LEGO Deals 3

Kingdoms Joust is $90 on Amazon. Guess I should've waited, rather than springing for the $103 Like New deal I got from AWD a few weeks ago. Oh well.

Sup fellas .. I was at Target to see if any of the Legos went on sale (Nope!) but manage to pick up some MegaBlok World of Warcraft sets that went on clearance which are the Demolisher Attack ($14) and Deathwing's Stormwind Assault ($30).

Never really bought anything outside Legos until recently in which I bought some Battlefield Kre-O sets which was ridiculous cheap at Walmart.

From what I built so far its not so great, after I assembled one of the two kits today, Demolisher Attack. The blocks are hard to assemble and even harder to take apart. My nephews just flat out gave up on MegaBloks and move back to his Lego and Kre-O sets.

So I would like to know what everyone opinion of MegaBloks sets/bricks? Do the other sets fare any better?

The only other sets from MegaBloks Im looking at is the StarCraft Universe sets that suppose to come out this Spring 2013. But if they are anything like the WoW sets, then I guess I can wait for the clearance sales.

I ordered the skiff, been waiting for a good deal on that one. Couple other sets on sale

28% off - Star Wars Desert Skiff $17.97 (reg. $24.99)
25% off – City Excavator Transport $29.97 (reg. $39.99)
20% off – Architecture Brandenburg Gate $27.97 (reg. $34.99)
20% off – Creator Seaside House $39.97 (reg. $49.99)
20% off – Spongebob Flying Dutchman $19.99 (reg. $24.99)

Personally, I think Megabloks majorly suck when compared to KRE-O and of course Lego. I did buy some clearance Smurf ones just for the minifigs and the bricks hold together like shit. I tossed all the pieces in the trash and only kept the minifigs and accessories. I'm planning on making a decent Smurf mushroom village out of Lego bricks instead.

[quote name='EnronLackey']Sup fellas .. I was at Target to see if any of the Legos went on sale (Nope!) but manage to pick up some MegaBlok World of Warcraft sets that went on clearance which are the Demolisher Attack ($14) and Deathwing's Stormwind Assault ($30).

Never really bought anything outside Legos until recently in which I bought some Battlefield Kre-O sets which was ridiculous cheap at Walmart.

From what I built so far its not so great, after I assembled one of the two kits today, Demolisher Attack. The blocks are hard to assemble and even harder to take apart. My nephews just flat out gave up on MegaBloks and move back to his Lego and Kre-O sets.

So I would like to know what everyone opinion of MegaBloks sets/bricks? Do the other sets fare any better?

The only other sets from MegaBloks Im looking at is the StarCraft Universe sets that suppose to come out this Spring 2013. But if they are anything like the WoW sets, then I guess I can wait for the clearance sales.[/QUOTE]
The only worthwhile megabloks sets are the recent Halo ones. The Xth anniversary warthog is really nice, the Longsword launchpad is decent, and I am currently in the process of building the Forward Unto Dawn which is really neat. (Its built in two halves and both halves connect and are breakable along with a removable roof to display the figures inside.)

[quote name='BingoBrown']Kingdoms Joust is $90 on Amazon. Guess I should've waited, rather than springing for the $103 Like New deal I got from AWD a few weeks ago. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip! I finally broke down and ordered 2 for my collection. Probably won't get much better than 25% off, and may go OOP soon with the next Castle series coming soon.

I have no recent experience with Mega Bloks but my ons had a couple Halo sets from a few years ago and they sucked. Bricks do not hold together well.
I have a couple of Transformers Kreo sets, much better than Mega Bloks but not as good as Lego.

I'm no brick snob, this is CAG afterall, I'd bathe in cheap knockoffs if I could. But apparently, only Lego has actually figured out how to make plastic interlocking blocks that actually, you know, interlock.

[quote name='Zepp-Head']Thanks for the tip! I finally broke down and ordered 2 for my collection. Probably won't get much better than 25% off, and may go OOP soon with the next Castle series coming soon.[/QUOTE]

I would pick up the chess set as well.

