LEGO Deals 3

[quote name='karkyco']
Anyway, has anyone seen any new Target clearances on Lego? Just today I picked up a lone LOTR Shelob Attack for $9.98 (50% off) at an out of the way Target that seemed to have odd clearance items. The store did not have any of the LOTR sets, only Hobbit sets, so I'm wondering if that store or any others did another LOTR set clearance. Didn't have time to start punching in all the DPCIs for the other LOTR sets on the instore scanners, particularly since this was the only set I was missing out of the original LOTR sets. Still need to get the Goblin King, Gollum, and Mirkwood Spiders sets for Hobbit though.[/QUOTE]
Shelob Attack and Gandolf Arrives were the only ones at my location. They still have the rest of the sets you listed in the normal spots at full price.

[quote name='karkyco']the only trade items I'd be interested in would be various TRU/Target exclusive polybags (do the Lego stores sell these as well, and if so are they still available?)[/QUOTE]
The Lego Store doesn't sell any of single-figure or minibuild polybag sets, or at least they didn't when I worked there.

[quote name='Pirate331']The Lego Store doesn't sell any of single-figure or minibuild polybag sets, or at least they didn't when I worked there.[/QUOTE]

Damn, that really sucks. So those truly are "exclusive" sets. :whistle2:(

While speaking of super heroes. I was on the "set. For the new Spiderman 2 they are filming. During lunch you were aloud to go up and down Main Street in Rochester NY that is subbing for NYC.

The back stage crew were very nice. They were "filming" (2 hours and nothing was filmed) a scene where the bad guys cone out of a truck and shoot a ton of cops.

My one Walmart had the Batman vs. Two-Face set for $35, but I'm just not that interested in the set.

Managed to find the Battle Mech, Roller Derby Girl, and Mermaid. Still no bloody Knight though. That bastard is eluding me. I have two options, I can offer up a spare Judge for trade, or I can go back to Walmart in a little while and feel the last three rows of mini-figs I didn't get a chance to. I keep trying to feel for the sword and shield, but can't seem to find it.

Picked up the Captain America Avenging Cycle for $9. Not a great deal, but better than the $13 it was.

Is the B-Wing deal in store only, or will the online store be matching it? I am going to pounce on it if it is only $100.

Also, what are the chances the store would be willing to hold one for a friend of mine if I call them in the morning?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mweav067']
Managed to find the Battle Mech, Roller Derby Girl, and Mermaid. Still no bloody Knight though. That bastard is eluding me. I have two options, I can offer up a spare Judge for trade, or I can go back to Walmart in a little while and feel the last three rows of mini-figs I didn't get a chance to. I keep trying to feel for the sword and shield, but can't seem to find it.

Is the B-Wing deal in store only, or will the online store be matching it? I am going to pounce on it if it is only $100.

Also, what are the chances the store would be willing to hold one for a friend of mine if I call them in the morning?[/QUOTE]

When I was completing my set of series 9, the knight was the frustrating one for me because there were so many of them. The one I couldn't find was the plumber of all things. Guess someone in the area really wanted plungers :) Anyway, with the knight, I thought the easiest way to find him was to look for the feather. There weren't any other small pieces in the series similar to it, and I've always found those the quickest/easiest things to feel for.

And the Lego store has never given me problems with holding items. As long as it's picked up that day.

I also ordered the B-Wing, plus free shipping, plus the Han Solo figure, plus the poster. I'm a little annoyed though, because I was supposed to get an e-mail confirming the order and haven't yet. The order status has it sitting in Customer Service, which kind of worries me.

[quote name='mweav067']I also ordered the B-Wing, plus free shipping, plus the Han Solo figure, plus the poster. I'm a little annoyed though, because I was supposed to get an e-mail confirming the order and haven't yet. The order status has it sitting in Customer Service, which kind of worries me.[/QUOTE]

From what I read at T&B the "customer service" status is the same as order processing. Lego store really is good holding items, they hold it till the end of the day.

