LEGO Deals 3

Disney Mini-figure series will be 18 figures and a rather interesting list.

• Oswald the funny rabbit
  • Pinocchio with printed fish bowl
  • Jiminy Cricket with Parasol
  • Magician Mickey with bucket and mop
  • Princess Tiana with printed 2×3 tile
  • dr Facilier with printed 1×2 tile and walking stick
  • queen of hearts
  • Princess Aurora with owl
  • Mulan with Cri-Kee on printed stone
  • Ernesto de la Cruz with guitar
  • Miguel with guitar and dog Dante
  • Pocahontas with 1×1 round tile with compass print
  • Cruella de Vil with Dalmatian
  • Robin Hood with bow
  • Prince John with bag
  • Stitch with four arms and ray guns
  • Baymax with red hoverboard
  • Evil Queen with Magic Mirror

Last edited by a moderator:
New Disney?!
Awesome! What a fun list.
100th Birthday so Disney is going all out. At least one new 4+ Disney theme with minifigures and supposedly other Disney sets with figures instead of Minidolls.

Lego Dots is ending, or getting folded into other themes. So no more 110 little tiles for $4.

However reading the comments is always an experience.

"I was really keen on buying these sets, until I realized how many extra unused parts would be leftover, and I’m not interested in creating plastic waste. It’s also why I prefer art sets like The Great Wave to mosaic sets."

This guy just throws out his extra pieces?!

TBH, I thought Dots was already cancelled....but maybe I just mixed it up with Vidiyo in my head
Vidiyo was announced and canceled on about the same day. :lol:

DOTS is still around. The last sets coming out in March will have Harry Potter tiles if that's your thing.

April 1st we are supposed to get some of the 4+ Disney sets like the Up house and a Disney train. From promobricks...

In addition to Mickey and Minnie Mouse, the LEGO 43212 Disney Birthday Train will also include Toy Story's Woody, Peter Pan, Tinker Bell and Moiana minifigures.
So 40 Euro and 200 pieces but 6 figures.

Also in case anyone really didn't think Indiana Jone return would happen. This is from a German catalog. Comes out April at this store, or June for all the other stores in Deutschland.

Man I really want to step completely away from LEGO with everything that’s happened but damnit those Disney minifigures and sets are really trying to bring me back

Man I really want to step completely away from LEGO with everything that’s happened but damnit those Disney minifigures and sets are really trying to bring me back
Stick to LEGO, fuck Funko, just cut back. Like only do the minifigures and keep them in your house.

If you have a meijer near you, they have a bunch of sets on clearance. I was just in for a quick snatch and grab of cat food but wanted to see if they had something instock and noticed the signs. I believe they were 50% off

There goes customer service.
They are offering everyone who works there now relocation money. But that's insane because Enfield costs $500 to live and Boston costs $50000. I don't get the point at all. If anything move costumer service to Richmond where the plant is going to be and it has to be cheaper than Boston. It's a weird move, but now they will raise prices even more to pay for the Boston rent and salaries.

They are offering everyone who works there now relocation money. But that's insane because Enfield costs $500 to live and Boston costs $50000. I don't get the point at all. If anything move costumer service to Richmond where the plant is going to be and it has to be cheaper than Boston. It's a weird move, but now they will raise prices even more to pay for the Boston rent and salaries.
Looked at how far it is from each other, it’s only 90 miles. Still kind of of perplexed as to why but I’m sure it’s money talking.

Looked at how far it is from each other, it’s only 90 miles. Still kind of of perplexed as to why but I’m sure it’s money talking.
Yeah I'm from like 15 miles north of Enfield. Traffic is a bitch though Enfield to Boston so commuting isn't really possible.

The median price in Enfield for a house is $250k to $270k. Like $150 per square foot. Boston average is $800k and $760 per foot. The move makes zero sense to me. Who is LEGO trying to get? It's office is mostly costumer service now anyways. There will be offices in the plant in Virginia.

My dad worked in Wilbraham MA (again 15 miles north) and shortly before he died 20 years ago was offered a job interview in Boston for like 10% more money than he was already getting. He said no on the spot because it wasn't even close to being enough money. The company seemed surprised he wouldn't even come in for an interview and talk about salary. An extra $500-$750 a month to live in Boston wasn't worth wasting his time.

Lego.com pick-a-brick has finally started adding pieces again in the past week. I got some of the shields from the $400 castle.  They also have the new German shepherd puppy if you're into that sort of thing. I usually only go for animals or printed pieces because they are almost always cheaper than Bricklink, plus free shipping and they usually count toward GWPs (despite disclaimers). Added a minifig pack to get the rabbit shipped while the PAB takes a month. I think I got that idea from BigD

Lego.com pick-a-brick has finally started adding pieces again in the past week. I got some of the shields from the $400 castle. They also have the new German shepherd puppy if you're into that sort of thing. I usually only go for animals or printed pieces because they are almost always cheaper than Bricklink, plus free shipping and they usually count toward GWPs (despite disclaimers). Added a minifig pack to get the rabbit shipped while the PAB takes a month. I think I got that idea from BigD
Yeah aways make sure to add something in stock to get the freebie at all or at least sooner. My last Bricks order took two months. I placed one last week and they charged me like $1.70 too much, I forgot I need to email them.

