LEGO Deals 3

That's my local Target! I live just down Dekalb Industrial in Inman Park. I was there and picked up the fire helicopter for $17.xx on Sunday. They also had the LOTR pirate ship for $70 but I was hoping for another markdown. I was able to get the Krang for $1.19 which was a nice deal. The monster sets have been sitting there forever with no markdown and they start them with 15% which was a joke.

The series 8/9/10/11/12 all share the same dpci so there will be no markdowns on those.
I would have loved that but my 5 year old, who only does city right now already has half of the new stuff to build from his grandparents that spoil him rotten.

I've eyeballed the Ghost Train forever because like you said, they have been there for months. I'm hoping it will make it to 40. I got the haunted mansion at a flea market for 100 (I've never seen it on sale) and we put it in a hollowed out TV we have for Halloween. I'd like to accessorize it but the Ghost Train may not be a good fit anyway.

Weird about the minifigs but considering stores get random assortments ( I still see 8 in some stores) I guess it makes sense.

My wife and I also picked up the Fire Brigade at the Stone Crest store since it's now OOP. Does anyone know which modular is next on the chopping block? We love those building and don't want to pay marked up collector prices down the road.

If anyone finds the LotR Orc Forge set at a Lego shop for the 27.98 markdown, please buy one for me! :D. Came up to NYC for New Years but the store here is a nightmare, I fought through it but didn't see any unfortunately.

I would have loved that but my 5 year old, who only does city right now already has half of the new stuff to build from his grandparents that spoil him rotten.

I've eyeballed the Ghost Train forever because like you said, they have been there for months. I'm hoping it will make it to 40. I got the haunted mansion at a flea market for 100 (I've never seen it on sale) and we put it in a hollowed out TV we have for Halloween. I'd like to accessorize it but the Ghost Train may not be a good fit anyway.

Weird about the minifigs but considering stores get random assortments ( I still see 8 in some stores) I guess it makes sense.

My wife and I also picked up the Fire Brigade at the Stone Crest store since it's now OOP. Does anyone know which modular is next on the chopping block? We love those building and don't want to pay marked up collector prices down the road.
Grand Emporium was the next release after Fire Brigade so that should be the next retiree.

You guys weren't kidding.  Worst Target Christmas clearance ever.

I went to five stores today.  All of them had plenty of Lego sets and at least something on clearance, but most of it sucked.  One or two items per store at most.

Store #1: small GS sets.  They had a City and SW Advent calendar....at full price.  Picked up 3 TMNT Krang polys.

Store #2: LR Mine for $58 (ouch), LOTR Council of Elrond for 18.98, GS Warp Stinger for 20.98.  Krang polys!

Store #3: Krang polys!

Store #4: I found Attack of the Wargs and the Old Republic Starfighter!  And they were MSRP!  Crap!

Store #5: small GS sets and a whole lotta nothin'

I've been wanting to pay $40 for a Ghost Train for over a year now.  Never seen it.  Didn't see any Ghost Trains today at any price.  No Monster Hunters at all, now that I think about it.

A couple of stores didn't even have clearance aisles -- just a mixture of endcap and in-place clearance items.  There were plenty of Lego sets but very few of them were on clearance, and no big or major sets. 

Clearance was also inconsistent.  The one consistent thing seemed to be the GS sets from the Warp Stinger pricepoint and under were on clearance, but nothing bigger.  The LR Mine was on clearance at one Target, but not at others. 

I got the new catalog and magazine today, I really don't get the pricing. There is one $20 set that is only a cop car and two motorcycles with 110, yet a $30 set with a cop SVU, bad guy truck, and tiny building with 249 pieces for $30. Then a movie set with only robot cop and Emmet with a future police car for $30 that has 314 pieces. Right underneath it two crazy mechs, three mini figures and 412 pieces for $35.
I saw the catalog in my stack of mail after you said this and looked through. It only makes sense if the $20 set with 110 pieces was mispriced. Because the $30 set has the same amount of minifigs, plus what looks like 2 dogs, and about 100 more pieces. If the 110 piece was supposed to be $12.99, the whole thing makes more sense.

