LEGO Deals 3

I got a lucky call from my brother.  He always checks for GIJoe or Lego on clearance at Target and WM for me.  He saw some clearance Joes at a WM I'd just hit the previous week.  The kicker was that a manager was marking all of the 30% clearance pricing an additional half off in their system.  She hadn't hit the Lego aisle yet so I jumped in the car and drove over.  

When I got there, the woman asked what sets I wanted and would let me know if they qualified for the extra discount.  I ended up getting the unexpected gathering for $25, bug obliterator for $27, SW headhunter for $17, Attack of the Wargs $17 and a bunch of other sets with the same discount.  The effective discount was 65% off so I filled my trunk.  If only they had any of the larger SW sets like Jabba's Palace, Malevolence or Sith Interceptor! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Somebody got one for $50 not to long ago, I saw a shelf tag for $95 at the store last week so I'm sure there out there but that set from my personal experience has been limited.
I got it for $50, along with the Millenium Falcon for $50. Cheapest Ive seen either in any other walmart is $90 for the falcon, and 60 for the palace

Saw a lot clearanced at a Walmart today which I only went to because they sent me a $5 promo coupon.  Picked up Turtle Lair Attack for $35.  Also debated the Batwing for $25, but held off.  Would have picked up Superman vs. Lex Luthor for $13, but they ran out.  I saw a lot of what other people saw, but also Weathertop for $40, Unexpected Gathering for $55, Gungan Sub for $40 (thought about this one), Shredder's Dragon Bike for $17, Tie Fighter for $35 (none left though), Space Warp Stinger for $21, Excavator Transport for $30, Star Wars minifigure sets for $9, and then I saw Rancor Pit, Mines of Moria, and some additional Galaxy Squad and Ninjago that I don't remember the prices on.

Why are the red hot deals from tru so terrible! I suppose the Lego Hobbit Riddle set ($7.49) being 25% off isn't too bad...

I was just curious, do you guys find these deals and then resell them, collect them in their boxes, or open them and build them?

Hearing all you guys get the superman/lex/wonder woman set for 13 makes me want to go and see if my local walmart has them at that price. But i have to wait until next week maybe. Hopefully there will be some of those left, if not other sets ive been wanting to get.

I was at my local TRU on Saturday (Westland, MI). It looked they reset & expanded their Lego section. At least 4 TS Western Train Chase (7597) in mint condition showed up on the shelves as a result. I want to say they rang up at $65? A couple TRU exclusive Dino Hunter sets showed up as well.

I was just curious, do you guys find these deals and then resell them, collect them in their boxes, or open them and build them?

Hearing all you guys get the superman/lex/wonder woman set for 13 makes me want to go and see if my local walmart has them at that price. But i have to wait until next week maybe. Hopefully there will be some of those left, if not other sets ive been wanting to get.
I will eventually open and build them. I have never understood keeping them in their boxes. My BIL used to buy action figures in pairs, one would be kept unopened, the other would be opened and displayed / played with.

It's strange, if I learn someone beat me to a deal, I don't care. If I learn they're only interested in flipping, I get annoyed. It shouldn't matter to me, but it does. I know some flippers do so to self fund their hobby and I can't be mad at that. I do understand the temptation, I could probably make a quick profit on those Toy Story sets ...

Where would be the best place to pick up the Lego Marvel Heroes Spider Cycle Chase? I only really want it for the Venom and Nick Fury, but I see it's better to get them at retail rather than buy each one on eBay...

Where would be the best place to pick up the Lego Marvel Heroes Spider Cycle Chase? I only really want it for the Venom and Nick Fury, but I see it's better to get them at retail rather than buy each one on eBay...
Yeah I'm looking for that set too. It's $17 on Amazon, Yoyo has had it for BOGO50% making it $15 twice I think.

