LEGO Deals 3

May or may not bite on the tower this summer. My next big planned Lego purchase is the Haunted House.

I have a pretty big unbuilt backlog right now:

Vampyre Hearse
Crazy Scientist and His Monster
Ghost Train
Vampyre Castle
Republic Striker-class Figther
Mandalorian Fighter

Should get to them once the semester ends.

[quote name='bigdaddy']AWD Lone Ranger mine is $57, I'll wait for cheaper, only 20% off, but it's BRAND NEW so get it if you want it.

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Ranger-S...&ie=UTF8&qid=1367212136&sr=1-26&keywords=lego[/QUOTE]

I'll definitely get that set, but not at that price. I'm thinking the $50 price point is what I would pay for it, most.

I have the cavalry builder and the the tent one (can't think of the name offhand) and there are some sweet new pieces. I plan to get most of these guys.

I wish the stores in my area would actually put things on clearance. The only thing I've seen recently is the star wars advent calendar.

[quote name='mickeyp']My husband bought my son (11 years old) the Lego Minecraft, he ordered it in store and they delivered it for free. They also gave him a $5 coupon off of a purchase for next time, not sure why they gave it to him. We got it in mail yesterday. My son opened it quickly and started to put it together, It is missing one little brown piece, so I ordered it on Lego site. It is really cute and my son likes it. My son used another brown piece until we get it though.[/QUOTE]

Was it missing a brown 1x2 plate? My order from Amazon a week and a half ago was missing that piece. I subbed in 2 brown 1x1 plates for now. I noticed there were a lot of extra pieces in the Minecraft set. I wonder if it's sloppy production or planned?

[quote name='bigdaddy']Yes, now you can save $30-$40 and wait three months for the game to cost $20.[/QUOTE]

Technically speaking, you can still get it without pre-ordering. You can be a dick and return the game afterwords, or you can resort to begging if they didn't give away the pre-orders like they were supposed too.

[quote name='WingsDJY']Was it missing a brown 1x2 plate? My order from Amazon a week and a half ago was missing that piece. I subbed in 2 brown 1x1 plates for now. I noticed there were a lot of extra pieces in the Minecraft set. I wonder if it's sloppy production or planned?[/QUOTE]

Yes it was that piece! That is strange! My son used the same 2 little ones instead until it comes, he really did not want to use any other piece because he wanted it to be exact! But I told him it was ok until we get it so he could play with it. I ordered the piece and It is being sent to me from Lego. Strange that with all the lego sets we have I could not find this piece except one in a LOTR set and he almost had a heart attack that I would take it off one set for another and refused to use it.

Any tips for moving with a semi-large collection of Lego? Should I break up the sets in ziploc bags and back in their boxes or put them in big storage bins and take the boxes broken down? What about taking sets partly built so I don't have to rebuild them?

I'm moving in early August but I think I should get started packing stuff up now so I can also take an inventory and sell off stuff I don't really want.

How and where does everyone have there Lego displayed? Do you just build per instructions and display them or do people get crazy and do "master builds" type stuff? I'm just curious because I just started collecting the minifigures but I keep eyeing different sets such as the City, Star Wars and the new LOTR has caught my eye. I wouldn't mind seeing some pictures of peoples displays and I hope I'm not the only 30 year old still buying Lego's.

[quote name='combatrhombus']How and where does everyone have there Lego displayed? Do you just build per instructions and display them or do people get crazy and do "master builds" type stuff? I'm just curious because I just started collecting the minifigures but I keep eyeing different sets such as the City, Star Wars and the new LOTR has caught my eye. I wouldn't mind seeing some pictures of peoples displays and I hope I'm not the only 30 year old still buying Lego's.[/QUOTE]

Well I'm 33 and still buying Lego ;)

I would take pics but I'm moving soon and my display room is a mess right now anyway. Most of my stuff is displayed on shelves. I'll try to get pics up once I move and get the new room set up in August.

