LEGO Deals 3

Ha, yeah, probably. I was just curious how they come up with these new ideas.
I think LEGO realized there is a market for a huge pirate ship set every few years. They have a big building, a big Star Wars set and normally at least one other really big set. This year it's an awesome pirate ship I will never ever buy.

And some of us never got a pirate ship when they were really cheap a few years back. Very difficult to find sales around me the last several years.

Outside of the Ice Cream truck (was that even in the movie? lol) they all look like a jumbled mess of blah.
The majority of the sets that are out (Ice cream machine, creative ambush, flying flusher, etc) were in the final "battle" scene of the movie. I caught quite a few of them... Gonna have to watch it when it comes out on DVD and slo-mo through the whole thing

Finally saw the movie today with the kids.

I'll fess up.

I'm Lord Business...without the Kra'gl.
Yeah, I am too. I don't care. He has his lego, I have mine :p

Last edited by a moderator:
The movie sequel is supposed to come out May 26, 2017.  

Memorial Day weekend... such a bad idea.  They should stick to the dead season of Feb or March.

Finally saw the movie today with the kids.

I'll fess up.

I'm Lord Business...without the Kra'gl.
Join the club. I was bagging up and sealing a Monster Fighters set the other night knowing full well my son would ask for it and want to play with it.

Highly sophisticated interconnecting blocks.

I saw the build of the pirate ship. it was awesome. 200 awesome. maybe 225
So take it with a grain of salt but talking to a Lego employee at one of my stores I learned its one of only three that receives damaged shipments. More interesting though is that high end sets don't even get a discount anything over 200 gets extra vip points rather than discounting the set. Even then, it's a rare occurrence because the high end stuff has an additional layer of packaging.

I bring that up because I haven't seen a way these high end sets would ever go on sale. Other than AWD, my Target had a online order for an Orthanc that was damaged but looked completed and sold for 150 I think. Other than that I've never seen anything indicating there's a store that ever discounts the sets.

If I had to guess it's probably because of resellers, I've read on brickpicker that Lego is out to get them, those people are the reason why big sets sell out once they reach EOL.

For any South Florida CAGers out there, the Cutler Bay (Miami Dade County) K-mart has the Hobbit : Unexpected Visit set and its ringing up at $36.50 and not marked as clearance. They had 7 of them left on the shelf, and also the new Fire Station was down to $63.50 as well, and there were 2 left. Other unmarked clearance items were the Lone Ranger Calvary set for $8.50, an the Hobbit's Riddle for the Ring at $6.00  

Happy Hunting

[quote name="Fatbot3" post="11549385" timestamp="1393079705"]So take it with a grain of salt but talking to a Lego employee at one of my stores I learned its one of only three that receives damaged shipments. More interesting though is that high end sets don't even get a discount anything over 200 gets extra vip points rather than discounting the set. Even then, it's a rare occurrence because the high end stuff has an additional layer of packaging.[/ quote] I was in that store this week when someone came in and asked for the Simpsons House. It was damaged and they gave him 500 VIP points. The points don't post immediately either since they have to be manually entered. I think the guy was a little disappointed about the posting delay.

Was just at the Lego store today to pick up the cuckoo land set but it was all sold out. The only movie sets they had were the pirate ship and the 2 in 1 sets. I did manage to get a mermaid, Emmett, wildstyle, and Business. Was going to look for bad cop but ran out of time.

For any South Florida CAGers out there, the Cutler Bay (Miami Dade County) K-mart has the Hobbit : Unexpected Visit set and its ringing up at $36.50 and not marked as clearance. They had 7 of them left on the shelf, and also the new Fire Station was down to $63.50 as well, and there were 2 left. Other unmarked clearance items were the Lone Ranger Calvary set for $8.50, an the Hobbit's Riddle for the Ring at $6.00

Happy Hunting
Thanks for this. I'll be in that area on wednsday so I will check it out then. I actually posted about this same store a couple of weeks ago in the thread. They have the friends animal bags on clearance for 2.50 plus had an extra 75% off clearance toys making them 62 cents. I only picked up a few but there was an end cap full of them.

I was at a Target and the LEGo aisle was so bad it looked worst than Christmas, just a few Chima and Star Wars sets.  Sadly no mini figures.

It did have a china poly and the red GS poly, but I already went through and didn't want to check the prices.  But they had a 28 piece Friend poly for $5.50, simply insane.

Found a City police station(set 7498) on clearance for $69 at Walmart today. I thought this set was retired awhile ago. $69 seemed like a good price to pick this one up.

The Lego aisles at the Targets near me are wiped out too. Almost every shelf was empty.

