LEGO Deals 3

[quote name='encendido5']Blasphemy! It doesn't have a proper gatehouse! Yellow Castle is the best castle ever made!!

Or at least that's what you would get on EB :lol:[/QUOTE]

Huw at Brickset is the same, he actually thinks the 2013 Castle looks like the yellow castle. They don't even have the same look at all.

"It bears more than a passing resemblance to the very first minifig castle, 375, doesn't it!"

NO IT DOESN'T! :lol:

[quote name='skiizim']They probably heard about you complaining over the overpriced Lego City sets =P, did they release any other set with a police heli?[/QUOTE]

The overpriced bit was on the 2013 sets, not the 2012. :booty:

And nope, not like that.

[quote name='bigdaddy']
Holiday Train
http://brickset.com/detail/?set=10173-1[/QUOTE]

I remember seeing this at the Lego store years ago but at that time I was only getting a few creator sets here and there and wasn't into collecting Lego like I am now. This is one of those sets I really wish I picked up. These are insanely high on the secondary market now. I am hoping that one day we'll either get a modified re-release or a new holiday train all together.

Just because I can't brag that often....

I got it for $45, it was half off at LEGO S@H. ;)

It's the one set my mom likes, it goes under her tree ever Christmas. I think they should make a new one, trains sell well, and then have the holiday village set be a train station.

Anyone in the northeast USA buying LEGOs for the blizzard of the last three years? It already feels like the press for the, it's not that bad flu season, over hyped to death. It's a Friday, the worst part will be Friday night, and maybe 1-3 feet in areas, but it will be cleared up really quickly.

[quote name='jazzman']Just picked up the Desert Skiff for $18.00 on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking about ordering it when I get paid tomorrow. It looks like a nice little set, and I really want a Boba Fett minifig.

Will probably check Target for the Chima polybags tomorrow too.

Spoke with somebody at Lego and they said the Minecraft set is still being made.

[quote name='mweav067']I'm thinking about ordering it when I get paid tomorrow. It looks like a nice little set, and I really want a Boba Fett minifig.

Will probably check Target for the Chima polybags tomorrow too.

Spoke with somebody at Lego and they said the Minecraft set is still being made.[/QUOTE]

The skiff is surprisingly large... I think it's like 9 or 10 inches long. Plus you get boba fett and 3 other decent minifigs :) The way they handled the sarlaac is cute too - would have liked it a little larger, but i won't complain!

[quote name='crowbb']I'm on the verge of selling my Star Destroyer and Cafe Corner. They are both great sets...but I could buy so many of even the more expensive sets by just giving up those 2. I still need the Grand Emporium, Pet Shop, and Passenger Train all of which have to be near end of life. My Yoyo deal never went through so I missed my shot at Helm's Deep for a not ridiculous price. Now the Cinema is coming out and that is a must get as well.[/QUOTE]

I'm new to these sets but Fire Brigade has been out since 2009. Looking at release dates you have:

2009 Fire Brigade
2010 Grand Emporium
2011 Pet Shop
2012 Town Hall
2013 Palace Theater

If, roughly, 4 years of availability is the norm, you still have time on Grand Emporium since Fire Brigade still hasn't really been discontinued yet.

Then again, I'm just guessing. I'm just gonna make sure I grab GE next.

Last edited by a moderator:
^I think Grand Emporium and Green Grocery are my favorites.

[quote name='Katsumi']The skiff is surprisingly large... I think it's like 9 or 10 inches long. [/QUOTE]

That's what he said.

Some guy on guy Skiff action? :lol:

[quote name='bigdaddy']^I think Grand Emporium and Green Grocery are my favorites.

That's what he said.

Some guy on guy Skiff action? :lol:[/QUOTE]

:O Well, they are all guy minifigs i suppose...

[quote name='bigdaddy']Just because I can't brag that often....

I got it for $45, it was half off at LEGO S@H. ;)

It's the one set my mom likes, it goes under her tree ever Christmas. I think they should make a new one, trains sell well, and then have the holiday village set be a train station.[/QUOTE]

Nice. I have had some nice clearance scores like that but just not in a while, especially in the Lego department.
The reason I want the train is exactly what you stated, for under the Christmas tree. And great idea about using the village for the station. Right before last Christmas I had some store credit and my wife wanted a holiday set. I left it up to her tp pick between the cottage and the post office. She picked the cottage, which I do like, but regret not getting the post office too. When we were at this months mini build a couple days ago I saw a couple folks walk out with holiday sets and I got excited thinking I might score a post office but no dice, all they had were a couple cottages left. Now that I think about it I probably should've picked one up to sell or trade towards a post office, bakery or toy shop.

