LEGO Deals 3

Opinions wanted.  

I'm itching to buy the UCS R2-D2.  How long do the UCS remain available?  I'd rather wait for a double VIP point day to grab it, but don't want to miss out if it's on the chopping block.  Second, how often does lego.com offer double point days?  

The B-Wing was a surprise for me to be retired early, but I recently thought about this as well. If any one goes first they still have the Death Star and the Super Star Destroyer.

What ever goes on sale this coming may 5th I would say is close to getting retired.

B2G1 at Fred Meyer this week. With the 10% off home coupon and it is a pretty sweet deal. Picked up the Brave set, the logging truck and the $20 movie set with the cat in it. $36 total for three newer sets is pretty sweet. Might have to pick up a few more sets. Also clearance started at FM today. Some China sets and a few other sets for about half off. King's castle was the highlight, but I just picked up the karate friends set and the SW battle pack with the droidekas. ~$4.50 for the friends set and ~$6 for the SW set. If you are close to a FM probably worth checking out as the 2 stores near me had dramatically different items in stock and neither had many older sets anyway.

First pic was taken at the Lego store, made by a local collector group. I got a kick out of what the firemen were using to get Santa out of the chimney so I thought I'd share

Over the weekend I decided to clean out and arrange my storage shed and once I got everything orderly took some pics. Not so much of my display but of my collection, which on the surface looks pretty modest but all of those boxes have as many other opened boxed sets that can fit nicely into them.

Damn someone grabbed the $23 new trash truck from AWD.

There is still one for $26 and a $15.60 yellow cement truck.

There is also a beach house for $35, a superman mech for less than $14, heavy lift helicopter for $34 (Great set) and the red Minecraft set for $26.

Last edited by a moderator:
A Tower of Orthanc came up on AWD for $162.xx in "very good" condition.

I've ordered a couple of sets in this condition before, and they always came really good, with small cosmetic damage.

Needless to say, I bit at that price. Really hope it is in good shape when it arrives!

A Tower of Orthanc came up on AWD for $162.xx in "very good" condition.

I've ordered a couple of sets in this condition before, and they always came really good, with small cosmetic damage.

Needless to say, I bit at that price. Really hope it is in good shape when it arrives!
lol ive been watching for one of those for weeks now. i have awd lord of the rings bookmarked and check it constantly throughout the day but still miss out somehow. ive only seen it on there for around $220-$260 even when they have it new in stock for only $199 lol. let us know how it looks when it comes in.

Thanks for the AWD heads up. Grabbed the copter and cement truck for my son. Didn't see the beach house (would have grabbed for daughter) but that isn't a big deal. She has been creating some cool Friends related stuff using the PAB bricks she chose after Xmas.

Target is running a big winter toy clearance. My wife found some Monster Fighters and Galaxy Squad sets for 50% off. I imagine some Targets will already be at 70%, but selection is definitely limited.

Target is running a big winter toy clearance. My wife found some Monster Fighters and Galaxy Squad sets for 50% off. I imagine some Targets will already be at 70%, but selection is definitely limited.
It's actually kind of sucked!!

Lego.com

Baxter Robot Rampage $19.99 http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Baxter-Robot-Rampage-79105?fromListing=listing

Wak'z Pack Tracker $14.99 http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Wakz-Pack-Tracker-70004?fromListing=listing

I went there looking for the Simpsons House but found some sort of sale today, http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Sales-And-Deals

Didn't see any LEGO clearance, but did pick up 17 transformer minifig packs for $0.88 each.

Just came from the Lego store and they were selling the Simpsons set for VIP members. The guy made it seem like being a VIP was some super exclusive club but he was just yanking my chain. Got my brother one, and I'm quite happy  O:)

The Goblin King Set finally reached 50% at my closest Target.  It was still 84.99 last week, I grabbed it for 50 because I don't think it will reach 70% off. While there, I also felt for the Movie minifigs: Gail the construction worker, West Wildstyle and Hard Hat Emmit to add to my Taco and Panda guys! This year's clearance pile was disappointing, nothing but toddler & kids toys.

It's actually kind of sucked!!

