LEGO Deals 3

I really like this GWP. I hope it's a $5 set at Target in the future. It would be my first Mario set.
LEGO-Super-Mario-30509-Yellow-Yoshis-Fruit-Tree-Expansion-Set-Summer-August-2022-GWP-Promo-Offer-768x544.jpg
Hopefully they don’t make it hard to get like the Monty mole set.

Last edited by a moderator:
A pile of pieces now qualifies as a Pirate set? If you told 10 year me this back in the 90s, I would have laughed my ass off at you.
Lego refers to it as an add on pack. They had accessory packs in the 90s and they were great.

It might be a VIP points promo and not a GWP type of deal. Wish Lego didn't stop the monthly calendar.

Wish Lego didn't stop the monthly calendar.
I do too and I give LEGO a bunch of shit, but the supply chain issues being one of the reasons they stopped does make sense. A few GWP have had dates shifted a little. Hopefully they bring back a digital version.

selling some sets, all are NIB with the exception of UCS Slave I

The TS and IM I am selling as lots only

PM with any questions

Star Wars
75155 Rebel U-wing Fighter - $200
75060 Slave I - $385 (no box; all minifigures and instructions included)

Disney Toy Story 4 lot - $75
10767 Duke Caboom's Stunt Show
10769 RV Vacation

Marvel Iron Man lot - $215
76007 Malibu Mansion Attack (minor box wear)
76029 Iron Man vs Ultron (minor box wear)
76125 Hall of Armor
76167 Armory

Harry Potter lot - $450 (preference to sell as lot, will consider breaking up if buying multiples
30628 Monster Book of Monsters
75947 Hagrid's Hut Buckbeaks Rescue
75948 Hogwarts Clock Tower
75952 Newt's Case of Magical Creatures
75958 Beauxbaton's Carriage Arrival at Hogwarts
75968 4 Privet Drive
75979 Hedwig
75981 Advent Calendar (2020)

If you can somehow spend 3 VIP points, I'd be mildly impressed
I have 10,014 points. No idea how I got the 4, but whatever. Call LEGO up and ask to get 80085.

If you take a 10 second survey asking if you are social or not you get 50 VIP points.

My Costco finally got some new Lego sets in. Typical 20% off: 76402 Dumbledore's Office ($64), 41703 Friends Tree House ($64), 41713 Friends Olivia Space Academy ($56), 71772 Ninjago Crystal King ($56). 

One thing of note is that Ninjago set's discount is based on the original $70 price, so the $56 price is 30% below the current $80 RRP. 

As is tradition, Friends has the best value IMO, with the 1,114-piece Tree House. 

There was also a combo set with 76217 I am Groot and 76216 Iron Man Armory for $100. It's a decent deal only because the armory RRP is a ridiculous $90.

The Pirate bag GWP is now live. Spend $50. So now the Castle has a gift. :lol:

There are articles stating LEGO needed to increase the prices because inflation. I don't need 10,000 words to explain why that's bullshit.

If it were inflation it would have been on all sets across the board. Inflation doesn't make the Creator Pirate ship $120 and the Castle stay at $100. That's not how inflation works.

Others are claiming it's because Russia invaded Ukraine. The war has been going on since the USA backed the far right wing Nazis in Ukraine in 2014. Even if we were to pretend that the war started at the end of February, these price increases were already being rumoured.

It's greed. Anyone saying the price increases aren't greed is a braindead cultist.

