LEGO Deals 3

LEGO-DC-Comics-Batman-Classic-TV-Series-Batmobile-76188-3.jpg

Damn is that a fine Joker but where the hell is Robin and that Batman looks terrible.

LEGO-DC-Comics-Batman-Classic-TV-Series-Batmobile-76188-3.jpg

Damn is that a fine Joker but where the hell is Robin and that Batman looks terrible.
Pretty accurate to the show ... not a huge fan of that era, but the Cesar Romero joker is pretty slick. Never really liked that batmobile ... wish LEGO released the mini GWP batmobile from a few years ago.

adam_west_batman.jpg

It's Batman's legs. LEGO printing is shit. They should have been dual molded for a crisp, clean look. More so if LEGO is going to cheap and not include Robin.

True ... I got an Ancient Warrior minifigure from Series 21 the other day and I was blown away by the level of printing ... side leg, arm printing, even printing on the crotch area. Seemed impressively detailed compared to some of the other minifigs I’ve seen in standard sets.

No one told me the one Monkey Kid set I wanted was actually sold on LEGO.com

30341-1.jpg

That's a $5 set with dual molded legs and side printing. 60s Batman couldn't have that? Give me a break LEGO.

Yea, I got one too. The City one looks horrible. The Pirates one isn't bad. Castle is nice. But Space is what I grew up with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we talk about how none of the VIP rewards are the actual thing that the company sells? How are there never any sets up for redemption - the mini VIP store hasn't been in stock for eons/isn't even listed anymore. I do the Marvel VIP thing too, and same problem. A company that built an empire on physical comic books doesn't offer any physical comic books for its VIPs to obtain.

Seems like the rewards change ever 4 months or so, but they go fast and don’t often restock. Still miles better than the Nintendo Rewards store.

In other news ... I think I’m digging the LEGO Venom bust more than the Carnage bust. The eyes are a bit more acceptable for Venom vs Carnage that usually has much larger eyes. Also digging the coloration of the mouth. Seems like Carnage was sort of a variant and after thought after the Venom model was built.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/venom-76187?CMP=AFC-AffiliateUS-TnL5HPStwNw-2116208-115554-1

Can we talk about how none of the VIP rewards are the actual thing that the company sells? How are there never any sets up for redemption - the mini VIP store hasn't been in stock for eons/isn't even listed anymore. I do the Marvel VIP thing too, and same problem. A company that built an empire on physical comic books doesn't offer any physical comic books for its VIPs to obtain.
I agree 100%. I was going to get more of the great VIP LEGO Store and that went OOS, then the fountain went OOS. Why not just make another big brick, like last year was teal, before that was red. Do a yellow one. No need to design anything new.

They were going to make this probe for the shuttle but it got delayed.

LEGO-Ulysses-Space-Probe-VIP.jpeg

Speaking of LEGO fuck ups, the Looney Tunes figures...

LEGO-Looney-Tunes-Collectible-Minifigures.jpg

Since when did Porky Pig have a girlfriend?

That Road Runner is probably the worst license figure LEGO has ever made.

Wasn’t her name petunia?!? You’re making me think too hard.
Th-th-th-that's her name.

Looking at pics of the checklist and I have to say the stinker in the bunch is Tweety for me.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

$6 each? I thought $5 was rediculous.

Maybe this was at an overpriced retailer, but still. No way.

When Lego went to $4 each, I got choosy and stopped the gotta catch 'em all vibe.

When Lego went to $5 each, I just stopped altogether.

They're nice to look at, but that's all, folks.

This set isn't for me, but no Elmer Fudd or Yosemite Sam? They omit the two characters that might look the least ridiculous as minifigs from the first series in favor of Petunia, who I can't recall having ever actually seen in a cartoon but knew her name, and Lola Bunny who didn't exist until Space Jam?

This set isn't for me, but no Elmer Fudd or Yosemite Sam? They omit the two characters that might look the least ridiculous as minifigs from the first series in favor of Petunia, who I can't recall having ever actually seen in a cartoon but knew her name, and Lola Bunny who didn't exist until Space Jam?
New Space Jam movie is right around the corner, hence Lola Bunny.

$6 each? I thought $5 was rediculous.

Maybe this was at an overpriced retailer, but still. No way.

When Lego went to $4 each, I got choosy and stopped the gotta catch 'em all vibe.

When Lego went to $5 each, I just stopped altogether.

They're nice to look at, but that's all, folks.
Same. $4 and I'd be at the store tonight buying some. $6? fuck that noise. Guess I won't own any of them.

I haven’t ever paid attention to other blind bag suckatash until recently. “Oh those mini brands are kind of cute. Oh and they’re $7. GTFO.”

I dropped out of the minifig game at $5 except for the rare “gotta have it” but $6 is dead to me. I know I’m a fossil and Lego will charge whatever people are willing to pay, but I remember the days when you could buy a poly bag with a $5 bill and still have change left over for a chocolate milk and a moon pie.

They are still $5. The person bought them from an independent store, not a LEGO shop. I have a toy store in town. that charges $7-8.

The next series is Marvel and comes out in August,

In for the Marvel series depending on the characters ... wish they would finally do a Star Wars series. I know I’ve said it before, but I might be tempted to buy a full box.

In for the Marvel series depending on the characters ... wish they would finally do a Star Wars series. I know I’ve said it before, but I might be tempted to buy a full box.
If you are a Marvel fan there is supposed to be a Marvel Advent Calendar too. FIVE of them this year.

The Advent Calendars always look cool but it’s super dependent on the included mini figures. Some years they look cool, others they just don’t do it for me. The builds always seem kind of meh. It would be awesome if they created at calendar that included more substantial builds or had smaller builds that combined into one large build or scene at the end ... but that’s probably asking too much from an advent calendar.

