LEGO Deals 3

I have a $10 of $30 purchase coupon for TRU...excludes Red Hot Deals and Hot Prices which is half of the sh!t in the store because Hot Price = MSRP!

Last edited by a moderator:
went to Marshalls today
they had friends animal series 2 polybag for $3 a piece on clearance

I picked up

Hedgehog hideaway 41020
Poodles little palace 41021
bunny's hutch 41022

all for 9.72

Just got my free Martian Manhunter with Lego City Undercover Wii U today. Glad I was able to get him.^^ Waiting on Pally's Arrest now (backordered).

EDIT: Good grief. Darn LEGO. Just ordered the Arctic Batman set for Aquaman to eventually have the originally Justice League. Looks like I only need Flash and the unreleased(?) Green Latern. I am very fond of Mr. Freeze tho as well. AHHH! >_<

what device/app are you using? mine does not work this way (iphone). It has the option to check local store availability then you can select a store and go to store mode you use their scanner which will show the current price. Mine does not list any prices for any store except the online price.
I'll have to check that out on my wife's phone when I get home to see what you mean. I use the android version.

I have a $10 of $30 purchase coupon for TRU...excludes Red Hot Deals and Hot Prices which is half of the sh!t in the store because Hot Price = MSRP!
The Red Hot Price deal at Toys R Us is a joke. I know because I work there (I'm the price sign team member, so I am the one that's actually supposed to put that stuff up), and about a month ago they re-did the list and there was a TON of Lego added. And most of the sets are STILL cheaper elsewhere.

I always assumed "Hot Price!" at TRU was just a substitute for "No Further Discounts.  Screw you."

Mixels are $5.49 at TRU.  I saw them last week and had to price check them since there were no tags.  I passed then.  Since then, however, Target sold out of them.  I bought the black team at Target but haven't opened them yet. 

Got my Martian Manhunter yesterday.  I am not surprised they sold out of them, but I am surprised Lego underestimated the demand this much.  Glad I ordered when I did.  I usually wait.

Anniversary of original release of star wars. Lego does a "special" figure giveaway with $XX purchase, like the martian manhunter right now, and has some lukewarm discounts on certain sets.

Anniversary of original release of star wars. Lego does a "special" figure giveaway with $XX purchase, like the martian manhunter right now, and has some lukewarm discounts on certain sets.
And the B-Wing was half off, and still no one wanted one. :lol:

This is a sad day for LEGO.  I remember owning a Wolf-people set from 1991 and have bought at least a few sets every year since then.  Brickset says I have 83,000 pieces, but that's not even close to correct because I counted 10 years ago of the sets I bought from like 1999-2004 and it was 7x,xxx+.  And never have I experienced what just happened...

I'm building 70008, the big gorilla set, awesome build, very interring and different build.  I went to build the arms, they have these round curve pieces.  I have three of them are in fine, the fourth won't fit.  So I go to my roommate (who now thinks I'm nuts) and it won't fit!  LEGO is now no better than Megablocks.  :(

Plus there's a Green Latern keychain coming in April so that might be a sign.
oh nice...well at least we can buy that and pull out the chain if nothing else. Just got a hulk one the other day...just replaced the hair with an extra I had from harry potter and it looks perfect :)

edit: nevermind...looks like the only keychain I saw for him was the flashlight one, so I dont think its quite the same. I am sure his figure is coming at some point though b/c of the movie.

My local Walmart just got a new box of movie minifigures in. I won't be able to get back until Monday though. If anyone needs some, and has minifigures from prior series to trade, let me know.

My local Walmart just got a new box of movie minifigures in. I won't be able to get back until Monday though. If anyone needs some, and has minifigures from prior series to trade, let me know.
Lol if that was my store theyd be ripped to pieces before Monday

Lol if that was my store theyd be ripped to pieces before Monday
I'm not worried about that here. This one is the nicest, most organized, most poorly staffed Walmart I've ever been to. You can usually find what you need in a timely manner, but choosing 1 of the 4 (out of 30-some) open checkout lanes is a lottery at best.

My toys r us still has about 4 boxes up at the registers when you check out. I also wouldn't mind trading for earlier series. The main one I'm looking for is gorilla suit man. I'm also looking for the monster from series 4.

My toys r us still has about 4 boxes up at the registers when you check out. I also wouldn't mind trading for earlier series. The main one I'm looking for is gorilla suit man. I'm also looking for the monster from series 4.
Last time I went to TRU it was $4 and they were flat out. I might check tomorrow.

I said it earlier, but TRU was the only place I've seen in the last three weeks that had any movie minifigs... but they were 4.50, so that probably helps keep them on the shelf.

