LEGO Deals 3

BTW, looks like Target summer toy clearance is ramping up, but I have yet to find a single Lego set on clearance. It's looking like they've sadly wised up and are not discounting the good stuff :cry:
Lego made it to the clearance today at my Target(rest of the toys started last week). Saw a bit of City, creator, monster fighters, star wars, galaxy squad, sponge bob, and amusingly: Lone Ranger. Surprised none of the Ninjago was. A lot of it started out at 30%, instead of 15% as in recent times.

I saw The Lone Ranger tonight. It wasn't too bad, entertaining for sure but not award winning.

Note about Iron Man 3 and The Lone Ranger sets (possible spoiler for both)
The sets are much more relevent and closer to the movie counterpart for LR then they are for IM3 which is nice to see

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone have the link to the trading thread?  I can't seem to find it. I have a couple older ps2 games like both the Shadow Hearts games that I might want to trade for some lego goodies.

Lego made it to the clearance today at my Target(rest of the toys started last week). Saw a bit of City, creator, monster fighters, star wars, galaxy squad, sponge bob, and amusingly: Lone Ranger. Surprised none of the Ninjago was. A lot of it started out at 30%, instead of 15% as in recent times.
My local Target had a bunch of stuff on clearance but started everything at 15% except for 1 of the Star Wars planet sets for 30% off. I hope I can snag a Vampire Castle for 30% off.

Target clearance is all over the place.  I visited 4 today (don't ask).  Here's a summary:

Target 1:  Lego Fire Emergency 60003 for 29.99 (originally 39.99).  And that's it.  (That set doesn't seem worth either $30 or $40)

Target 2:  Nothing worth mentioning.  Some duplo thing and a Hero Factory (old)

Target 3: Mines of Moria for 54.98 (originally 79.99).  Thinking about this, but I don't need another one at that price

Target 4: Daily Bugle Showdown for 34.98 (originally 49.99), GS Vermin Vaporizer for 41.98 (originally 59.99) and TMNT 79104 Shellraiser Street Chase for 41.98 (originally 59.99)

Picked up the Daily Bugle.  Thinking about the TMNT, but I don't want the vehicles at all, so dunno about that.

What was most interesting to me is that the clearances were unique to each store -- most of them had all of these sets, but they were only on clearance at the one and not the others.  What was consistent was they all seemed to be 30% off, so pretty decent if your Target has something you want.

So Target is going the way of Walmart, random at every store.  Which is good news to me because that's how it was to begin with around here.  :lol:

AWD used to add new stock at around 10am eastern, now they seem to do it at 3am which is weird because I wouldn't think they would still be there at midnight counting the messed up boxes.  But there are a few deals for Prime members like the littler Superman yellow car set for $8.59, the Superman $20 set for $15ish.

Legos get ticketed on Thursday but otherwise Target clearance in general is YMMV

Hit up two Targets and the only thing of interest on clearance was the Quinjet, but was only marked down $10.  I'm waiting for the Hulk Breakouts to go on clearance as both stores have a ton of them.  I'm assuming they will be on clearance sometime before the Thor sets come out, and hopefully for more then a couple bucks off. 

Picked up Daily Bugle Showdown at Target on clearance for $35.  Also saw a few other sets on clearance, all 30% off: Galaxy Squad Vermin Vaporizer, SpongeBob Bikini Bottom Undersea Party, Hero Factory Speeda Demon, and some Duplo.  Checked out a different Target, and Daily Bugle Showdown was regular price, though they had Creator Super Racer for 15% off.

Also looked in a TRU and saw some Cars sets marked as clearance.  Debated getting Big Bentley Bust Out, but opted not to.

The Alien Conquest Mothership is 29.99 at my TRU. Other than that I can't think of a single clearanced item. Otherwise I would love to use that coupon :(

The Alien Conquest Mothership is 29.99 at my TRU. Other than that I can't think of a single clearanced item. Otherwise I would love to use that coupon :(
I saw Big Bens Breakout and the oil rig at TRU yesterday. They had tons of those sets, I think both were priced around $50.

Didn't get a chance to go Lego hunting this past week, and probably can't afford any until my next check anyway.

My dad had vacation this past week, so we were able to get to 6 different racetracks in 8 days. Should have been 7 racetracks, but the one got rained out.

I have no interest in seeing The Lone Ranger, and I personally enjoyed Man of Steel. I'm not really a Superman fan, but I really did enjoy that movie.

Anyway, i still have a Series 9 Judge and Series 10 Bee Girl I'm looking to offload. Pretty much anything from Series 10 I don't have will do, and since I only have Bee Girl, Painter, and Amazon Warrior, there's a bunch I need.

