LEGO Deals 3

That really sucks man. Can you fix the table somehow?
I can't fix the table. The only option would be to build a stand to tilt the MF, but even then it will be an extremely tight fit. If I build one of out Technic bricks, that's an option. But I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the weight of the Falcon at an angle.

Right now, I'm leaning towards just getting another table and using my current table in another room.

Walmart Black Friday Lego deals are the big box of random pieces for $20.  900 piece regular Lego box or 120 piece Duplo.  They look very similar to the ones from the past two years or so.  Good value, but nothing exciting.

Walmart Black Friday Lego deals are the big box of random pieces for $20. 900 piece regular Lego box or 120 piece Duplo. They look very similar to the ones from the past two years or so. Good value, but nothing exciting.
I think last years box was 1600ish pieces for $30.

Is anyone else having issues with posting pictures here from flickr? Nothing I do actually gets the fucking picture to post.

Actually now CAG is telling me...

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.
Anyways the so called Batman figures have been revealed, only two Batmans, I hope everyone likes to go swimming.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbWpHZRFiHN/?taken-by=margaret_bricks

Last edited by a moderator:
Those new Batman minifigs are pretty awesome...the freakin Wonder Twins!!!  70's Superman movie Zod!!!

Has anybody seen a December Lego calendar yet.  I'm  looking to get my son a Death Star for Xmas this year, and it looks like next weekend is probably a good time to get it as the Lego store is doing double points and a free Nutcracker.

Is it better to wait for Black Friday? Do they still do that scratch coupon thing that gives 10% off?

The reason I'm buying it from a Lego store is because I don't trust shipping this from another retailer won't  get me a box that looks like an elephant sat on it.

Thanks for any info.

Has anybody seen a December Lego calendar yet.

The reason I'm buying it from a Lego store is because I don't trust shipping this from another retailer won't get me a box that looks like an elephant sat on it.

Thanks for any info.
https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-december-2017-store-calendar-promotions-and-events/

I have some bad news if you think LEGO won't send you a box that looks like the Death Star shot at it, LEGO sucks as much as everyone else. I have a Christmas set that really bent up, even more than most of my AWD orders.

I know dude, that's why I'm going to get it in a store.  Two years ago, I had to return  Technic Volvo Loaders  from Walmart.com twice because they just stuck labels on the box and shipped them out. :roll:  :nottalking:  

Thanks for the Dec. Calendar.  I think we got that mini bus last year, so I'll be getting the nutcracker next weekend unless somebody makes a good argument to wait for Black Friday.

I'll be getting the nutcracker next weekend unless somebody makes a good argument to wait for Black Friday.
You will be missing out on the DEALS!!!! I mean 5% off some sets is always a great day!

But seriously I think not weekend couple points and if you get the Nutcracker early like normal would be your best choice.

Today is Singles Day in China, which is bigger than Black Friday

Lepin and Xingbao sets (Xingbao is a subsidiary of Lepin) are almost all on discount.

Additionally, from some quick reading, Xingbao pays designers of their sets (instead of just stealing them) -- I don't know how true this is -- and has some pretty cool stuff like:

The Romantic Heart set

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/XingBao-01202-New-Romantic-Heart-Set-with-Light-1500Pcs-USB-Building-Block-Bricks-Educational-DIY-Toy/32828580997.html

The Martial Arts building

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/In-Stock-2531Pcs-Block-Genuine-Creative-Building-Series-The-Chinese-Martial-Arts-Set-Building-Blocks-Bricks/32816782756.html

The Toys and Bookstore (shh, don't tell TRU)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Creative-MOC-City-Series-XingBao-XB-01006-5491Pcs-The-Toys-and-Bookstore-Set-Children-Building-Blocks/32816057813.html

I'm ordering some stuff today, I just don't know what.  There's a lot to choose from.  And Lego, looks like your worst nightmare has just begun.

I was getting ready to ship out a new, sealed 10199 Toy Shop when I noticed there were loose pieces inside.  I bought this set direct from Lego in 2009 or whatever and it's been sealed ever since.  I opened the box and sure enough, one of the bags was partially open and there were a couple of loose pieces in the box.  The other seven bags were sealed, so it looks like a packing defect or something.  Anyone else come across this?

I'm ordering some stuff today, I just don't know what. There's a lot to choose from. And Lego, looks like your worst nightmare has just begun.
I ordered a Deadpool Duck last month on eBay, he came in on Friday, he's perfect. He's even better than the LEGO one as he has cool bullet packs on his waist, and the shoulder strap with his swords. LEGO is fucking themselves with these stupid ass exclusives.

