LEGO Deals 3

So I ordered the palpatine set and some other backordered sale item, along with a small item.  The small item shipped with Manhunter, but the email indicates that they charged the entire amount(80+)  up front.  I've never seen that before.  I guess that's a way to make sure I don't just keep MM and cancel the rest of the order, but geez, I won't see the rest of the order for a while.

Also when I add Palpatine to my cart, it comes up full price, either a bug or they took it off the sale and didn't update the listing...

Last edited by a moderator:
So I ordered the palpatine set and some other backordered sale item, along with a small item. The small item shipped with Manhunter, but the email indicates that they charged the entire amount(80+) up front. I've never seen that before. I guess that's a way to make sure I don't just keep MM and cancel the rest of the order, but geez, I won't see the rest of the order for a while.

Also when I add Palpatine to my cart, it comes up full price, either a bug or they took it off the sale and didn't update the listing...
same here but I also got an email saying they were backordered and i would not be charged until they shipped...guess I will find out in a couple days when it shows up on the statement

Did everyone find all the lego movie minifigures? I need to find 4 more and I have 3 extras? I am finding it hard to find stores with them.
Target is long gone. I too need to finish the series or at least get a couple more. I'll be willing to trade for other polybags and old mini figures... when I find them and get them.

I have an extra Lincoln and Good/Bad Cop, if anyone is trying to find those. The catch is they're already opened... the wife didn't believe I knew which ones they were when she brought a handful of bags home for the first time.

What happens after May/June when everyone graduates? Already go on sale because they unwisely wrote the date?
They definitely should have included number pieces for the date so they wouldn't have to put out a new set every year.

With all the graduations that a kid can have throughout their life these days, they could easily sell a ton of these if they would have put a little thought into it.

I was at a Lego Store in MA on Sunday and impulse bought a Tie Bomber on clearance for $7.94. First one I've bought in years lol. Wonder if the stuff at my parents house is worth anything these days...

It's the mini tie bomber that comes with the planet, right?  Because I don't remember a full sized tie bomber coming out anytime recently...

I was at a Lego Store in MA on Sunday and impulse bought a Tie Bomber on clearance for $7.94. First one I've bought in years lol. Wonder if the stuff at my parents house is worth anything these days...
Depends on what you have, if it's complete, boxes, mini figures, instructions. All of them are worth money.

Okay its pleading time.  If you go out could you please look for Star Wars Darth Plagueis for me.  In Raleigh, its impossible to find.  Find it, and let me know what you want for it, or trade for some lego movie minifigures. 

Also, in raleigh, the movie figures are back in stock again everywhere.  Just pm me and I will do my best to help.  Just dont ask for a shakespeare because he is impossible to find.  Looked in 3 targets, barnes and nobles, toys r us, and lego store and could not find him. 

Pleading finished.

Okay its pleading time. If you go out could you please look for Star Wars Darth Plagueis for me. In Raleigh, its impossible to find. Find it, and let me know what you want for it, or trade for some lego movie minifigures.

Also, in raleigh, the movie figures are back in stock again everywhere. Just pm me and I will do my best to help. Just dont ask for a shakespeare because he is impossible to find. Looked in 3 targets, barnes and nobles, toys r us, and lego store and could not find him.

Pleading finished.
I'm probably just SW ignorant or something, but what is Darth Plagueis? Is it in lego form?

Okay its pleading time. If you go out could you please look for Star Wars Darth Plagueis for me. In Raleigh, its impossible to find. Find it, and let me know what you want for it, or trade for some lego movie minifigures.

Also, in raleigh, the movie figures are back in stock again everywhere. Just pm me and I will do my best to help. Just dont ask for a shakespeare because he is impossible to find. Looked in 3 targets, barnes and nobles, toys r us, and lego store and could not find him.

Pleading finished.
Damn, I found 2-3 of Shakespeare at Target months ago but didn't know what it was at the time (felt the tiny pen) and he is one I need.

But I also have no clue what Star Wars thing you are asking for. Is that a book? A game?

Ok, I'd like some opinions from owners of the modular series. To celebrate ending a 5 month run of unemployment I'm looking to get either the Parisian Restaurant, the Palace Theater, or possibly the Pet Store. I'm partial to the theatre because I have the Lego Movie Poster sticker that was a promotion for it and I kind of want to use it. 

We were lucky to get an absurd amount of bonus points for the scratched pirate ship (Atlanta CAG, be very nice to the Discover Mills Lego Staff, it's apparently reciprocated) so this fortunately won't be as much as would regularly. Also, my son wanted to take a break from building the ship tonight and it became clear my wife really  bought it for herself as we watched TV and she just kept going. Family project indeed....

