LEGO Deals 3

The LEGO store has the elusive Hulk minifig keychain.  $4.99 for the good version of Hulk.  Just takes 10 seconds with a soldering gun to remove the keychain part.  Also: Gold ninja & white Batman.

Here's a random Google Pic of it since the LEGO shop is rather less than ideal when it comes to pics:

Picked up a Big Bentley Bust Out at Toys-R-Us today at 49.98 on clearance. With the current 30% off one clearance item coupon they have, the total came down to 34.99. Not bad.

I'm a little late to collecting the Cars 2 sets, but I'm hoping to pick up the other ones too. The hunt is on!

Picked up a Big Bentley Bust Out at Toys-R-Us today at 49.98 on clearance. With the current 30% off one clearance item coupon they have, the total came down to 34.99. Not bad.

I'm a little late to collecting the Cars 2 sets, but I'm hoping to pick up the other ones too. The hunt is on!
I debated picking that up as well, but I didn't have a coupon on me. Will they apply one automatically at the store?

Really hate that they do these Con exclusives but at least this year the only one I really want is black suit Superman
I really want to use some profane language but I'll resist lol... As cool as they are I'm just pissed because I know I can't buy them cheap, it's ok though.

I debated picking that up as well, but I didn't have a coupon on me. Will they apply one automatically at the store?
I had the coupon pulled up on my phone. If you go to the mobile site and click for the coupon it pulls up one that can be scanned from the phone.

The cashier tried to scan it one time and it didn't work. So rather than try again, she scanned a coupon she had sitting behind the register.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you finding the clearanced sets at Target:

Are they marked as clearance, or do you have to scan the set to find out?

Thanks in advance!

Target is normally marked, but it's been years since I have seen Target Clearance. I suggest looking at what is on sale on here and then scanning everything. Also scan item that have a red dot on the price label, it means they aren't getting more of them, but they might be on clearance.

And from Toys and Bricks....

The new LEGO 10235 Winter Village Market set will officially be unveiled at BrickFête in Toronto tomorrow (July 13th at 7:30 PM EST/ July 14th 12:30 AM GMT).

Toys N Bricks will have the press release along with the images posted on the front page after the times listed above.

I really want to use some profane language but I'll resist lol... As cool as they are I'm just pissed because I know I can't buy them cheap, it's ok though.
Don't feel so bad. At least they're not as cool as the impossible to get Captain American/Iron Man from the Toy Fair a couple years back, or the Phoenix, Black suit Spider-Man, Bizarro, and Shazam from last year's SDCC.

Good day for legos for me.  Didn't find any good prices or clearance, but received the Arkham Asylum Breakout along with a little hot dog vendor bag in the mail as a gift from my mother.  I have no idea when I'll have the time to put it together, but I'm looking forward to it.

Went to two Targets I've been at before, and three that I haven't.

New Target #1:  GS Bug Obliterator and Vermin Vaporizer, 30%.

New Target #2:  GS BO and VV 30%,

New Target #3:  Nothing.  Not a single damn thing on clearance.  (This is North County Square (not Fair) Target in Vista)

The best Target I was at last week, they still have TMNT Shellraiser for the same price and added the SW Z-95 Headhunter for 30% off.  The Batman, Lone Ranger, and Superman sets are sold out.

I also went back to the one that had the first wave at 30% and then added the second wave at 15%.  No additions or price changes.

So, a few general statements:

1) It seems like Galaxy Squad is clearanced nearly everywhere, almost always at 30% off.  It also seems to not be flying off shelves, so these will probably be things you can pick up at 50% off.  Also on clearance most places are Mines of Moria (if your Target even has it) and the SW Planet set with the Jedi craft (but never the other two.  Why?  No idea). 

2) The Superman Black Zero Escape seems to be popular.  I think the set is lackluster and not worth 14.98, but the store I was at just last week had tons and now they're all gone.  Maybe the minifigures are popular or can be resold for more than that?  Whatever. 

3) So far, in my areas, no drops past 30 or 15%, and sets other than those mentioned in #1 being on clearance are completely hit and miss, YMMV, and all that.

I actually think the galaxy squad sets are pretty good, and I love the combining gimmick. Would have absolutely loved these if they came out when I was a kid.

Oh, me too. I didn't mean to imply they were bad. I just wanted to say that if you are interested in the Vermin Vaporizer or the Bug Obliterator, you have a very good chance of getting them at 50% off or more. I will certainly pick up either one at a sub $25 price point.

I finished putting together the Pet Shop modular and the Lone Ranger Stagecoach. Both are terrific sets.