Thanks for this. I'll be in that area on wednsday so I will check it out then. I actually posted about this same store a couple of weeks ago in the thread. They have the friends animal bags on clearance for 2.50 plus had an extra 75% off clearance toys making them 62 cents. I only picked up a few but there was an end cap full of them.
No worries at all, also check out the Target across the street as well. They were resetting the clearance and had a good amount of Legos in random boxes to mark down. Castle, an Friends is what I saw but they wouldn't tell me exactly what sets. The friends sets were smaller, like the 9.99 variety and the castle one I could make out was the carraige for 10.00

Caved and bought a couple minifigs at TRU's bloated prices.  Ugh.  I feel dirty.  They had a fresh box out so for the first time I decided to feel around to find what I wanted (the mermaid).  That one was easy enough.  My 7 year old got in on the action determined to find a panda.  She scored.  

Also finished putting together the Pet Shop the other day.  I think that might be my favorite modular.  I like the half size of the two buildings and being able to split them to mix them in with the other modulars.  It really gives it a nice look.  Of course two half buildings leaves little room for much detail on the inside though.  I already have the Town Hall on deck, but I'm not sure when I'll get to that one.

Lastly, does anyone here just build or does everyone stick to factory sets?  I've been playing around in the LEGO digital designer designing my own modular.  Spent a few hours getting the first floor done.  Pretty cool little program.  It's a shame you can't order your creations anymore.   I already have an idea for a half size one like the Pet Shop after I get this one designed.  

No worries at all, also check out the Target across the street as well. They were resetting the clearance and had a good amount of Legos in random boxes to mark down. Castle, an Friends is what I saw but they wouldn't tell me exactly what sets. The friends sets were smaller, like the 9.99 variety and the castle one I could make out was the carraige for 10.00
I check that target every time I pass by, hopefully they have something left when I stop by on Wednesday. Last time I stopped there I didn't find any LEGO clearance but I did end up with a diddy kong, donkey kong, and mario figurine for $1.48 each.

I have seen kings castle for $70 at the dadeland north location and miami lakes location for a few weeks. I've been waiting for it to drop to $50 but it doesn't seem like its going to happen so I finally bit at $70. I already have the carriage from a TRU sale along with one of those gift cards I got from groupon. I have seen gatehouse raid set for $18.18 at a few targets but was also waiting for 50% on that one.

Lastly, does anyone here just build or does everyone stick to factory sets? I've been playing around in the LEGO digital designer designing my own modular. Spent a few hours getting the first floor done. Pretty cool little program. It's a shame you can't order your creations anymore. I already have an idea for a half size one like the Pet Shop after I get this one designed.

I have been sticking to factory sets for now but I have plans to build my own modular set one day. I like to keep my sets together so it is hard to come by bricks. I have been hoarding the polys from target when they hit 90% for this reason. The witch box poly has a lot of good black pieces for a roof. I also bought 6 of the Minotaurus board games when they were on sale for 11.99 at best buy a while ago and sold the DS game out of there so with each one I ended up with one baseplate and 211 bricks (lots of good size green bricks) for about $5. I also recently bought the chima speedorz jungle gates from shop.lego.com so I can incorporate the lions into the building and now have a couple of arches. So far the only modular I have built is the palace cinema. After I build one more Ill probably start looking into what I can build with what I have and maybe make a trip to the LEGO store and fill a couple of PAB cups with pieces I need but dont already have so I can complete it.

I think I'm just gonna order most of the bricks from the online store.  I have a lot of LEGO bricks (2 of the six case storage towers), but I like to keep those for the kids.  Plus the 1x6 on up bricks are scarce.

I usually keep my stuff together too. I do want to try out the google chrome lego creation program. There is a haunted house on Eurobrick that has given me some inspiration. Use the MF haunted house as a base then modify from there. I have been playing around a bit with some ideas from that.

Damn. I was just at Target. Didn't see the Friends poly. I'd buy that one. I don't have a problem with the figures. I've grown to like them and they mix and mingle with all my regular minifigs.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=88808
Here is the haunted house I was talking about.
Damn, that's awesome. Love the bathtub scene. The spilt milk is pretty creative too. The Haunted House is the [possible] next 'modular' on my buy list. I say possible because I like it, I just don't love it. If it was like the one in your link I would have nabbed it before the Town Hall.

I bought my wife that Friends poly the other day since she collects them.

Was finally able to find the TRU movie poly yesterday as well.

AWD had a LEGO Creator House 31012 for $51 after tax (30% off) but while I was debating it someone bought it.  It's a nice set, lot's of nice house pieces, and the light up thing is amazing.  But it's a very tiny house , just a chair and a bed.  I have spent way too much money recently and have way too many LEGO (until I organize them) but it's a really fun looking set.

The Ewok Village was $214 new for a while...apparently amazon was shipping it unprotected just sealed in a plastic shipping bag. So there may be quite a few incoming to AWD since they had so many returns for damaged sets lol.

ec3bcd5d54c2702354d39bfb77c606.jpg

It'll most likely pop up for this price again. I bought one for literally 2 cents more than the one listed today almost exactly a year ago. They just sell out quickly. There was also a mindstorm set up today that I didn't post as I was considering getting it myself but once again I was too slow. I'm still trying justify $285 on one LEGO set, especially on discount. 