I open the sets, unless they are doubles, then I leave them in the box because it's easier to store and see if the set prices go up insanely before I want to open them. I only have 6-7-8 unopen sets, including the McDonalds (only set I ever bought to resell and never have) and

I keep and build all of them with my kids.

I bought a lot of Gears of War figures, some bioshock figures too. I keep those in packages because im not going to play with them, i just really like them. But Legos i could see me buying some and building them for display. I generally like the ones that have buildings more than vehicles. But the ones with vehicles are generally cheaper. I just asked because i recall someone saying how the boxes had clearance stickers on them that you cant peel off, so i thought that would be a problem for collectors or resellers. Plus i was curious how many people might see something on sale and buy them all instead of just buying one for themselves.

Why are the red hot deals from tru so terrible! I suppose the Lego Hobbit Riddle set ($7.49) being 25% off isn't too bad...
There deals suck because most if not almost all of there sets are priced over MSRP. When a deal came along it would bring it a few dollars under MSRP if that. The only times I've taken advantage of sales at TRU is when they stack, usually they have like a b1g1 or 20% off and they have a save $15 off a $75 dollar purchase.

I've bought so much I kind of created a Lego backlog. :cold: I let my daughter build what ever she wants though,

she's really getting into Lego right now so were putting dents into it.

I buy with the intention of building. Sometimes it takes awhile.

I got Jabba's Palace ages ago, and only started it yesterday.

It depends more if I want to enjoy the sets (in which case I tend to put it off more) or the minifigs, in which case I'll go sooner than later. I built the SpongeBob Flying Dutchman mainly for the minifigs, and then found myself enjoying the set quite a lot.

That said, if I don't open it immediately, it creates some possibilities. I got one of The Zombies MF sets from Target, and now I'm debating whether I want to build it or sell it, since the price on that is now currently insane. I mainly wanted the minifigs, but I can buy a lot of minifigs for what I can now sell the set for. I haven't made up my mind.

It's funny, because if you go to eBay now and do a search on newly listed Lego sets, you'll see an inventory that looks like this thread -- all Target and Wal-Mart clearance.

I have to admit it kind of annoys me. What if I miss out on a clearance item because some bought it solely to flip on eBay. Worse -- the people who are flipping them now are stupid. They're not going to go for much while they're still on clearance.

Hearing all you guys get the superman/lex/wonder woman set for 13 makes me want to go and see if my local walmart has them at that price. But i have to wait until next week maybe.
Get it if you can find it. Superman and Wonder Woman alone are worth $13. The rest is gravy :)

Ran across the "clearance" at Kmart someone mentioned a few pages back.  What a fucking joke.  It was a great selection, some LOTR, some DC, some Creator, just a bit of everything.  However the "clearance" price was $1 under SRP no matter how big the set.   :lol:  I checked every clearance set (maybe 10-12 sets) and all of them were $1 off.

Ran across the "clearance" at Kmart someone mentioned a few pages back. What a fucking joke. It was a great selection, some LOTR, some DC, some Creator, just a bit of everything. However the "clearance" price was $1 under SRP no matter how big the set. :lol: I checked every clearance set (maybe 10-12 sets) and all of them were $1 off.
I think they started doing that so when they have a 50% off clearance it's no longer 80% off a set. :)

yoyo.com has 20% off all LEGO when you buy three or more, up to $50 off, use code LEGO20!

thanks for the heads-up everyone (just started following this thread); grabbed a Mirkwood Spiders and Spongebob Undersea Beach Party at my local WM today.

I thought about what I said previously in regards to the return/rebuy "debate" and lurking instead of contributing, and decided to continue to participate and contribute rather than be a lurker. Shopping morals or lack thereof aside, return/rebuy is not illegal...it's obviously just frowned upon by a few individuals, like masterbating on an airplane.  And those individuals are most assuredly entitled to their opinions, as am I.

