LEGO Deals 3

My TRU is loaded with the Funhouse sets and I'm not surprised considering the markup. They certainly grabbed hold of the FAO business model for some reason.

What's so special about Batcaves?

We had had two now, get a third one next year and all three of them are horribly lacking.
The old Batcave has a great return if you invested back in the day.

The new one seems more kid friendly with brighter colors and minifigs?

Anyhow, great deal on both the Batcave and the Funhouse escape, so capitalize now!

I don't think collecting this theme of Batman is worth if if purely do so is for investing, I think a lot of people are thinking that because of the inflated prices of the first sets.

Gotta say I was definitely not impressed with many of the Black Friday deals all around. We have all Lone Ranger sets at 20% off instore at Roc. Ctr. if anyone is interested. A few of the Hobbit sets (Goblin King and Warg sets) are on sale as well. Chima speedorz are 50% off as well.  

**I have a trade offer for anyone who might be interested. I'm still looking for a Green Grocer (preferably sealed, box doesnt have to be great) and willing to trade my employee sets(Ole Kirk House and Duck) for it. PM me if you're serious! I'm not looking to sell, just a straight trade.**

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think collecting this theme of Batman is worth if if purely do so is for investing, I think a lot of people are thinking that because of the inflated prices of the first sets.
I agree with you on the other sets, but the Funhouse is a TRU exclusive and is the only set you can find this version of the Riddler and Harley. If you pick up two, I almost guarantee you would get your full purchase price if you sell one in a year.

I agree with you on the other sets, but the Funhouse is a TRU exclusive and is the only set you can find this version of the Riddler and Harley. If you pick up two, I almost guarantee you would get your full purchase price if you sell one in a year.
This one a long with Arkham Asylum I wouldn't doubt but that's too big of a maybe for me to be comfortable with.

I dont even think that long

This one a long with Arkham Asylum I wouldn't doubt but that's too big of a maybe for me to be comfortable with.
Oh yeah, definitely Arkham. Big set: check, adored license: check, exclusive minifigs: check. It probably won't reach MF or Cafe Corner levels, but I predict around $400 when it tops out. Then again, Diagon Alley is only selling for $230 now and it has the same qualities.

Aren't we getting a Ridler with the new Batman sets in 2014?  Do people really need every fucking mini figure type?  

Oh yeah, people are crazy.   :lol:

I'm in the middle of build Lone Ranger Colby City set.  I wish I got a second one, and maybe even a third when they were $26 last week.  The set has a firing canon, some different colored cart boxes, three great mini figures, tons of 1x2 modified brick pieces in tans and browns and treys, the newer windows (I normally don't buy buildings so they are newer to me), dark green pieces and it looks great randomly placed under the tree with my holiday train.

Went ahead and picked up 2 Batman Funhouses today with the B1G1 half off...only paid $65 after tax. Got home and put the other on eBay for $60. Sold in less than an hour so $46 after shipping and fees, makes it only $19 for the other set ;). Thanks for the heads up!

$10 off toys $19.95 when you use a MasterCard at Barnes and Noble. Use code MCTOYGAME for online.

I hope they get the new sets in before the coupon expires. B&N.com usually seems to have the new sets earlier than other stores.

Build plates are $3.74 on Amazon. They are add on items so you will need to spend at least $25 to get that price.

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Green-Building-Plate-10/dp/B00000JIVS/
toysrus has the blue ones for $4.99 - buy one, get one 1/2 off (so, $3.74 each), deliver to store for free shipping.

they seem to be out of green ones now - or else it's just showing no stock for my store, sorry didn't check.

i just picked up a half-dozen green plates yesterday from my local TRU for this price. unfortunately they didn't have any blue in stock.

picked up a handful of minifigs for my son’s stocking while i was in there, also BOGO 1/2 off.

toysrus has the blue ones for $4.99 - buy one, get one 1/2 off (so, $3.74 each), deliver to store for free shipping.

they seem to be out of green ones now - or else it's just showing no stock for my store, sorry didn't check.

i just picked up a half-dozen green plates yesterday from my local TRU for this price. unfortunately they didn't have any blue in stock.

picked up a handful of minifigs for my son’s stocking while i was in there, also BOGO 1/2 off.
Did you need to go check out twice (one for all the plates and once for the mini figures) or did TRU finally become smart and have the bogo just be 25% off all the sets?

