LEGO Deals 3

It's always Thursday or Friday.
I wish. I went to a Target by my work on Wednesday. Then I went again this morning. Everything was exactly the same. They had the Rancor Pit, Galactic Titan (for $70 here) and the TMNT van for $42. They have a ton of Council of Elronds unmarked for $18.18. It's a great set at that price. I'm just hoping to get lucky and catch it lower.

Stopped by another Target after work today. They had the Bug Obliterator for $40 (I had seen and passed on that in the fall) and the Hive Creeper for $31. Picked them both up.

more guardian of the galaxy pics (this is one set according to USA today, 74.99 MSRP i think...ouch):

12524589705_b61c6a5363.jpg

12524702993_7b88b1a7ce.jpg

12524703293_86cac8824b.jpg

12524702823_15959b59a3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish. I went to a Target by my work on Wednesday. Then I went again this morning. Everything was exactly the same. They had the Rancor Pit, Galactic Titan (for $70 here) and the TMNT van for $42. They have a ton of Council of Elronds unmarked for $18.18. It's a great set at that price. I'm just hoping to get lucky and catch it lower.

Stopped by another Target after work today. They had the Bug Obliterator for $40 (I had seen and passed on that in the fall) and the Hive Creeper for $31. Picked them both up.
They possibly could have just not done it by the time you went, I'm not going to say they are consistent about what time but it is always those two days. Your Target may have been one of those that hasn't done it yet and might start next week, prices and clearance is always YMMV at every store.

The Lego Movie will probably make 140-150 million in a week and a half.

WB is probably like "Can we get the sequel out by Christmas?". :lol:

Stopped at Target following the movie last night... guess people can't stand to wait for clearance drops here, because almost everything I saw marked at 30% last weekend was gone. Stuff that was left was still 30%; caved myself and got a GS eradicator mech for $27 and a few movie minifigs.

Got an X-wing from AWD. Box was so damaged (the end was torn off completely starting about 1/3 of the way down the front of the box) the didn't even take the time to tape it. All bags are present and sealed. Worst box yet that I have gotten from AWD.

Stopped at Target following the movie last night... guess people can't stand to wait for clearance drops here, because almost everything I saw marked at 30% last weekend was gone. Stuff that was left was still 30%; caved myself and got a GS eradicator mech for $27 and a few movie minifigs.
Probably a bounce effect from the movie. Many stores have few movie sets left and nearly everywhere that offers minifigures is out of them.

Stopped by a Wal-mart and Target today. The Wal-Mart had barely any Legos at all. It was hard to tell what had been clearanced, but it looked like only a few sets. Some things were sold out. Battle of Smallville was $35.

This Wal-Mart had their price scanner turned up to deafening. I know they all made them louder, but this one was painful.

The Target just had the GS Titan for $70 and the AT-TE for $68.

I saw the new Superheroes at TRU in Lafayette, IN.  Didn't pick any up. Can Captain America come with something other than a motorcycle?

Stopped in Target and grabbed Lake-town Chase and Dul Guldor Ambush at 30%; they were the last copies at my store.  I was kind of baffled they clearanced them to begin with since they recently came out.  Plus the main fact that my Target Lego aisle is pretty barren.  Even if Lego Movie was on the aisle instead of its current endcap, there would be tons of space. 

Pics of a new guardians of the galaxy set and the new Xmen set. It also shows the actual builds of the new coming sets but the Hulk actually doesnt have purple pants, its the same as the old set. Not sure if anyone has bought this set yet since it is out in some areas:

http://news.toyark.com/2014/02/16/toy-fair-2014-lego-marvel-comics-114928

Some other themes as well:

http://news.toyark.com/companies/lego

$50 pricetag on Ghostbusters. Also states there is a sign saying : The Hobbit Announcement Sign – New Sets December 2014. Yay...gives my wallet a break after these new Super Heroes sets...wont have to get anything until December hopefully ;)

Does anybody know if the buy one get one half off at TRU will still work if you have them price match something from amazon? For example right now the battle of smallville is $32.49 at amazon .. If I bought 2 and asked them to match the price would I still get the BOGO ?