That said, as a peace offering to anyone who has been tragically maimed, injured, and/or otherwise butthurt by the moral depravity that is return/rebuy, I decided to put together as comprehensive a list as possible of the sets that have been (and continue to be) on clearance this cycle at one or more Targets, along with their DPCI numbers, lowest price I've seen them at (almost all 70% off), and links to the mobile/online inventory tracker for each.

Some notable sets that were missing from the previous list that someone posted, which I have personally seen and can confirm are part of this clearance cycle, are Helm's Deep, Goblin King, Wizard Duel, City Fire Chief, King's Castle, Lone Ranger troop set, SW Malevolence, and SH Captain America Cycle.  Also a couple of Friend's sets (Camper and the magic trick), and quite a variety of Duplo sets I didn't bother noting DPCIs for.  If anyone has any additional Legos or toys to add, or has found these cheaper, just let me know.  I marked the Hulk Hellicarrier Breakout and LR Mine set as "N/A" for price as I have not found either of these sets on clearance, much to my chagrin.  I have also NOT found any other sets on clearance, regrettably, including any other SW, SH, City, or GS sets, the LOTR Pirate Ship, Council of Elrond, Riddle of the Rings, Gathering, LR Stagecoach, MF Ghost Train, or MF Monster. And absolutely no Chima or Ninjago on clearance this time around, which I don't find surprising as I think the kiddies must eat that shit up.

GS Vermin Vaporizer 204-00-0584 $17.98

GS Bug Obliterator 204-00-0579 $23.98

SH Quinjet 204-00-4165 $21.98

SH Hulk Hellicarrier Breakout 204-00-4166 N/A

SH Wolverine's Chopper Showdown 204-00-0971 $5.98

SH Catwoman Chase 204-00-1176 $3.88

SH Captain America Cycle 204-00-4167 $3.88

SH Daily Bugle 204-00-0636 $14.98

SH Superman Black Zero Escape 204-00-0898 $5.98

SH Batman/Bane Tumbler Chase 204-00-0627 $11.98

TMNT Shellraiser Street Chase 204-00-0620 $17.98

LR Troop Set 204-00-1037 $3.88

LR Comanche Camp 204-00-1038 $5.98

LR Colby City Showdown 204-00-1040 $14.98

LR Mine 204-00-1041 N/A

LR Constitution Train Chase 204-00-1042 $29.98

City Fire Chief Car 204-00-0646 $3.88

CIty Fire Emergency 204-00-0575 $11.98

City Forest Police Station 204-00-1156 $23.98

CIty Museum Break-In 204-00-0581 $20.98

Creator Transport Chopper 204-00-0460 $8.98

Creator Highway Pickup 204-00-0133 $20.98

Creator Small House 204-00-0591 $7.48

Creator Tree House 204-00-0899 $8.98

Creator Log Cabin 204-00-0916 $8.98

Creator Beach House 204-00-0136 $11.98

Spongebob Flying Dutchman 204-00-1181 $7.48

Spongebob Heroic Heroes 204-00-1078 $4.48

Spongebob Glove World 204-00-1079 $5.98

LOTR Wizard Duel 204-00-0744 $3.88

LOTR Mirkwood Spiders 204-00-0718 $8.98

LOTR Attack of the Wargs 204-00-0717 $14.98

LOTR Orc Forge 204-00-0539 $11.98

LOTR Mines of Moria 204-00-0518 $23.98

LOTR Goblin King 204-00-0706 $29.98

LOTR Helm's Deep 204-00-0421 $35.98

King's Castle 204-00-0752 $29.98

MH Wer2ewolf 204-00-0494 $5.98

MH Hearse 204-00-0495 $11.98

MH Vampyre Castle 204-00-0502 $29.98

SW Planet TIE Bomber and Asteroid Field 204-00-0213 $2.98

SW Planet Jedi Starfighter and Kamino 204-00-0162 $2.98

SW Z-95 Headhunter 204-00-0619 $11.98

SW Malevolence 204-00-0222 $35.98

Friends Magic Trick 086-02-1521 $2.98

Friends Camper 086-02-0242 $11.98

Is there a "best way" to see if the sets in-stock nearby are actually on sale? (short of driving out there? I've already spent a few sets worth on gas lately between the target and wal-mart sales... not that I'm complaining... too much, anyway!)

