LEGO Deals 3

For Black Friday, Walmart is going to sell a 600pc bucket for 15 dollars and a Duplo one also. It's in the flyer but I'm pretty sure it's store only. I'll be picking one up when I go tonight.

Walmart.com has the lego marvel game for $25 now. Says it comes with Iron Patriot too. Not passing that up.
Are you able to add it to your cart? Its not showing up for me. Trying to pair this with the $15 600 piece bucket and the $10 gc they sent me.

Amazon has Lego Star Wars Republic Gunship for $77.99. Lowest price yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking for a 10% or better to reduce the price of the Creator Palace Cinema for sister in law and family. Has anyone mentioned something like that for BF? TRU blocked a 15 off 100 because it was a "hot price" item. 

Love the thread btw, my son is a lego city mad man so I'll be sticking around here  :whistle2:o

I was able to get Lego Marvel with Iron Patriot for $25 by going into the store and buying it.  The prices are live in store and I made sure to get right at 8AM in hopes of getting one as I knew my store still had 2 left.  I'm not sure if the ones tonight will have it, but I'm glad I was able to get it.

Does anyone have it for the PS3 and PS4?  Wondering if there was much of a difference.  

------------

Also does anyone know where I might be able to get a good deal on a Quinjet?  It is the only Lego Marvel set that I am currently missing.

I'm looking for a 10% or better to reduce the price of the Creator Palace Cinema for sister in law and family. Has anyone mentioned something like that for BF? TRU blocked a 15 off 100 because it was a "hot price" item.

Love the thread btw, my son is a lego city mad man so I'll be sticking around here :whistle2:o
Not a direct discount (also not very helpful) but you just missed triple VIP points by a couple days at the Lego store (or lego.com). That would have been good for $20 off your next purchase.

I've never seen a discount on any of the modular sets outside a random Amazon drop for a few hours/days.

1st world problems rant:

This has been the worst Black Friday so far. No triple VIP points, no in store scratch card, missed out on the Walmart lego marvel game, and still no $22 PSN plus card. At least I got two $100 target gift cards for $90 each.

AWD has a Dragon castle set for $26.67, good deal if you have no tax and prime.  I'd buy it buy I already have two dragons and need to save money.

Gave the Log Cabin a quick and dirty makeover while waiting on guests yesterday.
love it! :)

lots of LEGO on amazon lightning deals today. missed the city train station that i wanted because it sold in 2 seconds while my son was distracting me. no waitlist either. ugh.

on the positive side, picked up one of the 600-brick sets from walmart for $15 and i had a $10 gift card from one of their earlier lego bundles to sweeten the deal. we keep a supply of regular bricks for kid visitors to use and take home what they make, so that was a nice pick-up.

Personally I had a great Lego Black Friday

Was able to get the Lego Iron Patriot w/ Game for PS3 from Wal-Mart for $25 and went to a random Target last night at they had the Lego Quinjet on sale for $53.99 (had $30 gift card), so I'm officially caught up on Lego Marvel.  Was not expecting to be able to obtain either last night.

AWD has had a few decent deals in the last few days.  A $30 LotR set for $20, Jabba's hut for $67, a bought a cargo heliplane for $25, they have a Friends downtown bakery for $16 (cupcakes, pretzel, bread) and just had a Forest Police Station for $38, fuck you Target.   :lol:  So keep on eye out.

Amazon itself is having lightning deals, the BttF set was $25.

Check what is up coming here....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/holidaytoylist/ref=tsm_1_fb_legotakeover

EDIT - Right now Spiderman flying car is $10.66, so always check back.

Today was a great day for me.

Town Square from TRU. I got there around 1 and it looked like they sold out but I spotted a case of them in the upstock area. I couldn't find an employee so I just reached up and grabbed it down myself.

Lego Marvel with Iron Patriot for $25. Last one in the case.

Batman dvd with Clark Kent for $1.96. Last one on the regular rack. Surprised it rang up that way.