Saw a leak in a fb group, apparently there is a collectors edition hogwarts express coming out at the end of the month. 5100 pcs and $499.99

My wife took these in her last trip.[attachment=37169:2F6C1B5D-F245-40CD-AACC-4B4E13A9387F.jpeg][attachment=37170:3FF94069-D529-4AFD-9F8F-ABB4221BEF3A.jpeg][attachment=37171:4ACB2595-A5B8-4178-86DE-8E52D721718B.jpeg][attachment=37172:C6B4220A-4E8D-472D-A31C-C714633E1783.jpeg][attachment=37173:F9AD6BE9-54DE-4FB5-9FA9-E2BA05068C3F.jpeg][attachment=37174:DB3B4D1A-D0D1-4B21-AD71-99EDE1DD54F0.jpeg]

Saw a leak in a fb group, apparently there is a collectors edition hogwarts express coming out at the end of the month. 5100 pcs and $499.99
[attachment=37175:16A72F44-1993-4D79-94A5-85BF3ABE702C.jpeg][attachment=37176:862B5015-2BC9-4FBB-B47F-988F5DFE6617.jpeg][attachment=37177:77637629-9378-4D12-941F-6CF80A81A3B6.jpeg]

That's $500?!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I don't know what the old price would have been but damn. I was picturing more than one car and a MUCH longer station platform. I'm a massive train fan (love real life trails don't have room for LEGO trains) and damn is that a huge disappointment. 

Even at half off I'd just get the smaller version that was $60 for awhile. 

Looks like it is too big to run on normal track since the box shows 12-wide custom track. I would rather it be smaller (and cheaper) and actually be a working train, but Harry Potter trains just don’t do that.

I’m disappointed but I’m not the target audience, so I’m curious what the HP fans think.

I have seen the current train for $64 on clearance in Walmart this week

My Sanctum from Target is delayed until August 23rd. Target sent an email saying I needed to give the ok on the delay. 

My Sanctum from Target is delayed until August 23rd. Target sent an email saying I needed to give the ok on the delay.
Be careful with that, Target loves to do this thing where they send you a delay message and if you miss clicking the ok (they resend every two weeks or so) then they cancel it and their support team will tell you that the system shows you cancelled the order. You have to click it every time a new notification comes in or it automatically cancels 😑

I figure
Be careful with that, Target loves to do this thing where they send you a delay message and if you miss clicking the ok (they resend every two weeks or so) then they cancel it and their support team will tell you that the system shows you cancelled the order. You have to click it every time a new notification comes in or it automatically cancels
I figured it's why I wanted others here to know. Also the okay button is replaced with the cancel button so if you clicked it twice you can accidentally cancel it. Really bad system.

Still better than anything Lego.com uses.

"Realistic movement

Pull the lever to make the mesmerizing motion of a steam train"

So it really doesn't run? LOL
You want a running train? That be $1000 please.

But seriously, it's too wide to run on LEGO track. It's why I think it's such a weird thing. I was picturing the set like the Disney Train. The train, a couple cars and a junk of the platform.

This is a $500 model. It's like the LEGO NES, it's now $270. Just buy a damn Switch, it's cheaper. I don't get who the market for this is.

That train is massive … I was initially interested until I saw how much shelf space it takes up. Cool set, but too pricey and I can barely fit the castle in my open space … looks like the train is a cool but unrealistic addition to the collection at this point.

I love how Lego products are gettting killed in reviews since the price hike.  Let's see how long people can keep it up.

BB has Muppets for $4.

Target updated their in store prices to reflect the increases.

Walmart has an exclusive mini castle set with purchase. You have to upload your receipt to this site to get it: https://www.lego90offer.com/

80146_castle.jpg
Also in the fine print it said there are only 12500 of them.

Walmart.com has the Blacksmith for $150 still, plus $15 in Honey cashback. Plus this castle thing.

My order from July 31 finally arrived yesterday. Put together the mini haunted mansion last night, yes the little pieces make it a tedious build but it’s a cute final product
Also got the speed champions chargers and Aston Martin, will probably build this weekend

Under the category of "I never thought it would happen to me," TWO copies of the Lion Knight's Castle arrived yesterday. I only ordered the one, and at least so far they only charged me once.

Ethical dilemma time this weekend.

Not really.

You return it, two weeks later you get an invoice for a set you no longer possess to return.  There are a hundred ways this comes back to screw you, so just sit on it and wait.

Yeah. If you have the room for one, you have the room for two. Build one and just leave the other on in the box because you never know.

bread's done
Back