LEGO Deals 3

Anyone know the box breakdown for the new minifigs?

2 Calamity Drones
6 President Business(s)
6 Hard Hat Emmet(s)
4 Wild West Wyldstyle(s)
4 Abraham Lincoln(s)
2 Mrs. Scratchen-Post(s)
6 Scribble-Face Bad Cops
2 William Shakespeare(s)
2 Gail the Construction Worker(s)
4 Larry the Barista(s)
2 Velma Staplebot(s)
4 Taco Tuesday Guys
4 ’Where are my pants?’ Guys
4 Wiley Fusebot(s)
6 Panda Guys
2 Marsha Queen of the Mermaids

Courtesy of eurobricks review http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=88428&st=0

I suck at feeling the minifigure bags apparently. Bought 5 bags tonight and got 2 Larry the Barista and 3 Pandas. Guess Ill throw the extras on ebay. PM me if anyone is interested in a trade

I suck at feeling the minifigure bags apparently. Bought 5 bags tonight and got 2 Larry the Barista and 3 Pandas. Guess Ill throw the extras on ebay. PM me if anyone is interested in a trade
Lol I was wondering if this would work...I'd like to get 3 for my little girl. The mermaid, cat lady, and the wild west lady. It seems like most have a distinct part to feel for but I guess it's not that easy? I've stayed away from collecting these thankfully.

There are still unique things to feel for, but it seems (to me at least) that there are a bunch of figures with very similar accessories.  A ton of tablets, for instance.  Though I haven't really found a full box yet to look through.

I felt a whole box out yesterday and couldn't find a single Abe Lincoln. I thought it was untouched but maybe someone else got to it first. Anyway, saw a box today and found an Abe in the third pack I grabbed. This is probably my favorite mini fig I've ever seen.

I felt a whole box out yesterday and couldn't find a single Abe Lincoln. I thought it was untouched but maybe someone else got to it first. Anyway, saw a box today and found an Abe in the third pack I grabbed. This is probably my favorite mini fig I've ever seen.
Too bad the beard is attached to the hat.

I'm not good at feeling them either. There is at least one bump code video out there, but I prefer to have a visual/printout to look at when using the bump code method.

Does anybody have set 60003 city fire emergency .. I bought this for my son and it was missing the hose part .. Now I can't find where he put the damn instructions .. Can somebody post the pictures of the part list and code on back of the instructions so I can contact lego for the replacement parts .. Thanks in advance

Some of the items will not show up in the parts breakdown on the Missing A Piece form. In those cases, you just have to describe what it is in the form. Had to do that for a missing piece on the winter cottage.

I bought a few bags and managed to get

Panda Guy

Hard Hat Emmet
Abraham Lincoln(the one I wanted most)
William Shakespeare
Gail the Construction Worker
Taco Tuesday Guy (Really wanted him too)

And somehow I managed to get 2 ’Where are my pants?’ Guys

Had off today and was bored so I finished moving the majority of my backlogged Lego into a closet.  Just about everything is in there except the polybags that are in 2 containers and the Grand Emporium I finally grabbed.  That will get built soon though so it will never make it into the closet.  

Despite that tribute to laziness I do build things, I swear!  It's just that the built sets are scattered around in so many places I couldn't really get any good pics except maybe of my city setup on a table in the basement.  That I could probably do if I clean it up a bit.  It took a bit of a beating moving stuff around when my friend moved out and some things need to be rebuilt.

I stopped in a Lego store in NJ today with a friend and he decided to pick up some minifigs.  Oddly they had a box of them behind the counter pre-labeled manually identifying which each one was and asked him if he'd prefer those instead.  He did and got most of the set with no doubles but the cop who he chose to get 2 of.  I probably should have taken them up on that offer as well....I've bought 17 of the movie wave so far and have 6 Emmets and a ton of other doubles.

Despite that tribute to laziness I do build things, I swear! It's just that the built sets are scattered around in so many places I couldn't really get any good pics except maybe of my city setup on a table in the basement. That I could probably do if I clean it up a bit. It took a bit of a beating moving stuff around when my friend moved out and some things need to be rebuilt.