I saw the catalog in my stack of mail after you said this and looked through. It only makes sense if the $20 set with 110 pieces was mispriced. Because the $30 set has the same amount of minifigs, plus what looks like 2 dogs, and about 100 more pieces. If the 110 piece was supposed to be $12.99, the whole thing makes more sense.
But it's not. There was this years Coast Guard set that has like 114 pieces and $20 when you can get any of the $20 trucks with an other mini figure or two and 100 more pieces.

It makes no sense, it's worse than Star wars pricing. There is a Police hideout and helicopter set for $75 and only 528 pieces when The LEGO Movie has two sets with more or equal mini figures and 738 and 859 for only $70. I just don't get it.

I really like that helicopter but not at that price. I know there will be deals but since I almost never pay Msrp thanks to this thread the starting point is a turnoff. Meanwhile the friends sets kick the city sets' butt.

But it's not. There was this years Coast Guard set that has like 114 pieces and $20 when you can get any of the $20 trucks with an other mini figure or two and 100 more pieces.

It makes no sense, it's worse than Star wars pricing. There is a Police hideout and helicopter set for $75 and only 528 pieces when The LEGO Movie has two sets with more or equal mini figures and 738 and 859 for only $70. I just don't get it.
It's always been like that to me. The modular sets have over 2,000 pieces on average and are twice as big as the largest standard sets. and yet they only cost 50 dollars more. The biggest thing keeping me from starting up Star Wars sets with me son is the pricing. Only the larger sets seem interesting and they are all on the higher side of price. I think the only way I'll start now is if I slowly accumulate some through clearance.

I stopped by the local(ish) TRU yesterday since I had some credit to use and they had the movie sets out.  I grabbed the small set with Sheriff Not-A-Robot and the Police Hovercar.  Both are nice sets.  The sheriff makes a great human sheriff once you swap out his head and came with 2 of the awesome mustaches.  I have yet to build the hovercar but it looks cool and came with 4 of those pylon things I need tons of to make my train track elevated the way I want.

Now that my roommate has moved out and taken his stuff with him, I have a ton of space in my finished basement to set up a nice Lego display.  I'm thinking of grabbing a bunch of tables and do a big U shape so I can easily get to everything.  My only problem is finding some tables cheap enough to use for this purpose. Depending on size I may need to get as many as 6.

This may sound weird but I actually use a closet door as a table. I got a solid slab door from home depot for ~$27 and set it on top of 2 small bookcases. It's 3' by 6.6' or 3 by 8 in baseplates. I think I might add a second one to make it an L.

A agree with Penguin, except for some reason pirate ships are always more expensive so I say $200-$250.

I wish LEGO would make some pirate SMALL ships.

Last edited by a moderator:
A agree with Penguin, except for some reason pirate ships are always more expensive so I say $200-$250.

I wish LEGO would make some pirate ships.
They have made a few but this is only the second large one similar to the Imperial Flagship piece count. I bet 200 and for that price I'll definitely buy it to build with my son. I think the eccentric nature of some of the Lego Movie builds will be more entertaining than our standard City fare.

You just devastated me. You said Pirate ship and I was (for some stupid reason) fully expecting one from the Pirate line. I think I am going to go cry now.

25 years, always a chance for a special one year Pirate theme, but I wouldn't bet on it.

We are getting new trains and a new station (yay).... and....

ARÇTIC!!!!!

60051 - High speed passenger train 610 pieces 32145 HUF~110EUR
60052 - Cargo train 888 pieces 53585 HUF~160-180 EUR0
60050 - Train station 423 pieces 12860 HUF ~ 40-50EUR
60036 - Arctic basic camp 733 pieces 23535 HUF~80-90 EUR
60034 - Arctic lifting helicopter 262 pieces
60035 - Arctic research lab 374 pieces
60033 - Arctic crawler vehicle 113 pieces

And Agents?!?!