Best Buy has a sale on Dimensions. If you don't have a card and do in store pick up it's about the same price as the Target glitch (10 cents more a figure) for Fun Packs. If you have a card it's really super cheap. All the packs are half off.

And the woman from instagram I got that Batman Minifigures from spent 100 pounds on an alien from Alien 'costume' figure, as she never buys knockoffs. I'm not sure if she is just a pretentious bitch who is bragging and thinks that makes her cool or a complete idiot who shouldn't have children. I saw the exact same figure on eBay for $6.

Since TRU has minifigs on sale this week (2 for $5), does anyone know if Target will price match that? Starting to think I want more little bowls and some other random accessories.

Since TRU has minifigs on sale this week (2 for $5), does anyone know if Target will price match that? Starting to think I want more little bowls and some other random accessories.
They should as long as they can find the item with their price matching Ipad. Of course, it mostly depends on who you get helping you and their level of competence.

I just posted my first video review of a Lepin set... the Old Fishing Store. I still need to work on the lighting, but I plan on doing more Lepin sets soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guZemwqVJFQ

TRU Black Friday ad only has 40% off older sets - lame
Save 60% every day buy just buying the Lepin version.

Lepin: LEGO bricks for poor people.

I just hope my Christmas knockoffs come in before Christmas.

Also I find this knockoff to be.... interesting. Never knew the hipbone piece would also fill in for another bone on naked yellow Deadpool.

s-l1600.jpg

In case anyone is interested, here are a few of the sets I found that TRU will have on sale for Black Friday with sale prices.

Thursday 11/23 only.

Star Wars Resistance X-Wing Fighter $47.99

City Police Auto Transport Heist $31.19

Minecraft The Fortess

Friends Heartlake Grand Hotel $77.99

Star Wars Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle $71.99

The Batman Movie Killer Croc Tail-Gator $44.99

Ninjago City Of Stiix $65.99

Disney Princess Arendelle Castle Celebration $41.99

11/23 - 11/25

Super Heroes The Milano vs The Abilisk $34.99

Batman Movie The Scuttler $55.99

Star Wars Tie Stryker $48.99

Speed Champions Ford F-150 Raptor & Model A Hot Rod $34.99

Disney Princess Belle's Enchanted Castle $34.99

Creator Vacation Getaways $48.99

Batman Movie Two-Face Double Demolition $41.99

Ideas Caterham Seven 620R $55.99

Nexo Knights Clay's Falcon Fighter Blaster $38.49

Speed Champions Ferrari FXX K & Development Center $36.39

Ninjago The Lighthouse Siege $62.99

Ideas Yellow Submarine $48.99

City Police Patrol Boat $38.49

Marvel Super Heroes Super Hero Airport Battle $55.99

Technic Volve EW16E $83.99

City Volcano Supply Helicopter $38.49

Star Wars Captain Rex's AT-TE $83.99

Technic Class Xerion 5000 Trac Vc $132.99

Star Wars Star Scavenger $34.99

Star Wars Encounter On Jakku $41.99

Nexo Knights Axl's Tower Carrier $48.99

Nexo Knights General Magmar's Siege Machine Of Doom $34.99

Chima Mammoth's Frozen Stronghold $24.49

Speed Champions Porsche 919 Hybrid and 917K Pit Lane $52.49

In case anyone is interested, here are a few of the sets I found that TRU will have on sale for Black Friday with sale prices.

Thursday 11/23 only.

Star Wars Resistance X-Wing Fighter $47.99

City Police Auto Transport Heist $31.19

Minecraft The Fortess

Friends Heartlake Grand Hotel $77.99

Star Wars Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle $71.99

The Batman Movie Killer Croc Tail-Gator $44.99

Ninjago City Of Stiix $65.99

Disney Princess Arendelle Castle Celebration $41.99
But what about the stores that aren't open on Thanksgiving? I mean I really don't want to miss out on those awful deals!

Save 60% every day buy just buying the Lepin version.

Lepin: LEGO bricks for poor people.

I just hope my Christmas knockoffs come in before Christmas.
Which Christmas ones did you get? I got last year's holiday train (I've already assembled it... hope to get a review up next week), the previous year's Winter Toy Shop (next thing I'll build), and this year's Winter Village Station (waiting to receive). I figure that together, they'll make a pretty neat Christmas set. And the cost was barely more than the original Lego price of the holiday train.

