LEGO Deals 3

TRU had the TMNT kraang laser turret polybag out today. It was only $3.99. I am liking the new $3.99 polybag pricing at TRU. Hopefully it stays that way...

I ended up picking up 2x Hobbit Barrel Escape sets since it's a TRU exclusive and the b1g1 50% off combined with $10 gc coupon should make it much cheaper than buying the sets directly from lego. I did notice that someone finally bought the POTC White Cape Bay set that I've been eyeing. It was $96 before any discounts... Damn TRU pricing.

Last edited by a moderator:
TRU had the TMNT kraang laser turret polybag out today. It was only $3.99. I am liking the new $3.99 polybag pricing at TRU. Hopefully it stays that way...

Have you opened it yet? It's probably the best poly ever. It has 36 pieces with 9 extra pieces. :lol:

Sweet! TRU didn't jack up the Dolphin Cruiser for the sale. Nabbed 2 for $111 after tax, which works out to about $15 off each. Not shabby.

*edit - damn, looks like Amazon dropped it to $56, so I got two for $1 less than Amazon. :lol: Oh well, with TRU I have an easier return option. Also of the last two 'big' LEGO sets from amazon I got(Creator Firehouse, B-Wing), both were opened and the box to one was crushed.

What about Target? 120 day return policy if you have a red card.
TRU has it's extended return policy in place now. All purchases can be returned in store until 1/25/2014.

I regret the day I returned the 3 copies for King's Castle Siege I had bought for $50 each back to Walmart. Luckily I kept 2 of them. I have yet to build a combined castle with them though.
I got 14 of those for $30 when they clearanced them out. I would sell both of them and just buy two of the new castle during a sale. You'll get over $250 each for those.

For some reason Castle sets always increase in value.  The last few are now $250+ sets.  I don't understand why, you can just buy the newest one, it's almost the same as the one before it anyways.

It's like spending $300 on a Police Station, there will always be a new one.

EDIT - That said the Fantasy Castle is still better than all the other ones in the last 15 years, if for no other reason than it has higher walls.

I got 14 of those for $30 when they clearanced them out. I would sell both of them and just buy two of the new castle during a sale. You'll get over $250 each for those.
Holy crap... well, I did open both so they're probably not worth as much anymore. The fantasy castle line is still my favorite too, so I won't be parting with any of those sets. I do have the castle from the Kingdom's line unopened though... hmm

Got the Spider-cycle chase set for $13.59 (-5% redcard too) at Target. Been wanting this set for a while and couldn't resist at this price

My son had bday money and picked up Tumbler vs The Bat for $32 and Spidey Cycle for $15. I am gonna grab the Superman Escape one since they have it for $13.59, they have regular price at $17.99. I may also pick up Goblin King for $54 for his Xmas.

Toysnbricks has some of the 2014 NinjaGo sets, interesting.  I'm still hoping for Pirates as a bad guy at some point.

Scored a BttF set for $28 from AWD!

Went to the LEGO store and bought 14 large and 2 small PAB cups (I know, I know, the pieces were just incredible though. I had never seen a PAB wall that good). I went in planning to buy Orthanc and spent over $215.00 (Before tax) on PAB.

I also got the new Thanksgiving polybag. Anyone else got one yet? It is sweet, there are a lot of great food pieces in it.

Went to the LEGO store and bought 14 large and 2 small PAB cups (I know, I know, the pieces were just incredible though. I had never seen a PAB wall that good). I went in planning to buy Orthanc and spent over $215.00 (Before tax) on PAB.

I also got the new Thanksgiving polybag. Anyone else got one yet? It is sweet, there are a lot of great food pieces in it.
The pab wall at my store sucks. I will have to head up to the lego store by my parents and pick up the Thanksgiving polybag. I want a second pumpkin too.

Anytime have problems with loose minifigs?
The hat and dress for the witch in my Halloween pack are incredibly loose. Same for the ghosts feet block.

The Halloween minifigures are made in China, aka they are crap.

Only half of October is double points, I think the second half???

I really want the "scene" sets and the t-rex ornament but I'm never at the stores and I refuse to pay shipping.  :lol:

AWD has the Coast Guard boat for $57. 30% off.

You are correct.

DOUBLE Points all month
all month – Free Clone Trooper Lieutenant w. SW purchase of $50 or more
Oct 1st – Mini Model Build – Witch
Oct 10th – Fire Safety Week Mini Model Build
Oct 14-31 – Exclusive 1 of 2 Holiday Set with Purchases of $99 or more, 2nd set during Brick Friday Weekend in November
Oct 19th and 26th – LEGO Club Meeting – Star Wars
Oct 31st – Kids get a free Monsters Key Chain for visiting the store dressed in costume
Oct 4-6 Grand Opening of Fashion Place Mall, Murray, Utah store

Good, I wasn't going to spend 30% more on sets just to pick up five minifigures that look like I can buy from PaB online.

The women are ironicly the best ones, then the wizard, but nothing special.

Week 4 is a minifigure case. Similar to those that Lego sold online before. Holds 15 figures(3 rows of 5).

The purchase minimum is $60 this year.
That's better than $75 and the bullshit fact my store isn't putting out the mini figures and hiding newer Polybags.

I'm glad they're meh, too.  I didn't see any of them in my stores last year, and I really don't want to bother with the hassle of going to TRU and attempting to get them.  I hate TRU exclusives. 

Got my Target order today!  Woo!

I also just finished putting together Architecture Fallingwater, which I wasn't going to buy.  I had Amazon credit, though, and I got it off AWD.  I think it's my favorite Architecture, or second next to the Robie House.

Fallingwater, more than any other Architecture set, was fun to build.  None of those irritating 1x1 bricks.  Many clever sections, including sideways building and building interleaved sections that layer in.  It's expensive for its size, but it's also enjoyable.

Amazon.com offers LEGO Architecture Fallingwater (21005) for $74.99 with free shipping.

Linky.

Features: Contains 811 pieces; Manufacturer recommended age: 16 years and up

Found the thanksgiving polybag at my lego store. I have such a weakness for lego food pieces.

The pick a brick wall was also pretty nice. I like filling cups with 1x1 and 1x2 plates and tiles cause I'm too lazy to optimize a cup for bricks. They had plenty of purple and pink and trans light blue that I have some ideas for.

I grabbed the Thanksgiving set too ... after looking at it more closely, I'm not sure I feel good paying more than $5 for it but I guess it has some fun pieces.

Well of course TRU is now doing a 30% off sale on barrel escape after I bought it last week. $31.49 and a free TMNT polybag for spending over $20 on legos. There are 3 other sets for 30% off but they will probably be overpriced still...

Quinjet, GS Vermin Vaporizer and TMNT Baxter Robot Rampage.

Kmart clearance is at 50% off. Picked up Quinjet for $23.50, Attack on Weathertop for $28.50, and a couple of Star Wars sets this morning. 

This is my favorite thread for finding out when a good K-mart clearance starts...and some ok LEGO talk, too :)

bread's done
Back