[quote name='Unaki']I would pick up the chess set as well.[/QUOTE]

Are the chess sets still available in Lego stores? I kinda forgot about the 2012 version, so I haven't bought it yet. I didn't notice it when I stopped at my Lego store last week, but then I wasn't looking specifically for it. I could always buy from S@H, but then I'd be out $7 for shipping.

Architecture Brandenburg Gate 21011 is now $23 on Amazon.

And AWD has a Kingdoms Carriage Ambush set for $33 and the City Police station for $65, that's 35% off.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Are the chess sets still available in Lego stores? I kinda forgot about the 2012 version, so I haven't bought it yet. I didn't notice it when I stopped at my Lego store last week, but then I wasn't looking specifically for it. I could always buy from S@H, but then I'd be out $7 for shipping.[/QUOTE]

Its still in stock online for the same price as in store and my nearby store has a ton of Joust and Chess available.

I want the Chess set myself, and I'm thinking about just ordering one. The $7 shipping charge is cheaper than gas to get to the nearest Lego Store.

Well today was a major dud. Went to that further away Walmart and they had two Falcons but still full price. They had a TON of Whitecap Bay PotC sets for $54.00. I wasn't that interested in it though. Then I discovered that my week old pair of jeans had split from my back pocket down to my knee. So I grabbed a new pair of jeans at that Walmart and ran over to the nearby Arby's to change and get some lunch. Stopped by the Kmart in the same town and they had nothing. They had an Ultimate Build Lightning Queen but it was still full price.

On the way back hit another Kmart. The Twin Pod Cloud Car set was $7.00 but I already have it. They also had one Ultimate Build Lightning McQueen left. Otherwise nothing.

Go the Walmart to the east of town, and nothing again. They did have this 30 car Hot Wheels set for $60 down from $100 which was kind of cool, but still not worth that much.

Hit the Target on that side of town, and they had nothing on sale or clearance for Lego. They did however have a couple Orc Forges, but at full price. At this point the snow is starting to stick so I decide I'm just going to hit the Kmart by me and grab the Forbidden Forest set.

Get to that Kmart and both Forbidden Forest sets are gone. All the 2013 sets except the TMNT ones were also removed from the Lego aisle.

So I go over to the Walmart two and a half blocks from my house. I find two Falcons... at full price. Run over to the clearance section and they had an Alien Conquest Mothership for $30, and a big Hero Factory Set for $15 (both half price). Not interested in either. They did have a bunch of Ultimate Build Mater sets for $14.50, so I grabbed one for a friend of mine that's a huge Cars fan. They also had the Kreo Optimus Prime for $30 and the little Kreo Mirage set for $5.00. I got that little Mirage set from Kmart for $2.00 a few weeks back.

Basically at this point I accepted defeat for today, ran over to Gamestop to get the Ezio trilogy, and headed home.

I'd love an Alien Conquest set for $30. Living where there are people my walmarts and Targets haven't had any Alien Conquest sets in about a year.

There is a new LEGO Batman: The Movie: DC Unites DVD comes out in May, probably will be 26 minutes long. :roll: Anyways the exclusive minifiure is Kent Clark changing into Superman, it's pretty sweet.

Is that Minifigs for $1 universal at Wal Mart or is it more of a YMMV? there's a Wal Mart less than 5 miles from my house, but I don't really like going in there. It just feels un-clean.

I'm trying to score at least one more of Jabba's Palace, Helm's Deep, Attack on the Weathertop, Hobbit Shire Unexpected Gathering, Wargs, Mines of Moria, the Vampyre Castle, and the Ghost Train at the Target 70% off clearance prices. Everything else I have at least doubles on. I ended up getting another Orc Forge, 3 Uruk-Hai Army, 3 Loki Cosmic Cube Escape, and 3 Gandalf Arrives sets for $10.98, $8.98 each, $5.98 each, and $3.88 each.