[quote name='Pirate331']Weak... I was hoping for an Iron Man with a regular minifig head (like the SDCC exclusive from a couple years back) or a character we haven't had in a set.[/QUOTE]

Looks like we actually are getting an iron man exclusive figure. The Iron Patriot!

http://www.fbtb.net/2013/04/30/iron-patriot-pre-order-bonus-at-walmart/

And by the way combatrhombus, i'm over 30 and still buying Lego. Although I do have my 9yr old as an excuse to still buy too haha

[quote name='combatrhombus']How and where does everyone have there Lego displayed? Do you just build per instructions and display them or do people get crazy and do "master builds" type stuff? I'm just curious because I just started collecting the minifigures but I keep eyeing different sets such as the City, Star Wars and the new LOTR has caught my eye. I wouldn't mind seeing some pictures of peoples displays and I hope I'm not the only 30 year old still buying Lego's.[/QUOTE]

38 and still buying Legos, but they're for my kids, really :roll:. My only regret is not keeping all of the boxes/packaging from my childhood sets, as well as the fact I stopped buying for about 25 years. I missed some very incredible and very valuable sets that I passed over.

I'll be 35 in a couple months. Was really into Lego as a kid but didn't start buying again until a couple years ago. It started with Creator houses and from there it just grew to all different lines but mainly now it's CMF's and I really have my wife to blame for that as she started picking them up initially. She really is an enabler. Over the weekend she went and got some Ikea shelves for all the minifigures, really came out pretty nice. Different sets are displayed throughout different parts of the house. Over the weekend I took some sets down as I am now swapping things out from time to time just to change things up. Did some inventory and arranging and was surprised how my collection has grown.
When we moved a couple years ago our collection wasn't near what it is now but I carefully put some Creator houses in an open top box and just moved them with me, assembled, on the car ride. Only a piece or two here and there came off.
Gotta have that Iron Patriot but not excited that its a walmart exclusive. Sure beats the hell out of Gamestops crappy exclusive though.

@encendido5, how far are you moving? That may or may not affect if you want to move your built sets. I have most of the sets stored in the big Home Depot boxes, the ones I didn't have in boxes I put into the big yellow lego bags, those were really useful!

The Iron Patriot may or may not be released in a future set, who really knows, I wonder how much they payed for the exclusivity.

I'm 32 so don't feel bad, if your not going to focus on one or two themes I suggest you keep it simple because Lego can really lay heavy on your wallet. Pretty soon in about a month Target is going to start putting the toys on clearance so keep your eyes on this thread.

There is no guarantee Super Hero line will even be around next year, there are different rumours to how long the license is. Plus the time to release the minifigure would be with the move, it will be another two years, if ever, before we see another Iron Man set.

[quote name='skiizim']@encendido5, how far are you moving? That may or may not affect if you want to move your built sets. I have most of the sets stored in the big Home Depot boxes, the ones I didn't have in boxes I put into the big yellow lego bags, those were really useful![/QUOTE]

That's a good idea, I should've thought about keeping those bags... Oh well. I'm only moving a couple of miles, so I should be able to put the built stuff in the car in a box like El Rey said and hope for the best. I really don't want to have to break down the Taj Mahal.

[quote name='encendido5']Any tips for moving with a semi-large collection of Lego? Should I break up the sets in ziploc bags and back in their boxes or put them in big storage bins and take the boxes broken down? What about taking sets partly built so I don't have to rebuild them?

I'm moving in early August but I think I should get started packing stuff up now so I can also take an inventory and sell off stuff I don't really want.[/QUOTE]

Last time I moved (and my current plan in a few months when I move again) is to do a combination of all 3. Above all else I would say to use plastic bags even if you choose not to completely break down the sets or boxes because you never know what little piece is gonna fall out. Believe me, a little more effort now will pay off in dividends later.

Age 37 and still buying Lego here. I had some as a kid but it was always the generic block sets none of the real sets. Then I guess it was late 90s I started seeing some sets and thinking they were cool but only bought a few small ones. About 7 years ago I started buying full force.

I have 2 main setups for display. I have a large table in my basement that is the city setup. I'm constantly tinkering with it, but it's currently I believe 8x3 normal sized square base plates in size. Once my roommate moves out I might double up the table to make it twice the size. In my bedroom I have several large custom shelves of castle/medieval/fantasy stuff set up. I've gravitated more and more towards the just the 2 lines because I don't have the space to make any other large displays. I do have the large Star Destroyer from a while back and it takes up a smaller shelf all by itself. Someday I will sell it to buy more expensive City sets...

Space is always a problem though as I did a quick count over the weekend and I'm at over 250 boxed sets unopened. Probably a similar number of polybags but I didn't bother to count those.

Moving tips....I didn't do so well with that when I moved about 5 years ago. Fortunately I had a lot less built than I do now, but I was only moving about 20 minutes away and I was making regular trips each day after work, taking a single large set or several small ones at a time (Along with several regular moving boxes of normal stuff). Sadly one of my roommates decided to "help" me by grabbing a bunch of it one day. I did rebuild some of them, but quite a few of of my sets still sit in jumbled piles waiting to live again.

