LEGO Deals 3

Yesterday I picked up set 4204 The Mine at Target for $50. It was in the clearance end cap. Its not a bad set, and today I picked up two of set 4200 Mining 4X4 to add to the set

Brickset has reported a website that has the NinjaGo 2014 set numbers and unofficial names....

LEGO 70720 - Air Breaks (Hover Hunter)
LEGO 70721 - Kai fighter (Fighter Kai)
LEGO 70722 - OverBorg attack (OverBorg Attack)
LEGO 70723 - Thunder offensive (Thunder Raider)
LEGO 70724 - NinjaCopter (NinjaCopter)
LEGO 70725 - Nindroid mechanical dragon (Nindroid MechDragon)
LEGO 70726 - Destroyers (Destructoid)

A fucking mech dragon...
Win!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']where's the cheapest place to get weathertop? I can finish my fellowship once I get it.[/QUOTE]

Some Targets have it for $17.98 each on clearance (70% off)

[quote name='karkyco']Some Targets have it for $17.98 each on clearance (70% off)[/QUOTE]

I've neer seen a clearance Lego at my Target, but I live in a high traffic area :(

I'll keep my eyes peeled

Target will be clearancing the rest of their Lord of the Rings sets (but probably not the Hobbit sets) within a few weeks for the summer clearance. My local store is smaller and only has a couple of the smaller sets left. But I've noticed that two Super Targets still have all the LOTR sets including Helm's Deep on the shelves. As soon as the summer clearance starts I plan on making a road trip to hit a couple of stores. You probably aren't going to find stuff anywhere near 70% as most stores use a 15-30-50% off schedule and sets disappear at 30% off.

Walmart will run some summer clearance too if their pattern holds up and they seem to jump straight to 30%-50% off on the first drop. They've been my "goto" store for Lego clearance lately...don't have the time for Target, and I've been fustrated with Kmart not putting anything on clearance dispite seeing people get all kinds of stuff on other message boards.

If you really want Weathertop, I would suggest getting it sooner than later. I don't see it ever being reissued as there are only Hobbit movies coming out and no more LOTR.

Can anyone scoop up two weathertop sets from their local Target for me? If the clearance price $17 I'm definitely down for that. They are still full priced at my store and it's the only LoTR set we have stacks of.

I really want LOTR just to go away, I've been pretty good on not buying any sets. As much as I think they are cool, I buy way too much and don't really need them to begin with.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']Can anyone scoop up two weathertop sets from their local Target for me? If the clearance price $17 I'm definitely down for that. They are still full priced at my store and it's the only LoTR set we have stacks of.[/QUOTE]

Do you have a way to get to Long Island? if you do I'll look in my Target this week for you.

[quote name='mickeyp']Do you have a way to get to Long Island? if you do I'll look in my Target this week for you.[/QUOTE]

Tito is from Queens, you guys are pretty close.

[quote name='180husher']Target will be clearancing the rest of their Lord of the Rings sets (but probably not the Hobbit sets) within a few weeks for the summer clearance. My local store is smaller and only has a couple of the smaller sets left. But I've noticed that two Super Targets still have all the LOTR sets including Helm's Deep on the shelves. As soon as the summer clearance starts I plan on making a road trip to hit a couple of stores. You probably aren't going to find stuff anywhere near 70% as most stores use a 15-30-50% off schedule and sets disappear at 30% off.

Walmart will run some summer clearance too if their pattern holds up and they seem to jump straight to 30%-50% off on the first drop. They've been my "goto" store for Lego clearance lately...don't have the time for Target, and I've been fustrated with Kmart not putting anything on clearance dispite seeing people get all kinds of stuff on other message boards.

If you really want Weathertop, I would suggest getting it sooner than later. I don't see it ever being reissued as there are only Hobbit movies coming out and no more LOTR.[/QUOTE]

Cool will do. When dies the summer clearance usually take place? I might make a small trip tomorrow

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Cool will do. When dies the summer clearance usually take place? I might make a small trip tomorrow[/QUOTE]

It's already started in some Targets, it's usually the first few weeks of June.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']I hope we hear the results of the Cuusoo Portal project soon. Rumor has it that the Back to the Future set will be available in August.[/QUOTE]

Cuusoo is such a disaster, takes forever for them to do anything. It's been around probably two years now and we have gotten one non Japanese set.

Hadn't paid much attention to Cuusoo lately. A BTTF set will be awesome. Hopefully the LEGO master builders can build something a little more intricate than the original designer's. The Doc & Marty minifigs and hoverboard are awesome.

I liked the remote DeLorean that is on the site better.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Cool will do. When dies the summer clearance usually take place? I might make a small trip tomorrow[/QUOTE]

Just check this thread...it will go ape-sh!t in here when it starts!

[quote name='TheHelix']Just built the A Wing today, it's freaking awesome. Love the Ackbar minifig.

IT'S A TRAP BITCHES[/QUOTE]

I hate you. :booty:

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Cool thx for the feedback. I'm making a trip tomorrow while I run errands so ill give it a peek[/QUOTE]

Toy drops are on Thursdays or Fridays, so make sure you check those days.

My Kmart has Helm's Deep for $110. I kind of want the set, but don't really have anywhere to put it.

No clearance popping up near me. Target did clearance on their LotR stuff already, but the resellers got to it. I did get a Weathertop for $41.xx though.