I stopped in a Lego store in NJ today with a friend and he decided to pick up some minifigs. Oddly they had a box of them behind the counter pre-labeled manually identifying which each one was and asked him if he'd prefer those instead. He did and got most of the set with no doubles but the cop who he chose to get 2 of. I probably should have taken them up on that offer as well....I've bought 17 of the movie wave so far and have 6 Emmets and a ton of other doubles.
Those seem like a lot of random sets. How do you collect? Do you try to complete a series or theme? Sadly, I think the only I have the space for are the modular buildings and even then I'm only willing to buy the new ones (and maybe the old ones if I can find them as low as 400).

Those seem like a lot of random sets. How do you collect? Do you try to complete a series or theme? Sadly, I think the only I have the space for are the modular buildings and even then I'm only willing to buy the new ones (and maybe the old ones if I can find them as low as 400).
Yep, they are pretty much random. I'm not a completionist anymore. I buy what i like, or what I find cheap enough. I have 2 main setups. City and a Fantasy/Castle setup. I have no problem repurposing sets for Fantasy/Castle if they will fit in. That includes a lot of things like the Prince of Persia stuff, Atlantis and Chima (Minus the tech of course), Pirates, etc. Other lines if I see something cool I'll grab it. Despite being a Star Wars fan I often pass on the sets because the minifigs can't really be repurposed. Good sales will get me to buy things I otherwise wouldn't just for the parts. If it's something really good or has parts I really like I have no problem going nuts. I think I have about 20 Minotaurus boxes since the green is useful for building a good hedge maze around one of my castles and it comes with a base plate. Other things I buy just because I think they look cool. Probably the closest I come to completionist on would be the modular buildings, but I missed out on the Green Grocer and I often consider selling the Cafe so I'll never be fully complete there.

I don't generally sell my sets. I have only sold one, and that was the old Batcave when it was going for crazy money. I have one of the old Star Destroyers (And the Cafe) that I often consider selling because the sheer amount they will bring will buy me an awful lot of new sets. So basically I only would sell to further fund my horribly expensive hobby heh.

I also try to avoid stuff I think is overpriced. I'd love to grab an Ewok village to modify for use as an Elf village, but the price is just too much. Expensive things I have were bought originally or obtained through the method for getting them (Like the store sets, I got at actual openings, I didn't pay eBay prices).

Yep, they are pretty much random. I'm not a completionist anymore. I buy what i like, or what I find cheap enough. I have 2 main setups. City and a Fantasy/Castle setup. I have no problem repurposing sets for Fantasy/Castle if they will fit in. That includes a lot of things like the Prince of Persia stuff, Atlantis and Chima (Minus the tech of course), Pirates, etc. Other lines if I see something cool I'll grab it. Despite being a Star Wars fan I often pass on the sets because the minifigs can't really be repurposed. Good sales will get me to buy things I otherwise wouldn't just for the parts. If it's something really good or has parts I really like I have no problem going nuts. I think I have about 20 Minotaurus boxes since the green is useful for building a good hedge maze around one of my castles and it comes with a base plate. Other things I buy just because I think they look cool. Probably the closest I come to completionist on would be the modular buildings, but I missed out on the Green Grocer and I often consider selling the Cafe so I'll never be fully complete there.

I don't generally sell my sets. I have only sold one, and that was the old Batcave when it was going for crazy money. I have one of the old Star Destroyers (And the Cafe) that I often consider selling because the sheer amount they will bring will buy me an awful lot of new sets. So basically I only would sell to further fund my horribly expensive hobby heh.

I also try to avoid stuff I think is overpriced. I'd love to grab an Ewok village to modify for use as an Elf village, but the price is just too much. Expensive things I have were bought originally or obtained through the method for getting them (Like the store sets, I got at actual openings, I didn't pay eBay prices).
That's awesome. They're toys, have fun with them. Very, very jealous of Cafe Corner. If it's opened and used and you ever feel like selling I might could give you a decent deal on it. If it's sealed sell it to a collector. I build everything I buy.

I'm not good at feeling them either. There is at least one bump code video out there, but I prefer to have a visual/printout to look at when using the bump code method.
I couldn't manage the bump codes to save my life, but here's a guide to how I distinguished the Movie figures. Unless there's a really obvious part, I usually try to find a distinguishing part and confirm it with another part. This helps prevent duplicates.