I just got my confirmation email, so I should be good.

No need to make the store hold the item anymore. I was going to have the store hold it, and a friend was going to run over and pick it up for me. He was going to visit up this way next weekend, so I would have saved like $10 and a 2 hour trip.

Now I can either open my Captain America Avenging Cycle set or go to Walmart and find that damn Knight.

No need to worry. I ordered mine too (I usually follow the lego deals on neogaf) but we all just ordered and it is normal for a recently placed order to sit there until it processes. Last time I ordered a package from TLG I ended up getting it in about 5 days time. Super happy to see this deal!

Edit - Also just because I haven't seen it the last couple pages back; some of the LOTR sets are getting put on clearance at most Target stores to make way for the new sets. I picked up a shelob set today for 50% off, and I have seen others getting up to half off on gandalf as well. May be worth a look :)

[quote name='Kristopher']No need to worry. I ordered mine too (I usually follow the lego deals on neogaf) but we all just ordered and it is normal for a recently placed order to sit there until it processes. Last time I ordered a package from TLG I ended up getting it in about 5 days time. Super happy to see this deal![/QUOTE]

Not me, everything ships from back east so it can sometimes take damn near two weeks.

I'm hitting up Target in the morning.

I ran to Walmart, and finally found the Series 9 Knight. I now have a complete Series 9. I also have a spare Judge if anyone is interested.

What are the odds of the B wing going back in stock on Lego's site? I am bummed I missed out on the deal and am hoping maybe the B&M store may have them in stock...or that their site will add more.

Toys r us online has matched the price on the B-Wing @ $99.99 with free shipping. I know no Han mini or posters are involved but you do get a free $5 star wars poly mandalorianship(it's something i guess).

I bit cuz I missed out on the LEGO Shop one. Maybe amazon will soon follow. Although they only have 38 so they would be gone so fast. I have the blue jacket hoth han but idk, the brown exclusive one isn't that appealing either. Ugh... why did you put a limit of 5 on the B-Wing LEGO SHOP and not 1 or 2... killing me here. Just giving the hoarders/resellers the chance to load up. :cold:

I thought about pulling on the B-Wing but I really didn't want the set. It wasn't a main ship or character. The price lure me to put it in my basket but I talked myself out of it since I really didn't want to build it or even piece it out. Resell value (short or long term) will be at sale cost or less. As to the resellers, the set tanked fast due to no one buying it. Even Toys R Us matched it, the market will be flooded.

I ended up just buying some minifigures and marvel sets (via Online) so I could get the Han Solo figure.

If anything Lego needs to do what they did with the Millennium Falcon and make a first edition series. I don't buy new sets like that in case they do go on sale like this. The set was $50 overpriced to begin with too, your paying a premium just for the figs. Sucks that some of you couldn't buy it online, I have a Lego store near me but ordered online to save me the trip.

Lego store listed them as available to buy again for anyone interested. Says it won't ship til May 16, but works for me. I just wanted the set.

[quote name='skiizim']If anything Lego needs to do what they did with the Millennium Falcon and make a first edition series. I don't buy new sets like that in case they do go on sale like this. The set was $50 overpriced to begin with too, your paying a premium just for the figs. Sucks that some of you couldn't buy it online, I have a Lego store near me but ordered online to save me the trip.[/QUOTE]

If they weren't matching the sale online I already had a friend willing to go try and grab me one from the Lego Store down his way. Would have saved me a 2 hour trip this morning (one hour there, one hour back).

Found a Weathertop at Target for $41.98 this morning, so I grabbed it.

Probably building the Vampyre Hearse this afternoon, and also the Captain America set. If I like the Captain America set, I may buy more Superhero sets. The only other one that really seems interesting to me though is the Ironman 3 speedboat set, and that's only because it has Ironman and War Machine.

