LEGO Deals 3

Festivus miracle #1. TRU actually shipped my scooby doo lego mansion. Festivus miracle #2 will be if that is actually what is in the box when it arrives. I'm hoping for a lego star wars sand crawler size mistake

Last edited by a moderator:
That's actually really tempting.
I'm holding off for 50% off because I'm Cheap Ass AFOL.

Or buy two for a 57.50$ each, then give one to me. ;)

Festivus miracle #1. TRU actually shipped my scooby doo lego mansion. Festivus miracle #2 will be if that is actually what is in the box when it arrives. I'm hoping for a lego star wars sand crawler size mistake
You are over a week early for Festivus and there are no gifts or miracles just a long list of how you are a disappointment!

On the plus side, if they screw up you can add them to the Airing of Grievances

Hey folks! I'd love a little input here. I'm not really a Ninjago guy, but there does seem to be a number of cool & rare pieces in the City of Stiix set. Is $52 worth it for the pieces? (I imagine so, but I'd love a second or third opinion.) Thanks so much!

Hey folks! I'd love a little input here. I'm not really a Ninjago guy, but there does seem to be a number of cool & rare pieces in the City of Stiix set. Is $52 worth it for the pieces? (I imagine so, but I'd love a second or third opinion.) Thanks so much!
BUY BUY BUY!

I don't really like the set at all, but buy now, return later, or keep and not have to pay for a month or so. :)

AWD has a Super Hero Girls High School for $59.
https://smile.amazon.com/LEGO-Super-Girls-41232-School/dp/B01F4710ES/ref=sr_1_2?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=merchant&ie=UTF8&qid=1481767690&sr=1-2&keywords=lego

They had the new Mr. Freeze set for $14.63 but by the time I went to check out it was gone. There have been almost NOTHING good this year, very disappointing.

Worth is subjective. For a 1000 pc set the normal standard value is $0.10 per piece. This set is half the standard, and a good deal value wise. Sure there are better deals out there, but if you like the theme and have the cash then go for it.

If I like this set or my son is into it I'll pay full price, but stuff like walmart/target clearance averages around me are 30% or so. Like Greenie said, buy now and you can always change your mind later. Even better like some of us, buy everything on clearance that you can and just put it away for later.

Told you Karkyco. :)

Next week it will be $40. :) (Or buy 2 and they be $40 right now.)
Damnit, I didn't check in all day and it's long gone. Doh!

I did get the Lego Friends Roller Coaster "on sale" for $79.99 at Target along with the SW Droids crash landing set (also "on sale" for $19.99) plus a reindeer poly ($3.49) to put it over the $100 threshold and got the $25 off of that. But damn, a pair of these for $40 a piece would have been very nice.

There's a Cartwheel offer for 50% off Ninjago Jay Walker One 70731, which brings it down to about $20. Only valid today. DPCI is 204-00-1485. 

I've been gathering Amazon gift cards to try to purchase the Holiday Train set. Turns out it's only available from 3rd parties, and marked up quite a bit. If I had known earlier, I would've just bought the Changing Seasons set when Amazon price matched the TRU sale from last week.

It's been $70 on Target, then the $10 off makes it $60. It be that price through Saturday or whenever they run out.

An interesting new poybag of disco AND clown Batman....

http://brickset.com/sets/30607-1/Disco-Batman-Tears-of-Batman

AWD has been really bad this holiday season vs the last few years, but keep an eye out. Not everything is always listed, you have to look for the certain set. Like last night they had some backordered Beatle set for $43-44, which is a great deal on a newer set. I'd buy it but my LEGO budget is blown.

I've heard some horror stories recently about AWD, mainly missing pieces and/or minifigs, so I've kind of cooled off on buying from them.

Fortrex is a better deal on target if you can make it to 100, but either way it's a cool set if you like a castle that rolls like a tank.

Barnes and Noble has a sale right now, I'm kinda hoping Amazon and Target match.

BUY BUY BUY!

I don't really like the set at all, but buy now, return later, or keep and not have to pay for a month or so. :)

AWD has a Super Hero Girls High School for $59.
https://smile.amazon.com/LEGO-Super-Girls-41232-School/dp/B01F4710ES/ref=sr_1_2?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=merchant&ie=UTF8&qid=1481767690&sr=1-2&keywords=lego

They had the new Mr. Freeze set for $14.63 but by the time I went to check out it was gone. There have been almost NOTHING good this year, very disappointing.

Worth is subjective. For a 1000 pc set the normal standard value is $0.10 per piece. This set is half the standard, and a good deal value wise. Sure there are better deals out there, but if you like the theme and have the cash then go for it.

If I like this set or my son is into it I'll pay full price, but stuff like walmart/target clearance averages around me are 30% or so. Like Greenie said, buy now and you can always change your mind later. Even better like some of us, buy everything on clearance that you can and just put it away for later.
Thank you kindly for your input. I decided to buy the set at $52.00 and it should be arriving today, or Monday. I very much appreciate your replies and wish you happy hunting!

