them are worth the price. With BBT and DW at least you are getting exclusive mini figures and printed pieces, and the Sonic Screwdriver. However what does the maze offer? Nothing, and it's about $10 too much too.

I would have bought The Golden Girl set even if it was $100. :lol:

Or ALF! I'd love ALF as a set. Are you listening LEGO Dimension people? ;)

I feel none of them are worth the price. With BBT and DW at least you are getting exclusive mini figures and printed pieces, and the Sonic Screwdriver. However what does the maze offer? Nothing, and it's about $10 too much too.
I think it depends on what you want to get out of the sets. I think the Maze set will have a lot more playability in my house which will make it worth the price. Plus, unlike the old wooden labyrinth games, this gives you the flexibility to change the coarse to add your own challenge.

I'll probably merge it with other sets to create my own themes. I think a Monster Fighters or Scooby-Doo based course would be fun to create.

Let me put it this way:

Ideas Ghostbuster's set weighs 1 lbs and 8 oz at $50

Ideas Maze set weighs 3 lbs and 9 oz at $70

Let me put it this way:

Ideas Ghostbuster's set weighs 1 lbs and 8 oz at $50

Ideas Maze set weighs 3 lbs and 9 oz at $70
That's a horrible way to measure worth.

The Ghostbuster sets has four (exclusive at release) mini figures, and printed pieces that are worth more than bricks in resale value.

I might be able to build the Maze with the pieces i own, or at the very least with pieces I can buy in the feature from LEGO and Bricklink. The same can't be said with license sets.

But if you like it then great! LEGO makes 800 sets a year so we can all enjoy. I'm just happy they made enough sets so it didn't sell out in 3 hours.

BBT and Dr. Who prices are understandable as Lego has to pass on what they pay for licensing fees on to the consumer. With BBT it looks like after the initial rush to get it right after it was released died down substantially because it's on sale everywhere for $15 off retail. I've never seen that with any other Ideas set. Maybe more people have realized what an absolute sh-t show BBT is :p

As for the maze, it just doesn't interest me at all.

So we're going by weight now? Then you can get several pounds of Lego in the Creator sets for $30.

I built marble mazes when I was a kid, before I even knew they existed. This thing doesn't interest me at all.

I do have the BBT and DW sets. Only thing I disliked about the DW set was the inside console being too big, and the Tardis a little too small.

So we're going by weight now? Then you can get several pounds of Lego in the Creator sets for $30.

I built marble mazes when I was a kid, before I even knew they existed. This thing doesn't interest me at all.

I do have the BBT and DW sets. Only thing I disliked about the DW set was the inside console being too big, and the Tardis a little too small.
You think you've built marble mazes and marble runs?

NOPE

This Incredible Marble Run Took Three Years to Build

25 themed sections, 32 different paths, one unbelievable Marble Mountain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxOZbmROfew

The value of any Lego set is relative to the person buying them.  We all look at different things when buying.

My biggest thing is "What can I do or build with the pieces of this set if I break it down?"  I view Legos as a tool for creativity rather than as a collectible.  That doesn't mean I don't acknowledge the fact that a lot of people do...I have an 11 yr old son who buys sets just to get the minifigs usually.  I've sold off minifigs to offset the cost of the pieces I'll keep in some sets.   But I can't build anything with a minifigure. 

Ya know when I was a kid I used to think my dad wasted his time and money buying different tools.  Instead of just borrowing a tool or misusing other tools (like using a flathead for a chisel), my dad would go to Sears and buy the tool.  But now that I'm in my 40's,  I realize that having all those tools opens up a lot more possibilities for building, creating, and repairing.  On the other hand, if my dad just liked collecting hammers, in the end he would just have a nice hammer collection...and you really can't build much with just a hammer. 

The value of any Lego set is relative to the person buying them. We all look at different things when buying.

My biggest thing is "What can I do or build with the pieces of this set if I break it down?" I view Legos as a tool for creativity rather than as a collectible. That doesn't mean I don't acknowledge the fact that a lot of people do...I have an 11 yr old son who buys sets just to get the minifigs usually. I've sold off minifigs to offset the cost of the pieces I'll keep in some sets. But I can't build anything with a minifigure.

But if you are going to break down a $70 set than you might as well just buy a bunch of Creator box sets with just bricks, it be cheaper.

And you can build mini figures with the mini figures. :lol: You need different ones to populate what you may be building.

Ya know when I was a kid I used to think my dad wasted his time and money buying different tools. Instead of just borrowing a tool or misusing other tools (like using a flathead for a chisel), my dad would go to Sears and buy the tool. But now that I'm in my 40's, I realize that having all those tools opens up a lot more possibilities for building, creating, and repairing. On the other hand, if my dad just liked collecting hammers, in the end he would just have a nice hammer collection...and you really can't build much with just a hammer.
Some of us don't have workshops (or even a garage) for all these tools. So we get a hammer collection that we can hang on a wall. And some of might want to create music or cook, and moved away from building things in the garage for various reasons.

If I did do MOCs, I'd do them in CAD programs first, to be honest. I'm only interested in making mechs, so most pieces don't do much for me. Not like when I was young, and all I had were books, Legos, and no money. Outside of minifigures, I really only care about modulars. There are exceptions, of course, like the Blackbird and the Friends Pop Star sets.

