LEGO Deals 3

Not sure if you two are talking about the same set.

The original western sets brought me out of my dark ages. The Lone Ranger sets are so damn sexy it's scary.

I think this is the year I finally put my foot down on Star Wars. Original Trilogy only. Just too expensive and I find myself buying the sets just for minifigures. I'm already oggling the lackluster barge just for the Max Rebo fig. I know I woud be able to get them on bricklink and such, but that seems even more wasteful.

[quote name='bigdaddy']All the Toy Fair pictures are up...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fbtbnet/sets/[/QUOTE]

Some good stuff coming. I am definitely picking up all of the new Lone Ranger and LOTR, and the Creator houses. The Castle theme does look pretty blah, but I do dig the Dragon Mountain and its awesome dragon. I guess I will have to pick up the Sail Barge just to get that sweet Max Rebo minifig (well all the new minifigs in there are must-haves), but the ship itself is not too exciting since I already have the previous version.

Anyone getting a Prince of Persia vibe from the Lone Ranger? I bought a ton of those sets for near full priced and then watched as the prices plummeted and were clearanced at Target.

Historically, haven't western Lego sets also faired poorly? I'm just assuming because castle and space seem far more popular and tend to be annual releases.

[quote name='etcrane']Anyone getting a Prince of Persia vibe from the Lone Ranger?[/QUOTE]

Sure... except for the fact that The Lone Ranger looks good. ;)

Maybe it's just me, but I was not excited for neither the Prince of Persia movie nor the Legos. The Lone Ranger, on the other hand, looks good on both fronts. It seems like it has a more Pirates of the Carribean 1 vibe to it, so I hope that's the direction it goes. Regardless, I can't see myself passing on very many of the Lone Ranger Legos. I definitely gotta have that stagecoach, and the train looks great as well.

[quote name='etcrane']Anyone getting a Prince of Persia vibe from the Lone Ranger? I bought a ton of those sets for near full priced and then watched as the prices plummeted and were clearanced at Target.

Historically, haven't western Lego sets also faired poorly? I'm just assuming because castle and space seem far more popular and tend to be annual releases.[/QUOTE]

Town, Castle and Space are the core LEGO themes, they will be around forever with releases most years.

Wild West is like Pirates, they release them once and awhile. I think the bigger issue was "cowboys vs indians" looks bad. So with the new movie solves that problem.

However Prince of Persia the movie was entertaining, but forgettable, The Lone Ranger to me just looks forgettable.

I'll stand by that Prince of Persia castle, "The Battle of Alamut"--that was one of the nicest and most original castles in years, white, tan and gold. I bought two of them (at discount--but it was even cheaper than your standard castle, at $79 msrp)

I really like the battle pack for Lone Ranger--those cavalry soldiers look great. All of the sets look good.

And yeah, I'm feeling the call of that new Sail Barge...even though I have the older one. Max Rebo and Three-eyed dude. Curse you original trilogy sets. Watch, they'll make a $19 set next year of the whole Max Rebo band.

[quote name='bigdaddy']That's one of the best priced sets of the year, 315 pieces for $30 is 10 cents a piece.

Opps, nevermind. You are talking the huge Technic set.[/QUOTE]

I'm getting the Grand Prix Truck as soon as I find it most likely. I really like that set, and as noted it's 10 cents per piece.

The Corporate Alliance Tank Droid is another good priced set, it's $20 for 271 pieces plus Jango Fett.

[quote name='cassidyarch']I'll stand by that Prince of Persia castle, "The Battle of Alamut"--that was one of the nicest and most original castles in years, white, tan and gold. I bought two of them (at discount--but it was even cheaper than your standard castle, at $79 msrp).[/QUOTE]

I always kick myself for now buying that set for whatever discount I saw it at at Target. It is a very cool little castle. I think it was 30% off, I really didn't want to carry the big box back home. But 8 mini figures, a camel, all the neat colors, the theme was worth it just for the castle and animals.

[quote name='prim4444']B1G1 50% next week at TRU. Excludes Technic, Chima and TMNT.[/QUOTE]

No Friends exclusion? That would be a first, IIRC.

Too bad all their Friends stuff is marked up at least 20%. Looks like they have a Friends Birthday polybag for $4. I haven't seen that one before.

[quote name='prim4444']B1G1 50% next week at TRU. Excludes Technic, Chima and TMNT.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, no TMNT? I still probably wouldn't have bought any, given TRU's markup, but I need to buy some of those sets. Hopefully Target puts them on sale sometime.

[quote name='Corvin']No Friends exclusion? That would be a first, IIRC.

Too bad all their Friends stuff is marked up at least 20%. Looks like they have a Friends Birthday polybag for $4. I haven't seen that one before.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='BingoBrown']Ugh, no TMNT? I still probably wouldn't have bought any, given TRU's markup, but I need to buy some of those sets. Hopefully Target puts them on sale sometime.[/QUOTE]

Friends and TMNT sets actually got a bit of a drop this week. Still a mark up, but not as bad.