Also some local professor, who isn't Richard Wolf so he's probably wrong, take on the LEGO move.

Western Mass News spoke with Western New England University Management Professor Thomas Woodside about the move. He told us there has been a shift in the business model over the past few years.

“This is a shift that happened in the 1970s and 1980s when companies went from cities to suburbs. Now, it’s reversing itself. It’s going to suburbs to cities and it’s because of the war on talent,” Woodside said.

The move to the new office will happen in phases, starting in 2025 and ending in 2026. All LEGO employees based in Enfield will have a position in the new Boston location and will receive relocation assistance. LEGO cited their goal to attract and retain talent as their reason for moving to a bigger city. However, Woodside believes they will lose a sense of culture as many current employees won’t be able to make that move.

“It takes a while to determine whether or not it will even work because what you lose many times is the culture. A lot of people, who have families, are in Enfield, CT, are not going to be able to move to Boston for a variety of reasons,” Woodside noted.

In addition, the company will now be forced to compete for employees with other major companies in Boston. We have confirmed with LEGO that many employees who work in Enfield are from western Massachusetts, so there will be a local impact.

“What you’re losing is, again, the impact on the community you’re in, the ties, and bonds the company has had in the community,” Woodside said.

LEGO also said employees who choose not to make the move will also be offered assistance in finding new opportunities outside the company.

In a very odd move LEGO is moving from Enfield CT to Boston in 2026.
Probably Boston had tax incentives and Enfield said no (at least to matching those). Lego executives don't care about employees. Another reason is that it's a good way to cut the workforce without having to lay people off. On the flip side if you say no, what other jobs are there in Enfield? Is it a sizeable place?

Probably Boston had tax incentives and Enfield said no (at least to matching those). Lego executives don't care about employees. Another reason is that it's a good way to cut the workforce without having to lay people off. On the flip side if you say no, what other jobs are there in Enfield? Is it a sizeable place?
No. I don't think I ever stopped in Enfield, it's a drive through town. However they can get jobs in Hartford working for insurance companies. Does LEGO think they can hire a bunch of people in Boston for the same pay as Enfield? That the tax brakes LEGO might get in Boston would be offset by paying people more. Of course it came out that McDonalds spends millions making sure no one unionizes so there is probably some accountant who figured LEGO can save 5 cents a year moving to Boston.

Even my scumbag high school classmate, now MA state rep, made a comment. Don't vote for him when he runs for president and he will in about 15-20 years.

https://www.ctpublic.org/news/2023-01-27/western-massachusetts-lawmaker-expresses-concern-over-lego-departure-from-connecticut

How did you get so many? I thought all those packs had a limit o 5.
LEGOland New York, I contacted customer service and asked if I could make a bulk order. Paid full price and shipping but I at least I got more than 5.

LEGOland New York, I contacted customer service and asked if I could make a bulk order. Paid full price and shipping but I at least I got more than 5.
Smart! Full price sucks, but it's better than paying eBay prices to get the army you want.

No. I don't think I ever stopped in Enfield, it's a drive through town. However they can get jobs in Hartford working for insurance companies. Does LEGO think they can hire a bunch of people in Boston for the same pay as Enfield? That the tax brakes LEGO might get in Boston would be offset by paying people more. Of course it came out that McDonalds spends millions making sure no one unionizes so there is probably some accountant who figured LEGO can save 5 cents a year moving to Boston.

Even my scumbag high school classmate, now MA state rep, made a comment. Don't vote for him when he runs for president and he will in about 15-20 years.

https://www.ctpublic.org/news/2023-01-27/western-massachusetts-lawmaker-expresses-concern-over-lego-departure-from-connecticut
No, Lego doesn't. The point may be they want less employees than they currently have. The link isn't working, but I'd love to read more about scumbag former classmates.

That's weird. I used that link thinking it wouldn't have paywalls.

He's just a normal political scumbag. He was planning on being president since he was 15-16. To me anyone who does that, and stands for NOTHING, is a scumbag.

My favorite is he wants ACCESS to healthcare. Doesn't want healthcare for everyone, but he wants better access to it. I have access to healthcare, it's called a trip to Canada. I also have access to a 25 million dollar home and a private jet, if I break into an empty house and steal a plane.

A Massachusetts state senator said toymaker LEGO, which is moving its headquarters and more than 700 jobs from Enfield, Connecticut, to Boston will have a negative impact on its district.

On Tuesday, LEGO announced the move, which is planned for 2026. The head office is just a few kilometers from the state border. State Senator Jake Oliveira, D-Ludlow, represents some cities in northern Massachusetts. He said bad economic news in one state affects the other.

“This Massachusetts-Northern Connecticut relationship is so powerful for our economy that any impact of taking jobs out of Northern Connecticut and moving them to the Boston area will have a serious impact on residents of our region,” he said.

Oliveira said LEGO’s move was a “wake-up call” for some lawmakers who failed to realize how closely intertwined the economies of the two states are along the state line.