Calamity Drone -- feel for the rifle. If you found the dress base, confirm it with the rifle.
President Business -- feel for the cup -- the handle distinguishes it from Larry. Confirm with the hair if you need to.
Hard Hat Emmet -- Feel for the tile, confirm with the hard hat. (It has ridges; Bad Cop does not)
Wild West Wyldstyle -- Feel for the dress and confirm with the fan. If you find the fan first, confirm with the dress, but it's unique.
Abraham Lincoln -- The hat is very obvious, although if you find the square tile first, confirm with the hat.
Mrs. Scratchen-Post -- This is the only figure with very long hair. Find the hair first, then the cat.
Scribble-Face Bad Cop -- Feel for the tile and confirm with the handcuffs. The handcuffs are easy to distinguish this figure.
William Shakespeare -- Feel for the square tile and confirm with the neck ruffle.

Gail the Construction Worker -- This one is easy -- the jackhammer is very obvious.
Larry the Barista -- feel for the cup and make sure it doesn't have the handle. Confirm with the hair.
Velma Staplebot -- You'll probably feel the hair first -- confirm it with the square tile to distinguish it from Wyldstyle.
Taco Tuesday Guys -- Don't have him yet, but the hat or the plate should be dead obvious.
’Where are my pants?’ -- This one is tough because it's the pants that distinguish it. If you are lost, hold one pair of pants and feel for another one.
Wiley Fusebot -- This one is easy to mistake for another one. Always confirm with the dynamite -- you should be able to feel the ridge around the middle and the fuse. The gun is relatively easy to find, but confirm with the dynamite.
Panda Guy -- If you have something that feels round, it's either Panda Guy or Velma. Feel for the ears to distinguish them, and then confirm with the little panda. Just keep feeling until you feel the arms of the little panda
Marsha Queen of the Mermaids -- Don't have her either, but the tail is very obvious.

The first time I tried feeling for figures, I wasn't very good at it. Practice helps. I suggest you don't look at the bag, as that doesn't help at all. If I look away, I find it easier to build an image in my mind. Then, it's just a matter of shuffling the bag so you ignore the head, torso, legs, and baseplate and find the smallest piece you can distinguish.

After that, it's just a matter of elimination based on what you feel. It gets easier.

Also, it helps immensely if you have the box (which has all their pictures) or one of the foldout sheets from any one of the bags. That way, you don't have to carry so much in your head and you can concentrate on feel. For this set and the last one, I bought one bag at random, opened it up and used the foldout sheet as a legend. Cool Lego store employees might give you one.

This wave is full of win. I love having Shakespeare next to Lincoln, hanging out with a robotic madam and a cat-hair covered cat lady.

I managed to get the two must haves for my kid (panda guy and Lincoln) on the first try so no pressure for the rest of the set.

The Lincoln hat is obvious and the attached beard is squishy. The little panda has longer arms than I expected. It's the same as the elf teddy bear from last set so go off of that.

Thanks Bland. I am going to print out your guide and tape it to the back do one of the foldout sheets. Will test it out next time I pick up some minifigs.

That's awesome. They're toys, have fun with them. Very, very jealous of Cafe Corner. If it's opened and used and you ever feel like selling I might could give you a decent deal on it. If it's sealed sell it to a collector. I build everything I buy.
I have a friend who just opened the UCS TIE Interceptor to build. He said it was rough knowing how much he could get for it.

Managed to get Lincoln and Shakespeare today with some Kmart points.  Now I just want Taco Tuesday guy.

Also picked up one the cheap movie sets at a Goodwill for $4.  Pleased with that.

Also saw a Ninjago Epic Dragon Battle on clearance at Target for around $84.

Grabbed the Wyldstyle, Lincoln, and Panda last night...wanna get the cat lady and the mermaid for my daughter but feeling for these definitely wasnt as easy as i thought it would be. That being said, the only place I could find any was at TRU and they only had 1 box which was at the CS desk as I was about to leave the store. It was a little awkward feeling the packs with 2-3 CS people watching so I didnt really get to feel as much as I wanted. Do all major stores carry these? I went to TRU who had a big section where series 11 and 12 labels were but the shelves were completely empty (just found the one box mentioned), then Target had an end rack that would hold quite a few but it was empty, then we stopped by a Walmart too and they didnt have any of the movie stuff at all.