Lego.com

Baxter Robot Rampage $19.99 http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Baxter-Robot-Rampage-79105?fromListing=listing

Wak'z Pack Tracker $14.99 http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Wakz-Pack-Tracker-70004?fromListing=listing

I went there looking for the Simpsons House but found some sort of sale today, http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Sales-And-Deals
Didn't see any LEGO clearance, but did pick up 17 transformer minifig packs for $0.88 each.
Every Target is different. I thought it was decent. Picked up 2 MF Ghost Trains for $40 each, 2 MF Crazy Scientist+Monster for $25 each, Galaxy Squad Warp Stinger for $15, and a couple other Galaxy Squad sets whose names I can't remember. My wife also picked up a pink Duplo castle set.

Granted all of that came from 1 location, as the other Targets didn't even carry the MF or GS series..

Every Target is different. I thought it was decent. Picked up 2 MF Ghost Trains for $40 each, 2 MF Crazy Scientist+Monster for $25 each, Galaxy Squad Warp Stinger for $15, and a couple other Galaxy Squad sets whose names I can't remember. My wife also picked up a pink Duplo castle set.

Granted all of that came from 1 location, as the other Targets didn't even carry the MF or GS series..
I can't be the only person that read that as 2 mother fucking ghost trains and 2 mother fucking crazy scientist+monster, can I?

Edit: Hmm, where did the shaq-fus go?

I can't be the only person that read that as 2 mother fucking ghost trains and 2 mother fucking crazy scientist+monster, can I?

Close, but MF actually means Monkey Fighting

SNAKES%2BALT.png

Damn, finally found a tower for $162 on AWD but it must have gotten bought before I checked out :(

"We're Sorry

There are currently no Used listings for LEGO Lord of the Rings 10237 Tower of Orthanc Building Set. However, you can choose a different condition."

And yeah lol, I think that every time I see the MF abbreviation.

I bought 9 mini figures from Target and had no trouble figuring out what was what, but I got an evil guy instead of the Starbucks guy.

Damn, finally found a tower for $162 on AWD but it must have gotten bought before I checked out :(

"We're Sorry
There are currently no Used listings for LEGO Lord of the Rings 10237 Tower of Orthanc Building Set. However, you can choose a different condition.

And yeah lol, I think that every time I see the MF abbreviation.
Sorry dude but that was me. I jumped all over it.

Sorry dude but that was me. I jumped all over it.
No this was another one, unless you bought two lol. It was just added around 5pm est yesterday. I had read your post yesterday morning so I started checking even more just in case more came in later haha...ill find one eventually. :) Though I did manage to find a Like New Lake-Town Chase Building Set for only $40. I know itll be cheaper later in the year but went ahead and picked it up...for some reason this has been the only set that hasnt had any type of price reduction so far other than with stuff like get X amt off with an X amt purchase. Walmart and Target have had 15-20% off all the other 3 new Hobbit sets but this one they havent done that yet.

Also, for the new Xmen set with the sentinel...it showed Wolverine, Magneto, and Storm. Someone posted the full picture with the watermark (which got it removed) but some were saying it had Cyclops as well.

Just had my first meh experience with a Lego store.  I called to see if they would order the Curiosity Rover for me.  They said it is in stock online order it there if you want it.  I have been in the store plenty of times when they have taken phone orders for customers so I know they do it.  They even offered to order earlier in the week when I stopped by to see if they had it at the store (it was OOS online at the time).  

I wanted to do a father/daughter day and make this a surprise stop to pick it up (she is doing a space unit in school right now).  She loves going to the Lego store and I didn't just want it sent to the house.  Not a big deal, but definitely not the level service that I have come to expect from that location.   

Just had my first meh experience with a Lego store. I called to see if they would order the Curiosity Rover for me. They said it is in stock online order it there if you want it. I have been in the store plenty of times when they have taken phone orders for customers so I know they do it. They even offered to order earlier in the week when I stopped by to see if they had it at the store (it was OOS online at the time).

I wanted to do a father/daughter day and make this a surprise stop to pick it up (she is doing a space unit in school right now). She loves going to the Lego store and I didn't just want it sent to the house. Not a big deal, but definitely not the level service that I have come to expect from that location.
Try again tomorrow?

