LEGO Deals 3

Your walgreens carries Lego? Or is that part of the joke?
Mine does, too, and they actually had a set or two on clearance the last time I was in there to pick up a prescription. I don't remember which sets they were, since we already had them, but that was the first time I'd seen Legos there either. After seeing the clearance, I checked the toy aisle, and they had a small empty section that formerly held minifigs. The shelf tag said Series 11. $2.99.

Mine do, but usually smaller sets with markups that would make Toys R Us cry foul.

Mine does, too, and they actually had a set or two on clearance the last time I was in there to pick up a prescription. I don't remember which sets they were, since we already had them, but that was the first time I'd seen Legos there either. After seeing the clearance, I checked the toy aisle, and they had a small empty section that formerly held minifigs. The shelf tag said Series 11. $2.99.
Lucky bums... I used to check, but after multiple times of only seeing megablok, I stopped looking... Maybe it might be time to resume my search...

Hey, does anybody know if the lego kidsfest 2014 has any exclusive figures? I looked on ebay, and other places, but could not find anything.
LEGO Kidsfest has never had anything exclusive.

The LEGO hospital set fro ma few years back is half off at S@H. But with shipping being $7 I passed.

Last edited by a moderator:
After checking after work each time. It paid off and I scored a Republic Gunship for $79 at my Walmart(YMMV). Pretty happy.

My Walmart has that Republic Gunship for $79, too. They also have a couple of the Lord of the Rings/Hobbit sets at half off. The ones I can recall off the top of my head are:

79002 Attack of the Wargs - $25

79007 Battle at the Black Gate - $30

79001 Escape from Mirkwood Spiders - $15

79003 An Unexpected Gathering - $35

As always, YMMV.

Wow, I got lucky today. My local a Target dropped from 30% off to 70% off today. Picked up:

Council of Elrond $7.78
Fire chief car $3.88
Shellraiser street chase $17.98
Garmatron $11.98
Waks pack tracker $8.98

Would have liked the xwing for $18 but none left.

My store hasn't gone below 50% off in over 2 or 3 years.

Mattel bought the parent company of MegaBloks, presumably to go head to head with Lego (who saw a 10% increase in year over year sales).

I was thrilled to find the only clearance set left was an X-Wing! Scanned it and $17 was just an awesome price! :)
Cool, I went back today to see what was left and found a Rancor Pit for $17 that wasn't there yesterday!

The boy and I also bought a couple of MIxels too. He really likes them, and we both like all the new pieces they have.

Anyone do the B&N lego build today? Curious what it was...my wife was about 2 minutes away from B&N which I thought would be no problem for her to stop by with our daughter since I signed up 3 weeks ago. Apparently she didnt feel like going in or bothering to let me know she didnt want to or I would have went myself after work lol.

EDIT: looks like it was just piles of random bricks or something and kids were told to make stuff from the movie, meh.

Have gotten a couple of the SW mini fighters.  They did a really good job with these.  They are robust for kids to play with and relatively easy builds.  The pricing is pretty good too considering they have a minifig plus roughly 100 bricks for $10.  

Anyone do the B&N lego build today? Curious what it was...my wife was about 2 minutes away from B&N which I thought would be no problem for her to stop by with our daughter since I signed up 3 weeks ago. Apparently she didnt feel like going in or bothering to let me know she didnt want to or I would have went myself after work lol.

EDIT: looks like it was just piles of random bricks or something and kids were told to make stuff from the movie, meh.
I called on Thursday to see if my B&N were doing it since it wasn't listed on their site. I was told you had to make reservations and they were already full up. He mentioned building a car from the movie though (sounded like the TRU build). If it was just random bricks it was pretty stupid to have a limit on the number of kids and forced registrations.

We picked up a scratch and dent Seacow this weekend because the box was barely touched and we would get an additional 600 points (500 for the scratch and 100 from another promotion). My wife looked at that as 40 bucks off so we figured now considering it would likely never go on sale. My son was pretty blown away but he had to agree to no more asking for legos for 3-4 months. I know a couple people in here are building it, is it as fun as it looks?