EDIT: Also, City Fire Helicopter is 50% off on the store right now:

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Fire-Helicopter-60010?fromListing=listing

Star Wars EU figures from Black and vintage lines I wouldn't give up for a few minifigures.. damn things end up $50+ in a few months if you keep them MOC, if they aren't $50+ when they came out... -.-

*curses under his breath about needing Mara Jade*

Anyways, got a space robot with alien bug-things today at Target, 70% off. Was 40 now 12. :D This is after the lego head storage and giant brick storage boxes were half off yesterday at another Target so got the fiancee each of those. The robot thing isf or me though :< *shreds instructions*

SPACESHIP ROBOT TIME!

Yeah I have the Mara Jade.  But I do need the black series darth plagueis.  I was just hoping somebody would do something nice and not gouge me.  I can get one now for 25 but just cant justify it(even though I havent bought a figure in 4 years, except the mara jade).  I dont think it will be worth 50.  The Darth Malgus, which was worth 30, is now about 15, and I found a second one at 5 and below. 

5 below has Vintage Collection you say.... I have about 5 local to me.. Hmmm.

I know Shae Vizla and the one yellow saber Jedi held value pretty well.

So I ordered the palpatine set and some other backordered sale item, along with a small item. The small item shipped with Manhunter, but the email indicates that they charged the entire amount(80+) up front. I've never seen that before. I guess that's a way to make sure I don't just keep MM and cancel the rest of the order, but geez, I won't see the rest of the order for a while.

I hope this is the case with mine. I ordered Lego City Undercover with Pally's Arrest. They already shipped Lego City Undercover and MM while Pally's Arrest is on backorder. My card expires soon so maybe I don't have to worry about this now. Haven't checked my statement yet.

Ok, I'd like some opinions from owners of the modular series. To celebrate ending a 5 month run of unemployment I'm looking to get either the Parisian Restaurant, the Palace Theater, or possibly the Pet Store. I'm partial to the theatre because I have the Lego Movie Poster sticker that was a promotion for it and I kind of want to use it.
Any of them are great. They all have appealing builds and finished products, lots of clever and interesting details, and are thoroughly enjoyable. You can't go wrong with any of them.

We were lucky to get an absurd amount of bonus points for the scratched pirate ship (Atlanta CAG, be very nice to the Discover Mills Lego Staff, it's apparently reciprocated) so this fortunately won't be as much as would regularly. Also, my son wanted to take a break from building the ship tonight and it became clear my wife really bought it for herself as we watched TV and she just kept going. Family project indeed....

EDIT: Also, City Fire Helicopter is 50% off on the store right now:

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Fire-Helicopter-60010?fromListing=listing
Can you adopt me? I'd like to buy a couple hundred dollar LEGO set every few weeks. :p

I'd go with Pet Shop just because it's older and will retire before the others.

pet shop is pretty lame imo...if you don't plan on getting all of them at some point the Palace Theater is the clear winner of the three in my opinion having built all three...if you are collecting them all then getting the one to retire first makes sense

Thanks for the opinions. If I'm not mistaken the Grand Emporium is next on the chopping block so I have a year or so before the Pet Shop gets.  If I'm wrong I'd like to know because I'll get the Pet Shop in the next month or so before it becomes ebay fodder. I'll probably get the Theater when the job starts and we're (i.e. my wife) finished with the Sea Cow. I haven't been able to do any of it but it looks like an interesting build honestly.

I hope this is the case with mine. I ordered Lego City Undercover with Pally's Arrest. They already shipped Lego City Undercover and MM while Pally's Arrest is on backorder. My card expires soon so maybe I don't have to worry about this now. Haven't checked my statement yet.
Incidentally, Undercover is great for the WiiU (don't know which version you got) but it also currently has a pretty amazing trade in value at GameStop. If you beat it and feel like flipping it you could get around 30 bucks. I'm doing that for Donkey Kong and will rebuy when it drops to 15 in a GameFly sale. Other than poor load times though its pretty wonderful game. There's some builds in it you'll wish were available to purchase.

There is an Ewok Village on AWD for $203.
Snatched it (I think). Between this and the Orthanc I got early this morning, I think I've gone insane (especially since Orthanc is my first LOTR set, which just opens up the door). I'm almost glad I missed out on the half price Vampyre Hearst listing on shop.lego the other day...

I'm almost glad I missed out on the half price Vampyre Hearst listing on shop.lego the other day...
Those were actually canceled it seems.

Target.com has a BOGO40% off sale still going on and lowered the price of the Chima Gorilla Mech it's not only 26$. That means with a red Card you can get two for like only $40 plus tax.

I just bought one and the Wolves weird vehicle the other day when the set was $32. I could have saved $5! That $5 is like a free fire car.

Dang, I just bought the same sets for the same prices from Amazon. Paying return shipping may not be worth the 45% off though.

Olivia's house for $50 is a pretty good deal.  I was actually thinking of grabbing a second one so my daughter could MOC some stuff.  