Got back into buying Legos only like a year or two ago. Had a limited amount as a kid, and I built tons of MOCs, though the colors were always random. I found my last MOC from 16+ years ago in the closet, and it's now sitting on my TV stand.

I'd like to build new MOCs with correct colored pieces, with Gondor at the top of the list. I do have every Tolkien set released other than the Goblin King and Orc Forge... Including I think 2 Helm's Deeps, 2 Morias, and 6 Nazguls from 3 Weathertops.

(They better release a Witch King minifig...)

[quote name='Pirate331']Better than nothing, but I still hate the helmet... why can't they just print the helmet face on a regular minifig head?![/QUOTE]

I have beef with both. The helmet looks oversized, and the minifig head looks undersized. For Iron Man, at least.

I'm 31 and still buy Legos.It's not one of my main hobbies.I only buy about 10 new sets a year(mostly LOTR,Kingdoms,Star Wars) and I don't collect any of the minifigs and stuff like that.
I do have a bad habit of going on ebay a couple times a year and buying old sealed sets from the 1980's that I could never afford as a kid.
I was smart and saved and boxed all the Lego's from when I was young.

I'm going to be 38 soon. I didn't buy Lego during high school and most of college. A girlfriend and the western theme brought me back. Basically I decided I was never going to meet society's standards for "cool" so I might as well have hobbies I enjoy. One of the better decisions of my life.

I don't really display my Lego collection. My friends know I love lego but I keep it mostly in the attic where I build and sort (which is half the fun for me).

[quote name='elessar123']Lol I just saw this on ebay...[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I always like looking at huge listings. whether it could be worth close to his asking price is lost in his disorganized, rambling description. Basically it comes across as this guy bought a ton of bulk listings and is now dumping it all.

Dark Ages
That period in a LEGO fan’s life when he or she sets aside LEGO in favor of school, dating, motor vehicles, and other non-LEGO pursuits.
source

I'm 31. Probably about 3-4 years ago, my wife and I were watching our nephew when he discovered my bin of Lego, which I probably hadn't touched since I was 13 or 14. He found the instructions for the Caribbean Clipper (6274) and asked me to build it. He got bored after probably 10-15 minutes but I finished it after he left. Some short time later my wife caught me lusting after Darth Vader's TIE Fighter (8017) when were shopping and suggested I just buy it. I warned her, there's no turning back if I buy this. There wasn't. Even worse, she's been baptised in the Chruch of Lego and pines after the Modular Buildings and Architecture sets.

My son will be 2 in July and its taken every ounce of will power to keep him from the smaller bricks. He's been getting some cool Duplo sets in the meantime.

I'm 24 and just got back into Lego. It was the Yavin 4 and Mini X-Wing that brought me back.

I am working on setting up a display area and work area for the stuff. While I'm a little worried how this may affect my dating prospects, I'm not sure I care enough to give it up.

[quote name='bigdaddy']AWD has a Haunted House for $146.[/QUOTE]

Missed it. D'oh.

What's up with the crazy 3rd part seller prices on this set? Who the fuck would pay $399.99 with free Prime shipping!?!

[quote name='ArmyOfFun']
My son will be 2 in July and its taken every ounce of will power to keep him from the smaller bricks. He's been getting some cool Duplo sets in the meantime.[/QUOTE]

Haha, my son will be 2 in June and he loves playing with my Woody and Buzz minifigs. I always watch him to make sure he doesn't put them in his mouth, but he is surprisingly pretty good with them. He comes home every day and asks for "Weewee, Buzz" :)

[quote name='mweav067']I'm 24 and just got back into Lego. It was the Yavin 4 and Mini X-Wing that brought me back.

I am working on setting up a display area and work area for the stuff. While I'm a little worried how this may affect my dating prospects, I'm not sure I care enough to give it up.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure there are plenty of female AFOLs, there are at least three that post here. Even LEGO can be artsy if you decide to go that route, I'm really amazed at times what people can build.

Depending on how much you want it the quinjet itself is awesome and seems to be on sale a lot for $54 on Amazon.

If you have a Hulk, I'd trade you it for Iron Man. :lol:

Sadly I won't be able to jump on the Haunted House until mid-late June when I start getting paid for my summer hours.