Nope, every store is different and you have to drive there to see.  If you only want one set you probably could call and see what the price is.  However as a retail worker that gets really annoying the more sets you ask for a price on.

Is there a "best way" to see if the sets in-stock nearby are actually on sale? (short of driving out there? I've already spent a few sets worth on gas lately between the target and wal-mart sales... not that I'm complaining... too much, anyway!)

I'm not sure if you go to a store and find a helpful employee if he can check on his scanner and see what prices they have at other stores.

If anyone has any additional Legos or toys to add, or has found these cheaper, just let me know. I marked the Hulk Hellicarrier Breakout and LR Mine set as "N/A" for price as I have not found either of these sets on clearance, much to my chagrin.
There's two things I can add to the list: Creator Highway Speedster 204-00-0595 $7.48 and SW Umbaran MHC 204-00-0671 $14.98. Oddly enough, the LR Mine was just stocked a few days ago for the first time, at my local Target. It's now the only LR set on the shelves. Sadly, they never carried the LR Train, and I wasn't able to find a store that clearanced it.

Thanks for the replies, everyone... I was hoping someone might have a "magic" site that actually checks prices per store. That'd be some'n, no?

I know it's YMMV but my Wal-Mart had nearly all of the LOTR sets on clearance.  They were all a good $9+ off each of the bigger sets.  I'm not into that line, so I couldn't give you a set rundown(sorry), but it seemed like all but but "an Unexpected Gathering" were on clearance.   "Hobbit Riddles was also a couple bucks off.

They also had Stephanie's Convertible for $11 (reg $15)which is now out of print and hard to find.  

Lastly Doc Ock's Ambush was also a good $9 off.

The 2014 Star Wars list....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/legoboy-productions/9500893758/

Tons of shit!  More mini ships without a planet (what's the fucking point then?)  ANd now we are up to episode 3.  Hopefully in the summer we get to episode 4 and some decent sets.  the later half of 2014 and 2015 should be 90% classic trilogy leading into Episode 7 in 2016.  (Yes I know it's supposed to come out in 2015, I just don't think it will.)

I said I can't stand more police sets on Eurobricks, they took it like I insulted their mothers.  Here come the pitchforks.  

Isn't there 12 of the planet sets? So that would be 4 series. But that seems to be the end.

Here are the 12 if you are looking to collect them all...

http://www.brickset.com/browse/themes/?theme=Star%20Wars&subtheme=Planet%20Set

I really want to know if TMNT continues because I'm hoping for decent sets to get the 4 turtles.
I was also looking at getting all the turles. Shredder Bike, Kraang set, and TMNT Lair i think is all you need to get all four turtles, shredder, splinter, Kraang, and a couple foot soldiers. Your looking at 75 bucks at walmart.com

Im wondering what other super hero sets will be coming out. I know there is a batman and superman movie in the works so i bet there will be something with those. A new thor movie soon too.

I thought the main reason we got episode 2 sets (and I assume episode 3 coming up) was because of the rerelease of the movies in theaters, which was cancelled.

Maybe, but I think both episode 2 and 3 were going to be released this year.  So now that LEGO has time to make change their release schedule I think that we will get more sets with the real movies and the new one.  The first round of Episode 7 sets I have a feeling will be crap because of how rushed this movie is going to be.

question about target toy clearance. Whats the lowest it goes. I found a quinjet set for $35 at target but I would LOVE to buy it for 75% off or even more. Thanks for the help.