[quote name='karkyco']I'm trying to score at least one more of Jabba's Palace, Helm's Deep, Attack on the Weathertop, Hobbit Shire Unexpected Gathering, Wargs, Mines of Moria, the Vampyre Castle, and the Ghost Train at the Target 70% off clearance prices. Everything else I have at least doubles on. I ended up getting another Orc Forge, 3 Uruk-Hai Army, 3 Loki Cosmic Cube Escape, and 3 Gandalf Arrives sets for $10.98, $8.98 each, $5.98 each, and $3.88 each.[/QUOTE]

Why am I not blessed with a Target that actually clearances LEGO?

The Walmart sale has now been applied at Amazon.

And the LEGO Architecture Farnsworth House s now $35 instead of the insanely overpriced $60.

I am hoping to score an Orc Forge but every time I check the target inventory checker for my closest target it shows not in stock. I really do not remember target's online site putting that set on sale.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I'd love an Alien Conquest set for $30. Living where there are people my walmarts and Targets haven't had any Alien Conquest sets in about a year.

There is a new LEGO Batman: The Movie: DC Unites DVD comes out in May, probably will be 26 minutes long. :roll: Anyways the exclusive minifiure is Kent Clark changing into Superman, it's pretty sweet.[/QUOTE]

It was a good deal, I just don't like the Alien Conquest theme that much.

[quote name='bigdaddy']The Walmart sale has now been applied at Amazon.[/quote]

Score. Wasn't going to bother with Walmart, as after tax and shipping it was meh, and I don't have the time for their store pickup anymore.

Now I have to decide if I want it. I only really want the Werewolf. It seems like there are a lot of Lego trees this year...

[quote name='bigdaddy']And the LEGO Architecture Farnsworth House s now $35 instead of the insanely overpriced $60.[/QUOTE]

It's maybe worth $35. I bought it for that on AWD a few months back. I wanted to see if Architecture would be a line for me.

It is a decent set, but I found it a bit underwhelming, especially for the cost. Also, you better like 1x1 bricks. OCD people should probably not bother (unless that's your thing). Great for display, okay for building (too many 1x1s), and not as much detail as the diagrams made me hope for.

[quote name='Unaki']Why am I not blessed with a Target that actually clearances LEGO?[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain. My local Targets hardly have anything on clearance. Maybe next week. :cry:

$10 off any Toy purchase of $19.95+ at Barnes and Noble with your Mastercard

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/print_nav.asp?PID=46238

It is not valid online because LEGO is excluded but they are not excluded in store. I know my store was pretty low since Christmas but they did get some Chima and new Friends in so I'll be trying them today.

EDIT: Picked up the Garbage Truck for $9.75 after coupon and membership. They had a few of 2013 sets available too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found this on SD.

Currently online at Walmart the Monster Fighter Werewolf set is $12.97, off the 24.97 price. I've seen this multiple times for $20 in store, but never felt that it was enough of a deal to hook me. This one is. At $12.97 there are a lot of SWEET pieces and colors in the set.

The Mobile Police Unit is $34.97. While that is not too bad of a discount, its probably more than I am willing to pay. I just feel that the set needs another police officer or robber with it IMO.

The Hobbit Goblin King is $78.97. I'm considering it. I'm wondering if that is the cheapest I will ever see that set :roll:
I KNOW it's been cheaper, but i've been unable to snag one as of yet.

Wolverine's Chopper is $14.97

The new Lego City High Speed Police Chase (seems like it was $34.97 in stores) is $26.44 online. I'm having a REAL hard time trying to convice myself not to buy it.

Also in store I keep seeing the Police Heavy Lift Copter for $34.97 but that is not enough to get me either.

As it stands I have two of the Werewolf fighters on order, and and contemplating the rest. Someone give me some advice (or some sense!) and talk me out of these! :shame: ......... or talk me into buying them ;)

I also just built my first Dino set. It was the small Raptor Ambush set, and I got it for around $6.xx during Walmarts clearances.

