LEGO Deals 3

Some movies are better than others, it's usually the heavy CGI or animated movies that really shine. I watched Predator and even though the 3D wasn't jaw dropping it did add a new layer to the movie that wasn't there before.

I haven't watched Top Gun yet but Jurassic Park was good in theaters, I've been waiting for a good price on that.
I think maybe I have been watching too many of the Disney animated movies in 3d to appreciate Jurassic Parks more subtle 3d. I also may have had too high of expectations for it as well. But even at it’s worst 3d does add an extra layer that helps to bring you more into the movie.
As for the glasses I haven't bought any, when I have gone to 3d movies in the theatres I just bring home the glasses afterwards. The theatres don't seem to care and they work just as well as the 2 pairs we got with the TV. At this point we have 8 adult and 3 kids' glasses, which seems like plenty.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think maybe I have been watching too many of the Disney animated movies in 3d to appreciate Jurassic Parks more subtle 3d. I also may have had too high of expectations for it as well. But even at it’s worst 3d does add an extra layer that helps to bring you more into the movie. As for the glasses I haven't bought any, when I have gone to 3d movies in the theatres I just bring home the glasses afterwards. The theatres don't seem to care and they work just as well as the 2 pairs we got with the TV. At this point we have 8 adult and 3 kids' glasses, which seems like plenty.

I think maybe I have been watching too many of the Disney animated movies in 3d to appreciate Jurassic Parks more subtle 3d. I also may have had too high of expectations for it as well. But even at it’s worst 3d does add an extra layer that helps to bring you more into the movie.
As for the glasses I haven't bought any, when I have gone to 3d movies in the theatres I just bring home the glasses afterwards. The theatres don't seem to care and they work just as well as the 2 pairs we got with the TV. At this point we have 8 adult and 3 kids' glasses, which seems like plenty.
You must have an LG, because the active shutter glasses that I have for my Sammy plasma would never work in the theatre, and similarly for the theatre glasses not working at home.
For $30, I'd get the Everything is Awesome edition for the minifigure, and while we didn't see it in 3d, I think this movie would look great at home with that additional aspect.

I have a 3d TV and have used the thing for 3d exactly once.  And that was to test it with the Shrek movies it came with for free.  The only reason I bought the thing was it had better specs than the TV I had gone out to get, and was about the same price, but came with all the Shrek movies at the time in 3d and 2 pairs of glasses.  

I've seen numerous movies in 3d and the only one I thought actually added to the movie was Avatar.  Seeing the HUDs and such in 3d was pretty cool.  The rest, eh.  Now I will only go to a 3d movie if it is playing at a better time for me than the regular edition.

That said I'm going to have to buy that boxed set anyway for the minifigure.  Curse you Legoooo!

You must have an LG, because the active shutter glasses that I have for my Sammy plasma would never work in the theatre, and similarly for the theatre glasses not working at home.
For $30, I'd get the Everything is Awesome edition for the minifigure, and while we didn't see it in 3d, I think this movie would look great at home with that additional aspect.
Theres passive and active 3D TVs...pros and cons to both but passive TVs use the regular glasses just like in the theater. My TV came with 4 pair and over time I have amassed probably 15 pair lol. I dont watch a ton but everytime I do I enjoy it. I think its something that gets too old if you try to watch everything only in 3D but I usually watch every movie I get at least once in 3D. Usually the 3D combos include the regular blu and DVD for only $2-5 extra so it is well worth it, hell on some sites and even ebay people will pay $10-15 just for the 3D disc if you decide to get rid of it.

Can we get back to the Lego Deals and leave the A/V discussion to the proper forum. On a side note picked up Chima Laval Royal Fighter and Friends Heartlake City Pool for $19.97 each at Costco.

BTW, the Everything is Awesome edition is the only way to go! :)

Can we get back to the Lego Deals and leave the A/V discussion to the proper forum.
Yes because we always stay on topic here! It's very important that we do! We have never gone off topic about Star Wars action figures or girl on girl jet skiing.