The LEGO Movie space ship is neat.

Agents

Caught in the Dungeon (70162) – $35
Toxikita Toxic Accident (70163) – $50
Sweeping Action Robber (70164) – $70
Ultra Agent Headquarters (70165) – $125

City

Arctic Snowmobile (60032) – 44 pcs – $7
Arctic Tracked Vehicle (60033) – 113 pcs – $15
Arctic Lift Helicopter (60034) – 262 pcs – $30
Arctic Research Station (60035) – 374 pcs – $40
Arctic Base Camp (60036) – 733 pcs – $100
Railway Station (60050) – 423 pcs – $50
High-Speed Passenger Train (60051) – 610 pcs – $120
Cargo Train (60052) – 888 pcs – $180

Creator

Bicycle Shop & Cafe (31026) – 1023 pcs – $80

Friends

Olivia Ice Cream Cycle (41030) – 98 pcs – $13
Andrea’s Mountain Hut (41031) – 119 pcs – $13
First Aid Jungle Bike (41032) – 156 pcs – $17
Jungle Waterfall Rescue (41033) – 183 pcs – $20
Summer Caravan (41034) – 297 pcs – $30
Save the Jungle Bridge (41036) – 365 pcs – $35
Rescue Base in the Jungle (41038) – 473 pcs – $70
Seal on a Rock (41047) – 37 pcs – $4
Lion in the Savannah (41048) – 43 pcs – $4
Panda in the Bamboo (41049) – 47 pcs – $4
Heartlake Shopping Center (41058) – xxx pcs – $125

Legends of Chima

Vardy Ice Vulture (70141) – 217 pcs – $25
Eris Fire Eagle Plane (70142) – 330 pcs – $35
Sir Fangarm Sabre-tooth Tiger (70143) – 415 pcs – $50
Laval Fire Lion (70144) – 450 pcs – $60
Maula Ice Mammoth (70145) – 604 pcs – $75
Flight to the Phoenix Fire Temple (70146) – 1,301 pcs – $150

Ninjago

X-1 Ninja Battle Machine (70727) – xxx pcs – $50
Battle for the City (70728) – xxx pcs – $125

Star Wars

Phantom (75048) – xxx pcs – $25
Snowspeeder (75049) – 278 pcs – $40
B-Wing (75050) – 448 pcs – $60
Jedi Hunter Frontier (75051) – 490 pcs – $70
Mos Eisley Cantina (75052) – 615 pcs – $80
The Ghost (75053) – xxx pcs – $100
AT-AT (75054) – 1,138 pcs – $120
Imperial Star Destroyer (75055) – xxx pcs – $150

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Turtle Van Takedown (79115) – 368 pcs – $40
Big Rig Snow Getaway (79116) – 741 pcs – $70
Turtle Lair Invasion (79117) – 888 pcs – $100
Karai Bike Escape (79118) – 88 pcs – $13
Mutation Chamber Unleashed (79119) – 196 pcs – $25
T-Rawket Sky Strike (79120) – 286 pcs – $35
Turtle Sub Undersea Chase (79121) – 684 pcs – $60

The LEGO Movie

Emmet’s Construction Mech (70814) – 707 pcs – $70
Police Dropship (70815) – 853 pcs – $100
Benny’s Spaceship (70816) – 939 pcs – $125

- See more at: http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-2014-summer-set-rumors/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LegoEverlasting-LegoReviewsNews+%28The+Brick+Fan+-+LEGO+Reviews+%26+News%29#sthash.0zNIFLPM.dpuf

Andrea's Mountain Hut? Rescue Base in the Jungle? Friends is going in an odd and unexpected direction. It is like they have gone hippy or something. But those little $4 sets seem great for the animals.

The animal sets are $5, and we are getting a fucking mall.

