LEGO Deals 3

You own a girl? Is there a website where I can buy one? :lol:

Sorry I hate the phrase "my girl".
1. Why? Not why do you hate the phrase but if I remember correctly you have no interest in females

2. You must really hate the song then

Got the TRU Friends & Family coupon in the mail yesterday. Anything good on sale?

I was teasing him people!  I hate the way the language has become, "My girl / boy" makes it seem like they are yours, you are in a relationship with them, you do not own them.  

So...

My girlfriend/boyfriend = Good

My girl/boy = Bad

And being gay the term I hate most is "partner".  They aren't your partner, you aren't dancing or in a law firm together.  :lol:

Anyways...

TRU doesn't let you use coupons with sale prices, you should know better than that.  :lol:

I was teasing him people! I hate the way the language has become, "My girl / boy" makes it seem like they are yours, you are in a relationship with them, you do not own them.

So...

My girlfriend/boyfriend = Good

My girl/boy = Bad

And being gay the term I hate most is "partner". They aren't your partner, you aren't dancing or in a law firm together. :lol:

Anyways...

TRU doesn't let you use coupons with sale prices, you should know better than that. :lol:
I see your point about partner more than the my girl/boy thing and most of the time I am a stickler for the dilution of language, just not on board with this one.

When I refer to my wife I do so in the Borat voice. Whats your ruling on that?

And the Friends & Family coupon can be stacked with sale prices. I believe prim mentioned it earlier in this thread or another. Exclusions are clearance, Hot Price and Red Hot Deals (other restrictions too but those are the ones closely interpreted as sale price)

Funny voices are allowed, everyone loves an accent.

(I have an accent.)  :D

Even worse than "partner" is "You're a gay?" instead of "You're gay?"  That "a" makes all the difference, only close-minded dumbfuckers say "a gay". 

Now back on topic.  :)

Thanks to a special someone I have most of the movie mini figures.  Still looking for Gail (female construction worker) and Velma (robot secretary).  I'd also like another mermaid, she is beautiful.  The coffee guy is awesome, I didn't know it was a different type of mug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IUG-9jZD-g

1991 O:)

51952CJDYNL.jpg

Oh and I picked up the Mermaid cuz she was the only one in the whole box that I got the joy of opening at Walmart(workers just put it on the shelf without setting it up). Personally I was just happy to get Scribbleface. Ended up satisfied with Emmet, Scribbleface, Western Wyldstyle, Lincoln, Gail, Taco Tuesday Guy & Mermaid. gf just wanted Shakespear so I got her him along with Emmet, Scribbleface, & Panda Guy. Get them while you can at $2.97!

Last edited by a moderator:
^He'll be gone quicker than Martian Manhunter that's for sure! Unless they actually make a decent amount of him.

It's only available for 3 days so you're right.
Lol yeah so they *should* have enough supply for 3 days but who knows. Dont think theres anything I want to order but that figure does look cool, might try to find one on ebay if they start out pretty low.

Calling it now, gone day 1. I love Sta err Wars, but I'm not the biggest collector of SW Lego, but I really want that. Gonna have to figure out $75 worth that I want.

It won't be gone day one.  I'm pretty sure LEGO makes too many of these and even randomly gives them away the week after.  Plus it's Star Wars, is tat still popular?  ;)

However LEGO planning recently has been horrible to say the least.  I still believe that's why the DVD release of the movie will be so late in August because they are still trying to get the machines to make the sets.  They just are playing way too many sets / themes this year and they don't have the production to keep up with the demand.

Wow...

http://www.amazon.com/71004-LEGO-Minifigures-Series-Movie/dp/B00HL1OM1Y/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1396114061&sr=8-20&keywords=lego+movie+minifigures

The price of the collection of mini figures was an outrageous $83 just a few weeks ago.  Amazon used to be a great way to get the collections.  I bought a collection in 2012 because they were $4-5 in the only store that had them and it was only $5 or so more than MSRP was.

My wife and daughter are camping this weekend, so I'm having a boys weekend with my son. We are working on chipping away at the backlog. I get AWD and damaged boxed LEGO sets for times like this. The discounted price for a damaged box (kids couldn't care less) makes it much more affordable.

My wife and daughter are camping this weekend, so I'm having a boys weekend with my son. We are working on chipping away at the backlog. I get AWD and damaged boxed LEGO sets for times like this. The discounted price for a damaged box (kids couldn't care less) makes it much more affordable.
Big game tonight!

I know. I have sworn off watching. Over the last couple of years every game I have watched they lost. Typically after blowing a decent lead. I can't jinx it now!

^ I'll be using the Revan minifig promotion to finally buy the Jedi Defender-Class Cruiser. It's a cool-looking ship, and even though I never played The Old Republic it would still make a nice addition to my collection of starships. Hopefully it doesn't sell out in the next month.

