LEGO Deals 3

Here's what I got the past few days:

From LEGO: Mini Modulars, Winter Bakery, Swamp Creature, 16 S7 Minifigures, and free Winter set. My Mini Modulars box was pretty crushed. Pretty disappointed since it came directly from LEGO. Here is a breakdown of what S7 minifigs I got:
3 Bunny Suit Guy
2 Brides
2 Tennis Player
2 Tarzan
1 Knight, Ocean King, Red Riding Hood, Bagpiper, Viking Woman, Dare Devil, and Geek

From Yoyo.com: Marvel Quinjet for $38. It came in absolutely mint condition and it came quickly. I'll definitely be ordering from them again.

From eBay: Winter Toy Shop. I'm pissed about this one. The box has a couple holes, scratches, creases, and all around wear and tear. None of this was mentioned in the description. I'm hoping to get a partial refund on this.

Stopped at Kmart: Clearance was an extra 50% off but all I found was Green Lantern thing and a Hero Factory. Does anyone know what the blue dots on the shelf tag means? They said 11/27 on them.

[quote name='FadeToOne']FIVE Pirates[/QUOTE]

All I wanna know is, After opening the fifth Pirate - did you yell "ARRRRRRGH!"?

I got my orders from Lego and Walmart too.

From Lego I got:
Winter Cottage
Duplo Pooh's Picnic
Duplo Tigger's Expedition
SW Advent Calendar
1- Series 8 Figure - Businessman
Free Holiday Set
Free Tote Bag

And from Walmart:
Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape
Desert Skiff

The funny thing is the receipt shows $10 for the Loki set and $20 for the Desert Skiff, so I might just return the Skiff and keep the Loki set.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Here's what I got the past few days:

From Yoyo.com: Marvel Quinjet for $38. It came in absolutely mint condition and it came quickly. I'll definitely be ordering from them again.[/QUOTE]

How did you get it for $38? I think it cost me $45 after tax, and it wasn't $38 before that. It did come like next day though, so that was awesome.

[quote name='Broseph']All I wanna know is, After opening the fifth Pirate - did you yell "ARRRRRRGH!"?[/QUOTE]

I don't remember, but I probably did without realizing it.

[quote name='FadeToOne']How did you get it for $38? I think it cost me $45 after tax, and it wasn't $38 before that. It did come like next day though, so that was awesome.
[/QUOTE]

$64 x .60 = $38.

He got it on the sale price.

Next week.

Free Gandalf Poly with Lego board game purchase of $25 or more.

B1G1 40% all Lego storage and accessories.(This sale actually runs into the week of 12/9-12/15 also.)

Free Ninjago Bank with purchase of $60 Lego purchase.

12/9 - 12/15

Free Lego storage case with any Lego purchase of $50 or more.

35% off these sets
City Fire ATV
Duplo Big Bentley
Hero Factory Thornraxx
Duplo Cars Siddeley Saves the Day
Super Heroes Hulk
Her Factory Breez

The Ninja Turtles sets are also shown in the 12/9 ad. No prices and they are not on the website yet to know of any mark ups.

[quote name='el rey']hey prim do you have the item number for the gandalf polybag? Don't see it online yet[/quote]

Brickset has some new Chima sets.

They suck. :lol:

Honestly, why don't we get some buildings? Ninjago had buildings and crazy skellies driving monster trucks.

[quote name='kojubat']My guess is that you can change the princess into pants so she can ride the horse. I hesitate to search the internet for "LEGO side saddle" on my work computer.[/QUOTE]

Just rip off her skirt and have her be legless =P

Hey guys, once more I would recommend going to KMART to check their clearance.

I went back today and picked up two sweet sets.

The Lego Harry Potter Knights Bus was originally 34.99, marked on clearance for 31.00

I took it up to register, and with the 50% off all clearance items it rang up as $15.50
This is one of those sets I just never would have bought because it doesn't really fit in my collection. However it was just TOO CHEAP that I couldn't resist :D

The genonosian Starfighter with Ki-Adi Mundi was originally 29.99.
It was on clearance for 27.00
It scanned with the 50% for 13.50.

