LEGO Deals 3

So this is a real thing...

LEGO-xtra-Road-Tape-754048-2.jpg

There is also a river tape to go with your road tape. Road tape that wouldn't fit a single modern LEGO vehicle.

I was going to order it but couldn't do it, I'll wait for double vip points, it didn't help that you needed to order two $17 motors either.

The box is for a new system so maybe the new engines suck and you need two? Or they are using one to open the door? Giving LEGO $250 isn't enough, they need more money.
I was hoping jangs video was going to shed some light into that but it never did,

I didn’t realize you had to buy the motors separately. That’s shitty.

I’ll still get it though because I’m weak 😂

Don't forget about the battery box or the $50 hub lego wants you to get, the app controlled Batmobile has one, I think it was on sale at Best Buy, not sure if it still is, I think it was going for around $70. May have been a Christmas thing since the site doesn't represent that price but still unsure about an in store clearance price which doesn't help either. >_<

I bought the last (?) Hulkbuster at Christmas just because it was $12 on Amazon. Never built it.

I was hopeful with the Avengers' Tower would be decent. The last one was fine and just needed to be taller. That's a mess of a set. Did LEGO fire all the designers to save money?
The new Hulkbuster doesn't actually look that bad, except for the head which is pretty bad. But it also doesn't really look like a Hulkbuster. Decent mech, but that head is kind of embarrassing.

The new tower is taller by two floors and has an Avengers logo built out of bricks, which I kind of like. But it also looks much simpler in design overall. It's both bigger and more underwhelming.

Decent mech, but that head is kind of embarrassing.

The new tower is taller by two floors and has an Avengers logo built out of bricks, which I kind of like. But it also looks much simpler in design overall. It's both bigger and more underwhelming.
LEGO makes 100 mechs a year, the head is the main part of the set and it's REALLY bad. How much you want to bet that they went with the flat piece to use a sticker over a print?

The tower needs a better slope, it seems off in the newer one. The A is really nice. Maybe it will be okay, but $90 is a lot. $100 got you Doctor Strange and Spiderman's apartments, or half a bridge. Someone pointed out that the normal one is $90 for 800ish pieces and the 4+ one is $60 for 200ish pieces. That's fully insane.

Don't forget about the battery box or the $50 hub lego wants you to get, the app controlled Batmobile has one, I think it was on sale at Best Buy, not sure if it still is, I think it was going for around $70. May have been a Christmas thing since the site doesn't represent that price but still unsure about an in store clearance price which doesn't help either. >_<
I paid $70 for mine (plus promos) on 11/23/19. I want to say it was as low as $50 at one point.

There is a new free gift with $85 purchase starting June 1st. It's a remake of the classic 1995 Model Team hot rod set. It also comes with two minifigures.
49933948226_b9b7ab58f9_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't seen that hot rod before. I like the original. The freebie isn't bad. It's way better than that Trolls polybag I got earlier in the month.

Not my cup of tea, but it's definitely the best free non-holiday set I've seen in years.
I dunno, they've done a couple very cool Star Wars freebies. Death Star this month, and Hoth last year.

The last City space shuttle LEGO made 5-6 years ago went for $146+shipping the other day on eBay. I got one for $64 at Walmart. It was a $120 for 550 pieces, it was insane.  Like right now 25%+ of the work force is unemployed with no hope of every finding a decent paying job again, yet LEGO is selling at insane rates. At what point is LEGO no longer a hobby or a toy? We used to come here and make fun of silly shit or question what LEGO is doing. But clearly they know their market doesn't give a fuck about what's going on around them, they know a select few just want LEGO no matter the cost.

The last City space shuttle LEGO made 5-6 years ago went for $146+shipping the other day on eBay. I got one for $64 at Walmart. It was a $120 for 550 pieces, it was insane. Like right now 25%+ of the work force is unemployed with no hope of every finding a decent paying job again, yet LEGO is selling at insane rates. At what point is LEGO no longer a hobby or a toy? We used to come here and make fun of silly shit or question what LEGO is doing. But clearly they know their market doesn't give a fuck about what's going on around them, they know a select few just want LEGO no matter the cost.
I've been selling a bunch of retro games from my backlog that I have finally accepted I will never get around to playing. I assumed prices would tank for the same reasons you cited above. Instead video games have been selling. I also sold my copy of the Undertale soundtrack on vinyl for what I considered an obscene amount of money. My guess is that there are still people working and they need something to do because they can't go out. My goal is to clear out all my stuff I won't play before economy really goes down the crapper

I've been selling a bunch of retro games from my backlog that I have finally accepted I will never get around to playing. I assumed prices would tank for the same reasons you cited above. Instead video games have been selling. I also sold my copy of the Undertale soundtrack on vinyl for what I considered an obscene amount of money. My guess is that there are still people working and they need something to do because they can't go out. My goal is to clear out all my stuff I won't play before economy really goes down the crapper
That's a good idea. I have a ton of 3DS games I never got around to playing and probably never will. Plus I bought Pokemon Y because a friend / ex told me to try Pokemon. I hated it. Plus a lot easier to ship than LEGO.