Was at my Target last week but nothing of note. The new Lord of the Rings and Coast Guard sets are in. Insane pricing on those Coast Guard sets, good luck getting them to sell. Almost bit on the Wizard Battle set, but I'm going to wait and see if maybe my Target drops it to $10 like it did with Razcal's Glider. They moved a few Hobbit sets to random places but they're still full price.

My Walmart has had an Alien Conqeust UFO set sitting there since Christmas for $14.50. If it were to ever drop by another $4.50 I'd consider getting it possibly.

I agree but I already have one.
I'm contemplating getting another at that price.

AC was my favorite theme in such a long time.
AC was probably my favorite theme since AquaZone in 1995 when I was 9-10. I wish I bought a ton more of the $5 ones that have a soldier and an alien because there weren't enough soldiers in the set (The lone issue with the big UFO, two minifigures in a $60 set). Plus the $5 set was actually $5 during TRU sales. I'm even trying to figure out how to use Bricklink so I can buy a dozen more figures. Even thinking about using the skydiver from series 10 because he's azure, just change the face out and using them in the big double bladed Police helicopter set, because if you saw the preliminary drawings of the theme that was one of the sets.

Went to TRU almost died from the heat getting there. The UFO set was $40, not $30, I bought a Star Wars 2012 calendar, that was $30. Wondered if I should have waited for them to go down to nothing being that it looks like they got even more of them in. Or if it would have stacked at all with the BOGO50%. The Cars Oil rig was $50, the Big Ben was $60, LotR Weathertop was $55.

AWD had a Lone Gunmen Bank / Sheriff set for $37 again, debated buying it, probably should have but I'm hopeful with the movie bombing they will have some for $30ish.

I'm back from my trip to Orlando.  You guys were right about the Legoland theme park, it's suited for kids 5-10.  We still had a good time though and it was the cheapest out of all the other parks, so that was a plus.  The miniland exhibit is pretty awesome and we spent a good hour just looking at all the details in each section.  They had a big pick a brick wall, but there was nothing new or worthwhile.  They also have a "clearance" store, but I didn't really find anything worth buying that I couldn't get here.  They had magnet sets for $5, but they were all the glued versions.

Not Lego, but Downtown Disney does have a Mr. Potato Head pick-a-part section where you can fill up a box with as many parts as you can fit.  We had fun trying to fit as many parts as we could into the box.

lol... The price per brick is over $1, it doesn't look too bad, where did you get that set?
It was a Lego exclusive set back in 1998 or 1999. You had to buy it directly from LEGO, I think before they even had a website. I bought three of them because you need two to make a decent size set and an extra just because it's a LEGO McDonald's.

But the thing is tiny, very late 90s City Jr. feel too it. A couple windows, a few pieces and boom a McDonalds'. The car is nice, but nothing special. it's not a horrible set because it was nice and cheap ($10) but the uniform of the McDonalds worker is a sticker!!!

And the

LEGO Super Heroes Arkham Asylum Breakout
Still $135.

Picked up Lone Ranger Stagecoach, Comanche Camp & TMNT Kraang Escape from Walmart.com in store pick up option. A few dollars off here and there ain't too shabbie. I liked The Lone Ranger movie. It's getting dogged bad, lol.

Jesus people on AWD are sometimes real quick.  They just added a few things, including two Spiderman green flying car sets for $14.64 a piece and a small Superman set for $8.xx.  Total was $23.23 so I went to add on some lotion to make it over $25.

Within three minutes of the stuff being added someone bought all three things!  I really want the Spiderman set.

Jesus people on AWD are sometimes real quick. They just added a few things, including two Spiderman green flying car sets for $14.64 a piece and a small Superman set for $8.xx. Total was $23.23 so I went to add on some lotion to make it over $25.

Within three minutes of the stuff being added someone bought all three things! I really want the Spiderman set.
That's what happens when you add lotion ...

I needed it over $25, I don't have Prime.  They added the Spiderman set back, but I had to catch a bus and couldn't add lube and a dildo to the cart.  I'm meeting up with some jet skiers.  :p

Super YMMV, but I picked up two of the Mining Truck sets(4202) at Kmart for $9.99.  This was the only set that went on clearance months ago, but I left them .  I have no idea why they were $9.99 now.

Target did another new wave of Lego clearance today...bunch of the sets that should have gone on clearance last week finally did this week.

Just checked my local Target. Nothing added or increased and a lot of stuff was sold out. Last time I slid a Vampire Castle behind some Ninjago and its still there but still at 15%. Here's hoping it lasts until 30%.