I picked up the skiff from Amazon a couple weeks ago when it first hit the $18 price point. had been waiting on a good deal on that one for a while. Its the only Star Wars set I have. Put it together at work and now is sits a top my cubicle. I love this set, just wish it had a way of attaching Boba to the Sarlacc tentacles and some more clear pieces so the skiff could sit higher above the Sarlacc

[quote name='bigdaddy']
Orient Expedition A new millennium classic.
http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=7417-1
[/QUOTE]

Ahh, that reminds me, I got a large amount of LEGO at a yard sale over the summer. Appears to have every Orient Expedition set(except the fortress). I love the 3 silly looking monsters in those sets. I really really need to go through it sometime and see how complete they are. Hard to get motivated going through that big of a random pile of stuff though...

[quote name='salty tbone']Back in my day, they were all guy minifigs until they put on a wig ... okay I'll shut up now.[/QUOTE]

Mine was a smurf village -- many guys, one girl.

I haven't seen any one mention the two new Lego movies coming out:

Lego Batman: The Movie Dc Superheroes Unite with Clark Kent / Superman Minifigure (http://www.amazon.com/Lego-Batman-M...F8&qid=1360270379&sr=1-1&keywords=lego+batman)

Lego Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back with Darth Vader with Medal Minifigure (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Lego-R-Star-Wars-Empire-Strikes-Back-With-Mini-Figurine/22907069)

The trailer for the Lego Batman movie looks like it may just be scenes from Lego Batman 2. Empire Strikes Back was pretty good. The Padawan Menace was funnier, but Empire Strikes Back was a better show.

I also noticed these browsing around the Barnes and Noble website:
76008: Iron Man vs. The Mandarin: Ultimate Showdown http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/toy...arin-ultimate-76008/25488133?ean=673419200370
76007: Super Heroes Iron Man: Malibu Mansion Attack http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/toy...ansion-attack-76007/25488130?ean=673419190459
76006: Super Heroes Iron Man: Extremis Sea Port Battle http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/toy...a-port-battle-76006/25488129?ean=673419190442

I'm not impressed with...any of them. I want the War Machine and...that's about it.
Edit: Mandarin looks like Hagrid from Harry Potter (http://brickset.com/minifigs/?m=hp111)

[quote name='salty tbone']Back in my day, they were all guy minifigs until they put on a wig ... okay I'll shut up now.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you have something to share with us. Someone was having fun in the 80s.

What if a guy had long hair naturally? Are we following The Bible's views?

Does not even nature teach you that when a man has grown his hair, it is a disgrace to him? - Corinthians 11:14

Good thing Jesus had short hair... oh wait... :lol:

Anyways... I have all of Orient Expedition besides one of the sets with the monster. Oddly enough I saw it on my mom's floor so I figured I would get it for Easter, never did. Only set I didn't get for 75% off.

And the temple set is stunning, that would be my sixth set I'd keep. :)

The Iron Man boat isn't bad, the rest are bland.

[quote name='scp89']I got a free lego vip valentine in mail today..cant figure out how to post pic..metallic red keychain figure[/QUOTE]

I did too, it is very nice!

though I'm keeping it hands off, but hanging nicely in the office.

Unfortunately the hands are not chrome...

[quote name='scp89']I got a free lego vip valentine in mail today..cant figure out how to post pic..metallic red keychain figure[/QUOTE]
Did any coupons come with it?

Buy spending / buying crap from S@H often!

From brickset....

Update 2 : We've been told by the folks at LEGO that not every VIP member will get one of these key chains - only "the most active and engaged VIP members based on a list of criteria including purchase frequency". So fingers crossed !

I'll gladly not buy things from LEGO and not get a free keychain with the money I'm saving.

Lego can kiss my ass, for the past few years the company has been run by the biggest tightwad ever. I used to frequent the Lego store on a weekly to bi-weekly basis but after there sales and prices went to shit I try and hold out for clearance.

EDIT:I found this on T&B

I guess this is what happened to all the Imperial Shuttles and Daigon Alleys on Amazon....

nf2y4p.jpg

[quote name='skiizim']Lego can kiss my ass, for the past few years the company has been run by the biggest tightwad ever. I used to frequent the Lego store on a weekly to bi-weekly basis but after there sales and prices went to shit I try and hold out for clearance.

EDIT:I found this on T&B

I guess this is what happened to all the Imperial Shuttles and Daigon Alleys on Amazon....

That's what I call "Loser". There are Lego "fans" that spend more money in a year on LEGO than I make.

What really gets me is why would I bother buying from LEGO when there is Amazon? A new set comes out on Amazon and it's 10% off and has free shipping.

Why waste my money on Lego when the package from TN takes 20 days to show up at my house in worse shape than Amazon warehouse Deals? it's such a joke. I ordered all the time, I went to the LEGO Stores anytime I was near Boston. Now I don't bother, they have nothing in stock, and they have no "exclusive" sets for less than $150 dollars.