Also, if you shop at TRU and you opt in for the e-receipts, there is a 20% off any one regular priced item coupon on the bottom of the email receipt. The coupon starts 2 - 3 days after the purchase, good for about 3 weeks and are one time use only.

[quote name='prim4444']
Also, if you shop at TRU and you opt in for the e-receipts, there is a 20% off any one regular priced item coupon on the bottom of the email receipt. The coupon starts 2 - 3 days after the purchase, good for about 3 weeks and are one time use only.[/QUOTE]

That's so great for TRU to do that! That would lower their normal prices to only about 35% higher than MSRP.

:)

Calling all LEGO deal scientists!

I want a few Galaxy Squad sets - does TRU still have any of them at decent prices? If so I might be in for the BOGO.

I seem to recall getting the Swarm Interceptor at MSRP before Christmas.

Well Im stoked I may found the deal of the month for me since none of the local Targets offered the LEGO on clearances.

Last night, went out to get an additional gift for my woman for V-Day and decided to look over LEGO section. As always nothing marked down nor clearances in this section.

So I decided to check the Mega Bloks aisle and oh behold on the top shelf, an lone LEGO Star Wars Anakin's and Sebulba's Podracers - 7962 was there.

Quickly snagged it up and took it over price checker, "Item not found", the stars starts to align, took over to a young man scanned it in, then he goes "Im sorry sir, I cannot sell this item to you, it salvaged" after a few moment staring him down he goes "alright, let me check, is this for your son? Its for my nephew. Alright I sell it to you, the price is $14.76 after 70% discount."

Paid and snapped a pic message for nephew to see what are we building this weekend. He is super stoked cause that the only scene in the movie he likes.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Yeah it's for your "nephew". ;)

In a big "What the fuck?!" at LEGO Shop at Home the series 9 minifigures (that I still haven't seen) are "retiring soon". It's been 1.5 months, the new ones won't be out until the end of April.

Honestly, if LEGO has started to make less of the minifigures this series I'm just completely going to ignore them then. I'm not going out of my way to find a toy.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Retiring-Soon?cmp=soc-RetiringSoon_Feb13_NA[/QUOTE]

Just because it hit the "retiring soon" doesn't mean it's out the door tomorrow. Besides informing peeps about what's leaving us soon that page is a great tool for the company to "spark" interest on a particular product that isn't selling too well.

Although the Medieval Market is sold out online my store is still receiving shipments of the set. Go figure...

There are now seven Ghost Trains on AWD. :lol:

Last night they had a werewolf set for $11.xx or 45% off for a few hours, I convinced myself not to by it by falling asleep. :)

[quote name='bigdaddy']There are now seven Ghost Trains on AWD. :lol:

Last night they had a werewolf set for $11.xx or 45% off for a few hours, I convinced myself not to by it by falling asleep. :)[/QUOTE]

You were slow. I picked up one for 10.43. I also picked up the red passenger train for $111, I know they have been cheaper, but I had a $100 Amazon gc burning a hole in my pocket and have also been wanting to get one of the working trains.

I already have one and trying to not spend as much on LEGO because I really REALLY don't have the space.

Yet I'll still buy some. :lol:

If I bought that one Werewolf set it would have ended with me buying the mother ship another AC set, the big Police helicopter (which was going to be an AC set) and spend $95 in 5 minutes. :)

Fellas I have a question, what other retail locations beside Target & Walmart do you tend to find LEGOs for sale?

I have heard that Kohls carries them at times, as well Ross clothing store. But I even heard some off the wall location like Krogers and CVS?

Care to share what retail stores you hit up for Lego?

[quote name='bigdaddy']Yeah it's for your "nephew". ;)

In a big "What the fuck?!" at LEGO Shop at Home the series 9 minifigures (that I still haven't seen) are "retiring soon". It's been 1.5 months, the new ones won't be out until the end of April.

Honestly, if LEGO has started to make less of the minifigures this series I'm just completely going to ignore them then. I'm not going out of my way to find a toy.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Retiring-Soon?cmp=soc-RetiringSoon_Feb13_NA[/QUOTE]

Take a deep breath. :) The first 8 items are labeled as *NEW* and the bottom 11 are labeled as "retiring soon."

[quote name='EnronLackey']Fellas I have a question, what other retail locations beside Target & Walmart do you tend to find LEGOs for sale?

I have heard that Kohls carries them at times, as well Ross clothing store. But I even heard some off the wall location like Krogers and CVS?

Care to share what retail stores you hit up for Lego?[/QUOTE]

Kohls hasn't really had LEGO for years now. Was a good place in early Harry Potter days. CVS will only carry very small sets like Ninjago spinners and Star Wars planets. TJ Maxx/Marshalls you can rarely find a random item there, often older and/or unpopular :) Kroger Marketplace though, can be very good. Once or twice a year they'll put a lot of sets at 30-40% off(some Ninjago/LOTR/City at the moment). Only the Marketplace locations though.

[quote name='Corvin']Take a deep breath. :) The first 8 items are labeled as *NEW* and the bottom 11 are labeled as "retiring soon."[/QUOTE]

Yeah but if you click on them they say "New" and "retiring soon." Wish I could retire that soon ...