I was getting ready to ship out a new, sealed 10199 Toy Shop when I noticed there were loose pieces inside. I bought this set direct from Lego in 2009 or whatever and it's been sealed ever since. I opened the box and sure enough, one of the bags was partially open and there were a couple of loose pieces in the box. The other seven bags were sealed, so it looks like a packing defect or something. Anyone else come across this?
I actually just had this happen with a Lepin set (yeah, I know... but still, I think the bags are the same). It was the UCS B-Wing, and when I opened the packaging, I found that one of the cellophane bags had split, spilling some pieces into the outer packaging. I think it's just that those cellophane bags can get kind of brittle over time, and they basically just "crack."

Walmart currently has Jestro's Headquarter's for $40. Seems like a better deal than most of the Lego deals for Black Friday.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Nexo-Knights-Jestro-s-Headquarters-70352/55126167
You can always go to Canada. The 900 piece box that's $30 in the USA, is only 24.88 in Canada, that's $19.50. At least we will all be saving money.

Which Christmas ones did you get? I got last year's holiday train (I've already assembled it... hope to get a review up next week), the previous year's Winter Toy Shop (next thing I'll build), and this year's Winter Village Station (waiting to receive). I figure that together, they'll make a pretty neat Christmas set. And the cost was barely more than the original Lego price of the holiday train.
Maybe knockoff wasn't the right word, third party probably be more accurate. I bought The Grinch minifigure and I think some random other ones. I don't remember what I bidder on. :lol:

I got a real Toy Shop for $54 and I got the old Holiday Train for $45 whenever it was out. It's now going for like $200 on eBay. People are nuts.

Anyone interested in unopened Hobbit polys - lake town guard (TRU exclusive) and good morning bilbo baggins (GameStop exclusive) before I put them up on eBay?

The new modular has leaked, it's a 50s diner! Because all those City cops need to have many places to eat.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbpVVPIHgL4/?taken-by=mario_power56
Wow, thanks for posting that. I had to double check that it wasn't a MOC since that style is so strong and garish compared to the other modulars. The Palace Cinema is probably a close second but I think the Diner is going to seriously stick out. Still, it looks pretty good and now people can do their favorite Nighthawks homage or parody. My favorite is the one with Bogart, Monroe, Elvis, and Dean but I don't know who would fit in well for a Bogart minifigure.

Target is so lame, they have a bunch of sets with 20% off cartwheel offers for today, but have raised the prices in-store back up to msrp so no real good deals

Target is so lame, they have a bunch of sets with 20% off cartwheel offers for today, but have raised the prices in-store back up to msrp so no real good deals
TRU does that too. It's laughable. Even Amazon does it. I was going to ask for the Park and Rec DVD for Christmas, it was $19 all year until October 15, now it's $45. So when they stick it on sale for a 'lightning deal' at $25 it looks like an actual deal.

Aside from minor box wear it was in excellent condition. Same guy is now selling the $150 walker from Last Jedi. Not sure I want to know what’s going on with him.
He got sick of 5% off Black Friday sales so instead he's doing 5 finger discounts every day.

I bought 4 Dimension Fun Packs from Best Buy last week. I did in store pick up and saved $4. It was a pain. However being Best Buy is stupid they said I only picked up 3, so I got a refund for $5.xx a few days ago. I got four fun packs for $15.

So LEGO has started their Black Friday sale!

20% off sets that have been 20% off at every other store for the last 6 months! Woohoo!

Mini Christmas sets are $8, and the Thanksgiving set is $5 but now sold out (damn needing sleep). Cinema set is $120. Some random exclusive things are 20% off like the horrible calendar.

Some decent Target deals...50% off cyber deals on some Lego sets.

https://www.target.com/c/toys-cyber-week-deals/building-set/-/N-h3223Z5vfq0#type=products&lnk=Buildingsets

Dr. Strange set for $15 after I bought it for $21 finally a month ago :bomb:
I was debating buying another one because I feel in 10 years the set will go for like $100 as adult collectors realize it's a nice set to display on a desk.

It's 'Temporarily' OOS, I have a feeling it will majicly come back in stock at 3:01am Eastern on Tuesday, aka as soon as the sale is over.

Good prices on the eclipso set and a few others of dc superhero girls sets. They are set to retire at the end of the year and just came out in June so short shelf life.

bread's done
Back