The Christmas tree giveaway was really nice as well, was it it last year when LEGO did the anniversary sets too? Those were nice as well.

Yea, I'm not counting the tree and gingerbread houses, the latter paid for a ton of sets.
I started buying the Modulars because of the gingerbread house. I figured if the give-away could more than pay for a set I might as well be buying them. Sadly they ran out of the tree last year, I wouldn't be surprised if they had some more this July.

I was thinking of ordering something to get the beachbuggy promo, but I think I'll wait til June 1. I'll probably add a $4 polybag to make sure I actually get the hot rod promo.

Really? I thought the promo would at least be an exclusive item. That's a new low lol
The smaller promos with $35, now $40 purchase are normally sets Walmart / Target get. I think LEGO had a Friends flower that was a Target poly. Pretty sure the beach buggy was released in January in certain areas. (I never live in those areas.)

I did the same thing last summer. I sadly came to the realization that I would most likely never play a lot of old games again. Especially with a lot of them available for download on the newest systems. I had a lot of NES, SNES, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS, Gamecube, GBA and DS games, accessories, etc. I was pleasantly surprised that I all of it sold for $4K on eBay. Obviously, I took a hit from eBay, PayPal and shipping fees, but I still got over $3K for stuff that was just sitting around in boxes. Next, I need to sell the actual consoles themselves.

Next, I'm going to do the same with some of the Lego sets I've lost interest in over time. My mom also had a lot of Lego sets from the 90's that she bought for random gifts and never actually gave them away.

I used to love those 90s space sets. But I only had the really small sets. I've thought about purchasing them before, but thought better of it, considering how much Lego I have now.

6862_brickset.jpg

I used to love those 90s space sets. But I only had the really small sets. I've thought about purchasing them before, but thought better of it, considering how much Lego I have now.
Same here. I had a ton of those space sets growing up. Like an idiot, I just dumped everything into a big bin after high school since I "outgrew" Legos and all my other toys. Got rid of all my Transformers too since I didn't want them. So stupid. That being said, I'll have to take a picture of the sets my mom has in storage. Lots of random sets from older themes.

I think Lego has a huge untapped market if they decide to bring back the Space and Castle theme. Nexo Knights was too futuristic, but had some really cool designs.

Well, I really liked the $30ish plane from Nexo Knights, and even said that I would have loved this when I was 10. Bought at least one as a gift.

I'm not sure if they brought stuff like that back, I'd buy them. I don't have the imagination I used to as a kid, and would rather have accurate displays.

Went to a store that opened for in store shopping today.  Spent a bit more than I should have.  Only GWP they had was the Dots Mini Frame from March. 

I called the Ontario Mills store and they told me that they haven't received any shipments since March.
Which is why I think it's stupid to even open the stores back up. But LEGO cultists keep going 'But they might have stock that S@H doesn't have', like the stores have a warehouse in the back.

I have no patience for that stupidity.

I made a spreadsheet of a bunch of extra minifigures I have, a few polybags too. If anyone would like to see it please shoot me a pm

Yeah I'm trying to figure out what set it is. Those registers don't even have money in them when the store is functioning. (I hate self check out.)

Clearly when the USA finally falls apart and there is nothing left of it besides a pile of trash, the only thing of value will be LEGOs. LEGO sets will replace money because the price of LEGO is still continuing to climb as the country has fallen into martial law and chaos. 

So don't judge me for taking a LEGO set! I mean that wasn't me. (Who loot's one LEGO set?) That photo has to be fake because the box doesn't look right.

What I find funny is that it's a single set and not a very big one.  So many questions. Why just the one set?   Is it a set he's had his eye on for some time and just couldn't scrape $50 together to buy?  Was it the only set on the shelf?  Was it a gift for someone else or for a younger sibling?  

We need answers!

What I find funny is that it's a single set and not a very big one. So many questions. Why just the one set? Is it a set he's had his eye on for some time and just couldn't scrape $50 together to buy? Was it the only set on the shelf? Was it a gift for someone else or for a younger sibling?

We need answers!
But doesn't that say a lot about America if he couldn't afford a smaller set? Like the media is so pissy people steal some junk yet won't report on the 12 trillion dollars that the big banks and corporations looted from us just this year.

That size box now-a-days is $80. ;)

bread's done
Back