And Amazon has the blue ones in stock too for the same price and a pack of one green and one blue for $7.50, aka the same price.

I did something crazy today.  I picked up a used, like new Cafe Corner for $575 on CL.  I'm going to sell my sealed one so hopefully I'll be able to clear $4-500 out of the transaction and I will be able to keep the set.

It's funny on TnB there is a user who thinks Lego is out to get all resellers.  One of his complaints is that Lego is keeping sets out too long, like the Fire Brigade.  He also says the biggest FU to resellers would be to bring back the big MF.  I say that would be awesome.

I did something crazy today. I picked up a used, like new Cafe Corner for $575 on CL. I'm going to sell my sealed one so hopefully I'll be able to clear $4-500 out of the transaction and I will be able to keep the set.

It's funny on TnB there is a user who thinks Lego is out to get all resellers. One of his complaints is that Lego is keeping sets out too long, like the Fire Brigade. He also says the biggest FU to resellers would be to bring back the big MF. I say that would be awesome.
. I think bringing back the MF would be great and I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

Interesting the build plate bundle is fine to order prime but the individual ones are add ons. I already have a green and blue for my kids Xmas, but might get bundle so they each get 1 of each color. Never mind they are actually add ons, just not labeled that way.

I think Monster Fighters when I see MF, but I'm guessing you're talking about something else.

It's funny on TnB there is a user who thinks Lego is out to get all resellers. One of his complaints is that Lego is keeping sets out too long, like the Fire Brigade. He also says the biggest FU to resellers would be to bring back the big MF. I say that would be awesome.
That's what pisses me off on the LEGO company. The rumors around are they got rid any deal at all on the big exclusive sets because of the huge resale value people are making. However there is nothing stopping them from rereleasing the sets. I think it would be great if for the 10 year anniversaries of CC and GG they redo them. I'd be so happy. :)

One thing I like about collecting Lego is you don't have to chase things down (like with action figures). There's always enough to go around as long as you have the money before the set "retires." But this crackdown on deals on exclusives is annoying. It's just a 10% coupon, Lego. Let me use it on a big set I want.

That's what pisses me off on the LEGO company. The rumors around are they got rid any deal at all on the big exclusive sets because of the huge resale value people are making. However there is nothing stopping them from rereleasing the sets. I think it would be great if for the 10 year anniversaries of CC and GG they redo them. I'd be so happy. :)
Gah! The acronyms!

I need them to rerelease CC, GC, and Market Street. I have the urge to drop money on these but I must hold myself back. They should release 1 old set when a new set is released or 1 old set a year. I doubt they would have trouble selling them.

I like how the guy on TnB is calling it bait and switch. Does anyone know how to use that term properly?

Gah! The acronyms!
Better then other sites that go off set number. "I found a 79003 at Target for $50." I can't remember a single set number. Does anyone on here?

Rereleasing some of the sets would put a dent in the resale market. I wonder if they will go to a Disney DVD type model where items go "into the vault" for awhile. That would send a clear message. I guess it is all about what they are trying to accomplish. If they want to stop resellers there are better ways to go about it.

Speaking of baseplates. I wish the road baseplates were cheaper and sold individually. Who needs so many intersections and curves? I want straight ones.

Rereleasing some of the sets would put a dent in the resale market. I wonder if they will go to a Disney DVD type model where items go "into the vault" for awhile. That would send a clear message. I guess it is all about what they are trying to accomplish. If they want to stop resellers there are better ways to go about it.
Yes! This is what they need.

