LEGO Deals 3

Rumour is this is the free gift if you buy the shoe. Everyone on Earth likes it more than the real set. :)

60019_40485.jpg

Thanks for the deals guys. Was able to get a couple snowspeeders for under 20 bucks with my circle and red card. Bummed I just bought the thanos for full price but I can survive a 3 dollar hit lol.. Not enough Amazon points for a ship in a bottle but that's okay.

My Walmart has moved many things in my store to 25 percent off so keep an eye out. I got a ghost rider set for $15 the other day.

My Walmart has moved many things in my store to 25 percent off so keep an eye out. I got a ghost rider set for $15 the other day.
Walmarts around here have done a lot of rollback pricing but it's all 20% off. Ghost Rider is $16. Is your store using the solid yellow clearance tags on the the shelves?

There was a blend of clearance sticker items that were 25+ percent off and others that were the 20 percent rollback. I was lucky enough to get some clearance lego dvds with minifigures as well.

LEGO has double points today on random sets. One is Story of Nian. If you spend $5.01 more you also get a free mini swinging ship thing.

The next LEGO Idea set has been picked, no Gravity Falls set. It's a MOTORIZED lighthouse, so another super expensive Ideas set.

Damn, I enjoy lighthouse sets … wonder if it will scale with the fishing store … if it’s minifigure scale I might have to grab it. Hopefully it won’t be 😜

Edit - looked it up, seems micro-scale … but still looks pretty damn cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess no Gravity Falls set saves me money in the long run
Lighthouse looks cool but I doubt I’ll get it
I am a casual sneaker head and do like adidas but the large size shoe just looks off, I do like the little GWP set though, will probably just buy that on the secondary market if I can find a good deal on it

Yep, would have been in on Gravity Falls in a heartbeat...Lighthouse, notsomuch.

Looking at that round, the Record Store/Car Wash is badass. The Avatar one was pretty interesting.

I guess no Gravity Falls set saves me money in the long run
Lighthouse looks cool but I doubt I’ll get it
I am a casual sneaker head and do like adidas but the large size shoe just looks off, I do like the little GWP set though, will probably just buy that on the secondary market if I can find a good deal on it
I love how we are all Gravity Falls fans. Good taste everyone! :)

You might be better off just buying the shoe with the mini shoe (if it's a freebie) and just selling the big one off when it's out of stock.

Massachusetts is looking to have a tax free August and September!

You don't need to buy the show to get the mini shoe.

From Brickset.

40486 Mini Adidas Originals Superstar will be a gift with purchase at LEGO.com from the 1st to the 25th of July when you spend in excess of $85 / €95 / £95. You will not need to buy 10282 Adidas Originals Superstar, and in fact doing so alone will not meet the threshold.

The 92-piece set builds a 9cm long shoe and also comes with a minifigure.

They are supposed to announce the results of a sports related Ideas set.... which they already announced as a fooseball table... so I don't know.

How did the reviewer not get that the mini figure is clearly dressed as a shoebox???

The box for the freebie is super cool. Need to remember to order this one

How did the reviewer not get that the mini figure is clearly dressed as a shoebox???

The box for the freebie is super cool. Need to remember to order this one
I never read Brickset reviews, they are awful... looking at you fucking Pride set review.

Remember you just need to spend $85 on anything you like, Not just the $80 shoe. Or just spend $30 on ebay. It's probably already on ebay. I'm going to check.

In weird Disney / LEGO news the Slave 1 is no longer called the Slave 1. It's Boba Fett's Starship.

Disney was the one that didn't want to use the 'Slave 1' name anymore. No problems with paying their employees slave wages thought. I'm not a huge Star Wars fan but is there a Slave 2?

July Freebies via The Brick Fan...

June 1 – December 31: Free LEGO Blue Minifigure Keychain (854090) when you sign up for LEGO VIP.

July 1-14: – Free LEGO adidas Originals Superstar (40486) with purchases of $85 or momre, while supplies last. It seems that the runtime has changed because we were told that it was originally July 1-25.

July 12-18: – Free LEGO Charles Dickens Tribute (40410) with purchases of $150 or more, while supplies last. This is the same set as last year’s VIP Black Friday promo item.

July 16 – July 25: – Choose from Free LEGO Friends Emma’s Magical Box (30414) or LEGO City Skater (30568) with purchases of $40 or more, while supplies last.

$130. 1,600 pieces.  October 1st. Can preorder it today.
None of the dark red will match and the windscreen will be milky. 
10290-1.jpg

What do you mean none of the dark red will match and the windscreen will be milky?

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
LEGO since making dark red a color has never matched. In the last 20-25 years they haven't fixed it. I have a boat that has 8x16 plates and the dark red is 4 noticeably different colors. That's an issue they have always had and the pictures are doctored to not show you that.

The milkiness I haven't experienced yet but LEGO changed the plastic of the trans window pieces 1-3 years ago and in doing so they scratch easier and sometimes have a milkiness to it. That's probably not as big of an issue as the dark red. However I wanted to point it out.

Not usually a big LEGO vehicle fan, but I like that truck … appreciate the seasonal variants that can be displayed with it.

Some of the Marvel sets are interesting. Kind of like the Thor set, but it might also wear out it’s welcome after building once. The Doctor Strange set seems like it needs a lot of context from the upcoming film to make it worthwhile. That $20 spider-man set is a cool new outfit, don’t like the drone but I do need a Vulture figure for my Daily Bugle 🤔

Anyone jump on the bricklink stuff today? The only one I was interested in sold out quick.
Shit. I completely forgot about that. Guess it doesn't matter because yet again it was a typical LEGO shitshow. Why allow people to buy FIVE of a set when only 3,000 are being made? So 600 people can get richer by selling them on eBay? You can't even buy 5 of normal sets on LEGO.com. fucking stupid.

bread's done
Back