Let me say that I am hooked on it. It was a sweet little set and I want to get more but obviously, they are all gone now! I may have to look on bricklink and ebay to get some more.

^ Welcome to yesterday. :p Some of them have been on Amazon too, like the werewolf set. It is a $20 set, it doesn't even look like it should be a $15 set. Walmart just claims it's $25.

I got greedy. I was hoping some of the Amazon sets that are on sale would be lowered on AWD, which were, but too late. But now the XMen set is back up to $20.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']$10 off any Toy purchase of $19.95+ at Barnes and Noble with your Mastercard

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/print_nav.asp?PID=46238

It is not valid online because LEGO is excluded but they are not excluded in store. I know my store was pretty low since Christmas but they did get some Chima and new Friends in so I'll be trying them today.

EDIT: Picked up the Garbage Truck for $9.75 after coupon and membership. They had a few of 2013 sets available too.[/QUOTE]

Do B&N sets cost the same as they would be at Wal-Mart or Target or do they increase the price like Toys R' Us does on some sets?

[quote name='SSchmidt']Found this on SD.

Currently online at Walmart the Monster Fighter Werewolf set is $12.97, off the 24.97 price. I've seen this multiple times for $20 in store, but never felt that it was enough of a deal to hook me. This one is. At $12.97 there are a lot of SWEET pieces and colors in the set.

The Mobile Police Unit is $34.97. While that is not too bad of a discount, its probably more than I am willing to pay. I just feel that the set needs another police officer or robber with it IMO.

The Hobbit Goblin King is $78.97. I'm considering it. I'm wondering if that is the cheapest I will ever see that set :roll:
I KNOW it's been cheaper, but i've been unable to snag one as of yet.

Wolverine's Chopper is $14.97

The new Lego City High Speed Police Chase (seems like it was $34.97 in stores) is $26.44 online. I'm having a REAL hard time trying to convice myself not to buy it.

Also in store I keep seeing the Police Heavy Lift Copter for $34.97 but that is not enough to get me either.

As it stands I have two of the Werewolf fighters on order, and and contemplating the rest. Someone give me some advice (or some sense!) and talk me out of these! :shame: ......... or talk me into buying them ;)[/QUOTE]
For $15 I highly recommend the Wolverine set. The minifigs are very nice, and I like the helicopter. Based on the pricing of a lot of the newer sets that is a very good deal.
And I agree with you on the Dino sets. I hadn't gotten any until the last couple of months because the prices on them seemed outrageous, but I now have the Triceratops set, 2 of the pterodactyl towers, the pterodactyl airplane thing, the T-rex set and I got 3 of the smallest set at Fred Meyer on clearance. Really fun sets, and my daughter just loves the dino figures.

[quote name='Believeland']Do B&N sets cost the same as they would be at Wal-Mart or Target or do they increase the price like Toys R' Us does on some sets?[/QUOTE]
They have added a bit to some of the sets. No where near as bad as TRU, but all the $20 vehicles they added $2 to, and there are a few others like that as well.

[quote name='bigdaddy']^ Welcome to yesterday. :p Some of them have been on Amazon too, like the werewolf set. It is a $20 set, it doesn't even look like it should be a $15 set. Walmart just claims it's $25.

I got greedy. I was hoping some of the Amazon sets that are on sale would be lowered on AWD, which were, but too late. But now the XMen set is back up to $20.[/QUOTE]

Maybe this time next year I will be at today ;)

I an seriousness, I have seen the Werewolf set at the $24.97 price point multiple times in stores at WM. And for 240 pieces, I'm more than willing to drop the $12.97 on it. I think it has some good looking pieces in it at that price.