[quote name='mweav067']My Kmart has Helm's Deep for $110. I kind of want the set, but don't really have anywhere to put it.

No clearance popping up near me. Target did clearance on their LotR stuff already, but the resellers got to it. I did get a Weathertop for $41.xx though.[/QUOTE]

Yeesh, you aren't kidding. There were a bunch of Weathertops just sitting at one store at MSRP, and the moment some other locations started clearancing them out at $41.98, they started to move at the full price store. I couldn't wait any longer when I went in the other day and saw only two left. Grabbed them and did a return/rebuy to get them at $17.48 each.

[quote name='karkyco']Yeesh, you aren't kidding. There were a bunch of Weathertops just sitting at one store at MSRP, and the moment some other locations started clearancing them out at $41.98, they started to move at the full price store. I couldn't wait any longer when I went in the other day and saw only two left. Grabbed them and did a return/rebuy to get them at $17.48 each.[/QUOTE]

If you have an unopened weathertop I'll buy it off you and be willing to pay extra as well.

Grabbed a couple Friends sets at Target. They didn't ring up with the B1G50%. Cashier was happy to oblige.

Also grabbed some Series 10 figs(they finally showed up the other day*) they also had to be adjusted for the discount.

* it was also clear someone had gone through them all.

Consider yourself lucky that you got an cashier ignorant of what is actually on sale this week - only City and Galactic Squad sets are on sale this week. Says in the ad, also there was a sign posted in the Lego aisle at the store I was in earlier.

[quote name='Unaki']Speaking of sales, why is TECHNIC never on sale[/QUOTE]

Stores don't carry the sets like they used too, I think TRU is the only B&M store that still has a few, good luck getting clearance sets out of that store.

My god we are doomed as a species.

The number one "news" story of the night locally...

A 5-6 year old got a detention and a bus ticket (what the fuck that is I have no clue) because he brought a fucking LEGO gun on the school bus!

The gun, which I think is a megablok one, is smaller than a quarter.

The whole thing has been dropped, but really, this is what is reported on and people wonder why no one trusts the news/media.

[quote name='strangelove']does anybody want to start a lego trading column? possibly under this, or under the deals that way it stays near this same forum[/QUOTE]

I think there might be already one. If not, I am all for one.

[quote name='strangelove']does anybody want to start a lego trading column? possibly under this, or under the deals that way it stays near this same forum[/QUOTE]

Yeah, was thinking the same thing...

also, if anyone finds a discounted weathertop let me know and I probably wanna buy it unless i find one locally.

Stopped by TRU only because I had time to kill. I wasn't expecting to find anything.

They had some of the new Castle, some of the new Galaxy Squad. And on a shelf they had...the Kingdoms Mill Village Raid ?!? Two of them? WTF.

They had some promo, too, which after confirming with CS was a free Star Wars poly and a carrying case with a base plate. The case is nothing special, but the base plate sold me.

The Mill Village Raid was $79.99, which I figured was probably $10 over MSRP, but since it's not exactly easily available now, not bad. Plus I had Rewards certificates and a $10 gift card from TRU from a survey telling them how they've fucked up the whole Rewards program.

So I got the set and the freebies for $40.

TRU also had the new LOTR ship. Which is in a tiny box. It was only $20 cheaper than Helm's Deep but half the size. The minifigures look great, but this is going to be a hard sell for me.

There are some new sets listed. I wish I collected the winter series, but I'm a little glad I don't with prices like this.

10234 Sydney Opera House €279.99
10235 Winter Village Market $€89.99
10236 Star Wars Ewok Village €249.99$

A $250+ dollar Ewok Village?!

[quote name='WingsDJY']I'm kind of surprised they're doing a large-scale Sydney Opera House. There's already a small scale model in the architecture series.[/QUOTE]

But that set is horrible. :lol:

So the new one will be done correctly, every few years they do a huge building, this year it's the Opera House.

[quote name='bigdaddy']But that set is horrible. :lol:

So the new one will be done correctly, every few years they do a huge building, this year it's the Opera House.[/QUOTE]

What are the previous huge buildings? I've just started getting back into Legos this year (after a 15+ yr hiatus since childhood). I know they have that series of modular downtown buildings and the haunted house. Are there other huge real-life buildings?

[quote name='WingsDJY']What are the previous huge buildings? I've just started getting back into Legos this year (after a 15+ yr hiatus since childhood). I know they have that series of modular downtown buildings and the haunted house. Are there other huge real-life buildings?[/QUOTE]

http://www.brickset.com/browse/themes/?theme=Advanced Models&subtheme=Buildings

There's a Statue of Liberty too, which I would include with those sets.

Just got a postcard in the mail today, for any NJ CAGs there is a Lego store opening in Freehold mall on June 21. The card lets you get a free Hulk Duplo set with any purchase (Duplo, ugh.)

[quote name='WingsDJY']Holy shit! I just checked the prices on Amazon for those. Crazy scalpers.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the only one you can still get is the Tower Bridge. It's been out for a while now so if you want it, you should get it soon.

Looking forward to the next Winter Village set.

Started grabbing those two years ago. I take them apart every year so I can rebuild them with the kids every year. Good way to pass the time when it's too cold to play outside.

bread's done
Back