I tested it out at the Lego store today. Haven't had a chance to open them up to see how accurate I was. The employees were really nice and even brought us a sheet to help out in case we needed it.

Got the Benny poster and the Friends Dolphin Cruiser for my daughter. The movie sets are growing on me and I might have to pick up a few.

Well, managed to fell a full set out for the fiancee. Last one was the Shakespeare guy. He just wasn't being left in cases... Ended up with an extra of the main evil guy, a panda, Lincoln, and the dynamite robot.

Grabbed the Wyldstyle, Lincoln, and Panda last night...wanna get the cat lady and the mermaid for my daughter but feeling for these definitely wasnt as easy as i thought it would be. That being said, the only place I could find any was at TRU and they only had 1 box which was at the CS desk as I was about to leave the store. It was a little awkward feeling the packs with 2-3 CS people watching so I didnt really get to feel as much as I wanted. Do all major stores carry these? I went to TRU who had a big section where series 11 and 12 labels were but the shelves were completely empty (just found the one box mentioned), then Target had an end rack that would hold quite a few but it was empty, then we stopped by a Walmart too and they didnt have any of the movie stuff at all.
I was at Target yesterday and they had a whole bunch. I wasn't in the mood to feel them up (too tired) but at TRU i have never had an issue with feeling up bags at the desk. They know people do that.

I was at Target yesterday and they had a whole bunch. I wasn't in the mood to feel them up (too tired) but at TRU i have never had an issue with feeling up bags at the desk. They know people do that.
Went to another Target and TRU today...the Target was the same as the last one, had a big endcap on an aisle but every little box was completely empty. The TRU had them in a big dump bin in the Lego section. Felt probably 40-50 packs and found no mermaid :(. I did get a cat lady and Mexican guy to go with the other 3 I got.

Put together the Garbage Truck today. Pretty cool for being a frankenstein lego. I bought it for my son's birthday but didn't notice that it says 8+ instead of the standard 5+ for most city sets. He held his own but definitely a step up. We're going to keep the box and potentially complete the movie collection since it has little chance of getting expanded. 

There will be a few more movie sets later this year and who knows with a sequel.   :)

So there are some ugly, UGLY pictures of the summer sets.  They look horrible, but the pictures are so bad who knows.

However I say the sets are bad because of this train piece....

https://imageshack.com/i/07q3jmj

Kind of wish I bought the current red one for $95.

The rest...

https://imageshack.com/a/srBq/1

And I build the bugs from the orange and white GS mech set.  Kind of wish I got some more of the sets for 40-50% off.

Last edited by a moderator:
There will be a few more movie sets later this year and who knows with a sequel. :)

So there are some ugly, UGLY pictures of the summer sets. They look horrible, but the pictures are so bad who knows.

However I say the sets are bad because of this train piece....

https://imageshack.com/i/07q3jmj

Kind of wish I bought the current red one for $95.

The rest...

https://imageshack.com/a/srBq/1

And I build the bugs from the orange and white GS mech set. Kind of wish I got some more of the sets for 40-50% off.
Hmm looks like a new Xmen set with at least Storm, Wolverine with mask, and Magneto. Doesnt look that great but ill have to get it lol.

I hate to sound ungrateful but who took those photos, Stevie Wonder? I'm sure it was a guy at a Lego store trying to take quick shots in the back before his manager noticed but they're so bad. What line is the big thing with a club to?

I took better pictures when I was too.  They had to be fro mEurope so it must be one of the 10 year olds there that can't figure out how to aim yet.

Thankfully Toy Fair season is in about a month so we will get a lot more pictures and prices.

I'm disappointed by the amount of orange in the Arctic sets.  When will LEGO realize that it's worse than lime green in large amounts, less is way way more.

I took better pictures when I was too. They had to be fro mEurope so it must be one of the 10 year olds there that can't figure out how to aim yet.

Thankfully Toy Fair season is in about a month so we will get a lot more pictures and prices.