I was pretty stoked getting both of these sets for under $30.

I would also remind you that the LOTR Weathertop is currently $10 off, making it 49.99 and the LOTR Uruk Hai Army is $5 off making it $24.99

Nice deals that I was quite happy with.

I'm thinking it should get even cheaper. Those sets are great for *cough* army builders like myself, although Bricklink tends to be INFINITELY cheaper for armies.

Yoyo.com is tricky.

I set up a new account so I could use the 30% off coupon and get the lighthouse. Then I figured for $13 more I can get two bars of soap and the Superman set. Went to check out, everything was fine. Right on the last page the coupon for the lighthouse was removed. I tried changing the address to my grandparents, nope. Sneaky people don't want up abusing their coupons! :lol:

Ya I had a pretty bad first exprience with yoyo.com. Instead of getting the seaside house, they sent me 2 lala loopsy dolls :lol:.

Not sure how great this deal is, but for those in the mid-atlantic Boscov's has advertised 20% off all Lego sets tomorrow (the 1st) from 10 am to 3 pm. Also 10 am to 2 pm is a free lego make & take event where you can build a model and take it home as well as get a free room poster, friends bracelet or friends magazine.

[quote name='El Rey']Picked up a Gandalf polybag[/QUOTE]

Is it the same minifig that comes in the sets? I couldn't see a difference so I didn't buy it the other day.

I'm sure it's been said before, but this year's Amazon Cyber/BF lighting LEGO deals have sucked. For the last three years, I was able to score at least three good 40% off sets. Amazon had a Creator house every year until now. What gives?

I thought for sure we'd see some AC Motherships at least...

[quote name='cassidyarch']I'm sure it's been said before, but this year's Amazon Cyber/BF lighting LEGO deals have sucked. For the last three years, I was able to score at least three good 40% off sets. Amazon had a Creator house every year until now. What gives?

I thought for sure we'd see some AC Motherships at least...[/QUOTE]

The Mothership was about 35-40% ($38-39) for at least a month. AWD had it for $35 for two weeks. Just recently the price went back up to normal.

I've been watching it, it's the last set I needed in the theme.

[quote name='bigdaddy']The Mothership was about 35-40% ($38-39) for at least a month. AWD had it for $35 for two weeks. Just recently the price went back up to normal.

I've been watching it, it's the last set I needed in the theme.[/QUOTE]

If you have a Meijers in your area, they are $39.99 regular price now

[quote name='HELLRAZR_28']But when you buy a minifigure on Brinklink, does it include its weapons?[/QUOTE]

It will say in their caption if they include it or not.

Still, a Uruk-hai for 1.70ish is not too bad (the one with the long hair and no armor).

Throw in one of those pikes for 17cents and you have a soldier for under 2 bucks.

The review of series 9 minifigures...
http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=76075

Honestly that "review" is a joke. I think they get a box from LEGO so they have to say good things. Eurobricks is so far up LEGO's ass, "I think it's great that LEGO listened to us and only gave us two complete series per box". WTF?

This is my problem with LEGO forums, they are either done by children, or by people who think LEGO can't do anything wrong. It's why I just stick to here and Toys and Bricks.

Finding those 6 figures that only have 2 in each box is going to suck.

Parents that buy these by just picking at random are going to be pissed when their kids keep getting Cyclops and the Alien. LEGO needs to keep the CMF as 3 full sets in a box to balance everything.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Finding those 6 figures that only have 2 in each box is going to suck.

Parents that buy these by just picking at random are going to be pissed when their kids keep getting Cyclops and the Alien. LEGO needs to keep the CMF as 3 full sets in a box to balance everything.[/QUOTE]

There will be 3 complete sets per box, just not year.