Is there a repository of Lego sticker sheets anywhere? I have the Lamborghini that I never put stickers on because they went over more than two parts but if I had an extra set, I wouldn't mind using it. Obviously, for this set I can photocopy it onto sticker paper, but what about for old retired sets? It would seem that something like that should already be in place.

No there is no exclusive Iron Man figure, never heard any thing even remotely close to that. There is a Iron Man poly coming out sometime this year but no one knows when, where or even if its an exclusive anywhere. Also I believe the poly figure is just from one of the Iron Man 3 sets.
With this weekend being May the 4th weekend Lego is all about Star Wars. The Lego store is offering a Hoth suit Han Solo with a $75 Star Wars purchase. Thats it, no Iron Man or super heroes promos going on for the release of the movie.

[quote name='Liquid Metal']saw this on slickdeals and tought i would share with you guys here on cag.

http://slickdeals.net/f/6003622-B-w...half-price-at-all-lego-stores-5-4-and-5-5-100[/QUOTE]

B Wing half off? Too bad it's not the Death Star half off :whistle2:(

[quote name='WiiNet']Anyone have an Iron Man from the Quinjet for trade? None of the stores around me ever clearanced out that set.[/QUOTE]

Does it have to be the Iron Man from the Quinjet set? Is that one different/special for some reason? Because if you just want Iron Man, between the IM3 sets and the Loki Escape you can get it much cheaper. I do have an extra from the Quinjet set, but the only trade items I'd be interested in would be various TRU/Target exclusive polybags (do the Lego stores sell these as well, and if so are they still available?) like the Thor cosmic cube, Gandalf or other non-Frodo cooking a sausage ones, Batman, etc. Or of course any Hulk figure or any of the SD Comicon exclusives :lol:. I'll even take a Mr. Gold :lol::lol:

[quote name='karkyco']Does it have to be the Iron Man from the Quinjet set? Is that one different/special for some reason?[/QUOTE]

I think the difference is the unibeam (torso circle).

[quote name='Believeland']So if there not going to be an exclusive Iron Man mini fig for spending $75 at the Lego Store? Was hoping with the release of the movie this weekend.[/QUOTE]

http://www.fbtb.net/2013/04/01/lego-store-calendar-reveals-may-promotions/

May 16th through the 31st: Iron Man vs. Fighting Drone (# 30167) free with $50 purchase.

I don't think the minifigure is exclusive, it looks like the one from Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape (#6867). But I'm not sure about that.

Yeah so it looks like the Iron Man Mk IV armor comes with the Quinjet, Mk VI with Loki's escape and the upcoming poly.

I'd love to get the Mk V (suitcase suit) from Iron Man 2, but that doesn't seem to be available, or at least I don't see a minifig anywhere that looks like it.

Mk 42 comes with the speed boat and Stark's house sets for Iron Man 3, and some other suit comes with the Iron Man 3 set where he's fighting the Mandarin in that ridiculous flame throwing tank thingy.

Wasn't one of the the SDCC exclusives an Iron Man minifig variant? Too lazy to go check, sadly.

Anyway, has anyone seen any new Target clearances on Lego? Just today I picked up a lone LOTR Shelob Attack for $9.98 (50% off) at an out of the way Target that seemed to have odd clearance items. The store did not have any of the LOTR sets, only Hobbit sets, so I'm wondering if that store or any others did another LOTR set clearance. Didn't have time to start punching in all the DPCIs for the other LOTR sets on the instore scanners, particularly since this was the only set I was missing out of the original LOTR sets. Still need to get the Goblin King, Gollum, and Mirkwood Spiders sets for Hobbit though.

[quote name='karkyco']Wasn't one of the the SDCC exclusives an Iron Man minifig variant? Too lazy to go check, sadly.

Anyway, has anyone seen any new Target clearances on Lego? Just today I picked up a lone LOTR Shelob Attack for $9.98 (50% off) at an out of the way Target that seemed to have odd clearance items. The store did not have any of the LOTR sets, only Hobbit sets, so I'm wondering if that store or any others did another LOTR set clearance. Didn't have time to start punching in all the DPCIs for the other LOTR sets on the instore scanners, particularly since this was the only set I was missing out of the original LOTR sets. Still need to get the Goblin King, Gollum, and Mirkwood Spiders sets for Hobbit though.[/QUOTE]

NYCC had an Iron Man fig a few years ago, I'm pretty sure it was a variant.

bread's done
Back