We picked up a scratch and dent Seacow this weekend because the box was barely touched and we would get an additional 600 points (500 for the scratch and 100 from another promotion). My wife looked at that as 40 bucks off so we figured now considering it would likely never go on sale. My son was pretty blown away but he had to agree to no more asking for legos for 3-4 months. I know a couple people in here are building it, is it as fun as it looks?
I wish I was your kid, randomly getting $250 LEGO sets for no reason and only had to agree with no LEGO sets for a few months.

I wouldn't get $200 worth of LEGO in two years from my arenas including holidays and never got them randomly.

No awesome Target clearance find for me, despite looking everywhere, but I did pick up the Parisian restaurant and easter bunny set yesterday

Has anyone seen any Movie mini figures recently?  S@H is sold out, I haven't made it to TRU or Kmart yet but wondering if anyone has seen them around anywhere.

Target and Five Below were sold out.  TRU has a limit of 4 online and $8 shipping.  Idiots.  Anyone seen them at Walgreens or CVS?

I need 7 more, but don't care as much for the construction guy/gal and the cop.  I have some older series ones I'd be willing to trade née I find them.  :lol:

I haven't seen any movie minifigs sine the movie released.

I scored a GS Bug Obliterator for $23 at Target, but nothing else in the five Targets between home and work.

I live 80+ miles from 4 LEGO Stores, I'm not going just o check for mini figures.   :lol:

I want/need...

Shakespeare

Coffee Guy

Robot woman in yellow

Mermaid

After them I also need, but want less...

Cop

Construction guy

Construction woman.

If anyone wants to trade / buy them I'd be very happy.  I', going to check Walgreens because they had the last series at Christmas time.

OH MY GOD!!!11!!!  TOYS R US HAD A SET ACTUALLY ON SALE!!!  25% off The Hobbit set... and actually 25% off.  I didn't buy it, but I should have, brown hands!!

79011-1: Dol Guldur Ambush

Green Giant If I'm at the Store I will look to see what they have. If I come across anything that you want I can pick up. No promises but I will see what I can do.

[quote name="brotterr" post="11575398" timestamp="1393814352"]Amazon currently has spider cycle chase for 41% off and battle of smallville for 48% off[/quote]
Got em. Thanks!

I wish I was your kid, randomly getting $250 LEGO sets for no reason and only had to agree with no LEGO sets for a few months.

I wouldn't get $200 worth of LEGO in two years from my arenas including holidays and never got them randomly.
Well, it's more for my wife to get to do something with our son. She works pretty crazy hours as an architect and she loves to do these project with him. He's a good kid so he appreciates it as well though there's no denying he's a bit spoiled.

I was all over the Dol Guldur battle at that price. I couldn't pull the trigger on anything over $50.00 USD.

Thanks for the find!

I don't know if anyone else liked the Castle 2013 line (I loved it) but here is a recreation I built of the "Forest Ambush" set.

12914198254_9e1a4be6d2_z.jpg

Unfortunately, in mine, there is no gold cart, puppy, and the bad guys win :bouncy:

Palpatine's arrest is also 50% off at shop.lego (only other one with that kind of discount is a Duplo set).  Plus spend $75 and get a Martian Manhunter, of course.

Palpatine's arrest is also 50% off at shop.lego (only other one with that kind of discount is a Duplo set). Plus spend $75 and get a Martian Manhunter, of course.
That $12 Chima glider set is $3. Pretty good price for the minifig and some random pieces.

I wish you didn't have to spend so much for free shipping...I'd love to get that Palpatine set. I might try TRU though I doubt they match it since it says oos but at least it says it'll ship at a later date.

The LEGO site really should have free shipping at $50.

I wish the hospital set wasn't sold out.  I'd get it, the GS blue $20, and several of the $3 Chima sets.

(I started adding up all the sets I wish I bought in the last 4 months... and just the ones I remember, and the total is over $300.)  :lol:

That's like a ton of booze or a few cheap whores, or 5 minutes of girl on girl jet skiing... I think.

I was all over the Dol Guldur battle at that price. I couldn't pull the trigger on anything over $50.00 USD.

Thanks for the find!

I don't know if anyone else liked the Castle 2013 line (I loved it) but here is a recreation I built of the "Forest Ambush" set.

