LEGO Deals 3

I need Shakespeare and the cat lady from The Lego movie series--- I have 3 extra from that series.   I have President Business, Larry the Barista, & Wiley Fusebot.I have none of the simpsons yet.

I need Shakespeare and the cat lady from The Lego movie series--- I have 3 extra from that series. I have President Business, Larry the Barista, & Wiley Fusebot.I have none of the simpsons yet.
I have an extra cat lady. Do you have any older minifigures available for trade?

I'd just like to say Green Giant called it. After I complained about the Simpson minifig price hike I was right there at TRU throwing my money at the register buying them. Only one I missed was Maggie and I didn't have the desire to keep feeling bags.

I'd just like to say Green Giant called it. After I complained about the Simpson minifig price hike I was right there at TRU throwing my money at the register buying them. Only one I missed was Maggie and I didn't have the desire to keep feeling bags.
Unfortunately i am in the same boat....i grabbed almost all of them, but got tired as well. :)

Took one trip to Walmart this morning before work and random grabs netted 11/16 Simpsons minifigs. Went back at lunch and grabbed the remaining five I needed. These were particularly easy to feel out. Only tricky one, which I was warned about beforehand, was Ralph and Milhouse but once you figure out Ralph has the smooth head, you're good. Feels good to be done already. Now the long wait until series 12.

It's official that the remaining Lego Movie sets come in June. Plus, the freebie on spending 50 bucks is this charming balloon vendor.

tn_40108-1_jpg.jpg
The freebie is for a $75 spend.

I know people well. If I had any clue what I was doing with my life and didn't lend a friend a bunch of money I'd probably buy them too. :lol:

I do want Itchy and Stratchy and the three eyed fish.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bee-lined it to Toys R Us after work and attempted to feel out a bag.  They had the box on top of a Lego Princess display and felt all weirded out trying to feel out the figures there.  I bought 16 random bags and hoped for the best.  I didn't realize that the TRU by my place was charging $4.49 a bag till I got home and looked at the receipt.  Probably could've had them price match their site.  I got 11 unique figures with 5 doubles.  Seems like a running theme...

I have: Marge, Lisa, Bart, Flanders, and Scratchy

Looking for: Chief Wiggum, Mr. Burns, Apu, Nelson and Maggie.

so, couple random questions here from a guy who hasnt done much with LEGO's for a while...

1.  Is the Captain America set that was talked about a couple pages back the one with him vs Red Skull/Hydra?  My Target has it for $19.99 and I'm wondering if thats a decent deal...sounds like the set may be going out of print?

2. Noticed the May the 4th sale for the LEGO store.  For Star Wars sets, is that discount about as good as it gets?  I want that Revan figure (KOTOR is one of my favorite games).  And any particular sets I should grab at this discount?  

Thanks in advance for any advice!

1. Is the Captain America set that was talked about a couple pages back the one with him vs Red Skull/Hydra? My Target has it for $19.99 and I'm wondering if thats a decent deal...sounds like the set may be going out of print?
That set was just released in March so it should not be out of print for quite some time. The original Captain America set is retired I believe but thats it.

The Red Skull/Hydra tank set is pretty cool for a Super Heroes set though. I've gotten a handful now and it is my favorite non-Star Wars set since I became an AFOL

That set was just released in March so it should not be out of print for quite some time. The original Captain America set is retired I believe but thats it.
It also retails for 20 bucks, so Target doesn't really have any kind of deal. Amazon had lowered it to 17 and change a week or so ago, which finally lowered the AWD price, but it's back up to 20. I'd wait for a TRU sale (since I think that's one of the sets that's not marked up) or a Target/amazon sale, unless you're impatient.

BTW, do they not have the rights to the captain america movie or something? I'm surprised we didn't get at least a comic styled winter soldier set of some kind (we did get a falcon).

It also retails for 20 bucks, so Target doesn't really have any kind of deal. Amazon had lowered it to 17 and change a week or so ago, which finally lowered the AWD price, but it's back up to 20. I'd wait for a TRU sale (since I think that's one of the sets that's not marked up) or a Target/amazon sale, unless you're impatient.

BTW, do they not have the rights to the captain america movie or something? I'm surprised we didn't get at least a comic styled winter soldier set of some kind (we did get a falcon).
Yeah, I'll wait for a decent sale or a Target coupon. I thought I had read it was going out of print though which was why I was wondering if I suddenly need to jump on it.

I have a smart phone now, does that cartwheel app still give you 10% off?
At the moment there are no current Lego or general toy discounts on cartwheel. You can always check under the search function in the app (top right hand corner) under lego specifically or just a general "toy" search. If you're in store and want to check you can always scan the item.

Reading between the lines on Brick Picker it looks like the half off sets this year are Pre Vizsla's Mandalorian Fighter, the Desert Skiff and some third set I'm not witty enough to figure out. I dig the Mandalorian Fighter.