It sounds like the girls are going away for a semester abroad, seems like a good idea to me.  People were complaining about getting so many stores and farms that are only slightly different.

Creator

Bicycle Shop & Cafe (31026) – 1023 pcs – $80

I can't wait to see this. Strange we would get another bike shop after Town Square includes one. Can't wait to see the trains and station too.

My only clearance find this post holiday is a 2x2 storage brick from Marshall's/Home Goods for $12. They had 1x2 for $8 also. Found the head storage at TJ Maxx for $13 but they only had the female version and I wanted the guy one.

I'm really excited for Arctic.  I missed out on the last sets for half off (besides the small ones) because I didn't have a credit card at the time.  I'm so looking forward to what the modern version might be.

Plus maybe more polar bears.

Oh god now I can't wait until summer.  That brickbeard pirate ship....

jKLBccK.jpg

Also whats the going rate for castle, kingdoms, etc lots?  Someone on Reddit is willing to sell me a 5lb lot of Kingdoms/Castle pieces.  

I'm looking at 60046, the HUGELY overpriced police helicopter set.  The little bad guy's hideout has those brick bricks, including a new to me 1x4 brick brick, which I think is kind of dumb.

I'm enjoying the Friends theme, even though I never bought a set.  The new tractor set 41026 is really nice.  Five red apples, cherries and 6 new strawberry tile pieces.  Then 41035 juice bar has the new pineapple pieces and a nice range of fruit, the lemonade stand with the cookies, the beach house is boxy but neat,

This probably makes me a bad person, but I intensely dislike each and every LEGO movie set I've seen thus far ... the only one I can mildly stand is the Fire Engine mech and that's one piece out of a three piece set. Maybe I'm just getting old, but the rest of the line just seems really thrown together and childish. *sigh*

This probably makes me a bad person, but I intensely dislike each and every LEGO movie set I've seen thus far ... the only one I can mildly stand is the Fire Engine mech and that's one piece out of a three piece set. Maybe I'm just getting old, but the rest of the line just seems really thrown together and childish. *sigh*
Really? I quite like them. They're very creative, though the unfortunate part is that the 2-in-1 models all require rebuilds. I think that Fire Mech is amazing. I'm really looking forward to that one, as well as the Ice Cream and Garbage Truck. TRU currently has them at MSRP, so hopefully they'll have a sale without an additional markup in the not too distant future.

Stopped by the Lego Store today. They had the new minifigures, so I felt up a bunch of them, scoring 14 of the possible 16. I did not feel any Sombrero Guy or Mermaids. I don't think they had any, though with others also going through the minifigs, it was hard to know I had gotten every last one. So far, I've opened the Panda Suit Guy and the Robo-Madam, both of which are fantastic.

I also picked up the Parisian Cafe. I've figured out that modulars are my favorite builds, and there's no sense waiting X months for an additional 5% back sometime.

I like the evil lair from the movie theme. My daughter really likes the Friends theme, but she is pretty much the target audience. I think she will like some of the new sets and might have to pick up some of them.

No, I get that. The style of the movie is kind of a nod to the idea that a really talented kid just sort of made up from a great selection of lego parts. I love the multi build options of some of them though and will potentially get a few. Oh, and I will get that boat...

I don't know...I got my son the Garbage Truck one and I thought it was pretty awesome.  Looks excellent as a typical garbage truck, and looks awesome as monster garbage truck ship thing too.

Some of the movie sets i really like and some, like the Pirate and fire mechs, I don't.  What I really hate is Emmet.  I find him to be annoying and if he has to be in all 17-18  sets than I rather they made him look better.