There has been a bunch of new info for new sets this week. The Winter set, another ugly Batman 2014 set with The Flash, and now news about 17, yes 17 LEGO Movie sets.

http://toysnbricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/LEGO-Movie-2013-Special-Building-Sets.jpg

Zombie police, night vision glasses, and the female has awesome hair piece.
Yeah I couldn't believe it... 17 sets.... must be set for a staged release? I can't see them releasing them all at the same time. Maybe a few to hype up the film, then maybe once the film is opening they'll send another wave.

I'm thinking a lot for January, then some for the release in February, and then more for the DVD?

Also interesting that the miniseries series is being taken over by characters of the movie.

So we will get City, Space, and Castle sets based on the movie.  What happens to those theme after?  Are the sets based on the movies, or are the movie things based on the sets LEGO wanted to promote?

I'm a little disappointed in the new Winter Market set. Seems a little too small for $100. The details are nice, just wish there was a larger building included.

We are getting two more horrible Minecraft sets and the BttF set will officially shown off tomorrow.

And someone got into my credit card and bought themselves a $10 video game.  Damn credit cards.

Reviews are up for BttF, printed pieces with bad spelling.

Target.com is having their buy more save more deal on Superheroes again, this time for DC sets (Arkham Asylum was included but is sold out).  Buy 2 get 10% off, buy 3 get 15% off. 

Between this, my redcard 5%, and my employee 10% discount I ended up getting 6862 Superman vs. Power Armor Lex, 6863 Batwing Battle over Gotham City, and 6864 Batmobile and Two-Face Chase for a total of about $75 shipped.  With that I know own every DC Superheroes set except for Arkham, Battle of Smallville, and Metropolis Showdown.

Checked out a Target Clearance today.  They had a lot of sets for 30% off: Spongebob sets, Galaxy Squad Sets, and Creator Sets mostly.  I did pick up a Creator Fierce Flier for $7.48, though.  My store had a ton of these, so I may have been able to wait, but I was happy with the price.

Series 11 is out, great another feel-fest awaits.
Speaking of feel-fest, that girl robot has some nicely subliminal boob-meters :)

Not sure how much I want her, but I already have the standard wind-up, and well...robots need love, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRcXULN6mp4

Scarecrow, Gingerbread Man, & Yeti FTW! Shouldn't be too hard to feel for the ones we want this time.

Checked out a Target Clearance today. They had a lot of sets for 30% off: Spongebob sets, Galaxy Squad Sets, and Creator Sets mostly. I did pick up a Creator Fierce Flier for $7.48, though. My store had a ton of these, so I may have been able to wait, but I was happy with the price.
Nothing to exciting LEGO wise, but I picked up some of the Kreo Transformers Combiners sets for 5.48.

Picked up the Seaside House on AWD for $26 last night. Seemed well worth it.
I hate you. That's a perfect price for that set and almost half off.

However my mom seemed to have found a rather complete 7676 Star Wars gunship for a $1 a church tag sale.

So far it's missing a 1x2 brick with grid marks, 2x4 plat, a windshield and part of a gun arm.

A drop and some new clearance items at Target:

GS Bug Obliterator dropped to 50% off at 39.99

Avengers Quinjet for $54

Hulk Helicarrier Breakout for $35 (none left, dammit)

Lone Ranger Train set for $70

New to this Target were the Batman Tumbler set for $27.98 and the LotR Mirkwood Spiders set for $24.99

I was at this Target on Wednesday, too, and none of these happened then. I would have picked up the Helicarrier for $35. Hopefully, other Targets will put it on clearance, too. Debating the LR Train set and the Bug Obliterator. Both are good sets, the Bug Obliterator is a bargain at $40, but I don't really need either one.

Nothing to exciting LEGO wise, but I picked up some of the Kreo Transformers Combiners sets for 5.48.
I have not seen that either, at any of the Targets I've been at. Nice price, though, and worth it.

Yoyo.com is having a sale, every LEGO set is 15 to 35% off and then Creator sets are another 15% off with a coupon code (That I think is Creator15).

Yoyo.com is having a sale, every LEGO set is 15 to 35% off and then Creator sets are another 15% off with a coupon code (That I think is Creator15).
Yes, that's the right code. You have to buy 2 Creator sets, though. I paired the Small Cottage with the Power Mech and got both for 30.79 + tax. That's pretty good.

If you don't have the Log Cabin and the Small Cottage, that's a good pairing, too.

Also of note are Attack of the Wargs for 37.49 (25%) and MF Crazy Scientist & His Monster for the same. There's a good number of Lone Ranger, Super Heroes, and other things like the Temple of Light or Olivia's House for 20% off.

Free shipping $34.99 and above, and that's before discounts. I got free shipping even though mine ended up being less.

Oh, it sometimes says on the item pages that the CREATOR15 code is for first-time customers. If you check the terms, it's not in there. It works for all customers, but it also says its one-time use.

Leave it to Yoyo....they've revised their sale for pretty much all the non-Creator items.  What used to be 20-25% off is now 10-15% off, so if you're not looking for Creator, don't bother.