Reading between the lines on Brick Picker it looks like the half off sets this year are Pre Vizsla's Mandalorian Fighter, the Desert Skiff and some third set I'm not witty enough to figure out. I dig the Mandalorian Fighter.
Some one of Brickset said the third set is this.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/The-Malevolence-9515?fromListing=listing

I got the Pre Visia for $5 last year when Wal Mart decided to go crazy with their Christmas clearance and decided to mark everything $5 and under, including the Millennium Falcon and the Batcave. It's a nice set, but not $50 nice. $25 seems ok.

That's pretty...boring.   I already have the Skiff, as do most people who would want it, as it's been on sale umpteen times.  If the Mandalorian Fighter is indeed half off, I will get one.

The thing I saw on Brickpicker said the third is the Malevolence, which I've heard before and sounds reasonable.  If it's $60, I'll probably go for that too unless I talk myself out of it.  Given that it's kind of ugly, that won't be hard.

some decent prices it looks like, I may get a few.

man its been a long time since I really did LEGO's....anybody else remember the Johnny Thunder sets?  I have a whole bunch of those in storage

Lame. I was hoping for a deal on UCS R2-D2 or the X-Wing.
I just hope they are holding back some SSD for tonight online or at the store tomorrow. I was at the store last Saturday and the girl said they had quite a bit, how over many that meant but..... I read on another forum that they were sold out at that particular store, if they are not holding back or other sites remain OOS I may be out of luck.

I did get the Jedi Cruiser for $61 after tax! I asked an associate for a coupon and they let me have one!

Lame. I was hoping for a deal on UCS R2-D2 or the X-Wing.
Me too!

Boooooourns!

Well, I'm taking the kid to the store tomorrow anyway since Mom has to work (Booourns on that too) so I'll probably continue to chop down the list of the remaining Lego Movie sets before the final sets are released in June.

Damn, I really wanted the Skiff. I messed around too long cause it wouldnt add Revan to the bag with just the Sandcrawler and Skiff. While I was looking for something else to get over 75.00 the Skiff sold out.

Pleased to see the Jedi Defender-Class cruiser was on sale, especially considering it's an exclusive - I've been waiting for this one. Also used VIP points to get $10 off, and Revan was still included in the order. This has been the only May the Fourth that's actually worked out nicely for me in recent years. Time to drink tea and read Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader before drifting off to sleep. I really dig James Luceno's books and was glad to see he's doing one on Grand Moff Tarkin. 

Pleased to see the Jedi Defender-Class cruiser was on sale, especially considering it's an exclusive - I've been waiting for this one. Also used VIP points to get $10 off, and Revan was still included in the order. This has been the only May the Fourth that's actually worked out nicely for me in recent years. Time to drink tea and read Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader before drifting off to sleep. I really dig James Luceno's books and was glad to see he's doing one on Grand Moff Tarkin.
You know it's $66.49 at TRU right now? Additionally, you can try and use a discount code of $10 off $50, primm posted a picture 10-15 post before this one.

Okay, I got it to work. The promotion is all screwed up. It says that you get a free poster with any Star Wars purchase and the Darth Revan minifig with any purchase of $75+. The site is giving the poster away with any purchase and Revan with any Star Wars purchase of $75+. Either the ad copy or the site itself has it backwards. Bought two $45 Star Wars sets that I never see around here. Didn't want to spend that much, but I really want Revan and figure this is cheaper in the long run than buying one on eBay or something.

Got two orders in in the first 5 minutes (one was already in my cart).

The first was a Malevolence and a Pre Vizsla's Mandaloria Fighter for $85, and the second a Desert Skiff, Boba Fett Keychain (10% off) and X-Wing Fighter (no discount) for $76.

Only thing that's been backordered is the Malevolence and nothing was cancelled like some people got! Add in two Revans and two posters and I'm happy!!!

I also ordered a Mandaloria Fighter/Malevolence about 2 minutes in, and later got an out of stock e-mail for the Malevolence.  Based on the past, odds of getting it are probably about 0% :)

If they ship the rest of my order first I can deal with that. If I lose out on Revan because of their site not being able to keep track of stock I will not be happy.

I also ordered a Mandaloria Fighter/Malevolence about 2 minutes in, and later got an out of stock e-mail for the Malevolence. Based on the past, odds of getting it are probably about 0% :)

You know it's $66.49 at TRU right now? Additionally, you can try and use a discount code of $10 off $50, primm posted a picture 10-15 post before this one.
Wow, that's a good price. Thanks for the intel, but I don't mind paying $10 extra to support LEGO directly and NOT support ToysRUs's BS tactics. Plus, that set is the only Star Wars one that currently interests me, and would allow me to get Revan. I hope the rest of you fellas were able to get what you want. I didn't count on the site selling out of things in the wee hours of the morning.

Lego does a lot of things great. Their online shop is not one of them (as past sales experiences have told me.)
I really stopped buying from them once they started using a third party for the online stores, and in turn their B&M stores. I walked into a LEGO store once and they might as well have been closed. There were about 5 sets and some clothing. The manager was all "I'm sorry" and really pissed off that her store looked like that because the company hadn't shipped her out anything in three weeks.

This was years ago but it's the same shit company and they haven't figured it out yet.

bread's done
Back