LEGO Deals 3

lma

I just realized Lord Business resembles a necktie, lol

I have an extra helicarrier, but somebody had taken the hulk and Thor as well as a few other parts.

And why are all the editing icons gone on my iPad?
lmao... Husher claimed to be lord business at home, lets see if he wears him to work as a tie!

The Lego Movie Cloud Cuckoo Palace is $39 on Amazon but only $19 (plus shipping) from the Lego website. $19 from the Target website too, but they're out of stock.

I think LEGO will be stockpiling the movie sets for a DVD release.  SO they are making ore, sticking them in a warehouse until they can get all the insane amount of sets made.

I finally saw some sets at a Walmart, but this Walmart has never had mini figures.

The Lego Movie Cloud Cuckoo Palace is $39 on Amazon but only $19 (plus shipping) from the Lego website. $19 from the Target website too, but they're out of stock.
Cause its like a 19.99 MSRP...the amazon price is from 3rd parties, ones that qualify for prime. It was the only set my daughter had to have so it was the very first one I picked up lol. Got it at TRU when they were doing the 20% off msrp so it was $16...went to check amazon and other retailers before I got it since TRU prices are always ridiculous and noticed that everywhere was sold out of it so I got the last one they had. I am not a fan of it but she loves it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the yellow mixels and like them. *shrugs* The black looked the worst of the first wave to me. Excited about the third series the most.
Exactly what I thought. I looked at the back of the bags and I think in terms of interest it goes: Yellow > Red > Black. I've been spending too much on sets so I haven't been able to purchase any of these. I would lean yellow first tho. I have no interest in the first wave black mixels.

Exactly what I thought. I looked at the back of the bags and I think in terms of interest it goes: Yellow > Red > Black. I've been spending too much on sets so I haven't been able to purchase any of these. I would lean yellow first tho. I have no interest in the first wave black mixels.
See? Everyone is different. I thought the black ones had more charm and a more interesting combined mode.

The things I think are problems, though, are going to be in all the builds. If you like the look, that's fine. I was hoping for a little more than random creatures that create an equally random combined mode that wasn't designed to use the parts well.

Speaking of, here's something I came up with to use all the black Mixel parts. I was also able to design better hands and put articulation at the elbows, knees, and head.

mixel_zps9131159a.png

It won't win a beauty contest, but it's not half bad for a redesign while watching TV. And if I could do that, why couldn't Lego do better to begin with? They designed these from the ground up.

So I was pretty happy today .. Went to walmart and found 105 series 10 mini figures for $1 each.. I bought them all ... Don't know what they are yet .. Going to start feeling them tonight .. But if anybody is looking for these let me know what to set aside .. If I was lucky enough to get 2 full sets I would trade one for a complete series 9

Edit: so the girlfriend and I felt the bags tonight and here are the extras

Nerd/book girl : 2
Medusa: 4
Spartan: 11
Warrior girl: 4
Indian: 5
Sky diver: 15
Bee girl: 2
Grandpa: 1
Paintball guy: 5
Sea captain: 1
Clown: 11
Colonial guy: 6
Baseball player: 5
Celebrity/rich girl: 3
Painter: 6
Biker/mechanic: 8

So I did get a whole extra series which I'm looking for trades for a complete series 9 .. Everything else is for sale/trade .. Looking for some of the marvel sets from the first wave .. And just pm offers on other trades you have in mind .. Also need series 1.. Any polybags are a plus as well

Hi guys, I was just wondering about the mindstorms nxt that I have #8527--  do you think I would be able to sell this as I have bought my son the new mindstorm EV3 31313.  Should I try to sell it or just keep it and use the pieces together with the new one?  Anybody have an opinion?

That's new though.

I think it's reall up to you. If he's involved with something like Lego FIRST competitions, you probably have to use only the EV3 set, so keeping the old set would be pointless. On the other hand, keeping it would be more motors and sensors (though less sensors).

Unless you anticipate using it, I'd lean towards selling it.

Also, PSA, if you still have your Lego pick-a-brick boxes from Christmas, it expires at the end of the month. I still need to go in, lest I waste two boxes.

So yesterday, I got my Darth Plagueis figure(super awesome), and went to the lego store and achieved: martian manhunter. good day
Where did you get a Plagueis figure- was it a custom or something?

I assume you've read the book, then? Man, that book was cool. The scene where Palpatine slaughtered their enemies on Naboo was pretty vivid. The author sure did a good job mopping up the mess that is the prequel films, and providing some sort of coherent continuity.