I'm love to buy it for 90%, just like every other set.  ;)

There is no minimum, it varies from store to store.  I'd buy it for $35, doubtful you will find it for $20ish.

question about target toy clearance. Whats the lowest it goes. I found a quinjet set for $35 at target but I would LOVE to buy it for 75% off or even more. Thanks for the help.
A lot depends on the starting discount. For most places, the quinjet started at 15%. That means the standard discount levels would be 15%/30%/50% and then it will be salvaged. Some of the lego started at 30%, which meant it went 30%/50%/70%. There are always a few exceptions here and there, but those are the standard discounts and markdowns should be 2 weeks apart. One of the problems with this round was that a lot of stores were too lazy to mark down things every two weeks and missed one level of discount (usually the 15% -> 30%). Expect that quinjet to be salvaged this week if you do not buy it.

Some Super Hero news I stole from Eurobitches...

My guesses for prices and figure amounts...

76010 The Penguin Face off - $13 (2 figs)
76011 Man-Bat Attack - $20 (3 figs)
76012 The Riddler Chase $30 (3 figs)
76013 The Joker Steam Roller $50 (5 figs)
76014 [Retail Exclusive set] - $40 (4 figs, and I wanna say something to do with Pyg)

If we're lucky, maybe we can get a sixth set, making two exclusives? They do it with Star Wars and City all the time, and with Toy Story 3... I would guess that to be either a Green Lantern or Superman set, y'know, for The LEGO Movie.
default_blink.gif

You're dead on! Okay so here's what I can remember from the images:

The Penguin Face-Off: Might be one of the best $13 LEGO sets ever. Comes with Batman, the Penguin and two robot penguin henchmen with dynamite. Batman has some sort of jet ski (I can't recall if it's similar to the polybag) and the Penguin has a duck-like flotation ride similar to the Batman Returns design.

The Man-Bat Attack: Batman, Robin (I thought it might've been Nightwing, but he looks really cool!) and Man-Bat. Really cool looking Bat-Helicopter. Could retail for $25

The Riddler Chase: We've all seen it.

The Joker Steam Roller: This is the one I'm most excited for. 5 total minifigures, but all I could make out was Batman and the Joker (purple hat included!). While the box art made it look like two heroes and three villians, I am not ruling out the possibility of the other hero being Nightwing. The Steam Roller looks ridiculously awesome, with a ton of great colors. Batman's vehicle is a jet, with similar wing functionality to that of the Republic Striker from the Old Republic line.

You bastard! That set is so cool, I need to catch up on my UCS. I need to get the executor before it goes OOP.

@Liquid Metal, Most high traffic Targets are not going to discount things heavily. This is why you see some outrageous deals posted sometimes, I think with the mix of soccer moms and investors shopping at Target seem to have dried up inventory. I remember a few years ago I was able to do my Christmas and Birthday shopping with ease, it's gotten harder especially with the higher end toys.

Maybe they just g though Target's trash.   ;)

Didn't we have someone here who found a few Star Wars LEGO sets, minus the mini figures, in the BN trash?

Depends on the product, and depends on the store, but usually at the Target I worked at salvaged meant getting thrown away. A lot of displays get thrown away, including Christmas tree displays. They used to get donated, but the last couple years I worked there it was a legal thing and they had to be tossed. Say someone got hurt from one of them because it was put together incorrectly, Target could find themselves in a lot of trouble since those displays are put together by employees. I remember one year we had a huge stuffed Domo, maybe 2-3 feet tall. I asked if I could take it since I worked for anime conventions and thought it would a cool giveaway item, but no dice, it had to be destroyed.

I went to my local walmart and wow they were cleaned out. They did still have some super hero sets, but the superman, lex, wonder woman set was still at 19.99.

Then i went to kmart and most of their clearance stuff were only 1 dollar off, but what i did see was a sign saying kmart rewards members get 40% points back on clearance toy purchases. I was almost going to get the hulk harrier breakout for 47, which would net me 19 dollars in kmart points back, but decided to wait. But wow that is a really good deal if you can find some sets you really like. I think it was from the 11th to 18th.

bread's done
Back