LEGO Deals 3

For unopened sets, I have 2 at the moment... The TIE Fighter and Sith Infiltrator I just bought. I recently just got back into Lego though. I have 1/3 of the Diagon Alley set built.

I'm not really the reseller type, but I'm tempted to take a chance on the TIE Fighters and Sith Infiltrator. My Kmart had 4 TIE Fighters left and 2 Infiltrators. I figure if I could unload them for like $50 each I'd be making near 100% profit.

None of the LotR/Hobbit stuff is marked down though. Actually, the only two Hobbit sets they seem to sell are Unexpected Gathering and the Goblin King set. As for older sets, I'm pretty sure I missed the Dino set with the pterodactyl in it, and the other two Forbidden Forest sets were also gone when I was there yesterday.

I'd love a mining truck for $15. That's an awesome price. I really just don't feel like going to the KMart near me that has LEGOs. It's in a bleh section of town I don't like going to except to visit a friend who I just visited a few days back. They couldn't have done this sale last week. :lol:

If any CAGs wouldn't mind picking up a Sith Infiltrator for me, I would immensely appreciate it. I'm paypal ready and a serious buyer. Please PM me if you'd like to help out. Thanks!

Just got back form K-Mart, and I picked up

2X Set 9492 Star Wars Tie Fighter
Set 7956 Star Wars Ewok Attack
Set 5885 Dino Triceratops Trapper
Set 5884 Dino Raptor Chase
Set 4434 City Tipper Truck

[quote name='cassidyarch']Sith Infiltrator for $26, Mining Truck for $15, and, wait for it, Spongebob Heroes of the Deep for $5 at my Kmart. They had restocked with more copies of old LOTR/Hobbit sets--nothing on clearance though.[/QUOTE]

This. You guys got me all exited with the Helms Deep talk. Kmart has failed me since those $30 Queen Annes.

I plan on making a trip to Kmart tonight. Would love to get a Tie Fighter and some Dino sets. Really, i'd be happy with anything on clearance :lol:

I decided to start making a dent in my LEGO backlog, so I built..... wait for it...

A $7 set and a $3 dollar set lol.

I put together the Monster Fighter Swamp Creature set. This is a really neat set, and one of my more favorite ones of late. I don't know what it is about those moonstones, but i've got to get more of the monster fighters.

I also put together the MTT Star Wars polybag.
I'm really getting into the collecting aspects of LEGO and expanding from my MOC building.

Hope to score some more for my collection tonight!

[quote name='skiizim']Here is most of my backlog of Lego lol.., The boxes on the right are empty the ones on the and the PDP ones are MK Fight Sticks.

[/QUOTE]

Quick heads up, don't bother heading to either of the Anaheim K-mart's. The only thing they had was a duplo cupcake set. Everything else was gone.

[quote name='SSchmidt']I plan on making a trip to Kmart tonight. Would love to get a Tie Fighter and some Dino sets. Really, i'd be happy with anything on clearance :lol:

I decided to start making a dent in my LEGO backlog, so I built..... wait for it...

A $7 set and a $3 dollar set lol.

I put together the Monster Fighter Swamp Creature set. This is a really neat set, and one of my more favorite ones of late. I don't know what it is about those moonstones, but i've got to get more of the monster fighters.

I also put together the MTT Star Wars polybag.
I'm really getting into the collecting aspects of LEGO and expanding from my MOC building.

Hope to score some more for my collection tonight![/QUOTE]

I've been debating on the Swamp Creature for a while. I never see the sets that small go on sale ever, and I really like the moonstones from Monster Fighters as well. Right now I just have the Werewolf and Mummy sets from that line, but there are a lot of Vampyre Castles and Ghost Trains nearby I could get my hands on if I really wanted them bad enough.

For Series 9, does anyone have the girl with the bow and arrow and shield they'd be willing to give up? I have been having no luck finding that mini-fig, although only one store near here has actually had Series 9 in stock.

Picked up the Mining Truck, Tie Fighter, Heavy Lift Helicopter, and 2x of the Forest firefighter jeeps. No Helms Deep in sight, again. :cry:

Also had the big 400ish piece Police surveillance truck, Green Lantern build-a-figure, and a few different Hero Factory sets on clearance. Had 4 Ties total, and I was really tempted to buy 2 but do I really need 3 of them?

Can someone let me know where are the Lego sets that are on clearance keep in the Kmart store?
Are they in the normal Lego section or a different place?
Thanks

There's usually a clearance aisle in toys. I've found Lego sets there but also in the regular Lego section. Oftentimes they have a yellow clearance price tag but not always. It pays to scan sets you might think are cheaper.