I found a few Hargid's Hut at Walmart today for $19. I don't know where they came from because I know they have not been there in the past few months. I picked up another one even though I have a sealed one still under my bed. Thinking about going back and getting a few more.

I still haven't found any S10 CMF at Target, Walmart, or B&N. I keep telling myself that I won't be checking for Mr. Gold every time I see them but then I see posts on Reddit's Lego subreddit about how people look for 10 minutes and find one.

I was at Target earlier and looked for half an hour and couldn't find a bumblebee girl. But so many sky divers and painters... so many...

I picked up another B-Wing at the Lego Store, I couldn't help it. There were was a pretty big group before opening, I would say at least 20 people. The girl said they only had 90 sets and went through half in about an hour. Not to single out anybody but the Asians were in full force, I saw one guy buy 10 sets.

I found a prisoner transport for $5.98 at Target earlier. Also went to the TRU minibuild for Jek's fighter. Searched for Mr Gold at both stores and of course came up empty. I'd like to say that I am giving up but I know every time I see S10 I'll probably be checking. Oh yeah my wife found of the Friends horse trailer sets for $4.99 at Target. Earlier in the week I went to the Lego SW minibuild and got the holocron droid.

[quote name='skiizim']I picked up another B-Wing at the Lego Store, I couldn't help it. There were was a pretty big group before opening, I would say at least 20 people. The girl said they only had 90 sets and went through half in about an hour. Not to single out anybody but the Asians were in full force, I saw one guy buy 10 sets.[/QUOTE]

lol, I wasn't at mine =P

Whoa! Just got home and heard about the B-Wing. Shop at home had for sale -- I don't really care how long it takes to get here. Free shipping, free minifigure, and $15 off from VIP rewards. That's awesome!

I have had my eye on this set for awhile now. If you've seen it built in the store, it's really quite something. Glad I waited, and glad they let you order it even if it's not in stock.

Thanks for the heads up. I went and grabbed one after missing out this morning.

[quote name='blandstalker']Whoa! Just got home and heard about the B-Wing. Shop at home had for sale -- I don't really care how long it takes to get here. Free shipping, free minifigure, and $15 off from VIP rewards. That's awesome!

I have had my eye on this set for awhile now. If you've seen it built in the store, it's really quite something. Glad I waited, and glad they let you order it even if it's not in stock.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='blandstalker']AWD Ninjago Samurai Mech for $26.77. It's been 29.99 before, but this is a good price + free shipping and possibly no tax.[/QUOTE]

It's been in the $26-$28 range about 5 times now. It's a great sale. And the golden minifigures is better than Mr Gold.

[quote name='El Rey']I found a prisoner transport for $5.98 at Target earlier. Also went to the TRU minibuild for Jek's fighter. Searched for Mr Gold at both stores and of course came up empty. I'd like to say that I am giving up but I know every time I see S10 I'll probably be checking. Oh yeah my wife found of the Friends horse trailer sets for $4.99 at Target. Earlier in the week I went to the Lego SW minibuild and got the holocron droid.[/QUOTE]

I took my son to the TRU build on Saturday also, they let us both build! My piece came from Lego- the one missing from the minecraft set.

I placed my order for the B-Wing at 12:02 AM on May 4th. Now I get an e-mail saying it won't ship for a while.

Not real happy about it, because my order should have been one of the first in the system. Oh well, not much I can do about it I guess.

[quote name='karkyco']Does it have to be the Iron Man from the Quinjet set? Is that one different/special for some reason? Because if you just want Iron Man, between the IM3 sets and the Loki Escape you can get it much cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't have to be that particular Iron Man, I just know a bunch of people were picked up the Quinjet cheap. I think I may just grab one of the IM3 sets. Target knocked a few bucks off (at least online) from a few super hero sets, if anyone cares.