GG = Green Grocer - second (or third if you count MS - Market Street) modular building set
I only don't count it because I don't have one, and it's the only one I'm missing on the shelf. :whistle2:(

I wouldn't mind re-releases that used a slightly different color scheme or changed the minifigs. I keep saying I'm going to sit down and figure out how to buy the pieces to make Market Street, then decide to use my LEGO time to build a set I already have.

Has anyone gone to a "lego Kidsfest" ? I'm taking my son this weekend to the new england one, Do they have any deals there or anything special I should look out for? 

Did you need to go check out twice (one for all the plates and once for the mini figures) or did TRU finally become smart and have the bogo just be 25% off all the sets?

And Amazon has the blue ones in stock too for the same price and a pack of one green and one blue for $7.50, aka the same price.
even though it’s the same price, it’s an add-on item at amazon so unless you want to spend $35 normal or $25 prime, TRU might be a better option. (it was for me.)

since i had already paid for the items i was picking up, they just rang up my minifigs separately.

I went to the first ever one, it was insane, not worth the time and trouble for the "small" display they had.  If you have kids I think they fixed it so there are times you can go and play, but the first one was an insane mess.  However an ex of mine who I went with went with his husband (and no kids) and he said it was better but still need kids.  :lol:

I took my two girls along with two other couples and their kids to LEGOfest in the Spring and we all had a blast.  Plenty to do for a few hours.  

As for shopping there wasn't anything in the way of exclusives or deals.  That was kind of a bummer.

The Spiderman Marvel Spring 2014 sets...

http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=8899

There is a guy with a huge head.  It's funny that Marvel makes all these movies and I know there is a new Spiderman but you think there would be a few more movie characters.  They already blew it with no Thor 2 sets.

I'd like some... I mean to know... what LEGO is smoking that makes them thing with all the great $20 City sets that this tiny little set with half the pieces is worth $20.

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=60042-1

I thought it would be a $11-$13 set.

The Spiderman Marvel Spring 2014 sets...

http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=8899

There is a guy with a huge head. It's funny that Marvel makes all these movies and I know there is a new Spiderman but you think there would be a few more movie characters. They already blew it with no Thor 2 sets.

I'd like some... I mean to know... what LEGO is smoking that makes them thing with all the great $20 City sets that this tiny little set with half the pieces is worth $20.

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=60042-1

I thought it would be a $11-$13 set.
Nice...the Hulk, Thor, Falcon, Modok, and Taskmaster set looks great.

When new sets release, how long before they start to phase out existing sets? Couple Hobbit and Super Hero sets I would like to get before they're gone.

Nice...the Hulk, Thor, Falcon, Modok, and Taskmaster set looks great.

When new sets release, how long before they start to phase out existing sets? Couple Hobbit and Super Hero sets I would like to get before they're gone.

Two years is a pretty safe bet.

I got around to organizing the lego room a bit. My bricklog is getting bigger...

Two years is a pretty safe bet.

I got around to organizing the lego room a bit. My bricklog is getting bigger...
. That is a serious brick log. Good luck digging out. I am a bit disappointed with my Winter Cottage. It has 2 missing bricks. It is my daughter's first big build so it is a little tough to tell her she has to skip some things on the build.

. That is a serious brick log. Good luck digging out. I am a bit disappointed with my Winter Cottage. It has 2 missing bricks. It is my daughter's first big build so it is a little tough to tell her she has to skip some things on the build.
You bought used?

Either way go to Lego.com and ask for replacements, it's really easy and free. However don't abuse it, they keep track of what you do.

No bought brand new. I have already requested replacements. The other problem is that it is a seasonal build and wanted to finish this weekend. Might head over to the LEGO store to see if we can get the pieces on the PaB wall.

It's not as bad as my game backlog :lol:

That stinks. Can you somehow build around it?

I bought two Dynamic Duo Funhouses, the wife gave me a $10 promo code that she got from BF and a $10 Giftcard so not bad, I need to bitch at TRU though, I was charged $22.49 for the second one, not exactly 50% off

bread's done
Back