LEGO Deals 3

TRU has some more lackluster deals this week on lego. They can all be found here http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=23729756&csm=504463601&csc=3072947&csa=504208601&csu=3065792&camp=CME:EM111013A#Up+to+30%+Off+Arts+&+Crafts,+Building+Sets+&+more. If anyone else following this thread got in on that groupon for TRU you can get the castle gold getaway set for a decent price. I ended up paying $5 out of pocket and used one of my $10 groupons  that I got for 6 making the set $11. I am all out of groupons now but ended up with 12 series 11 minifigs, a tanker truck, and the gold getaway set for $35. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought the Architecture Studio set for $95 + tax at B&N last night. I had signed up for the B&N Kids' Club to get the welcome/introductory 30% off coupon and stacked it with the 10% discount from the B&N Member Program.

The 30% off coupon is good for 1 month after your enrollment date.

https://kids.barnesandnoble.com/kidsclub/

If you're enrolled in the B&N Member Program, remember that the 10% discount only applies in-store.

Picked up the train station on AWD for $36, and the Rancor pit for $32. Been waiting awhile for a decent price on the Rancor, now I may need to get Jabba’s palace to go with it.

Picked up the train station on AWD for $36, and the Rancor pit for $32. Been waiting awhile for a decent price on the Rancor, now I may need to get Jabba’s palace to go with it.
I'm glad you got it. I saw it and was going to post it, but fell asleep (I have a cold). The Bat vs Bane set has been on AWD a few times recently for $22 if anyone wants those mini figures.

I'm hoping one of these years we get a real nice train station, but I'm starting to doubt it.

The daily bulge Spiderman set is only $30ish right now on AWD. I bought it for $35 and it's a great set with 4 exclusive mini figures and the best building Lego has done in years (That isn't $150).

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Super-Heroes-Daily-Showdown/dp/B00A850VBA/ref=sr_1_14?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=merchant&ie=UTF8&qid=1384307464&sr=1-14&keywords=lego

It's rather large considering the size of the minifigure. It's a new piece that connects to the feet, looks like a strap on.

That's the second time I have had that typo. :lol;

I bought the Architecture Studio set for $95 + tax at B&N last night. I had signed up for the B&N Kids' Club to get the welcome/introductory 30% off coupon and stacked it with the 10% discount from the B&N Member Program.

The 30% off coupon is good for 1 month after your enrollment date.

https://kids.barnesandnoble.com/kidsclub/

If you're enrolled in the B&N Member Program, remember that the 10% discount only applies in-store.
Nice find. What do you think of the set so far? Is it worth $100?

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the 40% off coupon B&N just had with toys, I'm sure it's already over but it only extended to selected stores.

I want to keep collecting those modulars, but man they are expensive.  So far I have the Cafe Corner, Green Grocer, and the Grand Emporium, so I'm missing quite a few.  I don't even want to open my sealed CC since they are selling for crazy amounts.  Maybe I should quit while I'm ahead and sell what I have to not have to worry about it.  

I want to keep collecting those modulars, but man they are expensive. So far I have the Cafe Corner, Green Grocer, and the Grand Emporium, so I'm missing quite a few. I don't even want to open my sealed CC since they are selling for crazy amounts. Maybe I should quit while I'm ahead and sell what I have to not have to worry about it.
Do what I did, sell them and be done with them! The sets individually are expensive `but grateful they don't release four modular's a year.

I suggest selling them.  I love them, but I could never spend $130 on them (I'd buy them from AWD) and can't build them then realize they will be worth several hundred down the road.  My mom found a Pirate set for $15 in the box from the early 90s worth like $100 and it's just sitting around collecting dust.  Same with a McDonalds and now the box is starting to get really screwed up.

Legos are meant to be build / played with.

What I plan on doing is I have so many damn pieces I could slightly redo the sets with the pieces I have.