Scored the Lego Millennium Falcon, and Jabbas Palace for $50 each on clearance at Walmart in Hartselle, AL Last Nite!!!  They also had the Bat Cave for $30.00, but the box was open so I passed. Also had the Lego Police Heavy lift Helicopter for $20.00, but I got it at Kmart for $10 about 2 weeks ago.  I may go back and get the BatCave, and the copter anyways jut for the extra pcs.

I went to two Targets today.  Both had additional clearance.

Target #1.  (This was my best one from last week)

Superman Black Zero Escape 14.98

Lone Ranger Colby City Showdown 34.98

Batman Tumbler Chase 27.98

Galaxy Squad Bug Obliterator 54.98

Target #2

All Spongebob Legos (Heroic Heroes, Flying Dutchman,  Glove World), but only 10% off and Heroic Heroes was 16.98

(about half of Targets have it for 14.98, the other half 19.98)

LotR Mirkwood Spiders 24.98

Monsters Hearse 29.98

Creator Small Cottage 22.98

Creator Highway Speedster 16.98

I picked up the Colby City set.  I almost picked up the Batman set, but I really only wanted the minifigs and there were enough that I can wait that one out.  I'll pick up Black Zero when it hits $10.

I would have picked up several things at the second Target, but the new items were mostly 10% off, even though the first (very small) wave at this store was 30%.  10% = no sale for me.

Again -- generally what was on clearance at the one store was not at the other.  This is a good sale if you happen to have a Target near you like my Target #1.  Otherwise, not so much.  Yet.

My son wants the new batmobile set with Two-face in it...and I can't freakin understand why when we have the Tumbler set you are talking about.
Because he has good taste in a Batmobile. ;)

The problem with the new Batman sets is they are all redos of the old sets, almost exact redos, but they are done even worse off.

I wish LEGO would make a Batman set that has the 60s Batmobile in it, but make it a civilian car because there are probably legal issues otherwise.

I picked up the council of Elrond set from AWD @ 4 this morning. $24 seemed good enough to me. Also picked up the Batman tumbler set @ target for $28. Tempted to get the Kiss Knex figures for $7, but passed on those. Wish the Lone Ranger sets had hit clearance at the store near me.

Wife found a Monster Fighters Crazy Scientist set in the clearance aisle at Target however it was not stickered and rang up at 70% off. I am assuming this was someones stash that was found because not much other Lego was marked clearance and what was, was only 15% or 30% off

My local Walmart had the Ghost Train clearanced to $40.00.
I've been eyeing it on AWD for a while at the 50 dollar price. Needless to say I was tickled pink.

All of the $5.00 friends polybags were also clearanced to $2.50 as well.

Scored the Lego Millennium Falcon, and Jabbas Palace for $50 each on clearance at Walmart in Hartselle, AL Last Nite!!! They also had the Bat Cave for $30.00, but the box was open so I passed. Also had the Lego Police Heavy lift Helicopter for $20.00, but I got it at Kmart for $10 about 2 weeks ago. I may go back and get the BatCave, and the copter anyways jut for the extra pcs.
Awesome clearance prices. Although I guess having to live in or near Alabama is the tradeoff. ;)

Who the fuck is Spider Woman?

Green Arrow is the only awesome one I will never own.  They really should make a set or two with him being that the TV show is a hit by CW standards.

Wife found a Monster Fighters Crazy Scientist set in the clearance aisle at Target however it was not stickered and rang up at 70% off. I am assuming this was someones stash that was found because not much other Lego was marked clearance and what was, was only 15% or 30% off
Nice find. I saw it at two Targets today...for MSRP. Oh well.

Target #1:

SW Z-95 Headhunter for 34.95

GS Bug Obliterator 54.95

Superman Black Zero Escape (sold out -- dunno the price)

Target #2:

Forest Police Station 54.95

Spongebob Heroic Heroes 12.98, Glove World 16.98, Flying Dutchman 21.24

Creator Small House 21.24

Target #3

LotR Attack of the Wargs 34.98 (sold out)

GS Vermin Vaporizer

MF Hearse 29.99

I would have bought the Warg set had there been any. Nothing else really stood out. Almost picked up the Spongebob HH set, but I can wait out more than 15% for those.

Who the fuck is Spider Woman?
You never saw her show? I loved it as a kid.

Spider Woman was another hero with no relation to Spider-Man -- different origin, powers, and everything. For what could have been a knockoff character, she was her own deal and became quite popular with merchandise, a TV show, etc.

And then, one of Marvel's bonehead editors decided her existence somehow lessened Spider Man, and then promptly tried to erase her. It was a very thorough job as she went from a well-known and popular character to an obscure, little remembered one. She's had a bit of resurgence lately on the Avengers.

You can read a bit more about it here on Topless Robot.

I would very much love to own that minifigure, along with Green Arrow, but the chances of that are none too good.

bread's done
Back