Yes because we always stay on topic here! It's very important that we do! We have never gone off topic about Star Wars action figures or girl on girl jet skiing.
Girl on girl jet skiing was totally on topic. We were discussing what one could do with some of the Friends sets. And this A/V discussion is on topic because it is discussing the merits of the LEGO Movie Everything is Awesome edition, which comes with a minifig, so that counts as a set. Right?

Totally agree. I got an LG a few years ago and it seemed every 55" just came with 3D. Mine came with a family pack of 6 different sized 3D glasses and a pair of clip ons (if you wear prescription glasses like me). I never thought I'd be into 3D but I had one movie already, Tron Legacy, to test it out when my TV arrived. I've been hooked ever since and now have a dozen 3D movies. I watch them once when I get them and maybe again when friends come over and want the experience. I love the clip ons and take them to the 3D showings now.

Over time I have amassed probably 15 pair lol. I dont watch a ton but everytime I do I enjoy it.

yoyo has 20% off 3+ lego sets with code LEGOPALOOZA. I picked up mountain hut for 28.xx, all three of the new series 4 animal sets for 3.03 each, and mias lemonade stand for 7.19. 

yoyo has 20% off 3+ lego sets with code LEGOPALOOZA. I picked up mountain hut for 28.xx, all three of the new series 4 animal sets for 3.03 each, and mias lemonade stand for 7.19.
Similar to my target buy yesterday with the 15% off

TRU has b1g1 40% off Star Wars.

I need to look into the clip on 3D glasses, those would be awesome for the movie theaters!!

For any of the complainers about the new MSRP for CMF, if you want the Simpsons figures they are currently only 2.97 at Walmart this week if you can find them. No idea if this is a sale or what but I just bought the set of 16 yesterday and got them price adjusted today.

Finally bit on the Flash set (which happens to come with Batman, Riddler, and two vehicles I don't really want), even though 5 bucks off at Target isn't exactly a stellar sale. 

Also picked up a Death Star off of AWD, which has been killing me with the big sets lately.

Also picked up a Death Star off of AWD, which has been killing me with the big sets lately.
How much did you get it for? I've never bought Lego from AWD. I've been thinking about getting the Super Star Destroyer as I've read Lego has stopped making them. I have enough Walmart credit to get one, just have to pull the trigger.

The Death Star was 325.  Apparently AWD has gone as low as 275 a few months ago.  The "good" thing about AWD is it forces me to build the sets (or at least the minifigs) ASAP, to check for missing pieces.

AWD has a Friends Beach house for $24.37, which is $4 cheaper than the one I bought two days ago!  

Looks like an awesome set.  I have this idea for a beach front and if I had more pale yellow it would fit in perfectly.

Only a few times I have heard Star Wars sets were missing mini figures.  I have bought dozens of sets and never had an issues besides with the stickers being bend, but that's LEGOs fault.

AWD has a Friends Beach house for $24.37, which is $4 cheaper than the one I bought two days ago!

Looks like an awesome set. I have this idea for a beach front and if I had more pale yellow it would fit in perfectly.

Only a few times I have heard Star Wars sets were missing mini figures. I have bought dozens of sets and never had an issues besides with the stickers being bend, but that's LEGOs fault.
I opened a back to the future delorean tonight and it was missing many pieces. Oddly it had extra minifig heads. Amazon have me a partial refund.

I opened a back to the future delorean tonight and it was missing many pieces. Oddly it had extra minifig heads. Amazon have me a partial refund.
Were the extra heads from the set or just random heads?

I have bought 18 LEGO sets from AWD deals in the last 15 months. I have opened 17 of them and they are all perfect, the last one was 87% off so if it's mainly there I'd be happy.

Were the extra heads from the set or just random heads?