Yeah, I really should... but they are precious to me... :lol:

I'm also collecting the Winter Village series and those are starting to get a bit out of hand too.  At least the toy shop and bakery were $60, but they are creeping up towards the three figure mark.

They aren't creeping up, they have hit it, the newest one is $100.  I makes me a little happy because I never bought them, and if they kept the series in the $50-$75 range it would be awesome.  Now it's just out of hand.

At least keep Green Grocer ... it's the only one I've built, having bought and sold a Cafe Corner, Grand Emporium, and Cinema ... I don't know, they're all awesome but there's something about Green Grocer that makes it my favorite ... maybe because I can't sell it because I already opened it ;-)

Its funny you say that since its the only one I've built too. I just recently got the GE, having traded a couple of star wars sets for it.

A whole bunch of crap was on sale today at TRU, the one most notable for me was Battle of Hoth for $29.99. I left a $5 coupon at home so I need to go back and get it later on. It's a TRU exclusive and I have no idea if it would be any lower but for 50% I will bite!

Primm is failing us!   :lol:

TMNT TRU exclusive set, Baxter's Ugly Robot for $25 this week, 38% off. Already $65 on a 3rd party on Amazon.  I was thinking about buying a second just for resale.  The best part is you get a free tree with anything over $20.  Mine only had a few trees left.

I also had a $5 rewards coupon.  So for $21.50 after tax I got an exclusive $40 set, a $4 tree.  Real happy.

They also had the Lone Ranger sets.

Train is $65.

Coach is $20 (Great set)

Cobly City is $32.

The rest I didn't pay attention too, way too busy.

Was at TRU this morning and picked up the Christmas tree poly, saw a few things mentioned on sale but not the Hoth set, may go back on payday if the sale is still going on

Was at TRU this morning and picked up the Christmas tree poly, saw a few things mentioned on sale but not the Hoth set, may go back on payday if the sale is still going on
I just got home from purchasing it, the TRU I went too didn't have it tagged but the one I went to earlier did. I ended up paying $26.99 with a $5 coupon they sent in the mail yesterday with the a free Christmas Poly with a purchase of $20 or more on any Lego purchase. When I scanned the set to make sure I wasn't going crazy the date shown said 11-17 to 11-22, the online price made me question myself, $69.99 O_O. They also had $15 off the 2013 advent calendar but those were sold out.

Should have looked for that Hoth set, looks great!  Hoth has my favorite Star Wars ships, the snow speeder, AT-AT.  I already have two snow speeders (the first one and one I got at Kmart for $18) but it looks cool for $30.

Damn.  AWD had a Dragon Castle thing for $25.15 (50%) off and when I went to add a flashlight (Christmas gift) someone else got it.  Didn't really need, or like it even, but the pieces would be nice for other castles.

And there is an XMen helicopter set for $12.30.

A whole bunch of crap was on sale today at TRU, the one most notable for me was Battle of Hoth for $29.99. I left a $5 coupon at home so I need to go back and get it later on. It's a TRU exclusive and I have no idea if it would be any lower but for 50% I will bite!
More like 40% off of MSRP since TRU marks it up an extra $10 bucks. Same with the Baxter robot, $40 MSRP but $50 at TRU.

Primm is failing us! :lol:

TMNT TRU exclusive set, Baxter's Ugly Robot for $25 this week, 38% off. Already $65 on a 3rd party on Amazon. I was thinking about buying a second just for resale. The best part is you get a free tree with anything over $20. Mine only had a few trees left.

I also had a $5 rewards coupon. So for $21.50 after tax I got an exclusive $40 set, a $4 tree. Real happy.

Train is $65.

Coach is $20 (Great set)

Cobly City is $32.

Primm is failing us! :lol:

TMNT TRU exclusive set, Baxter's Ugly Robot for $25 this week, 38% off. Already $65 on a 3rd party on Amazon. I was thinking about buying a second just for resale. The best part is you get a free tree with anything over $20. Mine only had a few trees left.