[quote name='WiiNet']Doesn't have to be that particular Iron Man, I just know a bunch of people were picked up the Quinjet cheap. I think I may just grab one of the IM3 sets. Target knocked a few bucks off (at least online) from a few super hero sets, if anyone cares.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the "Extremis boat attack" set is $18, my buddy demonchylde picked it up and it's pretty damn nice, not to mention Iron Man PLUS War Machine, talk about a win. And the Extremis guy can pass for a zombie so there's that...

The giveaway Iron Man that comes with the drone is Mark VII which is in the Loki's Escape set. The Quinjet one is Mark VI. VI has the circle on the chest while VII has the triangle. I have little interest in the Quinjet but it is the only way to get Mark VI and Black Widow. Hopefully I find it on clearance.

You could save money and just buy the minifigs by themselves via ebay, amazon, bricklink, etc. Or buy the quinjet set, keep the figures and sell everything else online.

[quote name='Believeland']The giveaway Iron Man that comes with the drone is Mark VII which is in the Loki's Escape set. The Quinjet one is Mark VI. VI has the circle on the chest while VII has the triangle. I have little interest in the Quinjet but it is the only way to get Mark VI and Black Widow. Hopefully I find it on clearance.[/QUOTE]

I'd wait for the inevitable clearance on them at various stores. I picked them up for $23.98 each IIRC during the winter Target clearance.

I'm more likely to just buy the superhero mini-figs I want from eBay at this point. I like the mini-figs, but the overall sets really don't impress me at all.

[quote name='mweav067']I'm more likely to just buy the superhero mini-figs I want from eBay at this point. I like the mini-figs, but the overall sets really don't impress me at all.[/QUOTE]

That was my plan because I think the sets are all pretty third-rate, but I'm having issues tracking down the minis at a reasonable price.

[quote name='WiiNet']That was my plan because I think the sets are all pretty third-rate, but I'm having issues tracking down the minis at a reasonable price.[/QUOTE]

Exactly! Maybe the figures will come down in price overtime, but right now they are so expensive it's hard not to justify just buying the sets. Hulk is going for $20 and Black Widow for $15. Hopefully a nice coupon comes along as I'd rater just buy Hulk's Breakout for $35/40 and get the additional figures then pay $20 for him by himself.

It looks like people have made some money just buying sets and breaking the pieces up.

I sometimes think about just buying minifigures but often it's easier to find a deal on the set where no matter how junky it is, the price is right for Lego pieces.

The Superhero sets I seem to actually like are the Batman vs. Bane set, the Spider-cycle set, and the Loki set with the truck. Otherwise they just don't impress me much, but if I really find them on the cheap I may grab them.

Got an email back from Lego stating that while my B-Wing is on back order, I will still receive the Han Solo mini-figure (which they are apparently shipping today or tomorrow).

[quote name='Believeland']Exactly! Maybe the figures will come down in price overtime, but right now they are so expensive it's hard not to justify just buying the sets. Hulk is going for $20 and Black Widow for $15. Hopefully a nice coupon comes along as I'd rater just buy Hulk's Breakout for $35/40 and get the additional figures then pay $20 for him by himself.

It looks like people have made some money just buying sets and breaking the pieces up.[/QUOTE]

If you are near a Fred Meyer the Hulk set is 34.99. So is the Teo Face set. Last eeek there was a 10% off coupon so I picked up the Hulk set. Saw a sign for theBatplane set with the Joker for 24.99 but there aren't any in stock at the stores by me.

My B-wing from TRU arrived today... open. Anyone else who ordered one, could I ask a favor? I need a bag breakdown to see if I'm missing anything(don't want to ship back if I don't need to, and I'm not ready to put it together yet). Here's what I have and how they're labled:

Bag# - size/type of bag
1 - two big bags
2 - 1 big
3 - 1 big
4 - 1 big, 1 small
5 - 1 big, 1 small
6 - 1 big
7 - 1 big, 1 small
8 - 1 big
9 - 1 big
10 - 1 big

unlabled - 1 big (with turbine pieces)