The best thing with the sets are the value.  $30 sets that are 2 in one and have 300 to 400 pieces and are excellent in both is really nice.  i don't know how no one can't like the ice cream truck.  Awesome truck, awesome mini figures, awesome pieces.  I'm glad i didn't buy the $20 trash truck now that the $30 one is so much better, and eats robots.  :lol:

Picked up all the new movie minifigs. Have an extra scribble face bad cop and no pants guy (also series 11 tiki warrior) for trade if anyone's interested

I grabbed the motorcycle chase movie set today and built it at work (slow day). I have to agree with what others have been saying, these movie sets are refreshing after so many same-looking City sets and too much Ninjago and Chima stuff. I really like the look of Wildstyle's Akira-esque motor cycle and the Super Secret Police truck is a satisfying chunk of intimidating black and white plastic. I'm getting the sense from these sets that the heroes are going to be tearing stuff apart and rebuilding all over the place. I sure hope it doesn't make the movie too frenetic.

Some of the sets don't seem to make much sense on their own without the context of the film to put them in order. The kebob stand mech especially threw me until I read through my kid's Lego magazine and the movie plot is sort of summarized there. 

What kind of box did you use for the funhouse? That set weighs less than 3lbs in a USPS priority box.
You're right. It was 2 lb 8 oz (2.5 lbs). I got it confused with something else I was shipping that day that was 5 lbs 7 oz. But still, 5lbs of legos probably cost about $80 new at MSRP.

I kind of like the movie sets.  Thankfully they can still be used as  good looking regular sets and are not limited to their crazy forms (Though I like that fire mech a lot!). Emmet doesn't bother me.  He can be used as a generic construction worker and that's ok with me.  I can swap out faces/hair and give helmets and still use that minifig.  To me that is far superior to a more unique character of whom doubles are worthless

Not sure if completely YMMV, but I was at Walgreens today and stopped in my tracks at an endcap just before and to the side of the toy aisle.  They had LEGO sets clearanced at 50% off.

Picked up:

Star Wars Corporate Alliance Tank Droid $9.99

TMNT Stealth Shell In Pursuit $9.99

City Surfer Rescue $3.49

Also Saw:

City Fire Truck $9.99

City Police ATV $3.49 (tons of these)

Star Wars AT-RT $9.99 (already have this one)

RE: Movie sets:  Cloud Cuckoo Palace looks exactly like Sugar Rush from Wreck-it Ralph. I have a 6" figure of him that would go perfect with that set.  A  bit high at $20, though.

In the LEGO catalog they boast this set as being 2" deep; not sure what they think we're planning on doing with Unikitty, exactly...

Wow. Had no idea Walgreens had LEGO. Maybe its just seasonal. Kind of like Kohl's and the 3ds.

I'll have to go check my local one out now.

Not sure if completely YMMV, but I was at Walgreens today and stopped in my tracks at an endcap just before and to the side of the toy aisle. They had LEGO sets clearanced at 50% off.

Picked up:
Star Wars Corporate Alliance Tank Droid $9.99
TMNT Stealth Shell In Pursuit $9.99
City Surfer Rescue $3.49

Also Saw:
City Fire Truck $9.99
City Police ATV $3.49 (tons of these)
Star Wars AT-RT $9.99 (already have this one)
This is YMMV. Redondo Beach CA Walgreens had these same sets at full price. They were even relocated from the endcap where they were last week so I don't expect the prices to change. Bummer.

My Walgreens has very few LEGO sets.  It's random, not seasonal.  Kind of like TJ Maxx, they get them once in a blue moon, mainly only 1-3 small sets at a time.

Saw some of the Movie sets and ran across the new minifigs at Target.  Didn't buy any though.  The movie sets are a mess, however the Ice Cream truck will be a purchase.  That will fit right in with the Friends' line.

My Walgreens has very few LEGO sets. It's random, not seasonal. Kind of like TJ Maxx, they get them once in a blue moon, mainly only 1-3 small sets at a time.
I work for Walgreens and it is seasonal this time. We carry a few small sets year round, but the rest came in for a Christmas endcap. Not every store received the display however. We never even received all of the different sets pictured for the display. I havent seen a corporate markdown on the LEGO sets yet so any markdowns are likely from the manager at the particular store.

bread's done
Back