LEGO Deals 3

I got the Batman set with Nightwing and Manbat for $16.  20% didn't come off automatically but the girl at the register fixed it for me! 

That 10% off promo (or Xmas) completely wiped out my Target... they consolidated from two plus rows of Lego to less than 1 (basically, half a row combined with Megabloks), no superhero sets except for a couple of Iron Man mansions.

That 10% off promo (or Xmas) completely wiped out my Target... they consolidated from two plus rows of Lego to less than 1 (basically, half a row combined with Megabloks), no superhero sets except for a couple of Iron Man mansions.
mine was like that before the 10% promo.

LEGOs no longer survive Christmas anymore, it's why I find it funny people are waiting for the sales.
Yep. This is why I took part in the 20% + 10% + 10 coupon deal at Target. TMNT line was pretty empty during this sale. Super Heroes was down to only a small handful of sets (Iron Man pretty much it). Lord of the Rings pretty much only left to Council of Elrond.

My area gets wiped out prior to any clearance deals anymore.

There is no need for them to go public.  They are making bucket loads and don't have to list to boardrooms and stockholders.

Target has been getting smarter about things, I don't know how more rural areas are but stuff doesn't get over stocked anymore.
The problem of not having them in stock though before Christmas is that they're leaving a lot of sales on the floor. Sales that end up going to other retailers. The ad 2 weeks ago had buy 1 get 1 half off for City and Friends and my store had about 6 or 8 different city sets left and only a couple of the very small Friends sets left. It was pathetic.

I got King's Castle yesterday and put it together.  Its quite neat and definitely feels like the older castle sets.  Now I just need to get off my ass and go order the Market Village and maybe a second of the castle to make it bigger.  

Now, question.  When do the LEGO Movie sets come out and how much is the Castle Cavalry?  I gotta have that set, its so absurd!

Castle Calvary is $30, I scanned it a few days ago but not sure if they put them in the back since they have a 1/1 release date.

Happy X-Mas, I hope your inner man child was fulfilled today!

Last edited by a moderator:
Castle Calvary is $30, I scanned it a few days ago but not sure if they put them in the back since they have a 1/1 release date.

Happy X-Mas, I hope your inner man child was fulfilled today!
It was! I built the catapult tower and spent a good 30 minutes launching legos at my family. I love the rod they used to draw the catapult since it gives it a lot of torque when released.

Are the lego online shop and B&M stores separate? I noticed they now have the Orc Forge set online for only 27.98 even though the last stock was around November 16th...was just wondering if it might be this price in stores now? Lol nothing like a sale on an oos item which hasnt been stocked for a month or two :)

Someone on brickset is reporting finding the VW Van polybag for $4 in a Lego Store. If anyone happens to find these I would love a couple of them.

Someone on brickset is reporting finding the VW Van polybag for $4 in a Lego Store. If anyone happens to find these I would love a couple of them.
heh, i just put this one together last night. got it from ordering a bunch of minecraft sets for the kids. it's totally tiny and totally cute.

Not surprisingly the post-Christmas Lego sale is disappointing. Series 11 minifigs for 2.49. Last year I think they reduced the older minifig series to at least 1.99. Can't remember exactly how much but I do know I got a bunch of them.

Toys R Us had a single Castle Cavalry and I snapped it up since I am a fan of Kingdoms/Castle.  I like the main build which is why I actually bought it.  I have only built the podracer thing since I only have one set but I will definitely be grabbing a few to expand my 2013 Castle sets since it overall just fits the whole theme very well.  

It was a fun build and has some neat little design tricks to make the parts fit together that I hadn't thought of before and the scale fits the other Castle sets too so that is a definite plus.  I already have some neat ideas but now I kind of want to build an evil army variant. My problem with the set though is that there are a few specialized pieces that disappoint me like the L-shaped 4block tall lion stone and the tower pieces since they don't offer any room for making it fatter.    I should also mention that Sharon Shoehorn and the little evil robot thing aren't that interesting to me and I may just use the brick for parts and do something else with Shoehorn.  

This set fits very well with the castle theme so I would definitely get one if you like that.

Anyone hit target for the advertised "50% off you clearance"?
15% more like it. Lone Ranger stuff was clearanced as well as a couple of other sets here and there, but my store is so wiped out it wasn't worth it. I did luck out as I found a Forest Police station that someone returned (still sealed) which was $25 when I scanned it!