Does anybody know if the buy one get one half off at TRU will still work if you have them price match something from amazon? For example right now the battle of smallville is $32.49 at amazon .. If I bought 2 and asked them to match the price would I still get the BOGO ?
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Are you a noobie? :p

No, somewhere in the fine print of price matching that doesn't fly. But you might get a lazy person to do it, if you really want to try.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Are you a noobie? :p

No, somewhere in the fine print of price matching that doesn't fly. But you might get a lazy person to do it, if you really want to try.
No just recently moved to a city that actually has a TRU so I thought I would ask. I did read the fine print but it didn't say anything about it. So I figured this is where I could get the question answered. I know it was a pretty dumb question but hell if it worked that would be badass.

Lol yeah that would be nice but I am not even going to try. They have one of the new junior Super Heroes sets already available online but all the other new sets are listed but not purchasable...wishful thinking since theyd at least still be at msrp. Looks like the few older sets I am still looking for have the classic TRU 40% markup which still makes them $21 each ($1 above msrp) even with this b1g1 half off lol. How they get away with this makes no sense.

No just recently moved to a city that actually has a TRU so I thought I would ask. I did read the fine print but it didn't say anything about it. So I figured this is where I could get the question answered. I know it was a pretty dumb question but hell if it worked that would be badass.
It's fine that you asked, TRU is just shit, it's why I was laughing.

The Ultra Agents sets are really... lacking. The bad guy mini figures look really funny to me. However the price points are amazing. $20 for 240 pieces and $30 for like 340.

You can always try but TRU is epitome of not crossing sales and promotions, even with with their own sales and promotions.

The Ultra Agents sets are really... lacking. The bad guy mini figures look really funny to me. However the price points are amazing. $20 for 240 pieces and $30 for like 340.
Agreed those are good starting price points. Just wondering what everybody's per brick price point is. I use <$0.10/brick as my starting point and I'm really happy if I can grab something in the $0.05 to $0.07/brick range.

I shoot for $0.05 to $0.06 a brick for most of my sets but on occasion will pay more. But it really irks me to pay more than $0.10 a brick.
You must mean sale prices, sets with mini figures are never that cheap. :lol:

I do the 10 cents per piece rule, I also like the old 90s rule of one mini figure for ever 100 bricks / 1 mini figure per $10.

And the big pirate ship from the movie... $250 and out n May.

Pics of a new guardians of the galaxy set and the new Xmen set. It also shows the actual builds of the new coming sets but the Hulk actually doesnt have purple pants, its the same as the old set. Not sure if anyone has bought this set yet since it is out in some areas:

http://news.toyark.com/2014/02/16/toy-fair-2014-lego-marvel-comics-114928
Some people on Brickset who already have the set reported that the Hulk does indeed have purple pants. Not sure why they used that one in displaying the set.

You must mean sale prices, sets with mini figures are never that cheap. :lol:

I do the 10 cents per piece rule, I also like the old 90s rule of one mini figure for ever 100 bricks / 1 mini figure per $10.

And the big pirate ship from the movie... $250 and out n May.
Yes definitely sales prices. If only sets were regularly $0.05 to $0.06 a brick I'd buy every set!

Still in the brick world but not Lego, did anyone else check out the new Kre-O G.I. Joe sets? I'm drooling over the Cobra Terror Drome!

I got rid of my original Terror Drome this year... kre-o does nothing for me. The drome looks so bad :( Figures look cheap as hell, as do the blocks. It looks like a megabloks abortion.

You can always try but TRU is epitome of not crossing sales and promotions, even with with their own sales and promotions.
This. I once had a $5.00 off toys r us coupon and wanted to get the hobbit barrel escape set. It was $39.99 on their website, so I drove to the store where, to my surprise, it was marked up to $44.99. I had to really fight to get them to match their own website AND honor the coupon. Had previously tried to get them to price match another store and use a coupon, and they flat out refused that. So I knew that was a no go, but I assumed they would at least match their own site price and take the coupon. Turns out I was mistaken.

I was eventually able to convince the manager to do it since I had made the drive out based on the assumption that the website price would be the same in store, and had wasted my gas and time. But I now make the assumption that any kind of price match and deal stacking will pretty much never work.

Yes definitely sales prices. If only sets were regularly $0.05 to $0.06 a brick I'd buy every set!

Still in the brick world but not Lego, did anyone else check out the new Kre-O G.I. Joe sets? I'm drooling over the Cobra Terror Drome!
I do the 10cents a piece rule, then I only buy most sets 30% off, unless I really want it then I can do 20%.