Yes, LEGO on Facebook even said they are retiring soon, and that's it's not a mistake. They made X sets (and no girl on girl X sets) and are no longer making those sets.

Target never got any of the sets on the page, and Target two weeks ago was still restocking after Christmas.

[quote name='elessar123']lol fuck that. I'd rather get 10% off than that helicopter.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, helicopter you can get at Target for $4 or double points, free shipping, 10% off, or free holiday set.

10240-red-five-xwing-starfighter-ucs-600x474.jpg

OMG! Want!

Just got my state refund yesterday. Palace theater is at the top of my want list for the year and my wife is encouraging me to pick it up but I think I will wait for double VIP points.

[quote name='EnronLackey']Not sure if this is a deal but at Amazon:

LEGO Green Building Plate (10" x 10") is half off right now at $4.99 ea & part of the Free Super Saver Shipping offer

http://amzn.com/B00000JIVS

I was just about to buy some this Monday at $7.99 each[/QUOTE]

$4.99 is what LEGO sells them for. Amazon has their list price wrong. Still nice to see Amazon have it at the right price. The price of base plates are outrageous.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']$4.99 is what LEGO sells them for. Amazon has their list price wrong. Still nice to see Amazon have it at the right price. The price of base plates are outrageous.[/QUOTE]

Really? Maybe I should start price comparing Amazon and Lego sites. Thanks for the info!

What does Disney have to do with that set? It was ling planned before Disney's announcement. Disney doesn't even officially own Star Wars I don't think.

Lego makes what makes money. X-Wings make money.

[quote name='bigdaddy']What does Disney have to do with that set? It was ling planned before Disney's announcement. Disney doesn't even officially own Star Wars I don't think.

Lego makes what makes money. X-Wings make money.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if your aware of this but Disney bought out Lucas, if there is one thing Disney knows how to do is make money and they will achieve this which ever way possible.

You don't think they don't notice how much these older UCS sets sell for, they would have to be stupid not to want to cash in. I'm sure Disney will have some influence as in what they want to get released.

Disney is buying it but it doesn't happen overnight. It's not like in the last two months Disney called up Lego and went "hey now. We don't own you, and you already paid us for the Star Wars license, but it be great if you make more Star Wars sets that don't have minifigures!"

Disney is going through the process of buying Lucus Arts, they didn't buy Lego.

And even if Lego did get a phone call like that, LEGO cant design and produce a set in just a few months.

I hit up the Lego store in Elizabeth, NJ today. They had the Cinema but I didn't buy one. I might have been tempted but the Winter Village marked down to $70 (Down from $100) caught my eye instead. So I grabbed that, a few road plates and some pick a brick stuff.

Was able to pick up a couple more Chima polybags at Target in the Valentine's Day section for $2 (50% off). The one store I went to had a different Friends polybag also for $2. It has a picnic theme with a croussaint. I'm hoping to find more of the ice cream cone one.

I found a lone Chima bag, they had a ton of the Friends Ice Cream bags, I picked up two of them. I also picked up an Innotab 2 for $40, I don't know if I'm going to keep this though, my daughter already has an earlier version.

[quote name='skiizim']I found a lone Chima bag, they had a ton of the Friends Ice Cream bags, I picked up two of them. I also picked up an Innotab 2 for $40, I don't know if I'm going to keep this though, my daughter already has an earlier version.[/QUOTE]

Do you (or anyone else) happen to know the item code for the Chima bag on the mobile site?

Would they even show up?

[quote name='bigdaddy']Disney is buying it but it doesn't happen overnight. It's not like in the last two months Disney called up Lego and went "hey now. We don't own you, and you already paid us for the Star Wars license, but it be great if you make more Star Wars sets that don't have minifigures!"

Disney is going through the process of buying Lucus Arts, they didn't buy Lego.

And even if Lego did get a phone call like that, LEGO cant design and produce a set in just a few months.[/QUOTE]

I'm also fairly certain that LEGO chooses what they want to make. It's not impossible for Disney to have some say in it, but I doubt they have much. The decision begins and ends with LEGO, not Disney. And bigdaddy is quite correct: X-Wings are popular. LEGO would want to make more X-Wings. It's pretty simple really.

I just hope they update some of their former UCS sets they have made such as the Blockade Runner & the Super Star Destroyer.

@smergb 204-00-0725

[quote name='dualedge2']I'm also fairly certain that LEGO chooses what they want to make. It's not impossible for Disney to have some say in it, but I doubt they have much. The decision begins and ends with LEGO, not Disney. And bigdaddy is quite correct: X-Wings are popular. LEGO would want to make more X-Wings. It's pretty simple really.[/QUOTE]

I seriously doubt it. Lucas (and now Disney) didn't just hand over the license for a company to do whatever the hell they wanted with it. These are billion dollar companies I'm sure there are meetings to discuss how the line progresses and someone at Lucas/Disney gets final approval.

All that being said, $200 seems high for 1500 pieces. I'll probably pass. I have the original TIE Interceptor and wish I had kept up with the series though. I already told my wife that if they reissue the falcon that's a $400 purchase that will be made. :)

bread's done
Back