The value of any Lego set is relative to the person buying them. We all look at different things when buying.
But the Ecto-1 is one of the greatest ideas sets of all time. Seriously, how has this now been mentioned as a huge contender. It's under the 10 cents a piece threshold, is a fun build, and comes with extremely personable minifigs. If it wasn't for light exploitation of the license in the Firehouse and use in Dimensions they would really be special since it's one of the more obscure licenses.

On another topic, any Disney CMF sightings in Georgia yet?

Just noticed there is a cartwheel offers for some Star Wars Lego at target.
Target has a lot of Lego Star Wars TFA sets on Cartwheel, 15% off this week - TIE Fighter, FO Transporter, Kylo Shuttle, Luke, Poe, Rey & Kenobi buildable figures
There is also a Cartwheel offer for 75% off Lego Dimensions Chima and Lego Movie Fun Packs.

I picked up Benny, and two of the Chima guys. I got denied on Bad Cop because it didn't scan with Cartwheel.

There is also a Cartwheel offer for 75% off Lego Dimensions Chima and Lego Movie Fun Packs.

I picked up Benny, and two of the Chima guys. I got denied on Bad Cop because it didn't scan with Cartwheel.
Wait... Benny works? I thought it was only Emmet and that Chima guy, not everyone from the Movie and Chima line.

Wait... Benny works? I thought it was only Emmet and that Chima guy, not everyone from the Movie and Chima line.
It's supposed to be everyone from the Movie and Chima line, but Bad Cop doesn't work. Even though Cartwheel specifies it's only one item number, it works for everyone in the Chima and Movie lines. Except Bad Cop. Some people are able to get CS to override, but I was denied. I got Eris, Cragger, and Benny with no issues -- the system recognized them and they scanned with the discount.

Crap. Forgot about Emmet. Guess I'll go back again. Good until 4/9

That's awesome. I don't care about most of them. I'd just want Benny and his tiny spaceship (spaceship. SPACESHIP!).

And go back, get Emmet and try to get bad cop again. 

The cartwheel coupons work automatically on all 3 Chima fun packs (Laval, Eris, and Cragger), and 3 of the 4 Lego Movie fun packs (Emmett, Unikitty, and Benny), but nothing else Bad Cop or otherwise. Should come out to $3.74 plus tax/less additional discounts like redcard.

The cartwheel coupons work automatically on all 3 Chima fun packs (Laval, Eris, and Cragger), and 3 of the 4 Lego Movie fun packs (Emmett, Unikitty, and Benny), but nothing else Bad Cop or otherwise. Should come out to $3.74 plus tax/less additional discounts like redcard.
So how does it work exactly? I just tried to get Emmett and the 3 Chima fun packs and it only took off the discount for one. Do you have to add one discount, scan, then add the other and scan? Or make separate transactions? I haven't used cartwheel much so I'm not well versed. I added both discounts to my cart, the lady scanned all 4 fun packs then scanned the barcode on my phone and only 1 got discounted. The cashier was acting kinda bitchy and like I was inconveniencing her so I just said fuck it and walked away.

I hate bitchy cashiers. I was a cashier and I would just give the costumer whatever to get them out of the door. But at the same time it's a shit job so they are probably just having a bad day.

I want a Benny and maybe Unikitty. Maybe I'll just go through self checkout twice.

I too have never used Cartwheel, always seemed pointless. 5% off of something random!

You should have been like this...

ice-cube-bye-felicia.jpg

So how does it work exactly? I just tried to get Emmett and the 3 Chima fun packs and it only took off the discount for one. Do you have to add one discount, scan, then add the other and scan? Or make separate transactions? I haven't used cartwheel much so I'm not well versed. I added both discounts to my cart, the lady scanned all 4 fun packs then scanned the barcode on my phone and only 1 got discounted. The cashier was acting kinda bitchy and like I was inconveniencing her so I just said fuck it and walked away.
It sounds to me like you only have the Lego Movie deal added to your Cartwheel. The Chima deal is another one that you have to add additionally.

Party at Georox house!

My Targets have 'low stock' of the Dimension sets I want. I'm not even going to bother then. :(

Low stock doesn't mean no stock. :)
Yes it does. :lol:

If I can't do in store pick up same day then I'm not wasting my time going out of my way to go to Target. (It's one that's not close to me and in the middle of no where. I go to it when the weather is nice to go for a walk on a trail. But it's 35, windy and cloudy.) I have worked way way too many retail jobs to know that low stock means no stock. :lol:

A friend of mine wants my CMF diner woman, I'll see if he will pick me up one (I want Benny for the ship and UniKitty for the exclusive face.) and then trade.

Hmmm. The app discount worked automagically for me at self checkout in one transaction. Since there are 2 separate "coupons" (1 Chima and 1 Lego movie), each coupon is good for up to 4 qualifying items per transaction (fairly certain that includes multiples of same item) and 6 transactions per day. Not sure why it didn't work for you, however I would double check that both coupons were actually added to your cartwheel, then double check your bar code screen and scroll down to ensure both are showing there.

bread's done
Back