Oh wow, I was thinking it was 199.99 this whole time...its listed at 249.99, ouch. Noticed the new sets are available on the online shop as well...good to know theyll be there March 1st :).
There was nothing official, I said $200 probably $250, others said because it's not a true license it could be $200.

I'll be passing. :lol:

My local Target has the Sea Plane polybag on clearance with the Valentine's Day stuff. 50% off -> $1.74. Picked up a few for the parts.

$_57.JPG

My daughter desperately wants the new mermaid minifig from the movie, but we suck at feeling the bags. If any of you bag-feeling savants could find one for her, I'd gladly pay for your cost, shipping, and time!

Edit: Got one. Thanks!

It has the biggest piece (tail) in the series so feeling for it should be easy.

My daughter desperately wants the new mermaid minifig from the movie, but we suck at feeling the bags. If any of you bag-feeling savants could find one for her, I'd gladly pay for your cost, shipping, and time!

When I was at Target I only bought 9, but that was one of only a few that I never felt. Probably only two i na box.

The movie's success has certainly reflected in the sets' sales around me. Not much in stock in the Targets and Walmarts I regularly go to. I have to admit I was skeptical about a Lego box office movie but I really like the sets so I'm excited it's doing great.

Good luck. I would have 2 full sets if I can find 2 mermaids and 2 Mexicans. They're always gone.

I really thought the movie wouldn't be a hit, so I wasn't in a rush to get my mini figures at regular price, guess I should have.

I had trouble finding the mermaid one at first then TRU put out a fresh box and it was the very first one I tried. I went through about 100 packs that were all just dumped in a bin until they opened that new box lol. Had no trouble finding any of the others but i only got about half of them. I will probably get all of the Simpsons ones tho.

Keep on eye out because right now it's $31 on Amazon (But only one left, might come back)...

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Superheroes-Superman-Battle-Smallville/dp/B00C8526RU/ref=pd_rhf_gw_s_cp_1_B2H5?ie=UTF8&refRID=1FMV2FY39R658A4XH3B4

There was nothing official, I said $200 probably $250, others said because it's not a true license it could be $200.

I'll be passing. :lol:
I saw it in person and it was kinda bittersweet. It's not as detailed as the movie model (probably unreasonable expectations) and the 250 price is kind rough. That said, the detail was wonderful and I'll definitely still get it. The movie was great and the minifigs (including a seasick princess kitty) are pretty awesome. I don't see what's left to release movie wise though so it will be interesting to see if any other sets come out other than the already upcoming Spaceship and Constructor Mech.

I saw it in person and it was kinda bittersweet. It's not as detailed as the movie model (probably unreasonable expectations) and the 250 price is kind rough. That said, the detail was wonderful and I'll definitely still get it. The movie was great and the minifigs (including a seasick princess kitty) are pretty awesome. I don't see what's left to release movie wise though so it will be interesting to see if any other sets come out other than the already upcoming Spaceship and Constructor Mech.
The are four more Movie sets coming out.

The Meh, the spaceship, the boat and the police dropship.

Damn the Ghostbusters set is sexy as hell.  fucking blows the BTTF model out of the water.  I'm down for $50.  They should have charged more for the Delorean and made it a nicer build.

Been checking lego.com daily for two weeks for the Mars Rover.  Still nothing.  :(

Damn the Ghostbusters set is sexy as hell. fucking blows the BTTF model out of the water. I'm down for $50. They should have charged more for the Delorean and made it a nicer build.

Been checking lego.com daily for two weeks for the Mars Rover. Still nothing. :(
From ToysNBricks

Due to popular demand, the set has exceeded even the second production run when they had it as “backorder accepted”. For those of you that have been worrying whether LEGO Cuusoo NASA Mars Science Laboratory Curiosity Rover has been retired or not, rest assured that LEGO is still producing them. The LEGO exclusive set is now showing up as Temporarily out of stock on the Shop at Home website. Once they are able to make enough sets in their factories, the set should be available for re-purchase again.Thanks to Thundarr, vynsane and others for the heads up.

Thanks Green Giant.  

Are there any reliable lego.com stock trackers out there so I don't have to manually check all the time?

bread's done
Back