Unfortunately, in mine, there is no gold cart, puppy, and the bad guys win :bouncy:
Nice! Funny enough, I just built the forest ambush set with my 5 year old son 3 days ago. Glad I built it before I saw your creation, as I probably would have had a hard time not chuckling to myself as I built it, thinking of little knights laying in pools of blood.

This also makes me think a lego braveheart or lego gladiator set would be awesome!

I picked up the last 10 of the Chima accessory set that my local lego store had. They were marked down to $1.98. At that price, for what's in it, I couldn't resist. a few lime bionicle spines, some brick bricks, and the stickers... As much as I hate stickers, I love the ones in the Chima accessory kit. Paw prints, cracks, scratches, tire tracks... All good stuff for builds I have planned!

Went ahead and ordered two of the Palpatine sets to get free shipping and a Manhunter polybag...i figure I can sell the second set for at least what I have paid for it (even with the fees) if not more since it is retiring, plus I get the Manhunter figure free as well.

I ordered a clearance keychain for 0.98 in hopes they ship it and the Manhunter first...email I just got says I will not be charged for the two sets until it ships, which says it will not ship until May.

Helicopter rescue, Palpatines arrest and a Fett magnet to get free shipping and the Martian Manhunter. Not bad I guess. Palpatine set is pretty meh though.

Helicopter rescue, Palpatines arrest and a Fett magnet to get free shipping and the Martian Manhunter. Not bad I guess. Palpatine set is pretty meh though.
The helicopter rescue, aka hospital, was back in stock?!? I was going to buy it last weekend, but $7 for shipping made me go "nope".

EDIT - The search is a liar, but now the Chima set is OOS. was going to get Hospital, GS set, Chima set and some filler.

Thanks for the find!

12914198254_9e1a4be6d2_z.jpg

Nice work.

Went ahead and ordered two of the Palpatine sets to get free shipping and a Manhunter polybag...i figure I can sell the second set for at least what I have paid for it (even with the fees) if not more since it is retiring, plus I get the Manhunter figure free as well.

I ordered a clearance keychain for 0.98 in hopes they ship it and the Manhunter first...email I just got says I will not be charged for the two sets until it ships, which says it will not ship until May.
I don't think that set will be worth anything, I think the Home One doesn't sell for much either, I'm surprised they even made that set.

I don't think that set will be worth anything, I think the Home One doesn't sell for much either, I'm surprised they even made that set.
Not getting it to sell, sell really but just want to at least make my $45 back since they charge way too much to ship...regardless the cheapest one on eBay with figures is $88 so I think it will serve its purpose...free shipping and a free Martian Manhunter which will probably be worth $15-20 itself :).

Target.com has a bunch of BOGO 40% off sets, a lot of them are out of stock but the before BOGO prices are great...

SpiderCycle $12

Aquaman $16

Smallville $26

If they come back in stock there are some great deals.  Sadly they don't do 20% off each thing, they do 20% off the cheaper item.

Her's the list of them, some still in stock...

http://www.target.com/sb/lego-toys-dvm/-/N-56h33#navigation=true&viewType=medium&sortBy=bestselling&minPrice=from&maxPrice=to&isleaf=false&navigationPath=56h33&parentCategoryId=8649811&facetedValue=/-/N-56h33Z55e69&RatingFacet=0&categoryId=180009

Did everyone find all the lego movie minifigures?  I need to find 4 more and I have 3 extras?  I am finding it hard to find stores with them.

Target.com has a bunch of BOGO 40% off sets, a lot of them are out of stock but the before BOGO prices are great...

SpiderCycle $12

Aquaman $16

Smallville $26

If they come back in stock there are some great deals. Sadly they don't do 20% off each thing, they do 20% off the cheaper item.

Her's the list of them, some still in stock...

http://www.target.com/sb/lego-toys-dvm/-/N-56h33#navigation=true&viewType=medium&sortBy=bestselling&minPrice=from&maxPrice=to&isleaf=false&navigationPath=56h33&parentCategoryId=8649811&facetedValue=/-/N-56h33Z55e69&RatingFacet=0&categoryId=180009
Ah, this explains who Amazon's been pricematching for stuff like the Ninjago Kai fighter and the SpiderCycle...

bread's done
Back