Hit two Kmart within the last 24 hours and haven't found anything. THe local resellers probably beat me to anything that was out there

Found some great scores at Kmart.

I got the Tie Fighter for around $22.xx.
Was very surprised to also find the retired DINO Triceratops Trapper. I paid $21.xx for it :lol:
Easily my favorite buy of the night.

I was stoked about that score.

They also had the series Star Wars planets for $4.
I got the Naboo Fighter, Tie Interceptor, and Sebulbas Podracer. They were all $4.

They had the Pirates of the Caribbean Cannibal Escape for $11.xx.
I also got the Mobile Police Unit for $22.xx.

The sort and store tray was around $15.xx. I think. I'll have to look at my receipt.

Overall I was very happy with my finds.
The wonderful thing about living in the backwaters of nowhere (eastern KY) is that you don't have any competition ANYWHERE for these awesome prices!

Found a Raptor Chase, Tie Fighter, Mining Truck and a Crazy Scientist on clearance today at Kmart. Saw an Alien Conquest Mothership too, but passed on it. Is that set a fun one?

Saw a Helm's Deep at one Kmart, and almost peed my pants thinking I had scored. Unfortunately it scanned at full price. :(

Has anyone seen Weathertop on clearance at Kmart? Just curious if I should watch for that one.

After playing Lego Lord of the Rings, does anyone else agree with me they should make an Isengard set? I would buy the crap out of that.

I have the TIE Advanced Anniversary set from a few years back and I'm kind of tempted to pick up another TIE Fighter, mount a shelf on my wall, and set it up with the TIE Advanced in the middle and the TIE Fighters flanking it.

My KMart cleared out of the planets when they did a B1G1 50% just before Christmas on Lego Star Wars stuff.

Hit up Walmart tonight and noticed that my Walmart was selling the Star Wars AT-RT, Creator Power Mech, and Ninjago Warrior Bike for $17 each. The Chima Lennox lion ATV thing was at $20, and the Ninjago Golden Dragon was $25. Unfortunately there was still no sign of Series 9 in that store anywhere, which is what I went looking for in the first place.

Really pissed... I swung by wal-mart today and they had two of the goblin king sets at 50% off... I would have bought but my damn budget got super tight this week -_-

I want them so bad too :(

[quote name='tilcfast']Found a Raptor Chase, Tie Fighter, Mining Truck and a Crazy Scientist on clearance today at Kmart. Saw an Alien Conquest Mothership too, but passed on it. Is that set a fun one?

Saw a Helm's Deep at one Kmart, and almost peed my pants thinking I had scored. Unfortunately it scanned at full price. :(

Has anyone seen Weathertop on clearance at Kmart? Just curious if I should watch for that one.

After playing Lego Lord of the Rings, does anyone else agree with me they should make an Isengard set? I would buy the crap out of that.[/QUOTE]

Was the Crazy Scientist marked as clearance, or in another section? It seems like my KMART has it, but not marked as clearance. Really want that set but refuse to pay the outlandish MSRP on it!

I got the AC Mothership on Ebay last year for around $30. It's a good set, but it deserves way more than 2 1/2 minifigs. The AC Commander is arguably my favorite minifig of all time, and the set is really cool, just is missing another fig or two IMO.

As far as Isengard goes, we know we will have the Wizard Battle set that takes place at Orthanc. I think an Isengard set would be cool, but I think Pelenor fields and Minas Tirith are the most warranted ;)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Really pissed... I swung by wal-mart today and they had two of the goblin king sets at 50% off... I would have bought but my damn budget got super tight this week -_-

I want them so bad too :([/QUOTE]

Crap man I should loan you the money with paypal and you pick the other one up for me.

[quote name='SSchmidt']Was the Crazy Scientist marked as clearance, or in another section? It seems like my KMART has it, but not marked as clearance. Really want that set but refuse to pay the outlandish MSRP on it!

[/QUOTE]

The Crazy Scientist set was marked clearance, but only at one of the Kmarts I went to. They had 2 on the shelf, but the box was crushed prettybad on one so I grabbed the other one.

[quote name='mikepeluso']Crap man I should loan you the money with paypal and you pick the other one up for me.[/QUOTE]

If my tax return comes in before they get bought I can get the second one for you

Hey gang. I am in Palo Alto/San Jose, CA area this week. The nearest couple of KMarts are 15-30 minutes away, and I don't want to drive out if they aren't doing the 50% off clearance. Does anyone know?

Also don't want to go if they are already cleared out.

[quote name='mikepeluso']Crap man I should loan you the money with paypal and you pick the other one up for me.[/QUOTE]

Your in so cal right, do you ever make it out towards the Inland Empire?