I'm disappointed by the amount of orange in the Arctic sets. When will LEGO realize that it's worse than lime green in large amounts, less is way way more.
The second link of pic keeps crashing my iPad browser so I can't see it right now, but yeah, those pics are pretty bad. I'm not surprised at the amount of orange on arctic sets. That is a pretty common color for stuff that operates under arctic conditions.

At least they are coming out with more Marvel sets. I've been playing Lego Marvel Super Heroes, and they certainly have designs for a lot of characters available.

That sentinel looks goofy though.

The Columbus wall is usually pretty basic. I was in there the day after Christmas, and the list looks like it's somewhat accurate from then. Differences I notice is they no longer had the gold cones, white grills, trans blue tiles, the textured 2x2 round brick, and most of the plates. 2x2 round brick has changed to trans blue, and they switched to gold grills. They also had some long white bricks, 1x8 or 1x10, I'm not sure which.
Went last night, and the wallofbricks link is probably 90% accurate. They had most of what you mentioned they didn't have when you went. Looking at the link again they didn't have any of the cone pieces, long white bricks, long red bricks, or sloped window. They also didn't have the 1x2 sloped tan brick which was a bummer. Got a bunch of the other tan bricks/plates though.

The second link of pic keeps crashing my iPad browser so I can't see it right now, but yeah, those pics are pretty bad. I'm not surprised at the amount of orange on arctic sets. That is a pretty common color for stuff that operates under arctic conditions.
Orange isn't bad, but it's too much. The first arctic sets were orange and blue, but the buildings were more blue.

Yeah, the garbage truck is pretty cool (at least the flying chomping one, haven't built the other mode yet).  I also built the ice cream truck (in ice cream truck mode, for my daughter), and while they do a good job hiding the pieces for the alt build, it still leaves you longing for a dedicated build for some of these utility vehicles.  What I like about them is that it encourages my daughter (and myself) to rebuild the sets instead of just building them, playing with them, then forgetting about them. 

Is the Simpsons minifig wave just a one time thing, or is it possible we'll get other licensed minifig waves (like Marvel or DC)?  Or is that too big of a money cow, to put Flash in a set with some useless big vehicles (I know Star Wars works kinda this way)

At least they are coming out with more Marvel sets. I've been playing Lego Marvel Super Heroes, and they certainly have designs for a lot of characters available.

That sentinel looks goofy though.
It took me a few seconds to realize that's what it was. If it wasn't for the color scheme and the head, I wouldn't have a clue what it was supposed to be.

It took me a few seconds to realize that's what it was. If it wasn't for the color scheme and the head, I wouldn't have a clue what it was supposed to be.
Yeah, there's a sentinel minifig in the game that looks decent enough, and you fight big sentinels that are just an enlarged version of the fig I guess. To make a decent sentinel out of Lego is probably cost prohibitive.

Yeah, the garbage truck is pretty cool (at least the flying chomping one, haven't built the other mode yet). I also built the ice cream truck (in ice cream truck mode, for my daughter), and while they do a good job hiding the pieces for the alt build, it still leaves you longing for a dedicated build for some of these utility vehicles. What I like about them is that it encourages my daughter (and myself) to rebuild the sets instead of just building them, playing with them, then forgetting about them.

Is the Simpsons minifig wave just a one time thing, or is it possible we'll get other licensed minifig waves (like Marvel or DC)? Or is that too big of a money cow, to put Flash in a set with some useless big vehicles (I know Star Wars works kinda this way)
Yeah I was wondering this too. With the Lego movie line and next the Simpsons...they'd definitely hook me with Super Heroes and a couple others.

Oh God, that Sentinel is ugly! And I had very high hopes when I heard about the Cantina set, but man am I underwhelmed. Quite a boring set. Maybe my wallet will be saved this summer.

Isn't the Flash in a $30 set?

I think the whole thing with mini figures from comics are the rights because mini figures are action figures and some other company probably owns the rights.

The pictures are so bad because they were going around the "Confidential" watermark so it can be shared on Eurobrick. They won't allow pictures with it but if you clearly just avoid them then no problem. Great logic.

Anyways, Kmart is having another % off clearance sale. Brickset members are reporting 50% but I found 75% at my store. Unfortunately there was absolutely nothing Lego related.

bread's done
Back