The Advent Calendars always look cool but it’s super dependent on the included mini figures. Some years they look cool, others they just don’t do it for me. The builds always seem kind of meh. It would be awesome if they created at calendar that included more substantial builds or had smaller builds that combined into one large build or scene at the end ... but that’s probably asking too much from an advent calendar.
This past year's Harry Potter set was pretty good in that respect. The builds all centered around the Yule Ball scene and created a neat little scene.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I would follow something like r/legodeal on Reddit and activate notifications. That’s how I found out about the Space coin going up early.

Tangent/mini rant ... has anyone else noticed that LEGO has recently started embracing some really anti-consumer friendly policies lately. For example, if you buy something from LEGO.com over $250, you can only ship it back to them and cannot return it at a LEGO store. If you buy something under that amount you can return it at a LEGO store, but only for credit regardless of how you paid. And if you have a receipt and want to put return credit towards a more expensive set, they deduct the price of any GWP items, even if you’re spending a few hundred dollars more because the set you really wanted came back in stock.

They’ve gone from one of the most generous return policies to being borderline retail nazis ... it’s questionable when you have to ship a product back for an actual refund when their brick and mortar stores can clearly accommodate refunds. Very questionable imo ...

Don't forget about their restocking fee for returning items over $500 I think.  I guess those big sets are too heavy to carry 20 feet to the back room, so they have to charge you 10%.

Not really a deal but the Mos Eisley cantina is in stock on Amazon.

Also if minifigures are your thing - the DVD and blu ray movies with exclusive figures have been bouncing between 9 and 15 bucks the last 2 weeks on Amazon. Finally got a shazam for under 10 bucks.

I'm probably just going to sell my coins, since I missed the Space one but got the other 3.  It will forever bother me I could not complete the set otherwise.

Though I had to fight with customer service to even get the pirate one since apparently the minifigure limits on the website are LIFETIME until the limit is lifted, not per order.  So I had previously placed an order for a few minifigs.  Then when the pirate coin came out did another and used my coin code.  It cancelled my order but also killed the code so I could not reuse it.  Took a while for the customer service guy to figure it out.  He also told me cancelled orders count towards the limit too so I apparently can never buy the stupid Vidyo figures from the website now as the other they cancelled had whatever the limit on the random ones was, 5 I think.

I was all ready to put in a large order on the 1st for several things, including the shuttle but once I saw the coin was dead already I decided against it.   

I had no idea LEGO had minifigure limits ... that seems oddly low. It’s beginning to seem like LEGO enjoys dicking it’s customers around with all the chase figures and random exclusives. I remember meeting the head of LEGO customer relations for America or something back in ... 2008 or 9 ... guy seemed like a poor man’s Josh Gad. Just kind of a dick ... LEGO is a weird company.

^What I don't get is the minifigure limit is 16, or was for years, not like you would get 16 different ones. So you can't even order a full set.

I bet the Bionicle reboot designers, three nice guys, and a lovely Danish woman whose job I don't remember but I kept running into her in NYC.

I'm probably just going to sell my coins, since I missed the Space one but got the other 3. It will forever bother me I could not complete the set otherwise.

Though I had to fight with customer service to even get the pirate one since apparently the minifigure limits on the website are LIFETIME until the limit is lifted, not per order. So I had previously placed an order for a few minifigs. Then when the pirate coin came out did another and used my coin code. It cancelled my order but also killed the code so I could not reuse it. Took a while for the customer service guy to figure it out. He also told me cancelled orders count towards the limit too so I apparently can never buy the stupid Vidyo figures from the website now as the other they cancelled had whatever the limit on the random ones was, 5 I think.

I was all ready to put in a large order on the 1st for several things, including the shuttle but once I saw the coin was dead already I decided against it.
Yeah I had the same issue. I bought three of a $13 3-4 minifigure pack that was on sale. Then I bought three more and they canceled the order because the lifetime limit was 5 because I forgot how many I bought. What really gets me is the lifetime limits on the DOTS series is 3, like isn't the whole point of the series is to get a bunch? I can buy 100 from Target.

Why not just cancel the idem and not the whole order?

I saw the flower bouquet in a Target and the elf Christmas set at another store.

I’ve recently fallen down the dark hole of action figure collecting and while I’ve been toy hunting, I’ve been noticing Lego is doing a lot better with keeping stock on shelves than other companies. Especially in Walmarts

Yeah, my Target had a bunch of larger sets out yesterday, including the Elf Clubhouse which was funny to see.  I missed it when it came out, so I might have to grab it in the near future.

I saw the flower bouquet in a Target and the elf Christmas set at another store.

I’ve recently fallen down the dark hole of action figure collecting and while I’ve been toy hunting, I’ve been noticing Lego is doing a lot better with keeping stock on shelves than other companies. Especially in Walmarts
Seems like every toy section I’ve been to lately, be it Target, Walmart, or Best Buy, is completely devastated right now. Not sure if it’s the economy, the canal, the pandemic, scalpers, or just other factors but things look pretty universally bleak in toy aisles. I’ve found that ordering online is really the only way to guarantee any certainty on collectible toys. I try to avoid buying Star Wars or Marvel Legends stuff, but all of that is almost impossible to find on shelves these days.

I’ve found that ordering online is really the only way to guarantee any certainty on collectible toys. I try to avoid buying Star Wars or Marvel Legends stuff, but all of that is almost impossible to find on shelves these days.
I was also oblivious until recently to what’s going on in the world of Pokémon and sports cards. People camping out at Targets for the chance to get a couple packs Friday morning. People essentially gambling thousands on aftermarket hobby boxes to get a rare sparkly card. If I’m gonna throw thousands of dollars at collectibles, I’ll stick with a row of lego dollhouses

bread's done
Back