Amazon has put a lot of Lego on sale, though, making them close to AWD prices for regular retail items.  toysnbricks.com has a list that I am too lazy to repost.

However my mom seemed to have found a rather complete 7676 Star Wars gunship for a $1 a church tag sale.

So far it's missing a 1x2 brick with grid marks, 2x4 plat, a windshield and part of a gun arm.
WOW!!! I hate you know. Awesome find! Good job mom!!!

One target I checked out had some sets I think are no longer available anywhere, unless new versions have been released? I'm talking the clone wars walking tank and gunship, and some other sets. I've now seen everything on clearance that others have reported finding at target except the hulk heli carrier and the daily bugle, but I have a plan for tracking down any stores that have those sets on clearance. I also found a store that has the malevolence on clearance, $85 ish though, as well as...the new king's castle for $49.98!!! Out of stock but I will return/rebuy at least one, and more if it drops to 70% off in that store's system

WOW!!! I hate you know. Awesome find! Good job mom!!!
I forgot to say it's missing all the minifigures and the speeder bike, and two little driods or mines, however I'm not a Clone Wars guy anyways, I think the minifigures looked stupid.

But it's only missing about 6 main pieces, nothing horrible besides one cockpit. One white piece is now grey, which is weird, but whatever. The official set had over 1,000 pieces, I think this might be the biggest set I have bought, and only for a $1. :lol:

And it was a $120 set, and my mom is like "I think I deserve 20% (Like $25) for finding it", even though she had no clue it was a full set. I gave her a dollar. :lol:

Picked up the Jedi Starfighter with the planet for $7. Probably could have waited, but I like the planet sets and that version of the Jedi Starfighter is my second favorite starfighter next to the A-Wing.

Mostly 30% off at my Target, nothing I was real super interested in. Probably should have grabbed the Daily Bugle set, but didn't want it that badly.

Still haven't gotten around to getting Series 10, maybe with this Friday's paycheck.

Here's an odd one: Minotaurus board game (+ LEGO Battles DS--anyone played that?) for $11.99 at Best Buy. Link Minotaurus has a solid green base plate and a TON of light green 1x3s. Free shipping too.

Wow, that's... amazing... I had a new one, but I ended up selling it to make room and because the new version was coming out.

Looks like I've missed quite a bit of news in the past couple of weeks. That winter set is a must buy for me. It looks great, but it is a bit small.

I will post up some pics of the Lego stuff I saw when I was in Orlando at some point too.

@Target, Daily Bugle was $35 and Heli Carrier was $48.
Sure that's Helicarrier and not Quinjet? That's only $1.99 off.

I have only seen the Helicarrier on clearance at one Target, for $34.99. I went to several new Targets today, and they all had the Helicarrier at MSRP. I've seen the Daily Bugle at 2. Most places are clearing the Quinjet if they have it.

Not much to add. One of the new Targets had the Creator 7347 Highway Pickup for $54, which is about the same as AWD. Most of the new Targets did not have Galaxy Squad on clearance, making this the weirdest Target clearance I've seen. It's pretty much a random crapshoot.

No new drops, no major items. Summer stuff is being blown out at 70% off, but toys stick at 15% or 30%, with only one set I've seen (the Bug Obliterator) at 50% off at one Target.

I don't know if this is commonplace but I went into a Target today and stuff that was being clearanced on Friday (Gungan Sub, superman Black Zero) were no longer on clearance and scanned for full price. Weird.

Here's an odd one: Minotaurus board game (+ LEGO Battles DS--anyone played that?) for $11.99 at Best Buy. Link Minotaurus has a solid green base plate and a TON of light green 1x3s. Free shipping too.
Nice I love the Minotaurus game. Very useful pieces plus a baseplate. It seems to cap order at 3 of it.

Last week the the Target by my house had 4 Quinjets for $59.99; this week 3 for $49.99.  Can I expect the clearance price to drop each week or is it staggered?  Would really like to get one for $39.99.  Also what day ago do the prices drop?

Last week the the Target by my house had 4 Quinjets for $59.99; this week 3 for $49.99. Can I expect the clearance price to drop each week or is it staggered? Would really like to get one for $39.99. Also what day ago do the prices drop?
Target and Walmart clearances are completely random and differ store to store. If your's goes down $10 every week it's worth a shot to check.

Friends "heads up."  

LEGO.com is listing all the new sets(Dolphin Cruiser, High School, Emma's Car, etc) as being released on 8/1.  However my TRU already has the High School(SRP $50).  Of course it comes with the standard TRU markup.  $5 more on the website and over $10 more in store.  

They also had all the Cars sets on clearance.  Prices thus far were only about $5 less than SRP on the bigger sets.

bread's done
Back