The last thing I bought from them was 5 PQ minifigure packs that were $3.50 instead of $15. Too good a deal to pass. But why would I waste $7 on shipping to get a free helicopter when I can order the same things on Amazon for cheaper and buy the helicopter at Target in November?

That guy is a major reseller, not a collector.

xycury and scp89, how much do you guys spend at the lego store? Just curious to see what it takes.

[quote name='sydra']Ahh, that reminds me, I got a large amount of LEGO at a yard sale over the summer. Appears to have every Orient Expedition set(except the fortress). I love the 3 silly looking monsters in those sets. I really really need to go through it sometime and see how complete they are. Hard to get motivated going through that big of a random pile of stuff though...[/QUOTE]

That's actually my favorite part of going through a lot, sorting the parts and then putting sets together. It does take a while to sort though.

Oh yeah, Zelda Cuusoo hit 10,000 supporters

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/14886

[quote name='encendido5']That guy is a major reseller, not a collector.

xycury and scp89, how much do you guys spend at the lego store? Just curious to see what it takes.

That's actually my favorite part of going through a lot, sorting the parts and then putting sets together. It does take a while to sort though.

Oh yeah, Zelda Cuusoo hit 10,000 supporters

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/14886[/QUOTE]

Legend of Zelda sets would get my money no questions asked, especially if they're Ocarina of Time sets.

Probably ordering the Skiff tomorrow, but I'm getting it from Walmart.com instead to save on shipping.

I got the red guy today too...gave it to my daughter. I'm sorry, but keychains just suck.

I didn't think I spent that much this year, but then I remember buying an bunch of train motors and such and breaking up the orders to get a bunch of those Hulk minifigures.

My order history for 2012 below

I only bought during sales, or getting a freebie (Hulk & Monster fighters were the last ones). I may have bought a few things for holidays as you can tell. I try to get free shipping and double VIP points. Only time I paid for shipping were a few times, and tried to keep it around 20 so it was another 4.95.

I do not have a lego store near me so this is all shop.lego.com. There is one in Milwaukee but way too far to drive... but will plan a special trip.

I guess I did buy some MASSIVE exclusives, Joust set and the Haunted house.

I don't have any other place that sells Lego, Targets are small, nothing more than the standard 4 - 5 core themes, and Toys R us sucks donkey balls and never have any "good" sets. They don't have exclusives, nor any of the good ones like the >$150 sets (Green Grocer, ect).

They might say I earned 2108, but I know half of that were from double VIP points, so I could see maybe spending half of that. Oh, the "double line" sets are lego 'doublin' the points, not like I'd get 2 Joust (I do want a 2nd though) and 2 MBA kits.

I guess I ordered about 8 times through the year.

Honestly I wasn't banking on getting one... but... Surprise! The card is hanging on my fridge. it's cute but it's just advertisement. no coupons (I wish, it would be a first!)

Code:
Order Date
Order Number
Product Description
Points Earned
Points Redeemed
2012-12-02	Y272921808	9468 Vampyre Castle V39	89 	-
2012-11-21	Y272921808	Character Card Shrine	12 	-
2012-11-21	Y272921808	40010 LEGO Santa with Sleigh V46	4 	-
2012-11-21	Y272921808	40035 LEGO Rocking Horse V46	4 	-
2012-11-21	Y272921808	40034 LEGO Christmas Train V46	4 	-
2012-11-21	Y272921808	Halloween Set	13 	-
2012-11-21	Y272921808	4962 Baby Zoo V91	8 	-
2012-09-21	Y219244686	10228 Haunted House V39	179 	-
2012-05-18	Y206450022	630 Brick Separator V120	1 	-
2012-05-18	Y206450022	LEGO Kingdom Chess Set	35 	-
2012-05-16	Y206450022	VIP Redemption	-	-300
2012-05-01	Y182078113	LEGO MBA Kits 7-9 Subscription	52 	-
2012-05-01	Y182078113	LEGO MBA Kits 7-9 Subscription	52 	-
2012-04-19	Y196467613	LGS Excl. StorageBox w.Playmat	8 	-
2012-03-14	Y182078113	40030 LEGO Duck with Ducklings V46	4 	-
2012-03-14	Y182078113	10223 Kingdoms Joust V39	104 	-
2012-03-14	Y182078113	10223 Kingdoms Joust V39	104 	-
2012-03-14	Y182078113	40031 LEGO Bunny & Chicken V46	4 	-
2012-03-14	Y182078113	40031 LEGO Bunny & Chicken V46	4 	-
2012-03-14	Y182078113	40030 LEGO Duck with Ducklings V46	4 	-
2012-03-12	Y182078113	VIP Redemption	-	-500
2012-01-21	Y178594884	40029 LEGO Valentines Box V46	4 	-
2012-01-21	Y178594884	Ninjago Excl. Card Shrine	10 	-
2012-01-21	Y178594884	Anubis Guard Keychain	8 	-
Since you have joined the VIP Program, you have earned a total 2,108 Points. There must be a very happy LEGO Fan close to you.