I have noticed the last 2-3 series that the numbers in the box change over the course of the 4 months they are out. So the ones that have only two will have three or even four in the next batch.

I actually think LEGO does this to screw with people buying the whole box before they can get more boxes out.

[quote name='bigdaddy']The review of series 9 minifigures...
http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=76075

Honestly that "review" is a joke. I think they get a box from LEGO so they have to say good things. Eurobricks is so far up LEGO's ass, "I think it's great that LEGO listened to us and only gave us two complete series per box". WTF?

This is my problem with LEGO forums, they are either done by children, or by people who think LEGO can't do anything wrong. It's why I just stick to here and Toys and Bricks.[/QUOTE]

That site is utter shit anyway. The mods suck and totally harness discussion to a point that it doesn't actually ever get interesting. Their servers also blow as often threads don't even load. In general a real shit show.

[quote name='Peep']That site is utter shit anyway. The mods suck and totally harness discussion to a point that it doesn't actually ever get interesting. Their servers also blow as often threads don't even load. In general a real shit show.[/QUOTE]

I know, I was banned years ago. I was like member 30 to join. It used to be good place to chat because they weren't on LEGO's side, they were on the hobby's side. That changed real when it became a website with hundreds of people. All the mods joined together and if you said anything that was against their power at all, they would warn you.

Huw from Brickset is the same way. Somehow they all think that running a toy site makes them god is beyond me. :lol:

[quote name='bigdaddy']I know, I was banned years ago. I was like member 30 to join. It used to be good place to chat because they weren't on LEGO's side, they were on the hobby's side. That changed real when it became a website with hundreds of people. All the mods joined together and if you said anything that was against their power at all, they would warn you.

Huw from Brickset is the same way. Somehow they all think that running a toy site makes them god is beyond me. :lol:[/QUOTE]

It's too bad it's the go-to site for AFOL's

Whoa, series 9 looks great.

On a related note - the Galaxy Squad polybags shown over at toysnbricks are going to be great for army building. Hope we see those here in the States.

I agree Broseph, I think series 9 looks awesome. I'm definitely picking up a box of these guys. I'm drooling at the knights for army building!

The Heroic Knight is easily my favorite (he's a perfect fit for my MOC's on the book series "the Belgariad" by David Eddings).

But I must confess, apart from the knight, the Chicken Suit guy is the best of the group. Along with the Santa Clause and the Bunny Suit guy, he's right at the cream of the crop of all the series minifigs, IMO.

The Policeman is pretty sweet. I love his hat and detailed torso.
The judge is pretty awesome as well.
The forest maiden has a cool hairpiece.

My least favorite is probably the Hollywood Starlet, although I love the accessory she comes with.

However it did seem very much as if he was trying to suck the intestines out of TLG, because his head is so far up their butt. There is little to no "honest critique" in the review. Plus the poor English makes it almost unreadable.

Ordered a Star Wars advent calendar over the weekend since they were 50% off and my son really wanted one.

Series 9 look great, gonna get a full set of course. They're making up for a lackluster rehash/retooled series 8. Since they are listed for January release we may actually see them at TRU mid month.

[quote name='Peep']It's too bad it's the go-to site for AFOL's[/QUOTE]

I stick with here and Toys and Bricks. They tell me all the sales, when sets are out and new pictures.

Speaking of which you can preorder TMNT sets now, the pricing is just silly.

[quote name='SSchmidt']

The Policeman is pretty sweet. I love his hat and detailed torso.

However it did seem very much as if he was trying to suck the intestines out of TLG, because his head is so far up their butt. There is little to no "honest critique" in the review. Plus the poor English makes it almost unreadable.[/QUOTE]

I think a cop isn't needed, but he does have a cool hat. But that brings me to my point of fact checking by the reviewer...

Furthermore, I don't really recall seeing nice navy blue policemen in LEGO. It is always 'black' uniform.

