LEGO Deals 3

Is there any remotely popular trading/selling forum for Lego sets? I have a few unopened sets I want to get rid off and I'd rather sell directly to others than eat the feebay fees. Obviously I know I won't get as much for them as on feebay, but I'd be more than willing to sell for the same price as what I would get after fees.

Toys and bricks is the only site I know, you can always list what you have here with prices.

Last edited by a moderator:
The LotR Orc Forge 9746 set was a target/legoshop exclusive, right? Is there a slim chance of any restock at all online for these? Id rather not pay $65+ from ebay...lame. Ive seen where some people have said lego stores still have some but I live nowhere near a store unfortunately.

Costco has the Lego Friends Cool Dolphin Cruiser (the yacht) for $39.97.  A lot of the toys have had their prices cut it seems.  The Brickmaster books were $9.97 each.  

Costco has the Lego Friends Cool Dolphin Cruiser (the yacht) for $39.97. A lot of the toys have had their prices cut it seems. The Brickmaster books were $9.97 each.
I haven't seen that one yet but I expect that one to sell out quick at that price. Do you happen to have an item number? I was never able to get a Metroplex they never made it out here and the closest one was in Temecula, I read somewhere that they got marked down to $50.

My local TRU now has the Laketown Guard Hobbit polybags out. Had 5-6 different types of polys for $5 each, ninja turtle ones marked down to $3

I've only used the Shop Lego online store once before so I was hoping one of you who have experience might be able to help me with a question. If there is an item that can't be added to your bag and says "Call to check product availability" does that mean call into the customer service line or try to call a local store? Sorry if its a silly question but since its the holidays and its saying 30+ min possible wait for calling in I thought I would come here and ask first before trying. Thanks to anyone who might know

You can call and place orders, they can check the stock in their inventory and place it that way. I think I remember people chatting about getting crazy deals when they would call in at certain hours of the day.

If you want to know if something is available at the store just call them directly, they can tell you real quick and can place a hold for you till the end of the day. Not sure how that works right now during the holiday season.

If you ask what item your looking for, somebody might be able to give you a general knowledge answer based on experience.

My Attack on Weathertop came in.  It looks brand new besides the fact the top right corner is scratched, and slightly indented, you can't tell at all really, more so for like 87% off.

My Attack on Weathertop came in. It looks brand new besides the fact the top right corner is scratched, and slightly indented, you can't tell at all really, more so for like 87% off.
Yeah definitely a good deal. I found 1 at my local walmart marked down on clearance for 35.00. That one and the wargs one for 35.00 each so I went ahead and picked it up...especially the Weathertop one b/c it seems to already be retired. Now I just need 6 LotR/Hobbit sets, only 3 older ones (the $200 tower, black gate, and orc forge) and 3 of the new ones that just released.

Nice find. I found 3 Weathertops on clearance at Target at the beginning of summer for 70% off. (last good Target clearance find this year) Didn't care for the sets (doesn't really look like a $70 set to me) but the good thing about Lego is that someone else always does.

I saw all  the new Disney Princesses sets, except Cinderella's carriage, last night at TRU. Don't know what MSRP is so don't know if they carry the standard TRU markup. I was all in on these when I originally saw the pics but seeing them in person left me a bit underwhelmed. I may pick them up in the future on sale or something but I just wasn't feeling them. Rapunzels tower should definitely be taller so buying two sets would have to be in order for that. I would probably sell the Friends style minifigs (except the Brave triplets) and make some customs from existing CMF's too

Good to hear about series 12 prim. Saw a member on another board was able to score them yesterday. Even if I see them I'll have to wait until after Christmas.

Just got back from Target at lunch they had two of the new Lego Movie sets - Getaway Glider ($12.99) and Cloud Cuckoo Palace ($19.99) as well as Disney Princess Ariels Amazing Treasures ($12.99) which I picked up for the wife for Christmas

So I have last year's advent calendars.  However I stopped doing them on the 11th because I went out of town.  Should I start up again or just wait until next year?

You guys are going to have to start a seperate thread for Lego dollhouses.  I keep waiting for news about winter Lego clearance only to be slapped in the face with dollhouse speculating. :cry:

You guys are going to have to start a seperate thread for Lego dollhouses. I keep waiting for news about winter Lego clearance only to be slapped in the face with dollhouse speculating. :cry:
:lol: My brother in law works at target so I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Need some advice. Being offered a b-wing fighter for $150 which was msrp. I know the set is now retired. Should I jump on it for this price.
The MSRP was $199. If you want it, you should definitely get it. eBay prices are only a bit higher, but they will probably start climbing after the New Year.