Those were actually canceled it seems.

Target.com has a BOGO40% off sale still going on and lowered the price of the Chima Gorilla Mech it's not only 26$. That means with a red Card you can get two for like only $40 plus tax.

I just bought one and the Wolves weird vehicle the other day when the set was $32. I could have saved $5! That $5 is like a free fire car.
Yeah, mine were cancelled as well. $9 would have been a great price for that set. I did order 5 of the $3 chima sets with it and they sent those and the free minifigure with free shipping, so I made out pretty well for $15.

Thanks for pointing out the gorilla mech. I was looking for something to pair with the tumbler chase set, after red card I paid $46 for both.

My order went through...I only got charged the 98 cents for my keychain I ordered, not the full amount.

The gorilla is gone.  I was going to buy another and the Batman set, but have been crunching numbers if I can afford it, and while I was it sold out.  I should have just bought them and then return them if I need the money.  Red Card awesome 120 days return.   :)  I keep missing out on the horrible TMNT set that has Splinter in it.  It was only $31.42 on AWD (plus damn tax) and I really want Splinter, he doesn't seem to be in this year's sets.

Star Wars fans wet dream... the wet part might be your wallets crying, but now a days this seems like a little kid's birthday present. :lol:

LEGO-Star-Wars-75059-Sandcrawler-High-Resolution-Toysnbricks.jpg

When I scrolled down I awed like a giddy little kid, thank you! Now I need to catch up on my UCS, still need all the ones they have out except the Death Star.

Incidentally, Undercover is great for the WiiU (don't know which version you got) but it also currently has a pretty amazing trade in value at GameStop. If you beat it and feel like flipping it you could get around 30 bucks. I'm doing that for Donkey Kong and will rebuy when it drops to 15 in a GameFly sale. Other than poor load times though its pretty wonderful game. There's some builds in it you'll wish were available to purchase.
Yeah, got the Wii U version. Need to show it some love. Also got DKTF from the TRU deal with Pikmin 3 40% off a week or so ago.

When I scrolled down I awed like a giddy little kid, thank you! Now I need to catch up on my UCS, still need all the ones they have out except the Death Star.
I'm actually kinda underwhelmed. I mean, the exterior is kinda ugly, though I don't know what they could do with the sand crawler. The interior seems ok but not all the interesting. The minifigs are the best part with great new droids.

This just makes the idea of getting the Star Wars UCS harder. I really like the X-Wing and B-Wing but find the Super Star Destroyer and Death Star kind of boring. I'd love to know what people think of those builds as with the Star Destroyer especially it seems like an endless sea of gray bricks.

I am underwhelmed too. What's up with TLG lately? Death Star and Ewok Village both had/have over 20 figs. Orthanc only had like what, 5 figs? Now this huge piece has so few figs too? I realize, there are only so many fig possibilities for the sandcrawler, but throw in another 2 or 3 jawas at least, or it wouldn't be too far fetched to give us a couple of sandtroopers.

It's almost double the pieces and the colors look a hell of a lot better than the original and I'm sure this will have more functionality than the original. As far as colors go, that's Star Wars for you, the ships are all grey.

Lego store in natick was sold out of mini figures. They should be getting more in though.

My wife saw the sea cow and said I should get it, so I did :)

The mall is also a great place to get street passes on the 3ds. I think I got around 10 already.

Glad you mentioned this! I normally wouldn't even look at something like this, but after reading your post I checked the set out. I've been looking for a cheap way to get a bunch of those brick bricks and there are plenty of other good pieces in there for 2 bucks. I just grabbed 28 of these off the online store plus a fire helicopter to get me to $75 for the free shipping and Martian Manhunter.

I picked up the last 10 of the Chima accessory set that my local lego store had. They were marked down to $1.98. At that price, for what's in it, I couldn't resist. a few lime bionicle spines, some brick bricks, and the stickers... As much as I hate stickers, I love the ones in the Chima accessory kit. Paw prints, cracks, scratches, tire tracks... All good stuff for builds I have planned!

Lego store in natick was sold out of mini figures. They should be getting more in though.

My wife saw the sea cow and said I should get it, so I did :)

The mall is also a great place to get street passes on the 3ds. I think I got around 10 already.
Why do they think they will get more in? Online they are gone.

Hey guys, you might know this. My brother and I each want our own Martian Manhunter minifig. He already made an order from the online Lego Store, but could I get one too if I made an order there? We share an address, so I wasn't sure if they had some weird "one per household" thing going on for promotional items.

Hmm, I don't know... He just said to check in Monday or Tuesday when they get their shipments.

Is this the fastest selling series?
It wasn't until the movie came out that you couldn't find them anywhere. If Lego is smart they would milk the shit out of this one.

bread's done
Back