Are there any plans to release Martian Manhunter in an upcoming set? I wanted to get one but my local store ran out weeks ago.

I doubt we will ever see one again. I'm regretting not buying some sets and selling him off. There is no reason to have him in a set. Your best bet would be a keychain of him happening.

I bought a Martian Manhunter in bag from eBay, 17 shipped. It arrives today, I don't think I want to take it out of its package though. Hopefully LEGO will release a Watchtower set this winter or next spring with another MM fig.

^ I'll be using the Revan minifig promotion to finally buy the Jedi Defender-Class Cruiser. It's a cool-looking ship, and even though I never played The Old Republic it would still make a nice addition to my collection of starships. Hopefully it doesn't sell out in the next month.
I doubt this set will sell off quickly, the only problem with it is being a TRU exclusive.

Where can one buy a full box and how much does it run?
If you can get one new at Toys R Us if you ask them to set aside a box, but it will be $300 most likely. Amazon France sometime sold past boxes for $120-$190 depending on the current Euro dollar ratio.

Eurobricks got the box for free from LEGO.

I'm going to try asking TRU, I have no patience to hunt down these minifigs.  Especially when I suspect there are about 2 or 3 people in my area who like to buy up all the LEGO and try to resell it.

I could probably break even if I get three full sets plus some extras.

I'm going to try asking TRU, I have no patience to hunt down these minifigs. Especially when I suspect there are about 2 or 3 people in my area who like to buy up all the LEGO and try to resell it.

I could probably break even if I get three full sets plus some extras.
I don't know if you would break even right away, TRU is going to charge more than MSRP of $4, I'm assuming $5. That's $100 a set and a few extras when a set should cost only $70ish. It all depends on demand and such. But wait a few years and no issue getting your money back.

I don't know if you would break even right away, TRU is going to charge more than MSRP of $4, I'm assuming $5. That's $100 a set and a few extras when a set should cost only $70ish. It all depends on demand and such. But wait a few years and no issue getting your money back.
Not if you get them with the first 2-4 weeks...TRU will have them at MSRP at that point which would only be $240 + tax for a box but I personally will just feel for the whole set since it should be even easier this time around. Could possibly be cheaper if they have a sale at that point like they have had with the previous ones. Most of the Lego Movie ones I got @ $4.50 for two with the B1G1 half off.

I haven't seen mini figures for MSRP in years, I have a feeling they will start at no lower than $4.50, and when they first come out they only get two boxes and might not want to set one aside.  But whatever.  :lol:

AWD has some very minor deals on the movie sets, that's the first time since before the movie that they have been cheaper than MSRP.

I haven't seen mini figures for MSRP in years, I have a feeling they will start at no lower than $4.50, and when they first come out they only get two boxes and might not want to set one aside. But whatever. :lol:

AWD has some very minor deals on the movie sets, that's the first time since before the movie that they have been cheaper than MSRP.
This is why I am glad to have Fred Meyers around. Always have the figs at MSRP, and can usually get some discount on them. Plus they had movie figs weeks after other locations were out. They have been my go to store for figs since series 1.

This is why I am glad to have Fred Meyers around. Always have the figs at MSRP, and can usually get some discount on them. Plus they had movie figs weeks after other locations were out. They have been my go to store for figs since series 1.
I do not like you anymore.

*Jealous*

Speaking of which I still need robot secretary and woman construction worker from the movie set if anyone can find them for me. :)

I haven't seen mini figures for MSRP in years, I have a feeling they will start at no lower than $4.50, and when they first come out they only get two boxes and might not want to set one aside. But whatever. :lol:

My TRU had them MSRP for about a month...and online they were MSRP too, they are always MSRP online for at least the first two weeks. Most walmarts and targets that still have the displays up (although empty around here) are still 2.99 as well.

I just got an email that all purchases are double VIP points until the end April 15. I'd love to know if this is common because I'll take advantage of it if its not.

TRU has had the minifigures near me for $3.19 for the last few series and they were raised to $3.50 when they had none left.

Double points used to happen in March and October.

Warning to all CAGs in the bensalem pa area ... saw kmart had battle at black gate for $37 and goblin king attack for $54 both on clearance.

Some d-bag took all minifigures and sealed the bags and box. . Had to return both sets.

Aw, I was hoping for 4x points on some of those bundles that were already double points, but I guess that promo expired yesterday...

Warning to all CAGs in the bensalem pa area ... saw kmart had battle at black gate for $37 and goblin king attack for $54 both on clearance.

Some d-bag took all minifigures and sealed the bags and box. . Had to return both sets.
some loser did that to the Batman sets near me too, just for a freaking Flash and Batgirl Figs

bread's done
Back