I stopped by a south Florida K-mart today (the one in Kendall). They are doing 30% off any clearance toy purchase. I picked up a riddles for the ring set at $6.30 and the last attack on weathertop for $37.80. They also had mines of moria for $63 and colby city showdown for $31. After my surprise points my total was 39.51. I also had some surprise points for sears and ended up using those for a K-mart instore pick up for the city fire motorcycle set. That ended up being completely free. Next I stopped by a TRU and picked up a mermaid and Shakespeare, price matched those to their website at 2.99 and used a $5 cert to get those for $1.05 total. Pretty good LEGO day. 

My Walmart is finally getting organized with new sets creeping in. And the first time in forever they were selling the minifigs. $2.97 each. Too bad I already bought most of them overpriced. Was able to get Scribble Face Bad Cop and Mermaid tho and bought Utapau pack. No Death Star pack on shelf yet tho. Might wait and see if amazon does anything with Grevious and Anakin's interceptor since come next wave i'm gonna be broke with the other new SW sets.

Pour one out for a bunch of my Lego sets and boxes (including stuff from my 80s childhood). My basement flooded and destroyed a bunch of boxes and manuals. Anyone know of a good site to download instruction manual scans?

Pour one out for a bunch of my Lego sets and boxes (including stuff from my 80s childhood). My basement flooded and destroyed a bunch of boxes and manuals. Anyone know of a good site to download instruction manual scans?
Ah sorry to hear that.

Brickset has links to most manual in PDF, which is straight from the Lego site. If you don't find it there, check peeron.com.

I'm scared that would happen to me too, I've been contemplating on getting some pallets or buy some shelving.

I'm scared that would happen to me too, I've been contemplating on getting some pallets or buy some shelving.
Ah sorry to hear that.

Brickset has links to most manual in PDF, which is straight from the Lego site. If you don't find it there, check peeron.com.
Thanks. I'll check it out.

Definitely get some shelving. Luckily, the bulk of my stuff was on shelves, I just hadn't had a chance to buy more to handle the childhood stuff my mom has been unloading into my basement.

Even with shelving, there's no guarantee. The water heater in our basement sprung a leak and did its best impression of a garden sprinkler, sending a stream of water right at the highest shelves. If I hadn't been home and heard it, I hate to think what it would have looked like hours later.

Don't keep your LEGOs in the basement, problem solved.

My mom moved mine to her basement, I then moved them to a closet and block the closet with more LEGOs.  :lol:

My mom moved mine to her basement, I then moved them to a closet and block the closet with more LEGOs. :lol:
I live about 10 minutes away from the EF4 Tornado that hit Washington, IL (yay! tornado alley!), so even closets aren't safe around here.

1384830078017-inidc5-6cridit38ee138to0f8a-original.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvhuZXI3w-I

I live about 10 minutes away from the EF4 Tornado that hit Washington, IL (yay! tornado alley!), so even closets aren't safe around here.

Thats a pretty intense video. On a lighter note...my walmart got some minifigure bags. There were 6 left in the box, go to feel one of them and all 6 were opened. Random parts left in the box. Looks like they just emptied them all out and combined pieces they wanted lol. Classic walmart :(

I live 2-3 miles away from a strong EF3 / weak EF4, and two smaller tornadoes hit Massachusetts. A flood is a lot more likely than a tornado hitting your house (Unless you live in Monroe). Your house can catch on fire too, maybe you will want the water then? :lol:

Floods are the most common thing to happen to a house.

Even with shelving, there's no guarantee. The water heater in our basement sprung a leak and did its best impression of a garden sprinkler, sending a stream of water right at the highest shelves. If I hadn't been home and heard it, I hate to think what it would have looked like hours later.
I have them on opposite ends of each other, I can only hope nothing happens right now.

My mom moved mine to her basement, I then moved them to a closet and block the closet with more LEGOs. :lol:
You show her who's boss!

I'll take an earthquake over any other natural disaster any day of the week!

Floods are the most common thing to happen to a house.
Not much flooding around here, it happens but it's minimal, we do get these monsoons during the Summer that dump rain in a short time.

Thats a pretty intense video. On a lighter note...my walmart got some minifigure bags. There were 6 left in the box, go to feel one of them and all 6 were opened. Random parts left in the box. Looks like they just emptied them all out and combined pieces they wanted lol. Classic walmart :(
Yeah, walmart might ditch the idea of minifigs quick if this happens more. First time my store had the minifigs, was awesome paying $2.97 for them instead of TRUs now $3.99 price. Hope it doesn't go away due to "the wally" people... :(

My Wal-Mart has yet to carry minifigs.  Hell, their LEGO selection is abysmal overall.  Barely better than what you'd find at Walgreens. 

I have run into open minifigs at Meijer though.  People suck.

bread's done
Back