Stopped in Lego store tonight with my daughter and she found the shamrock. They gave her a free Chima speedorz. She picked Eglor. Not a bad freebie.

I loved that book.  Its really the only book ive read in the last 5 years.  Read it twice, but heard the audiobook version first(which is really good). Theres like 6 sith lords in that book and it does it right without ruining it.  Its a top 3 star wars book for me.  I got the Plagueis figure from a walmart.  i saw a new stack of figures, i dropped the six pack of soda on the floor and went to town.  found one.  ecstatic.  now i am looking to make a custom Darth Tenebrous.   Now he can go up with my Darth malgus, and bastilla shan.

*Pardon us folks, were just passing through*

I loved that book. Its really the only book ive read in the last 5 years. Read it twice, but heard the audiobook version first(which is really good). Theres like 6 sith lords in that book and it does it right without ruining it. Its a top 3 star wars book for me. I got the Plagueis figure from a walmart. i saw a new stack of figures, i dropped the six pack of soda on the floor and went to town. found one. ecstatic. now i am looking to make a custom Darth Tenebrous. Now he can go up with my Darth malgus, and bastilla shan.

*Pardon us folks, were just passing through*
You're talking about action figures, and not LEGO minifigs, right?

You're talking about action figures, and not LEGO minifigs, right?
Yes, the current wave of the 3.75" Black series from Hasbro. It was brought up a few pages back, tangentially, when he was offering some CMFs for trade for the same figure he just found. I'm only really interested in rebel pilot figures, but I might have to pick up a Mara Jade if I ever see one on the pegs... (speaking of which, I think she's made the cut to appear in the new "Rebels" show, so maybe Lego will get on board with her finally)

Seriously, Mara Jade is gonna be in Rebels? Dang, may have to give it a shot. I never got into Clone Wars, the Prequel trilogy has left a horrible taste in my mouth. I loved the original cartoon shorts for Clone Wars though. I have dabbled in the Expanded Universe, read some of the books here and there, and mostly enjoyed what I read.

In other news I managed to get my Martian Manhunter. Made a S@H order last weekend right before they ran out, so even though it was on my order I was still afraid it may not come with it. FYI The new Batman/Penquin set is pretty amazing for such a low price set. The Spiderman/Electro set is very underwhelming, only plus side is Electro and the millions(5) lightning bolt pieces that come with it.

Yeah, the action figures.  I also have Darth Malgus Lego.  But the Tenebrous, I am gonna buy a Bith Cantina guy, some red sith lightning and a breather apparatus, and make it happen.       LEGO

Just finished the Sea Cow. It's a phenomenal build with a pretty ridiculous amount of special pieces (don't know if that's good or bad). It took good two and half weeks pacing ourselves with the kid. Now hopefully some better UCS stuff comes along to get excited for since the Sandcrawler is such a disapointment.

Awesome, but how?
Secret Space-Magics.

and by that I mean it's all in the top hat.

Around Friday the rest of the haul should be in... Total spent was $10 and that was only on the Marvel set in the picture, everything else has been free. It's gonna be a big image.

Lol yeah i dont really get the secrecy unless its something stolen or not very legit. Why even post lol.
Beast he's a douche. I can get tons of LEGO for free... if I steal them too.

Anyways Kmart had a ton of LEGO in the clearance section, China, Lone Ranger, NinjaGo, Hobbit, Iron Man 3, but even with the30% off it wasn't anything cheaper than AWD.

I'm too skinny to fit anything that big down my pants, and I don't know anyone with a truck for things to fall off of... so they're not stolen. Even though that would make me more dangerous...

Be on the look out for some older sets hitting stores.  My store today got some older Cars 2 sets along with some older Duplo stuff.  TRU is doing a new type of clearance blast in store, trying to get rid of some stock.  Warehouses are pushing out a bunch of older inventory throughout the whole store..

If you happen to be in a store and see different colored labels, 

Yellow price labels = 20% off  (I don't remember on the yellow/brown, it could be the other way)

Brown price labels = 30% off

Green price labels = 40% off

Blue price labels = 50% off.

My guess is that georox is doing the same thing I am doing with the kmart/fit studio promotion .. I've been able to get a lot of smaller sets for practically free thanks to this .. If you look back at my posts I explain what you need to do to get it going .. Pretty much for every 14 miles you walk/run kmart gives you $5 in reward points .. All you really need is an iPhone/ fitbit device to get started

Anyways Kmart had a ton of LEGO in the clearance section, China, Lone Ranger, NinjaGo, Hobbit, Iron Man 3, but even with the30% off it wasn't anything cheaper than AWD.
Yeah I noticed this too. I am waiting for the eventual 50% off toy clearance. Hoping the unexpected gathering set doesn't sell out before that happens.

