LEGO Deals 3

Yes, this is entirely (welcome) news to me! The only one show I'd want more than Gravity Falls from Disney would be "Star Vs. The Forces of Evil" but I don't think the show has enough of a fan base to justify it as a full set. But maybe some day?

Sadly the rumour got slightly deflated when the Japanese Tea Garden Ideas set was also rejected early. The official review is next month for both it and Gravity Falls got early word they didn't make it, but there are still 10 sets left that haven't heard. So I'm still hoping it's because LEGO has something in development and they don't want to be (rightfully) accused of stealing Ideas sets anymore and gave the designers a heads up.

The Tea Garden set looks very much like the Air Temple NinjaGo set from a few years ago.

I doubt Gravity Falls is popular enough to get a set. Adventure Time set didn't do well, and that's much more popular. As much as I would like a Mystery Shack and a Lego Waddles.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just went to Disney World a few weeks ago and was kinda dismayed at the lack of anything Gravity Falls.  I'm not talking characters or anything fancy, but simply merch.  There was zilch.  Kind of a bummer.

I doubt Gravity Falls is popular enough to get a set. Adventure Time set didn't do well, and that's much more popular. As much as I would like a Mystery Shack and a Lego Waddles.
Don't discount the popularity of Gravity Falls, everyone here likes it. Adventure Time was already fading into the sunset and the set is GARBAGE and one huge other thing, no minifigures.

I doubt Gravity Falls set will happen, I also doubted a Stranger Things set would happen...

Barnes & Noble has some sets at 30% off MSRP, including some sets that are getting harder to find: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/b/new-clearance/building-lego/lego/_/N-2qh1Z15Z19Z2fpy

You can save another 19% off your order by getting discounted B&N e-gift cards at CardCookie. That is what I always do for bn.com orders. The cards take about 10 minutes to arrive via email and you can use up to 6 of them per bn.com order.
The extra 19% off makes some of the sets decent. It's a good sale on discontinued sets, but the ones I like have been cheaper.

And the Adventure Time set is included that is missing Lumpy Space Princess! And we wonder why it was a huge failure.

I just went to Disney World a few weeks ago and was kinda dismayed at the lack of anything Gravity Falls. I'm not talking characters or anything fancy, but simply merch. There was zilch. Kind of a bummer.
Even when it was airing new episodes, they didn't have much of anything. At best you'd find the books. I live about ten minutes away and would look periodically. All my shirts had to come from shirt-a-day sites or similar.

Might just be movie vs. television, though. Big Hero 6 has merchandise, but that seems to be more tied to the movie than the television cartoon - the style of art is different enough that you could tell whether a shirt graphic was one or the other, I think.

Kojubat is right - tv shows don’t get a lot of merch or love in general at the parks, the park merchandise and attractions are all about animated classics for the most part
For tv merch you have to rely on places like hot topic, box lunch or indie places on the web

Granted, the LEGO Dimensions Adventure Time packs were decent ... sadly Gravity Falls probably would have made a better Level/Minifigure set as well.

You may be onto something, I didn't see any DuckTales merch either... however Scrooge & Launchpad were signing autographs so that was cool.

I'd be in for a DuckTales LEGO set in a heartbeat.  Like etcrane said with Gravity Falls, DT would have made for a great Dimensions set.

SO bad news Gravity Falls fans, LEGO vaguely screwed us over. Someone go make a Gravity Falls set and stick it on Ideas.

Although questions haven’t directly come in via LAN, I can understand there are some questions about the recent archival of the two LEGO Ideas 10K Club submissions Japanese Tea Gardens and Gravity Falls Mystery Shack.

It’s incredibly rare that we make the decision to remove submissions that have achieved the 10,000 supporter milestone and to not allow them through to the review stage. Unfortunately, after a thorough evaluation we made the tough decision (because we can clearly see that both models are incredibly well built) that in these two cases we had to do this as the submissions did not comply with our Terms of Service. We couldn’t, in respect to the LEGO Ideas community, move the submissions into the review stage as well as award prizes, whether the main prize or the consolation prize, to the members in question.

Although we know that you’re all very interested in knowing the specific underlying reasons for why we decided to archive them, this is not information that I can share with you out of respect for the privacy of the members in question. Should the members in question choose to share the reason for the archival of their submissions, then they are welcome to do so.

Well that's interesting.  Sounds like some minor/weird technicality, like an minimum age requirement or country of origin discrepency or something stupid.

I read on another forum that the Gravity Falls designer was a LEGO retail store employee which is what disqualified them

Edit - just saw series 19 minifigures at GameStop a little while ago

Today is the first day of school in the area an in honor of it I'd like to point out that the past tense of bid is bid or bade. Now you know.

I can use that. I hope that your Ebay bades (e-bades?) Are unsuccessful and you trade me minifigures. Hehe.
You are an awful, selfish human being so I love you. :)

Yeah I had to look it up as 'bidded' made the most sense in my head but still seemed off. But I think it's eBay bids still but I bade an auction. I think I'll stick to bid.

I read on another forum that the Gravity Falls designer was a LEGO retail store employee which is what disqualified them

Edit - just saw series 19 minifigures at GameStop a little while ago
So yeah, a dumb technicality. Why is that even a thing? I could see excluding master builders that design actual sets, but a retail clerk? Come on.