I haven't had a bad experience at a Lego store, but there are clearly employees who are there to be super helpful and there are those who are there to hang out with their friends. My local store has some superb employees, but when I was there on Friday, it was a bunch of kids who were not exactly rude, but certainly not there for the customers.

I finished up the Movie minifigures after a trip to Target. It's a good set, with a lot of variety.

I also finished the Parisian Cafe. That is a top tier set. Lots of clever, unexpected builds and not a sticker in sight. There are so many amazing details that I don't know I could choose a favorite. I am very impressed by the artist's loft and the roof, though.

I saw the Simpsons House on Friday and was tempted, but paying full price early isn't enough of an incentive. I do like it, though. There's a lot of details, it's big, and it isn't just a facade, which is something I hated about Arkham.

Just had my first meh experience with a Lego store. I called to see if they would order the Curiosity Rover for me. They said it is in stock online order it there if you want it. I have been in the store plenty of times when they have taken phone orders for customers so I know they do it. They even offered to order earlier in the week when I stopped by to see if they had it at the store (it was OOS online at the time).

I wanted to do a father/daughter day and make this a surprise stop to pick it up (she is doing a space unit in school right now). She loves going to the Lego store and I didn't just want it sent to the house. Not a big deal, but definitely not the level service that I have come to expect from that location.
As someone who just stopped working at the lego store, store policy is to do a shop and ship in store only when an item is not in store and ship it to your house, we cannot order things into the store for you to come pickup.

As someone who just stopped working at the lego store, store policy is to do a shop and ship in store only when an item is not in store and ship it to your house, we cannot order things into the store for you to come pickup.
That has always been my experience as well

Was at the lego store earlier and they didn't have any Simpsons houses out but I'm friendly with most of the employees so one of them brought one out of the back to show me. I knew since it was a 2500 piece set the box would be huge but man it truly is massive. As I was leaving another couple, no kid, came in asking for it and picked one up

Yeah that has been the rule for as long as there have been LEGO Stores.

Honestly I used to have phone issues with people that would want me to shop over the phone with them at a home improvement store. I don't have time for that. I would hold a certain idea at the desk for them to make sure we had one, but they would have to pick it up same day. Otherwise I told them, the truth, that you would be better off ordering online because the store ordering is shit. We would just use the website anyways.

Nothing pisses me off more than people who want to use a store instead of just ordering the thing themselves online. Pay the $7 shipping or just go to the store and buy it / order it.

When I was in the store it was not presented to me as order the item and ship it to my house. I declined at the time because the expected ship date was much later. Even if it is the policy (I'm fine with that) it sends mixed messages to the customer. Do you order or not? Many stores have ship to store options so it isn't outside of the norm. I have been in the store when they have taken phone orders so based on experience and observation I thought they could do it.

I can think of a lot of reasons why people would want to do this. I had some Christmas gifts stolen off my front porch this year. Having them sent to a secure location like a store can be helpful. I was fully prepared to pay in advance and pay shipping. Shipping right to my house is certainly more convenient.

Really isn't a big deal. They just have had a high level of service in the past but this time it felt like I was getting blown off.

I also finished the Parisian Cafe. That is a top tier set. Lots of clever, unexpected builds and not a sticker in sight. There are so many amazing details that I don't know I could choose a favorite. I am very impressed by the artist's loft and the roof, though.

I saw the Simpsons House on Friday and was tempted, but paying full price early isn't enough of an incentive. I do like it, though. There's a lot of details, it's big, and it isn't just a facade, which is something I hated about Arkham.
I'd really like to get the Parisian but seeing as we just started collecting modulars we're likely going to start with stuff that will get retired. We got the Fire Brigade before it was gone and will get the Grand Emporium soon. Have you done either of those? Opinions? We got the Haunted House for 115 bucks at a flea market and thought it was incredible. Kinda spoiled as far as good deals go.

I'd certainly entertain the Simpson's House but don't know how it would ever go on sale as I don't see it being sold in stores that have sales or clearances.

I'd really like to get the Parisian but seeing as we just started collecting modulars we're likely going to start with stuff that will get retired. We got the Fire Brigade before it was gone and will get the Grand Emporium soon. Have you done either of those? Opinions? We got the Haunted House for 115 bucks at a flea market and thought it was incredible. Kinda spoiled as far as good deals go.