Iron Man Extremis Sea Port Battle for $13.97 at Wal-Mart. Not amazing but I've been meaning to pick up this set for the figs.

Barnes and noble was pretty picked over and I didn't see anything I needed.

I did miss my deliver from last Saturday's S@H deal though.

Ended up getting two sets at Walmart during their 30% off sale on all sets today. The Lone Ranger sets were on rollback pricing so I essentially got the Mine Shootout set for 40% off.

I did miss my deliver from last Saturday's S@H deal though.
I have always lived in a city or a building that gets deliveries. Do they not leave the things in your mailbox / porch or was your order just too big and you have no porch?

I have always lived in a city or a building that gets deliveries. Do they not leave the things in your mailbox / porch or was your order just too big and you have no porch?
It is an apartment complex with locked entrances and FedEx has to be buzzed in. Someone will be home on Monday and Tuesday so I'm not worried.

Yeah that's what I figured.  I worked somewhere, and lived at the place, so I just had everything shipped to me and they would call me when something came in.  Now I ship it to a friend's or my mom, she is always thrilled to see more LEGOs.   :lol:

Amazon lightning deals are horrible, 8 minutes after they start there are all sold out and 500+ waiting list.

Yeah that's what I figured. I worked somewhere, and lived at the place, so I just had everything shipped to me and they would call me when something came in. Now I ship it to a friend's or my mom, she is always thrilled to see more LEGOs. :lol:

Amazon lightning deals are horrible, 8 minutes after they start there are all sold out and 500+ waiting list.
8 minutes? I tried to get in on the little creator house, and it was gone as soon as it started. 30% off isn't even that great. Much better stalking AWD and hoping for the best. I bet the Helm's Deep set isn't even going to get close to the one that was up on AWD earlier in the week for ~$75. Amazon has been having lots of sets at that kind of discount for the last month or so, but put them on a LD and they all will out in seconds. Stupid

Weird. It said I was #1 on the waitlist too. Said the chances were good....still waiting :(
Likewise, it's probably all sorts of messed up. I don't understand how they can be sold out of something less than half a second after it becomes available. Plus, it's such a small (and current) set how do they not have 100s of them in stock to begin with?

They do have 100s in stock right now but Amazon only sets aside 50 for the deal and once they are gone will sell the sets for normal price.

And 30% isn't anything special.  Just weird how people are.  If you really want a set then keep an eye out.  I think it's just ignorant Christmas shoppers looking for gifts going "LEGOs are cheap!!!"

Eight minutes is being generous. I put something (UN building) in my cart < 1 minute after it became available. I was 500+ on waiting list. That is why I don't really participate in Black Friday. I prefer to do hack Friday which is just to build something today.

Only BF Lego I went for was the City Center Set.  I showed up at the TRU near my parents house at 4:55.  I walked in, and the place was surprisingly tame.  I picked up City Center, bought it, and threw it in my trunk without any issues.  They had 4 lanes open.  There were only customers in 2 of them.  I began to worry I'd misread something and the sale was already over, but no problems.  Then I walked back in and bought a 2nd one for a friend of mine who couldn't make it to a TRU.

What do you guys and girls do to store your Lego bricks? I'm hoping to move in < 12 months and don't want anything permenant now. Once we move I am pretty much open to any storage solution.

What do you guys and girls do to store your Lego bricks? I'm hoping to move in &lt; 12 months and don't want anything permenant now. Once we move I am pretty much open to any storage solution.
Big-ass rubbermade style storage containers. My opened sets are all mixed together though, so it might not be the right option if you want each set to be self-contained; I use ziploc bags inside for disassembled sets that I want to keep together.

I clicked "add to cart" for the wizard battle set the instant the button appeared; #1 on the waitlist. :/
Weird. It said I was #1 on the waitlist too. Said the chances were good....still waiting :(
Likewise, it's probably all sorts of messed up. I don't understand how they can be sold out of something less than half a second after it becomes available. Plus, it's such a small (and current) set how do they not have 100s of them in stock to begin with?
lol, you guys too? I clicked it the second it went live, and was put on the waiting list as well.