Am I the only one having issues with "ghost" items on AWD more recently?

There was a LEGO Friends 41035 Heartlake Juice Bar for $18.29.  I was one step from buying it, Veronica Mars and Godzilla 98 cartoon.

It was gone!  I'm like "WTF?!" I really wanted that set, and for 40% off it's a steal. What would have happened if my order went through 1 second after whomever bought it?  There used to be safe guards so that wouldn't happen.

I think it disappearing that quickly is their way of making sure they don't make that mistake. When I buy something on AWD I always refresh  the Lego AWD page and the price disappears within a few seconds and after about a minute they remove the product completely. I have put things in my cart and thought about buying them but I have never been unlucky enough to have it removed when checking out.

That is a good price for the juice bar, I have seen it for around 21 and couldn't do it. My biggest regret was not getting the trash chomper for $20.66 back when they had price matched TRU 15% off Lego movie stuff. Now that the movie is so popular I don't know if we'll ever see that price again. 

Yeah it happened to me quite often when trying to get one of the Orthanc Towers. I finally managed tho so I dont really get much off AWD anymore. I got my 2 Palpatine's Arrest sets from S@H. I've already sold the extra on ebay for $82 so about $60 after shipping and fees but not bad...got 1 Palpatine set + Martian Manhunter for only $35, success :)

I think it disappearing that quickly is their way of making sure they don't make that mistake. When I buy something on AWD I always refresh the Lego AWD page and the price disappears within a few seconds and after about a minute they remove the product completely. I have put things in my cart and thought about buying them but I have never been unlucky enough to have it removed when checking out.
It used to be if you added it to your cart the price would disappear from the site, and if you bought it within X minutes you were safe if you were hanging out in the checkout pages. I was on the page where it asked if i want to use my points and that's only one step from the confirmation.

It's one of this year's sets I really want, really useful looking set. I also want to preorder Veronica Mars so I could download it and not have to pay. :lol:

I didn't know that. I think if they held it for me for a certain amount of time I would probably talk myself into buying more than I do. Now I just put sets in my cart and someone always buys it before I have time to think if I really want it or not. Although I do buy some sets immediately if I have to have them.

All Wheel Drive...AWD is a drivetrain that allows all four wheels to receive torque from the engine.

AWD is also a mythical Amazon portal where CAG's report seeing Lego sets for sale at deep discounts only to have them magically vanish when trying to buy them.

AWD=Amazon Warehouse Deals. (and no, I have no idea how the other CAGs can pinpoint an exact set there and instantly know when it appears…)
There is a trick to it, where it shows it's coming before it's coming in stock. I don't hover the AWD thread, so I'm not sure how it works but I have a general consensus of how it works.

All Wheel Drive...AWD is a drivetrain that allows all four wheels to receive torque from the engine.
:lol:

I remember there were like ten or so people that actually thought of that in the cheap 3DS topic and I'm like "What the fuck? You call yourself cheapasses?" and then they tried to attack me.

Then I remembered why I stopped going into video game topics a decade ago. :)

I have AWD saved as a favorite so if they add anything when I check it, not perfect, but I get to see some of the sets on sale.

To find the deals on AWD, it requires checking back often, knowing what you want, and being ready to instantly pull the trigger.  You do have to be careful though because not everything on there is a deal (sometimes listed higher than MSRP).    

Here is a new and badass Cuusoo project. Toy Story Racers. I would buy every one of these. They're adorable.
I agree and put in a vote for it, but Toy Story did not seem lot be a particularly popular theme so I doubt Lego has a lot of interest in adding to it with no movie on the horizon.
Edit: bleh double posting, sorry.

I agree and put in a vote for it, but Toy Story did not seem lot be a particularly popular theme so I doubt Lego has a lot of interest in adding to it with no movie on the horizon.
Yeah, but how much of that was shitty designed sets? I was totally down for TS LEGO sets but only bought the RC set. The rest were garbage.

The TS theme wasn't a great idea for a theme, way too limited.  The RC set was nice, but twice as much as it should have been.  

The best sets were ones I didn't have, the RC, Woody's Roundup.  However the vehicles were really well made, just the prices were way too high.  So I would not call the theme garbage, just unimaginative.

bread's done
Back