I also had a $5 rewards coupon. So for $21.50 after tax I got an exclusive $40 set, a $4 tree. Real happy.

Train is $65.

Coach is $20 (Great set)

Cobly City is $32.

lol... I think primm has his hands full with BF and the holidays just around the corner.

More like 40% off of MSRP since TRU marks it up an extra $10 bucks. Same with the Baxter robot, $40 MSRP but $50 at TRU.
The set itself isn't much, more like two battle packs plus a snowspeeder which makes this set incredibly over priced but the set being an exclusive I don't see it selling for less unless the Lego stores clearance them out but like Big Daddy said, if you received the $5 coupon in the mail plus the inclusion of the Christmas Tree makes this a pretty solid buy.

Black Friday summary so far.

Target is going to have the Forest Police Station for $50. Not the best deal unfortunately.

TRU ad can be found here: http://bfads.net/Black-Friday/Toys-R-Us?search=lego The highlight for me is Town Square for $75 but I won't be able to make it to TRU that day.

Kmart has BOGO50 on City, Star Wars, Factory, and TMNT only.
I noticed TRU's sale on the Town Square, and that it started at 5 am. Is it reasonable to believe that I could get there about 5 and get the set, or is it people's experience that they go fast?

You can check online through out the night to see if the set goes on sale at night, if you get there when the store opens at least in my area it's going to take you a few hours just to get in the store. I have no idea how this year is going to be since a lot of stores are opening early Thanksgiving day.

You can check online through out the night to see if the set goes on sale at night, if you get there when the store opens at least in my area it's going to take you a few hours just to get in the store. I have no idea how this year is going to be since a lot of stores are opening early Thanksgiving day.
Says in store only :( It wouldn't hurt to check, though, there is one TRU that everyone avoids in my area. I've found door busters there at 1 pm Friday after a 9 pm Thanksgiving opening.

The TRU near me was full today and if you get there at 5am Friday there will not be anything left in the store, everything was already bought and stolen.  There was a line one year that started at 6:30am and you would checkout at 10:30am.  When I was there the line was only 45 minutes.

I noticed TRU's sale on the Town Square, and that it started at 5 am. Is it reasonable to believe that I could get there about 5 and get the set, or is it people's experience that they go fast?
Base on previous years, the system will actually put the item on sale before the 5AM start time., maybe an half hour to an hour prior. With this sale staring a good 12 hours after the store opens, and that they are limiting one per person, it's a good possibility.

I've never had issues at multiple TRU and Target locations on BF.  People often put things in their cart and never end up buying them.  I remember the year TRU had the MTT for $50 and Target had the Star Destroyer for $60.  I didn't leave the house till 10am.  I bought the last few SD's at Target and they were happy to get rid of the BF specials that had limits in one shot.  TRU didn't limit me and I was glad since Lego said they'll never make it again.  $400 each now!  In more recent years the specials haven't been that attractive and I've seen everything last through the end of the day into the next.  

I've never had issues at multiple TRU and Target locations on BF. People often put things in their cart and never end up buying them. I remember the year TRU had the MTT for $50 and TRU had the Star Destroyer for $60. I didn't leave the house till 10am. I bought the last few SD's at Target and they were happy to get rid of the BF specials that had limits in one shot. TRU didn't limit me and I was glad since Lego said they'll never make it again. $400 each now! In more recent years the specials haven't been that attractive and I've seen everything last through the end of the day into the next.
I think that was the last year that had Black Friday Lego deals I really wanted, and that was five years ago. I usually save my Lego money for post Christmas clearance, although those can be really hit or miss lately.

I was close to picking up another LR Train today...$65 is a really good price as you can use the money you save to motorize it.  But then I get the feeling that LR sets are going to universally clearanced like the Prince of Persia sets, and I bet I could get it for $50 or less.