For those of you getting shot down trying to price match in store and use the coupon  there is an online option. 

I've been price matching Target.com orders using the chat option.

Items must be in stock for both stores and they usually ask you to provide the links for both stores - yes, even their own :wall:

After verifying the difference, you place the order, give them the order # and they apply the credit. 

I did this earlier this week dropping 2 $50 games down to $20 each and they still gave me the bonus $50 giftcard.

I just price matched the U-wing ($80-->$64) and the Tie Striker ($70-->$54) to Walmart for $93 after $25 toy discount and Redcard.  (Actually $43 for me after using that previous $50 giftcard ;) )

Last day, good luck.

Target.com updated their LEGO page with 2017 graphics, but none of the sets. 

http://www.target.com/c/lego-toys-featured-brands/-/N-56h33#?lnk=ct_menu_05_38&intc=1865091%7Cnull

There is the Creator robot and the new Hulk.

I'm hopefully getting LEGO Wall-e for Christmas, but I was going to buy it today just in case for $10 off. Nope, no longer listed. So in case anyone wants it but it now (and return later!) because it's being retired.

And summer City is going to be Jungle! It was teased in a LEGO magazine in Europe. So I'm thinking it will be be vehicles where you are looking for golden jewels and the vehicles will look exactly like Arctic and Volcano.

Just a heads up on rare YMMV. My local Walmart in CT had the Lego U-Wing on clearance for $20. All of the other 10 Walmart had it on sale for $64.

Just a heads up on rare YMMV. My local Walmart in CT had the Lego U-Wing on clearance for $20. All of the other 10 Walmart had it on sale for $64.
Where in CT? Any chance was it Manchester? Or this one.... (I love Brickseeker)

Walmart Supercenter

495 Flatbush Avenue
Hartford CT 06106
860-953-0040

Are you in CT also?

Where in CT? Any chance was it Manchester? Or this one.... (I love Brickseeker)

Walmart Supercenter

495 Flatbush Avenue
Hartford CT 06106
860-953-0040
That's the one it was at. Just checked Brickseek and it has this message.

Conflicting data was obtained for the above record. A quantity of 9 was returned but the store is reporting "Out of Stock".

Just checked brickseek and the cheapest Walmart had some for $30 but no stock, next cheapest has some for $45 and about 4 in stock, everywhere else is $68

Found a store nearby with plenty of stock for $30. Let me get there before I tell anyone else where it is ;)

Thanks for the heads-up.

I was at that Walmart last week during lunch picking up some other Lego clearance for kid's Christmas gifts since I work in the Hartford area. What's the first thing I see? Two guys face down on the floor at the entranced being arrested. O:)

Typical Green Giant date. :D/
What do stuck up brats with tiny dicks have to do with LEGO? :)

So the Target sale this week seems to be Ninjago and City. The lighthouse that was $43 last week after $10 off is now $42.39. A few $20 sets are $11-12, including a prison set with 5 mini figures for $11.51. Tiger Widow Island is $26.xx which is like 48% off.

http://www.target.com/c/lego-toys-featured-brands/-/N-56h33Z5char?lnk=LEGONinjago&type=products

Some City sets are also still very cheap, the awesome van and camper is still $12.79, the fairy is $16. The Volcano Starter Set is $6.

Elves is on sale too, but when is it not?

My Passenger Train still isn't ready for pickup. I should've just had it shipped. It was delayed till the 16-20th so hopefully they are still able to.

Prices are not ringing up that way in store, but some of the Minecraft sets seem to have kept the lower sale price online as well as applying the 20%.

Some of the smaller sets are close enough to B1G1 free. The Cave and The Dungeon are MSRP $19.99, but are $10.63 each after Red Card.

Prices are not ringing up that way in store, but some of the Minecraft sets seem to have kept the lower sale price online as well as applying the 20%.

Some of the smaller sets are close enough to B1G1 free. The Cave and The Dungeon are MSRP $19.99, but are $10.63 each after Red Card.

That's the same price they are online after red Card too.

AWD has the new Batcave for $72. However it says 'Item will come repackaged', so I'm not sure what that means. Might be worth the gamble.

https://smile.amazon.com/LEGO-BATMAN-Batcave-Break-Building/dp/B01J8PBHU4/ref=sr_1_5?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=merchant&ie=UTF8&qid=1482120320&sr=1-5&keywords=lego
One can only hope they send you this:

12469630_10153416138738403_2825590140314393571_o.jpg

Do they make motorized LEGO sets through? Probably have to be push only.

And I modded the last Police Station (60047) so it's not as LEGO-ized (AKA the jail is smaller, and the garage has walls.)

Ho Ho Ho by Green Giant, on Flickr

(I forgot to add that it does't use any non-set pieces besides two 1x2 tiles of the roof trim.)

Do they make motorized LEGO sets through? Probably have to be push only.
They are apparently doing a motorized AT-AT -- it's pre-sell right now, but the description and fake box both have 'battery function'. So anything's possible.