Hate to double post but wanted to say in a separate post

Free shipping on 75 May 1-15

Double VIP points on May 25-Apr 8th

Palace Cinema early sale for VIPs Feb14-28

Free SW Republic Frigate (100pcs set bag) on $50 or more SW March 1-31

Some overlapping, anyone with a store (lucky sobs) would probably benefit going later in the month to score Double with the freebie.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Sounds like you have something to share with us. Someone was having fun in the 80s.

What if a guy had long hair naturally? Are we following The Bible's views?[/QUOTE]

Well all I'll say is I'm old enough that when I was a kid I only had two kinds of hair pieces, this ...
trn113.jpg

and this ...
ver010.jpg

I just think it's funny how in other forums people only consider faces with lipstick to be female. So repressive ... and yeah, I had a lot of fun in the 80s. I should bring all that up with my therapist. Haha.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']still hoping for a droid escape price discount[/QUOTE]

Check your local Kroger store. I picked one up a few weeks after Christmas for 10.00

Ah, looks like I might have almost been there. Maybe a hundred bucks or so.

Though cool, I'm not going to worry about a keychain. Now if it was a white Boba Fett...

I did not really spend that much at lego store....the holiday set this year and Haunted House - I did return a larger set that my mom bought for my boys and used the credit for some smaller sets they wanted

[quote name='xycury']Hate to double post but wanted to say in a separate post

Some overlapping, anyone with a store (lucky sobs) would probably benefit going later in the month to score Double with the freebie.[/QUOTE]

I've got a free shipping code if anybody needs it.

[quote name='xycury']Hate to double post but wanted to say in a separate post

Some overlapping, anyone with a store (lucky sobs) would probably benefit going later in the month to score Double with the freebie.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a LEGO store near me, closest is 2 hours away. I'm actually going to be near one today, but I can wait on my Grand Emporium purchase until April 8th for the double points.

Wait, is that Double VIP supposed to be March 25th?

Ordered the Skiff this morning. Ordered it from Walmart so I could save on shipping.

I really like the Palace Cinema that's being released. I might crack and buy it.

Just came back from walmart to do some last minute shopping before the blizzard. They had I think all the LOTR sets except for the Urukhai forge. They all had a clearance sticker on them but the only ones on clearance were weathertop for $40 and gandalf arrives for $9. I picked up the gandalf set since I don't have it yet.

[quote name='encendido5']Ah, looks like I might have almost been there. Maybe a hundred bucks or so.

Though cool, I'm not going to worry about a keychain. Now if it was a white Boba Fett...[/QUOTE]

The Advent Calendar will have a Santa Boba Fett, so you can get a red one. :)

Now they are saying the blizzard will not slow down, and will go to the east! YAY! Have fun Boston with your biggest snowfall ever. :)

No keychain for me. Shucks, I think employees were X'd out from this giveaway. I'd hate to miss a day of work, but if this snow storm hits us bad I'll be doing a lot of sorting!

I also got a red keychain yesterday, but I didn't think I ordered that much from Shop at Home, and I am pretty sure I only went to the nearest LEGO Store twice last year. I am pretty sure all of my purchases were during sales, double points, or to get freebies (or all of the above). I buy the majority of LEGO based on sales elsewhere thanks to this site and TnB so I was pretty surprised to get one.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']No keychain for me. Shucks, I think employees were X'd out from this giveaway. I'd hate to miss a day of work, but if this snow storm hits us bad I'll be doing a lot of sorting![/QUOTE]

This is all I saw when I said that...
[quote name='ItzTitoYo']Wahhhhhh! I didn't get a shitty keychain for free because I work for one of the best companies on the planet. All they gave me was a 1000 piece exclusive house for Christmas![/QUOTE]

:booty:

[quote name='bigdaddy']This is all I saw when I said that...

:booty:[/QUOTE]

Oh bigdaddy, I wasn't crying about it! Hey, I'm just like the rest of you guys here and else where, I like free things also!

Plus, I really like that "shitty" keychain.

[quote name='encendido5']Just came back from walmart to do some last minute shopping before the blizzard. They had I think all the LOTR sets except for the Urukhai forge. [/QUOTE]

That's probably because the Orc Forge is a Target exclusive. ;)

[quote name='bigdaddy']This is all I saw when I said that...

:booty:[/QUOTE]

I thought the exact same thing. If I got a key chain, I'd gladly trade it for that exclusive house.

oh yeah, when I said May, I meant March :oops:

I think most on Bricklink found out it's near $500?

not sure if rumor is true or not.

bread's done
Back