Ugh, can't believe I wasn't paying attention when the K-Mart clearance started. Stopped by one this morning, found a lone $30 Ghost Train, which I grabbed. Found some other toys for my kid, so it wasn't a total loss.

[quote name='donniedroc']Hey gang. I am in Palo Alto/San Jose, CA area this week. The nearest couple of KMarts are 15-30 minutes away, and I don't want to drive out if they aren't doing the 50% off clearance. Does anyone know?

Also don't want to go if they are already cleared out.[/QUOTE]

The 50% off clearance should be store wide. The only thing that is YMMV is what sets are on clearance. There seem to be some common ones like the Tie Fighter that are at most stores, but others are varied. Some have found the Helms Deep set on clearance while my Kmarts have them still at full price.

I think it's worth the trip to see what's there, but I enjoy the hunt.

The only problem with clearance on my end, most of the stuff I wanted got wiped out during Christmas or never got put on clearance.

I don't bother with Kmart clearance anymore. Dealers now are in my area scooping all sets. My Kmarts typically have low stock. Not worth the hassle.

[quote name='fuerza']So the wife wants me to set up a build area and get more organized or she's cutting the lego budget for my son and I.

What are you guys doing in terms of build-space, part storage and display?[/QUOTE]My brother and I put the Creator Lighthouse together recently (he built, I, being the OCD person I am, organized all the pieces by color/part and handed him each piece he called out). And as it was coming together, I had a thought of just how I would like to display the nicer Creator buildings.

I would very much like to redo my kitchen in the next three years or so, and as a little girl, I dreamed of having a Strawberry Shortcake kitchen... decorated with the old Strawberry Shortcake dolls I loved and grew up with in the 80s. They would be placed atop the cabinets. (Cabinets which go to the ceiling are great if you're tight on space, but I am not. And with a bad back, me trying to climb up to grab something from way up high would be absurd. So I will not have cabinets going up to the ceiling, as chic as they may be.)

As much as part of me would still love to see a kitchen with the dolls in their pretty boxes, I think the scale would be off. They'd be too small. But the great Creator Lego series, with their grand emporium and such... those could work. And they too are bright and striking. There's even a faux brick backsplash (light colored) at ikea that i'm pretty much certain is the backsplash i'll be going with- in the abstract sense, they could tie in with the Lego bricks.

Don't make fun, it looks good in my imagination.

[quote name='skiizim']Your in so cal right, do you ever make it out towards the Inland Empire?[/QUOTE]

No that's my problem, I never leave the San Fernando Valley because I have an eye condition that doesn't make it fun to drive far so I almost never find anything I want on clearance at my local stores.I can't believe when some of you guys find these sets so cheap.
In my dreams I keep hoping I could find someone to pick me up an extra of some these sets when there so cheap.

Any tools or tips for checking Walmart stock? I really want that 30230 Galaxy Squad poly but I rarely find polybags in my local stores.

I see that it's already popped up on ebay for a mere $10. XD

Shopko has a coupon addcolor10 to save $10 on $50, you might be able to mix it with a $5 new costumer coupon, and free shipping over $75. Plus there is a bogo50%, worth a look.

If you use the $10 coupon and go below the $75 you get charged $12 for shipping. So stupid. However with the bogo50% you can get the $20 City trucks for $15 and buy several and it's a good deal.

You can get two LEGO Galaxy Squad Vermin Vaporizer for $81.50 shipped before tax, and use the coupon and add something $5+ more and pretty much get it free and still have free shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got one last Friends ice cream stand poly last night at Target. It wasn't rining up so the lady just punched it up for 50 cents
This morning I stopped at Walmart and picked up a Headhunter poly for $3.97. They also had the Gandalf polys that TRU had a couple months ago​

[quote name='Broseph']Any tools or tips for checking Walmart stock? I really want that 30230 Galaxy Squad poly but I rarely find polybags in my local stores.

I see that it's already popped up on ebay for a mere $10. XD[/QUOTE]

If you could get an item number that would help.

[quote name='El Rey']
Got one last Friends ice cream stand poly last night at Target. It wasn't rining up so the lady just punched it up for 50 cents
This morning I stopped at Walmart and picked up a Headhunter poly for $3.97. They also had the Gandalf polys that TRU had a couple months ago​
[/QUOTE]

I was just there yesterday and didn't see anything.

Thanks to whoever posted about 5 below. I picked up the Hogwarts Express for $5. They also had the HP trolley poly and the Urukhai poly for $4 each.

[quote name='encendido5']Thanks to whoever posted about 5 below. I picked up the Hogwarts Express for $5. They also had the HP trolley poly and the Urukhai poly for $4 each.[/QUOTE]

Where was the Urukhai poly $4 ?????

bread's done
Back