The best Police uniforms ever, besides this year's cool park ranger ones I still need to get a few of and new year's squad ones, are the ones from World City... which are navy blue. Te World City one only looks slightly less realistic than the new one, but printing back then wasn't as good as it is today.

Like you said the review makes no sense...

We have now heard and seen rumoured news of a potential Series 11 where we have not even seen confirmed images of Series 10. This goes to prove that the LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series will just end in Series 10. All I can do, is to continuing hoping for their continuation of this theme, so more new inspirational potential discoveries may appear through the magical wonders of the LEGO Collectable Minifigure Series theme!

That doesn't even make sense! We have the CGI images of official series 11 mini figures, the pieces were found in some official LEGO database of parts, but because we haven't seen series 10 that means the them is ending? :roll:

Based on the complete new data which I have complied, I have drafted my basic analysis based on my own take. Buying 1 full complete MISB box will allow you to achieve 2 maximum complete unique sets. By far, even with the low possibility of completing an additional complete set, this is actually the best news ever to see such a distribution coming true. It is just like a dream and the entire feeling is as if TLG is listening to our thoughts and taking it into careful consideration.

Yes! Lego making it harder to get a complete set is them listening to us, caring for us, loving us to death. Making it harder to find a complete set is Lego listening to us? That's insane.

Picked up my Wal-mart Site to Store Desert Skiff and LOTR Shelob today. The line was 8 deep and employees were MIA. I was about to swear it off and just have the damned things shipped from now on...

...when I went by the Lego aisle before leaving, just in case. This Wal-mart never has anything good and today it's a little messy. That's when I notice I'm looking at a POTC London Escape. That can't be current.

Price check? $20. I go back and see if there's anything else. Hey, it's a Creator Lighthouse. Also $20. Score.

My local Walmart put out the new Hobbit sets...I didn't know that The Unexpected Gathering is unfinished in the back. I thought it was solid all the way around and opened up like creator Log Cabin. Not so excited for it now.

[quote name='180husher']My local Walmart put out the new Hobbit sets...I didn't know that The Unexpected Gathering is unfinished in the back. I thought it was solid all the way around and opened up like creator Log Cabin. Not so excited for it now.[/QUOTE]

You are expecting way to much. It would be $120 if they did that. :lol:

Got the reindeer minibuild today, also Winter Village Cottage and the 2012 Holiday set

My Star Wars advent calendar arrived and the Star Destroyer came with two left edge pieces

lol... Who ever made the comment on Amazon and Lego deals was spot on, absolute crap. They had a few lightning deals on BF that I couldn't get to (birth of my son) while I was in the hospital.

They have been on a Megablock craze all week long though, my Lego spending surprisingly hasn't been to much this Holiday season, Ewok Attack, Spongebob Bikini Bottom Party & Hoth Echo Base.

[quote name='skiizim']lol... Who ever made the comment on Amazon and Lego deals was spot on, absolute crap. They had a few lightning deals on BF that I couldn't get to (birth of my son) while I was in the hospital.

They have been on a Megablock craze all week long though, my Lego spending surprisingly hasn't been to much this Holiday season, Ewok Attack, Spongebob Bikini Bottom Party & Hoth Echo Base.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more.Last year I bought a bunch of Lego sets from Amazon.On Black Friday
I got the POTC London Escape for $24.99(was $49.99),Cyber Monday I got the Imperial Flagship for $149($179) and in December I picked up Mill Village Raid $49.99($69.99) and King's Carriage Ambush $29($39.99) that were great deals and this year all I have so far is the Star War Desert Skiff $14.99 from Black Friday.

Hey guys, just came across this this mroning. They are lego shaped storage bins, made by a Danish design firm in collaboration with LEGO. They are stackable, and seem pretty nifty:
12623-360x360-1353972818.png

http://fab.com/sale/12623/

They also sell minifig head bins.
Minifig head thermos', small size boxes, and lunchboxes.

bread's done
Back