So yeah, a dumb technicality. Why is that even a thing? I could see excluding master builders that design actual sets, but a retail clerk? Come on.
Working at Lowes the first paragraph in the contract talk about how you can't talk poorly about Lowes at work, after work, privately or even after you no longer work at Lowes. :lol:

Lowes is a piece of shit whose management wouldn't know their head from their ass if they got bitch slapped or spanked. I quit for the the second time once they wanted me to come in at 3am to water plants because the women their hired to be 'MORNING WATERER' couldn't work mornings. (Not bitter or anything.... :lol:)

So yeah companies do stupid shit and there are some stupid rules. My favorite would be if the Gravity Falls designer's cousin made the set he might be disqualified from Ideas because it also includes family members for most contests and promos.

Not sure how long it will last, but shopdisney.com currently has 40% off toys including LEGO and you can get free shipping on orders over $75. I just got the UCS Millennium Falcon for $480 plus tax. I assume this is among the lowest prices it's been. You can also get the Disney Castle for $210 plus tax, and Steamboat Willie for $54 plus tax. They do not have the new Disney train though.

The shopdisney.com deal is dead now, sorry. And apparently Disney customer service reps are saying that it was an error and the discount should not have applied to LEGO products, so it's possible that orders may be cancelled anyway.

Disney: WE ARE HAVING A 40% OFF EVERYTHING SALE!!!!!!!!!
Costumers: Oh sweet, I'll by some LEGO, Funko, and Disney junk!
Disney: Oh.... None of anything you want is on sale. But you can save 40% off the E.T. Atari game!!!!!!

Got a 90% complete Assembly Square on eBay for $100. All of the parts bags are sealed but it's missing a few of the bags. I purposely bought this to force myself to do more MOCs. Hopefully I have time to work on it sometime in the next few months.

Not sure how long it will last, but shopdisney.com currently has 40% off toys including LEGO and you can get free shipping on orders over $75. I just got the UCS Millennium Falcon for $480 plus tax. I assume this is among the lowest prices it's been. You can also get the Disney Castle for $210 plus tax, and Steamboat Willie for $54 plus tax. They do not have the new Disney train though.
Where the hell was I at for this. =/

[attachment=32698:1335C7A4-018B-4B24-B77A-307D1BCB413C.jpeg]

Was out of town yesterday and stumbled on these in a small town Wal Mart. They only had one set apiece so guessing it was a site to store that didn’t get picked up?

Nice. I got my first UCS set. Some guy on offer up has the most recent tie fighter up for 120 and I couldn't pass it up.
The only UCS I have is the TIE Advance Prototype (10175) that my mom found at a tag sale for super cheap. It was a bitch to built and I somehow lost two of the long tube like 'pieces' but it's got a new sticker and printed pieces and seems to go for $300 on Bricklink. I still to need to find those tube things and sell it.

Yeah, the Star Wars Ultimate line is one I wish had more money to collect.   I have the TIE Interceptor from 2000.  I don't even remember buying it.  I was a HUGE SW collector from '91-'00, so that might have been one of the last SW things I picked up.  

Other than that one though, I nabbed the B-Wing on clearance for $99.  And recently bought the big daddy Falcon.  I'm thinking of picking up the Y-Wing with my LEGO points, which would give me a decent discount on it.

I wish I nabbed the X-Wing and Slave 1 when they were out.  They're bound to get redesigns at some point though.  Too much money to be made to never make another.

I recently got Hogwarts Castle UCS and the Carousel. I still regret missing out on the original carousel, I think I could have purchased that for around $100 when LEGO actually had deals in there store.

I picked up the Friends Central Perk set this morning when the LEGO store opened.  There were three other people buying it as well.  They might have a hit on their hands.

I picked up the Friends Central Perk set this morning when the LEGO store opened. There were three other people buying it as well. They might have a hit on their hands.
I'm waiting six weeks for it to be 20-30% off at Walmart.

I did want to check to see if Bricks and Pieces had any of the parts but LEGO is wrecking, I mean 'updating' the service.

Some overlapping promotions on LEGO S@H right now. If you get the Dragon Boat Race for $49.99, you get both the Year of the Pig promo and the Newbury Juice Bar promo. Not bad. If you get your order up to $65, you also get the Valentine's Bee Brickheadz set as well.

Some overlapping promotions on LEGO S@H right now. If you get the Dragon Boat Race for $49.99, you get both the Year of the Pig promo and the Newbury Juice Bar promo. Not bad. If you get your order up to $65, you also get the Valentine's Bee Brickheadz set as well.
I was afraid the set would sell out and bought it the first weekend. So stupid as I clearly should have waited.

Buy it again and return the second set unopened with the first set's shipping slip.
I was thinking that but I have no idea where the shipping slip is two months later.

I ended up ordering a second one. The pig and the Hidden set freebie was just too much to ignore. I also used 500 points to get the VIP LEGO Store set.

However I noticed that they redid Pick-a-Brick and Bricks and Pieces are still down. So is ordering with a credit card... Idiots at LEGO. I feel sorry for the CSA who have to put up with all the crazy bullshit LEGO does. You can't order the overpriced by 20%+ LEGO from LEGO with a credit card because they felt the need to change their website instead of fixing it.

I ordered one too just for the freebies.  Don't really have any interest in the boat set so I'll either Ebay it or let the boy exchange it for the new Overwatch set in October.

I ordered one too just for the freebies. Don't really have any interest in the boat set so I'll either Ebay it or let the boy exchange it for the new Overwatch set in October.
When you checked out did you pay with a credit card? I couldn't and it seems to be a widespread issue. I ended up Paypaling it.

I'm having a hard time getting excited about new stuff anymore.  I think I may be entering the dark age.  It's tough when you don't have room to display them and the sealed boxes are a closet full.

Not to mention bins upon bins of loose unsorted Lego.

bread's done
Back