Several big ass rubbermaid things for random pieces and some whole sets.  Other ones I organize by piece and use old LEGO buckets and plastic shoe box size things.

I waited by my computer all day and have a good internet connection and I didn't get one lego lighting I wanted.

I tried to get the TMNT Shredder, LOTR Wizard Battle and the Lone ranger Comanche camp.I would wait for the countdown and the second the image appeared I clicked it and it said 100% claimed and I was on a wait list.

I mean 1 second in absurd.

I just realized the 600 piece bucket from Walmart (# 4628) was only $10.50! It was $15 for Black Friday then 30% "manager's special" from 8am to 2pm. Also got a Creator Small Cottage for $17.50. Decent enough Lego day.

For storage I use Really Useful Boxes ( http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/usa/ ). They stack well and have clips that hold the lid on. I got a bunch of these for $0.25 in different sizes when Staples clearanced them a few years ago. I actually have them organized by piece...one is full of 1x2 bricks, another with studs...etc. They are nice, but expensive since Staples restocked shortly after clearance. If I hadn't bought all these on impulse I'd just be dumping my bricks in Rubbermaid bins.

Can anyone give some advice on finding a deal on The Lord of the Rings Tower of Orthanc? Its the only thing my son wants for christmas and I haven't seen any deals yet. What places should I be checking online etc? Thanks!

Can anyone give some advice on finding a deal on The Lord of the Rings Tower of Orthanc? Its the only thing my son wants for christmas and I haven't seen any deals yet. What places should I be checking online etc? Thanks!
Watch here every day, go to slickdeals, keep an eye on AWD, or get lucky?

The best recent price was 10.99 at Wal-Mart, but that was a price error and not likely to be repeated.

The WB store had it for a discount for $30 off. Some people here purchased it. I tried, but my purchase is still "pending" months later.

It does appear on Amazon Warehouse Deals. I did purchase it there, but it got canceled. I think I am cursed.

You could do worse than the Lego store. The recent 3x VIP points would have been, in effect, $30 off. Right now, with VIP, you'd get a $10 gift card and $10 back in VIP points. Not as good, but it's something.

It's not going to be easy, since Lego clamped down on putting sets like this on sale. That doesn't mean it won't happen. Between now and Christmas, retailers will try and move things, and I think that LOTR moves a little slower than some of the other brandings, so it's a good candidate.

Keep an eye on Target and Amazon. They may not be able to put a huge discount on it, but they may be able to sweeten the deal with gift cards or other incentives.

Eight minutes is being generous. I put something (UN building) in my cart &lt; 1 minute after it became available. I was 500+ on waiting list. That is why I don't really participate in Black Friday. I prefer to do hack Friday which is just to build something today.
Speaking of slickdeals, courtesy of

http://slickdeals.net/f/6502694-lego-united-nations-headquarters-21018-bn-com-34-96-tax-fs-ac

Barnes and Noble has the Architecture United Nations for $34.96 + free shipping after coupon BFRIDAY30. It's still live, too. Suck it, Amazon Lightning Deal.

This coupon works for a couple of Master Builder sets, too.

I abused Barnes and Noble since the lady loves LEGO stuff. Buy 1 Get 1 50% off in store, then a 30% off coupon for the full price one, then another 10% off both using my membership card. Walked out with two decent sized sets for about $60, so I was happy.

Speaking of slickdeals, courtesy of
http://slickdeals.net/f/6502694-lego-united-nations-headquarters-21018-bn-com-34-96-tax-fs-ac

Barnes and Noble has the Architecture United Nations for $34.96 + free shipping after coupon BFRIDAY30. It's still live, too. Suck it, Amazon Lightning Deal.

This coupon works for a couple of Master Builder sets, too.
Thanks. Got it. My plan is to make the buildings I have seen in person. Wasn't a huge want but would grab at the right price.

Who was looking for a quinjet? SD is reporting there's a cartwheel coupon for 50% off and a shopkick coupon for $5 off, making it $30.

bread's done
Back