“Many of my colleagues in the eastern part of the state have reached out to me and said, ‘We didn’t know Enfield, Connecticut, was so close to the Massachusetts border. We thought it was in Fairfield County. ‘”

Oliveira continued that this is also a quality of life issue for many Lego workers, which he has heard from some. Employees living in western Massachusetts are in a difficult position as they have to move to the more expensive Boston area to keep their jobs. The company pays relocation expenses for workers moving east and has pledged to help those who don’t.

In a press release about the move, Skip Kodak, president of the LEGO Group in America, said: “Boston is recognized as one of the best cities in the world for attracting and retaining talent. This, combined with its world-class academic facilities, skilled workforce and great quality of life, makes it an ideal location for our US headquarters.” He continued, “We have exciting plans for the next phase of growth and hope to expand many of our current ones keep teams and recruit new colleagues.”

According to the press release, Lego has been based in Enfield since 1975 and also previously had a factory and warehouse there, but currently only the offices are there.

The move to Boston is scheduled to begin in mid-2025 and be completed by the end of 2026.
My grandpa worked at the plastic division of Monsanto and they couldn't even get quality high enough to meet LEGO's needs. Those were the days because the quality now is garbage. My uncle sometimes worked for LEGO, I'm not sure doing what, it's how I got Chrome Darth Vaders. Thankfully he was a contractor so this doesn't effect his job.

From promobricks and Chrome translate. 

LEGO 71799 Ninjago City Markets
  • Set number: 71799
  • Designation:  LEGO Ninjago City Markets
  • Number of parts: 6163
  • MSRP:  $369.99
  • Part Price: $0.06/part
With 6163 LEGO pieces, this set has 478 pieces more than Ninjago City Gardens. So we could also expect a few more minifigures. A market in particular is visited by many and it can be very colorful and turbulent. Given the enormous number of parts, we also think it is very likely that the set, like the gardens, will come with more than just a 32 × 32 stud base plate. We cannot say whether the set will then be associated with a comeback of the LEGO Ninjago Legacy series.

Same people that bought the other $300+ Ninjago sets? I mean, they seem to be selling alright so I’m guessing that’s why we keep seeing new ones. I’m no Ninjago fan but they do seem like some cool sets.

If I had the money when City and Dock's were retiring I'd buy Gardens. Now I'd probably buy the knockoffs.

I think City and Dock's didn't sell as well as Lego hoped so they took a break and then Gardens sold well enough that even after $50 price hike they think they can get $370 for the new one.

After building the Daily Bugle I'd rather spend $350 on Gardens.

Plus who would spend $800 on a Falcon or an ATAT? None of us can talk.

Daily bugle is kind of plain but as a sky scraper I see a lot of potential in Mocs.
The build is just bad. It also has the flaw of the designers never actually building the set in real life. I didn't pay $350 for it but if I could have gotten NinjaGo Garden or Daily Bugle for $225, I would have went Gardens.

I'm currently building Dr. Strange's house and it again is not worth the price. At least the NinjaGo City sets seem to be worth it.

How many adults are fans of Ninjago versus Star Wars?
I would buy all the NinjaGo City Modulars before I would buy any of the $800+ Star Wars sets.

However being I was $8000 in debt and had nothing to show for it when City and Docks retired I'd probably just buy the knockoffs now.

Some new VIP Rewards with actual LEGOs.

World of Wonders 2700 points. 

Birthday 2100

Two Duplo sets 300 / 500

Now there are three metal keychains.

If you do a survey you get 50 points.

Also some local professor, who isn't Richard Wolf so he's probably wrong, take on the LEGO move.
I'm a professional urban/community planner and the gist of the argument he makes about relocation back to cities and competition for talent is 100% correct. Offices no longer want to be in suburban locations and cannot afford to be there - they want to be in city cores and areas accessed by heavy and light rail transit lines - preferably no further than 1/4 mile from the stations. I work in a massive county just outside D.C. and this is one of our biggest challenges - our office vacancy is increasing and it's becoming much harder to attract new tenants because the businesses would rather be in dense urban places. They don't care about the costs of living.

It's much harder here than in Boston because we have the added impact of huge numbers of Federal employees and the Feds are sticking with significant telework, so the whole region is suffering because we can't occupy physical space. D.C. spent 20 years recovering to become a vibrant city and it's been gutted by telework - the daytime population in center city is devastated and the ripples are closing restaurants and services catering to daytime employees.

Offices no longer want to be in suburban locations and cannot afford to be there - they want to be in city cores and areas accessed by heavy and light rail transit lines
You don't explain why. The Enfield jobs are mostly call center jobs, they already have a nice place worked out, the offices are. Why can't LEGO afford to be there? You also go on to say cities have been gutted because of telework... so why does it matter if the office is in a city or not.

You clearly never been to Boston if you think they have a decent transportation network. Rochester NY has a better bus system then Boston has a transportation system.

I'm always happy to dunk on the T, like how the entire Orange Line had to shut down for a month last summer for safety repairs, but it really was amazing having a system like that even as dilapidated as it is.

bread's done
Back