I have bought 18 LEGO sets from AWD deals in the last 15 months. I have opened 17 of them and they are all perfect, the last one was 87% off so if it's mainly there I'd be happy.
Extra heads were Doc and Marty. Marty's hair was missing. The worst is that the 4 double bushing pieces are gone so I can't put on the wheels. I checked another tmnt set from awd and everything was there.

That sounds like LEGO messed up and not AWD, very weird.  If you aren't missing too many pieces (and even if you are) tell LEGO what happened.  I bought the crazy house Batman set (the older one) from TRU years ago and was missing 68 pieces (a whole bag) and they replaced them no questions asked.  

So you get extra heads, might be worth a few more cents.   :)

AWD had the new Hulk set for $35.86.  Almost bought it with all those great minifigures.  Plus I'm hoping to get all the Avengers and that one had Hulk and Thor that I need, then I would just need Caption America and hope for a decent set with that useless guy with the arrows.  :lol:

But it's nice to see the newer sets on sea on AWD.  

My TRU got the Simpsons figures in this week.  I was able to use the Walmart picture that was posted on Toys N Bricks to get my figures matched to $2.97. Definately YMMV, but worth a shot.

My TRU got the Simpsons figures in this week. I was able to use the Walmart picture that was posted on Toys N Bricks to get my figures matched to $2.97. Definately YMMV, but worth a shot.
I've checked every walmart and tru in buffalo area to no avail. I'm jealous.

do you have the item # prim?
Someone posted it last week on brickset..."6-digit TRU item #085095". Definitely glad I got them for $2.97...entire set for roughly $50 instead of $70. Theyre going for like $10 each on ebay, or at least were...I guess cause theyre out 3 weeks early.

Interestingly The Simpsons special is using more regular styled mini figures instead of the big head crap we are getting.

I found metalbeards dual for $30 on clearance at Walmart. They also had riddles for the ring for $7. They also had the Disney princess poly 30116 for 3.97 but no Simpsons mini figs . This was at the Miami lakes location in FL. 

All that talk about AWD made me check the two sets they just sent me where they threw away the original box and placed the inner bags in a brown box. Both are complete. I have ordered close to 30 sets from them and only once had a problem. One of the bags was open in set 7052 and one of the smaller plates was smashed, now that I look back on it I probably could have had lego ship me a new one but other than that AWD has been great. I recently ordered HP 4737 for $27, it was listed as good- inner packing open. when it came the box was perfect except there was scotch tape where the Lego seals should have been but everything inside was sealed. Now I just need to find more of that series for a decent price... 

Thats good. I wonder what the $24 one was like. I would have bought it had I seen it. I just got my 18.29 ariels magical kiss in yesterday and it is also almost perfect except for a few small creases in the box. I am hoping the same is true with the carriage that is supposed to arrive tomorrow. 

I'm sure the other beach house was fine, I think it had the same basic description.  Awesome set, I love it, very nicely detailed.

There was a Friends Disney Princess Brave set, $20 normally, for $12.xx.  if I had Prime I'd buy that.  They have been adding a few nice sets every few hours recently.  Hard to keep track.

There is a Sunshine Ranch for $55 right now, normally $70(+).  The Friend sets have really improved because of a few huge things LEGO has done.

1. The Friends animal series was lowered from the outrageous $5 to $4.

2. The $10 sets used to only have 50-60 pieces now have 80-120.

3.  They fixed the colors!  before it was all weird, like lime green and pink camper that was horrible.  Now it's purple and yellow for the beach house, the barn is a purpley color and white.  They match and look good.

My Walmart has 2 cases of the Movie Minifigs now and I was like alright I get the Cat Lady then. She was in the first bag I grabbed. :D/

So a couple of things. First, I know this isn't much of a deal for most people but I got my second wave of 20% off coupons for Barnes and Noble which effectively let me roll into my local store and get some Lego Movie sets at 30% off (10% plus the 20%). I think they stack the discounts though which is effectively a 28% percent discount for math nerds out there. That said the membership is $25 and yesterday I saved right around 25 bucks buying the Super Cycle Chase and Castle Cavalry. You get these coupons I think once per quarter and they are store wide which make them pretty good for Lego. All orders over 25 bucks have free shipping so if you don't have a B&N close you can still shop online. Anyway...