Yeah, they are $4 but TRU always price matches them for me. Last week was easier because they were 2.99 on the TRU website. Now I'd try to pull them up on targets website or sometimes they pm the Lego website even though that's supposedly against their policy.

I got what I wanted out of the movie mfs: Lord Business, Emmet, Western Wyldstyle, Abe Lincoln, Scribbleface Cop, Constuction Lady, Taco Tuesday Guy, & Mermaid. And got my girl Emmet, Scribbleface, Panda Guy & Shakespear. She usually wants them all but not this time around.

Was surprised to find Batman Man-Bat Attack at my Walmart for $16. Mainly bought it for Nightwing. Would of been nice if the Man-Bat looked like the cartoon one.

We have a full set of the LEGO Movie figures, got em all at Target early on. 2nd day they were out we had a set I think.

We have the new Hulk set coming in, the new Joker set, the Mountain creator, the friends olivia house, and I kind of forget what else. Gonna get the police and fire stations soon too, and the big castle... getting stuff for.... *really* cheap. I'll have to post a total with pictures once it all arrives.

We have a full set of the LEGO Movie figures, got em all at Target early on. 2nd day they were out we had a set I think.

We have the new Hulk set coming in, the new Joker set, the Mountain creator, the friends olivia house, and I kind of forget what else. Gonna get the police and fire stations soon too, and the big castle... getting stuff for.... *really* cheap. I'll have to post a total with pictures once it all arrives.
Yeah I just saw that Hulk set on Amazon last night. Looks pretty cool, gonna have to get that for my son. What's the retail on it?

That one is the Helicarrier set (with Thor, Hawkeye, Loki and Hulk I believe). I'd love to luck into finding that one, but I know I'm not.
Hulk was the only "unique" figure in that set, though; that's the only reason I bought it. In general, the superhero sets have pretty lackluster vehicles and buildings, mainly because, well, superheroes don't really use vehicles and they're not going to invest in a modular-like Daily Bugle or anything (one exception was the Quinjet, which I thought was pretty good). The new one has Falcon and Modok, so that seems a bit more enticing.

And don't get me started on those TMNT vehicles. That train/van thing is such a fragile build, in direct contrast to the tank-like nature of the actual toy.

And don't get me started on those TMNT vehicles. That train/van thing is such a fragile build, in direct contrast to the tank-like nature of the actual toy.
If you have bought the set after the first 6 months production they have completely redone the design of the set. I have never seen such a change take place, it's amazing. So I guess they fixed it.

AWD has a cinema for $122...

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Creator-10232-Palace-Cinema/dp/B00BFXP3G2/ref=sr_1_16?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&amp;s=merchant&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1394833069&amp;sr=1-16&amp;keywords=lego

I just realized Lord Business resembles a necktie, lol

I have an extra helicarrier, but somebody had taken the hulk and Thor as well as a few other parts.

And why are all the editing icons gone on my iPad?

So I put together the Mixels I got, which was the Black team.  I don't know exactly what I was expecting, but it was more than this.

The individual Mixels are amusing little builds, though each of them had what could charitably be called gimpy or underdeveloped limbs.  Krader and Shuff are kind of amusing, but Seismo is just weird and off-putting with gangly legs, stumpy arms, and an evil eye.  His animated form only barely resembles the Lego model.  Shuff and Krader are at least cute.

Then you have to disassemble them all to make the combined form.  That's kind of disappointing.  These aren't set forms -- these creatures could be anything -- so why couldn't they design them to merge in a less cumbersome way.  I had thought that Seismo's oversized, ridiculous legs would be the combined legs and Krader's oversized arm would be a combined arm.  I should have looked at the pictures more closely.

No.  The combined form is...weird.  Oversized clodhopper feet and arms that aren't as detailed as Krader's good arm.  The head is kind of amusing, being an upscaled version of Krader's head, but at the same time it is less detailed and flatter.  It's got some charm, sure, but I have to think they could have done a lot better.  The feet are terrible.  I've heard of thunderthighs, but thunderfeet?  The guy can't even stand straight up.

Worst of all, the combined mode doesn't use a huge number of pieces -- 50 or 60 or so.  That's the size of a whole Mixel.  That's just...stupid.

I can't for the life of me figure out what the point is.  I was willing to accept somewhat limited small figures if they made a really neat combined mode.  It's a disappointment, and it doesn't scream "This was worth $15" to me.  I think I could put together better cute little goblins with my own leftover parts. 

The only thing that's going to save this is that Lego fans are going to come up with much better combined modes than this.  For something Lego designed from the bottom up...that's just sad.

The good news is I can save some money by not buying the rest of them.

I have the yellow mixels and like them. *shrugs* The black looked the worst of the first wave to me. Excited about the third series the most.

bread's done
Back