Thanks for the heads up on the Disney princess sets being released early at TRU (they're also up for preorder on Amazon).  Seems like they were at MSRP, but are eligible for the 25 off 100 regular priced Lego deal (they excluded Ninjago on purpose because those were the newest sets, so it seems odd that they would allow these).  Anyone see the Movie sets out? 

TRU also has the Master Builders sets at MSRP, which when combined with the deal is pretty good if you go just a little over the $100 threshold.

Thanks skiizim, I actually ended up just going out that morning and checking the one Lego Store we have here in St. Louis and they still had plenty left. (Was after the Hero Factory Stormer XL that is retiring, in order to combine it with my Speeda Demon that I got on clearance at target earlier this year) So everything worked out great.

Heads up guys.. Winter cottage just recently sold out online and was placed on the retiring soon list. I just called my lego store and they only had a few left. Looks like this is your last chance to get it for a non reseller price

Isn't that just the yearly 'retiring?'  It was just released last year and you could still get the sets older than that one this year.  

Yea it is part of the yearly retiring. Winter village sets usually last a total of 2 years before retiring. So this would be your last chance to pick up the cottage for msrp

I thought with the village sets we got three at a time like the toy shop, bakery, and what was next.  Now they retire the following year?

Not that I have any desire to bother with that line, the first two were great then they got out of hand.

I pick up the winter sets for the girlfriend. She wants to set up a display when we move in together. And eBay/ amazon prices get ridiculous after they retire. She picks up the modulars for my birthday every year . So it works out

lol... Did the B-wing really get retired? I remember people were talking about it but I didn't pay much attention to it, I picked up two of them during the sale. One was supposed to be for my friend but he backed out on it and I just ended up keeping it. Getting the Winter Cottage is tempting but like Big Daddy said, I don't think it's worth getting into the theme, it's getting a bit out of hand, I'm content with the first two.

I may need to make a trip to TRU, I have a $25 giftcard burning a hole in my pocket, those Disney sets would be icing on the cake!

Eurobricks was having a raffle through December and it turns out that the fucking dumbasses there can't even count and it turns out that the people on pages 8 and 9 weren't included into the raffle.

I'm on page 9.  So fucking stupid that they didn't even bother recounting to make sure they had all the names before the raffle started?  And they are supposed to be the best AFOL website?

Idiots.

(This post was more to piss off a certain someone who keeps checking to see if the clearances at Target and Walmart are starting.  :lol:)

Target has/had the New DC Riddler/Flash set as well as one of the Lego Movie sets (Creative Ambush)in stock. 10% off store wide plus the 20% off Superhero sets and the $10 off toy coupon in todays paper make for a good deal if you can find the Riddler set.

I went to Toys R Us to find the new Disney Princess sets yesterday and couldn't find them or tags for them anywhere in the Lego section. I found an employee that was willing to help me look and he eventually found them in the back with a sticker saying they had a street date of January 1st. After talking to a manager they let me buy them because they rang up in the system and didn't block the sale. Their prices are way above MSRP though. Here is a list of the sets I bought and the MSRP and the Toys R US price

MSRP Toys R US Price

LEGO Disney Princess 41051 Merida's Highland Games $19.99 $24.99
LEGO Disney Princess 41052 Ariel's Magical Kiss $29.99 $39.99
LEGO Disney Princess 41053 Cinderella's Dream Carriage $29.99 $39.99
LEGO Disney Princess 41054 Rapunzel's Creativity Tower $39.99 $49.99
LEGO Disney Princess 41055 Cinderella's Romantic Castle $69.99 $84.99

They did not have LEGO Disney Princess 41050 Ariel's Amazing Treasures. Their markups on the 2 $29.99 sets is over 33%!!! Kind of ridiculous. They did have the spend $100 and get $25 off promo going and it did apply to these.

Bastards!!!!! I was at Target and found Ariel's Amazing Treasure for $12.99, I found a few of the Lego Movie sets and I was impressed by them, not only do they look cool but they are 2in1 sets. Also saw the new Lego minifigures but not interested in them.

Target has/had the New DC Riddler/Flash set as well as one of the Lego Movie sets (Creative Ambush)in stock. 10% off store wide plus the 20% off Superhero sets and the $10 off toy coupon in todays paper make for a good deal if you can find the Riddler set.
Mine didn't take off the 20%. I had to go to customer service.

bread's done
Back