I wanted to know what's up with polybags? I've been interested in getting some for both Monster Hunters (I know those are OOP) and Lego Movie but I don't understand where they are sold. Are they regional or what? I'd love to avoid ebay and Amazon markups but I have not seen them here in Georgia. At my local Targets, TRUs, and even Lego Stores they never seem to carry everything but the Lego Movie polys. Is there a rhyme or reason to who gets what?

So a couple of things. First, I know this isn't much of a deal for most people but I got my second wave of 20% off coupons for Barnes and Noble which effectively let me roll into my local store and get some Lego Movie sets at 30% off (10% plus the 20%). I think they stack the discounts though which is effectively a 28% percent discount for math nerds out there. That said the membership is $25 and yesterday I saved right around 25 bucks buying the Super Cycle Chase and Castle Cavalry. You get these coupons I think once per quarter and they are store wide which make them pretty good for Lego. All orders over 25 bucks have free shipping so if you don't have a B&N close you can still shop online. Anyway...

I wanted to know what's up with polybags? I've been interested in getting some for both Monster Hunters (I know those are OOP) and Lego Movie but I don't understand where they are sold. Are they regional or what? I'd love to avoid ebay and Amazon markups but I have not seen them here in Georgia. At my local Targets, TRUs, and even Lego Stores they never seem to carry everything but the Lego Movie polys. Is there a rhyme or reason to who gets what?
Poly sets are kinda random as to who gets what... I've seen LEGO Movie ones at TRU and Meijer (regional), I've seen a mini Batman tumbler at Target, and misc. sets at Target and TRU too. Walmart never has jack, same with Kmart.

I was able to find the Simpsons figures at Toys R Us. Didnt have time to feel so just grabbed 7 packs. I got Flanders x 2, Bart x 2, Police Chief Wiggum, Nelson, and Itchy. I'd be open to trade the extra Bart and Flanders for any other in the line.

Finally amazon gets some captain america vs. skull/hydra sets in and lowers the AWD price to something below retail. 

Anyone pick up that Spiderman copter set?  I kinda want a Mary Jane, but I'm iffy on Power Man especially since I missed out on Iron Fist.   And as usual I don't care that much about the vehicle.

What...they're out already?
Retail date is suppose to be May 1. I know a lot of stores have them whether they want to put them out or not is up to them I guess. My Toys r Us just put them out today but that is the only store around me that I have seen them in.

My Walmart had a sign saying that minifigs were mispriced in the ad and that the Simpsons minifigs were the replacement.  Of course no minifigs, Simpsons or Movie, were on the shelf.  They did have some Mixels though.

I checked the three Walmarts around me cause I heard some were doing that if they were out of the movie figures. Two had empty movie boxes on the shelf and the third had a whole case they just put out. No Simpsons In any of them.

Finally amazon gets some captain america vs. skull/hydra sets in and lowers the AWD price to something below retail.

Anyone pick up that Spiderman copter set? I kinda want a Mary Jane, but I'm iffy on Power Man especially since I missed out on Iron Fist. And as usual I don't care that much about the vehicle.
I have been eying the Captain America set too. Really need to save money, if I had prime I'd be broke because they have some awesome deals on the NinjaGo Borg sets, the Super Hero sets. Too many mini figures I want.

Actually found Simpsons minifigs at Walgreens of all places (Homestead and Naranja, Florida). They rang up at $3.99 and each store had roughly a case each. I grabbed 10 of them hastily, and it cost me. Got 2 Neds, and 3 Ralphs along with Lisa, Marge, Burns, Apu and Bart. Next time out, I'll take my time, heh. Anyways, happy hunting.

bread's done
Back