They're also doing the Taj Mahal and Carousel. :shock:

I just put together the LEPIN Market Street, and Green Grocer's next.

They are apparently doing a motorized AT-AT -- it's pre-sell right now, but the description and fake box both have 'battery function'. So anything's possible.

They're also doing the Taj Mahal and Carousel. :shock:

I just put together the LEPIN Market Street, and Green Grocer's next.
Lol, I'm doing the same thing; getting the OOP modulars I'm missing since I have no interest in paying the ridiculous ebay prices. I'm really tempted to even get the UCS Falcon or Death Star but frankly I still need to conserve space.

I'm thinking about doing the same thing. I could have gotten Cafe Corner and Green Grocer 'cheap' when they were still out (About $96 and $108 if I remember correctly) but I wasn't thinking. I have no issues buying fakes that the only difference seems to be the door of CC.

I'm thinking about doing the same thing. I could have gotten Cafe Corner and Green Grocer 'cheap' when they were still out (About $96 and $108 if I remember correctly) but I wasn't thinking. I have no issues buying fakes that the only difference seems to be the door of CC.
The only real difference on Market Street is the white flexible tubes (used to make the balconies) are not the right thickness and don't support the skeleton arms to complete the balcony railing. That, and the one turntable (black square with spinny grey circle) is not as ironclad stuck together as genuine Lego.

But honestly...so what? That's 5 out of 1200 pieces. It was about $45 shipped. Complete originals go for ~$500 on eBay.

Everything else was spot on, including the minifigures. I don't know if they're getting better or it's just set variation, but this set had the more detailed face printing and clothing and they were indistinguishable from genuine product.

I've been putting together a genuine Slave-1 at the same time, and the bricks are essentially the same. Once again, zero tolerance or build issues, except for the above. Everything holds together and fits and feels like it should. I had to remind myself they were not official bricks.

I wonder which worries Lego more: that LEPIN counterfeits their stuff, or what would happen if they ever went legit.

I wonder which worries Lego more: that LEPIN counterfeits their stuff, or what would happen if they ever went legit.
I think that's why they are suing. When the quality of the knockoffs suck, who cares, but when it starts to get really good it starts to pose a threat. A few people are starting to see the ripoff that LEGO is. But the problem is LEGO fanboys are worse than video game ones, or Trump and Clinton supporters (It amazes me people actually like either one.). They come up with excuses. "LEGOs are cheaper now because 30 years ago a 450 piece Police Station cost $50, that's be like $85 today and for $100 you get 990 pieces....". yet they don't take into account that making the LEGOs now-a-days is dirt cheap. They use robots and shitter plastic and dyes. There are TONS of stickers. Research and development and boxes doesn't cost $100 dollars for a $170 modular set. Lepin obviously has to make money too, and they are, and I believe they can still if they made there own things.

Hell, just hire designers for 3% of sales of the set they design. That's still 3 times as much as Ideas, and les likely to be stolen. ;)

I seriously considered a Lepin version of the Ghostbusters firehouse set. My kids have been begging for it but $350 is just a ridiculous amount. I decided against it after seeing how un-official the minifigures looked. Things need to be accurate when you pay for nostalgia. But had it been just a plain old non-themed Lego set, I might have gone for it.

How do you organize the sets you are done playing with?

I have been adding a number of sets in the past year and I need to start putting some sets away.  Right now I am disassembling sets and putting them in ziploc baggies so I can keep each set together. I put the instruction manual in the bag and hopefully this all fits back in the original box.

Any comments would be appreciated.

I have been adding a number of sets in the past year and I need to start putting some sets away. Right now I am disassembling sets and putting them in ziploc baggies so I can keep each set together. I put the instruction manual in the bag and hopefully this all fits back in the original box.
I tend to put them in a ziploc, collapse the box, and store the instructions inside the ziploc with the bricks. The ziploc bags go in a storage tote/Rubbermaid bin. If the instructions are too large to fit in the ziploc bag I store them inside the tote at the bottom (usually under base plates if there's any baseplates in the tote.

I have been adding a number of sets in the past year and I need to start putting some sets away. Right now I am disassembling sets and putting them in ziploc baggies so I can keep each set together. I put the instruction manual in the bag and hopefully this all fits back in the original box.

When taking sets apart, I literally use the instructions in reverse order and use the orange tool (comes with every set it seems lately) to take pieces apart and put them in bags. Most of the sets are numbered bags, so I'll get smaller zip loc bags and take apart the sets until you get to the beginning of a numbered bag. I seal that bag up, grab a marker and write the number on it. Then, I keep going and do the same thing. This way, all the pieces are back in numbered bags so when I go to reassemble it later, it's just as easy as it was the first time.

All the zip loc bags and instructions go into the original box and I out the boxes into rubbermaid bins. If they don't fit in the bins, I just have the boxes sitting on a table in the basement.

bread's done
Back