Thanks to everyone pointing out the TRU sale. I had given up on finding really good deals at TRU, but the combo of the sale and a $10 off $100 purchase coupon I got in the mail made it pretty sweet. Finally got a TMNT set.

Thanks to everyone pointing out the TRU sale. I had given up on finding really good deals at TRU, but the combo of the sale and a $10 off $100 purchase coupon I got in the mail made it pretty sweet. Finally got a TMNT set.
What else did you get, I'm tempted to go back and get the castle sets, their almost 50% off.

What else did you get, I'm tempted to go back and get the castle sets, their almost 50% off.
I got the Hoth set mentioned here earlier plus the stage coach and Colby City Showdown sets. The castle gold getaway set at $10.98 is almost an actual 50% off MSRP. I picked up the last one.

Yeah I need to go back sometime to get the Caste Gold Getaway.  $11 is just too good!  Hope they have some left along with some trees.

I got the Castle Gold Getaway for the nice price of $11, but I didn't think to scan any other Castle sets. Is anyone finding more Castle deals?

I had about $10.xx of Amazon credit, and the UFO Alien Conquest was up for $23.xx for a good version on Amazon Warehouse Deals. Needless to say I was stoked to get that set for $12.xx out of pocket.

But something incredibly strange happened.

One of the new Hobbit sets was up on AWD. It was the Gol Dur set with Beorn for $20.00. It came up on AWD for like new for $17.xx. It went to purchase it and it was a like new set. But it said preorder this set for $17.xx. I pulled the trigger, interested more than anything to see what will actually happen.

I preordered a like new set that they aren't even selling yet. It says the anticipated delivery is December 4th. Has anyone else done this before?

Must be a set that got damaged at the warehouse or in shipment to them from Lego

I had about $10.xx of Amazon credit, and the UFO Alien Conquest was up for $23.xx for a good version on Amazon Warehouse Deals. Needless to say I was stoked to get that set for $12.xx out of pocket.

But something incredibly strange happened.

One of the new Hobbit sets was up on AWD. It was the Gol Dur set with Beorn for $20.00. It came up on AWD for like new for $17.xx. It went to purchase it and it was a like new set. But it said preorder this set for $17.xx. I pulled the trigger, interested more than anything to see what will actually happen.

I preordered a like new set that they aren't even selling yet. It says the anticipated delivery is December 4th. Has anyone else done this before?

The $5 coupon?
Something else, the header said "Your 10% Back Holiday Rewards" from purchases I made between 9/8 and 10/31, I earned $10.07 that expired in Jan.

I got the Castle Gold Getaway for the nice price of $11, but I didn't think to scan any other Castle sets. Is anyone finding more Castle deals?
The only set I'm unsure of is Kings Castle but they are all 50% off at TRU right now.

I was close to picking up another LR Train today...$65 is a really good price as you can use the money you save to motorize it. But then I get the feeling that LR sets are going to universally clearanced like the Prince of Persia sets, and I bet I could get it for $50 or less.
10.99 was a way better deal for the LR train. King's Castle too. :razz: And yeah, I really like the LR sets and am hoping to pick up some more ofter Christmas. Could use a few teepees.

But I did go in to pick up the TMNT and Hoth sets. Picked up a tree and used a 7.xx credit they sent to my email. Pretty sweet deal all and all. May go in and get another Hoth set. They also had 3 of the Hobbit sets out at my local store, but MSRP so, meh.

Does anybody know where to get the Lego series 4 Star Wars planets? I found them on Amazon.FR but I'm unable to check out with them.

The only set I'm unsure of is Kings Castle but they are all 50% off at TRU right now.

Cool, thanks! I'll check on Kings Castle tomorrow.

There was a Heartlake CIty Pool for $22.50 that I was thinking about a few hours ago but it's no long there.
I saw that on there as well. Ordered it from Amazon when they dropped the price of the new ones. It is what my daughter really wants for Christmas.

bread's done
Back