[quote name='SSchmidt']Maybe this time next year I will be at today ;)

I an seriousness, I have seen the Werewolf set at the $24.97 price point multiple times in stores at WM. And for 240 pieces, I'm more than willing to drop the $12.97 on it. I think it has some good looking pieces in it at that price.[/QUOTE]

If you invent a space and time machine can I borrow it for like a minute? ;)

That's just Wally's markup, they are starting to think they are TRU.

The pieces seem OKish, more so for $13. I just don't think a car and a tree make a $20/$25 set.

Kind of like how I don't think a big tree with some hobbits is a $50 set.

Someone was talking about the Police Mobile Unit, it's $28 on AWD...
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Mobile-P...&ie=UTF8&qid=1359239829&sr=1-26&keywords=lego

Had to use up some TRU Rewards, and was at a TRU that had Series 9 Minifigs. I was hoping for Mr. Hyde, but after finding Chicken Suit Guy, Forest Maiden, Mermaid, and Fortune Teller, I called it a day.

These 4 are great. Can't wait for the rest.

I think series 9 is really sweet.

I just got back from my local Walmart and they just now had put Series 8 minifigs in the clearance section. They were just sitting in a tupperware container. I bought 26 of them.:lol:

Series 9 is pretty good, I think. We got our first 3 packs (I told my wife she should have picked up a bunch of 'em, heh) and got the cyclops. That's a very nicely done minifig. Good stuff. Now, I need the Chicken suit guy!

I thought I had all the series 9 minifigures. I gave my son some yesterday and the one I thought would be the mech suit guy was the alien avenger. So I went to TRU to look last night but they had none left. I went to one today and searched for one and found him, I did not realize that they were so similar and that the only difference is to feel for the lack of a weapon, and the jet pack is a little different feeling. Well my son is loving them anyway. We still have a few more to open.

I like the Series 9 minifigs, I might actually pick them up at some point. I did get three Series 8 minifigs for a $1 each and ended up with the diver, cowgirl, and the Roman guy? He's the one with the red piece that attaches to his helmet.

I have one of those 24 hour Walmarts. I'm half tempted to order the Werewolf and go pick it up at the next full course yellow (along with a bottle of Coca-Cola). That also assumes my Walmart would have the competency to let me do that this late at night, which I highly doubt.

I like the Wolverine helicopter set for the minifigs, but I'm not sure I like the set as a whole that much.

Well looks like the Site to Store only has certain hours. Oh welll. Here's some other deals I found on walmart.com while looking:

Desert Skiff - $17.97 (normally $24.97)
Mandalorian Fighter - $39.97 (normally $49.97, I'm tempted to order it at this price)
Jabba's Palace - $99.97 (my store is selling it for $119.97)
Sith Interceptor - $74.97 (normally $89.97, also tempted to order)
Elite Clone Troopers and Droid Commandos - $9.97 (normally $12.97)
Gungan Sub - $59.97 (normally $69.97, still have no idea how this set costs that much)
X-Wing & Yavin 4 - $7.97 (normally $9.97)
Sebulba's Podracer & Tatooine - $7.97 (normally $9.97)
Twin-Pod Cloud Car & Bespin - $7.97 (normally $9.97)

Don't forget that Target will now price match walmart.com as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just scored 4 Uruk Hai sets for 8 bucks each! Using some methods described here by karkyco , I searched my area on Target.com and only one store of about 15 even had them in stock. I went there and bought all 4 sets they had at full price. Then the next day took them back to the store where I had found Weathertop for $17. My return/rebuy excuse was that I wanted to purchase them separately from the other things I bought on the same receipt because they were "gifts" and I wanted a gift receipt. When they rang up for less, the cashier said "wow they are so much cheaper at this store! Lucky you."

Me and a friend found series 9 at TRU yesterday. They were 3.19 which isn't bad for TRU I guess. We split the 38 they had left between us. I guess the elf maidens were picked out because that is the only one we didn't get. We didn't do too bad, getting a lot of the nice army builders (knight, cop, cyclops) and limiting the lesser figures. Though we did end up with 2 Caesers each.

bread's done
Back