Nothing at Walmart...not much left there either.

Clearance sales suck.  It might be the end of good clearance pricing.

My Walmart refuses to put Lego products in their clearance.  Heck one of the locations still have sets that have retired. 

My Targets 15% off Lone Ranger, 1 Star Wars set (Cannon), and a few city sets.  One location had the Lord of the Rings Battle at Helm Deep for a whooping 8 dollars off.  My targets were pretty empty to begin with.

My Kmart sent off all clearance to a location in the ghetto.  supposedly, another close store did the exact same.

Lego store... My hopes weren't high... thank goodness since the discounts weren't that great; let alone the selection.

Clearance sales suck. It might be the end of good clearance pricing.
I think it's the end of B&M clearance, but it's been that way for years with me. However this year online sales before Christmas were so much I had to stop myself. Lone Ranger Colby City was 48% off, the GS first wave sets were 50% at Target. Amazon had like every set 30%-40% off.

I think it's the end of B&M clearance, but it's been that way for years with me. However this year online sales before Christmas were so much I had to stop myself. Lone Ranger Colby City was 48% off, the GS first wave sets were 50% at Target. Amazon had like every set 30%-40% off.
That was my experience too. It was nice with the sales because it was a lot less running around hunting like with clearance.

Hey are there any lego sets exclusive to Germany?  Got a friend studying abroad over there and want to see if there is anything I cant get in the states.

My Target had a few decent clearance items (Edgewood, Atlanta, Georgia) including the Fire Cargo Plane for 40 and the Ghost Train for 60. I'd bet they will probably drop one more round. Things were extremely limited though. Also, did anyone see minifigs clearanced? Our store only has the Green Ones (series 10?) and since they are already old I figured Target may drop them to 2 bucks.

My Target had a few decent clearance items (Edgewood, Atlanta, Georgia) including the Fire Cargo Plane for 40 and the Ghost Train for 60. I'd bet they will probably drop one more round. Things were extremely limited though. Also, did anyone see minifigs clearanced? Our store only has the Green Ones (series 10?) and since they are already old I figured Target may drop them to 2 bucks.
The Ghost Train was cheaper than that at Walmart a year ago. I think it was $54 for months. As for minifigs, all the Targets I went to for candy the day after Christmas was all out of them, so there's little chance I'll see a clearance for them.

The thing is months ago the Ghost Train was $54 everywhere and the Cargo plane was $38 for awhile on Target and Amazon. Amazon is spoiling us or maybe the B&M deals just suck. :lol:

Courtesy of slickdeals, yoyo.com is having a sale with some decent items available to anyone:

GS Galactic Titan $54 after coupon

SH Battle of Smallville $32 after coupon

Chima Gorilla Striker $32 after coupon

Coupon is TOYSALE20 and works for me, so no first-time-customer BS.
What? No new customer bullshit?!?! I do love that Titan set but I really need to save money.

They also have a $70, 664 piece Chima set with four wolves, a gorilla, and an eagle for $35.

http://www.yoyo.com/p/lego-chima-worriz-combat-lair-70009-807682

That's my local Target! I live just down Dekalb Industrial in Inman Park. I was there and picked up the fire helicopter for $17.xx on Sunday. They also had the LOTR pirate ship for $70 but I was hoping for another markdown. I was able to get the Krang for $1.19 which was a nice deal. The monster sets have been sitting there forever with no markdown and they start them with 15% which was a joke.

The series 8/9/10/11/12 all share the same dpci so there will be no markdowns on those.

I got the new catalog and magazine today, I really don't get the pricing.  There is one $20 set that is only a cop car and two motorcycles with 110, yet a $30 set with a cop SVU, bad guy truck, and tiny building with 249 pieces for $30.  Then a movie set with only robot cop and Emmet with a future police car for $30 that has 314 pieces.  Right underneath it two crazy mechs, three mini figures and 412 pieces for $35.

Yeah I got the catalog over the weekend too and its the second one in a row without a coupon. Though nowadays the coupons not really good for all that much.

Got five of the TMNT polys for 75% off at Target. Haven't been hitting the stores hard but not seeing much in the ways of clearance anywhere

bread's done
Back