I'd certainly entertain the Simpson's House but don't know how it would ever go on sale as I don't see it being sold in stores that have sales or clearances.

I'm jealous of the haunted house purchase. That will probably be my next big purchase. My plan is to make it a Halloween build. We are in the process of packing up and selling our house, so I don't want to add more items to move if I can avoid it.

I started with the Haunted House, and that spoils you for Lego -- it's true.

Grand Emporium is great. So is the Palace Cinema. Of all of them, the Fire Brigade is less amazing. It's hardly horrible. It just doesn't have the same level of cleverness in the build or the design. There are many elements that are great -- the fridge, the ping pong table, the fire door, the use of tiles to make it feel like brick -- but there are also some missed opportunities. The whole back section and rear of the building seems like an idea that didn't go anywhere. Also, because the first floor has such high ceilings, it feels like it's missing a floor.

For what it is -- a bigass fire station -- it is good. Because of that, though, it's not going to have amazing tile floors or any of the more intricate details that are so memorable on the other modulars.

Saw this posted on SD:

http://club.lego.com/en-us/events

EXCLUSIVE!
LEGO Micro Manager Mini Model Build!

Tuesday, February 4th at 5pm

Visit a LEGO® Store and learn how to build this LEGO Micro Manager model and take it home – for free! Event begins at 5pm. Quantities are limited and offer is good while supplies last only. Models are not for sale and cannot be purchased. One free per child. Event is open to children ages 6-14 only.

Join LEGO and Toys “R” Us to build Emmet’s Car from The LEGO Movie!

Come build Emmet’s Car from The LEGO Movie at Toys “R” Us!

When: February 8th, 2014 from 12-2pm.

Where: All Toys “R” Us locations

Event is intended for children ages 5 and up. Event materials available while supplies last and are available only to participating children. Limit one per child.

Went to Toys R Us yesterday to look for minifigs. They're apparantly selling them at $3.99 at my store now. I can get a full set for cheaper on ebay than at Toys R Us.

B&N clearance went to 75% off today. Super YMMV on this but was able to pick up 4 Chima speedorz (is that really what they are called) for ~$4 each. Also lots of Angry Birds crap if you are into that.

Went to Toys R Us yesterday to look for minifigs. They're apparantly selling them at $3.99 at my store now. I can get a full set for cheaper on ebay than at Toys R Us.
I lived on an island that the only store selling them wanted $3.99 or $4.99. Either way I just had them shipped to my mom's house and it cost me ~$55 for all of series 7.

I finally got a complete set of series 12. I want more of the Shakespeare. Like 4 or 5 more. Those guys are great.

I would be willing to trade two minifigures of the set for 1 Shakespeare if you are interested.

I have extras of every minifigure except the Davy Crocket robot looking guy.

I finally got a complete set of series 12. I want more of the Shakespeare. Like 4 or 5 more. Those guys are great.

I would be willing to trade two minifigures of the set for 1 Shakespeare if you are interested.

I have extras of every minifigure except the Davy Crocket robot looking guy.
You know what sucks. I was feeling them up in a target that was picked over but I still was doing pretty well. I kept feeling this weird small piece and because I didn't have a picture of the set I had no clue. There had to be 2-3 of them left, which sucks because I think he is a rarer one.

Yep lego movie minifigs up to 3.99 at my TRU. They got 2 fresh boxes of them and the series 11 ones. Series 11 was 3.19. Finally got the last one I needed.

You know what sucks. I was feeling them up in a target that was picked over but I still was doing pretty well. I kept feeling this weird small piece and because I didn't have a picture of the set I had no clue. There had to be 2-3 of them left, which sucks because I think he is a rarer one.
You broke my heart.

Makes you feel better I didn't even buy one of them!  And now I hear that the series is $4 at TRU I feel really stupid!  

If anyone is interested in PAB parts, we got a ton of 1 x 2 Dark Red bricks. I've seen a few AFOLs stop by and fill up two large cups of that alone.

Our Mini Build station has a number of interesting parts as well. We now have short gray legs, the blue syringe (came in the Helicopter Rescue set), new broadsword, printed letter piece, new hair styles and a bunch of different torsos.  All of this at the Roc. Ctr. LEGO store.

bread's done
Back