LEGO Deals 3

Target has the Friends Disney Princess sets on sale and the $30 sets are $22.50.  But better yet you add them to your cart and you get a free polybag set.

TRU ad for next week has the Spider Man glider poly free with any Lego purchase.  Doesn't mention anything about a minumum purchase requirement to get it.  Hopefully buying a poly bag will net you a glider for free.

Hopefully the batwing poly hits by then. Saw the glider poly over the weekend and passed, it's lame and I don't need another Spider-Man minifigure but if it's free I'll pick it up

Few points if you have a Meijer nearby: Simpsons polybags are only $3.00...seems like they are keeping the price the same as the last series there. Ended up getting $16.00 back after returning the ones I bought earlier in the month from Target and Walgreens.

Also Chima polybag 30263 Spider Crawler is available in the checkout lane. First appearance I've heard of in the US. You may also be able to find the Lego Movie polybag with Wyldstyle and the mini Micromanager still as well.

Hopefully the batwing poly hits by then. Saw the glider poly over the weekend and passed, it's lame and I don't need another Spider-Man minifigure but if it's free I'll pick it up
Item # for the batwing is 085163. Warehouses are showing in stock but don't know when they are shipping out.

im pretty pissed off....I received the Coruscant Police Gunship for my birthday, and decided to put it together last night.  When I got to Bag 2 of the build, I found it had been opened and the trooper minifigs had been removed.  I cant believe people would do this, what if a kid had gotten this set.

I checked the package afterwards and see where they had carefully peeled back the seals.  I am going to return to ToysRus and make sure they know whats going on, as chances are they have done this before.   

Everyone make sure to inspect your boxes closely when you buy it from a Retail Store...i have some sets that I have never opened, and wonder if they have had something pilfered from them.   :bomb:   

That happens all the time, more so from places like TRU and Targets and Walmarts in shitty areas.  The kids are the ones stealing them, their parents teach them how to.  It's the one of the benefits of buying 90% of my sets online, that and they are cheaper and easier to get online.

That happens all the time, more so from places like TRU and Targets and Walmarts in shitty areas. The kids are the ones stealing them, their parents teach them how to. It's the one of the benefits of buying 90% of my sets online, that and they are cheaper and easier to get online.
Yeah, from what I hear online its pretty common. I wonder if its more adults trying to get the ebay fees for special figs. I mean they pretty much have to purchase it and then return it to do the deed. I too buy a lot online and know those sets are fine, but damn I cant pass up a good clearance on a cool set. I have been pretty lucky so far, but its probably the one set I never opened that has all its minifigs stolen. :wall:

I'm late to the party on this, but I just saw that the Fairground Mixer is available for VIP members. The pics look cool and I can appreciate the design details (especially how the games/rides can be collapsed and loaded onto the trucks), but the $150 price gave me some sticker shock. I think I'll have to pass this one up.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not a buy return, I have watched parents show their children how to steal.  In the winter they just stick the whole box under their coats.

I was treated like a criminal by TRU once for having a backpack so full I couldn't steal a mini figure if I wanted too.  Yet they don't pay attention to to the trash women who just happen to have two purses, which are just side backpacks.

Yeah, from what I hear online its pretty common. I wonder if its more adults trying to get the ebay fees for special figs. I mean they pretty much have to purchase it and then return it to do the deed. I too buy a lot online and know those sets are fine, but damn I cant pass up a good clearance on a cool set. I have been pretty lucky so far, but its probably the one set I never opened that has all its minifigs stolen. :wall:
Clearance on a fairly new set? At TRU? Around here, that means that an employee has removed the minifigs from the set. It's 50/50 as to weather or not they bother to write that on the clearance sticker.

Clearance on a fairly new set? At TRU? Around here, that means that an employee has removed the minifigs from the set. It's 50/50 as to weather or not they bother to write that on the clearance sticker.
no no, this set wasnt clearanced, purchased at full price....it was a birthday gift. I am just saying that i normally buy clearanced sets almost as much as I buy online, so there is a chance other sets I have may be like this. You wont see this problem with online buying as those come straight from the warehouse, but anything at the stores is up in the air with what you will get. This is the only time its happened to me, but now I worry about any unopened sets I have that might be missing figures too.

It's not a buy return, I have watched parents show their children how to steal. In the winter they just stick the whole box under their coats.

I was treated like a criminal by TRU once for having a backpack so full I couldn't steal a mini figure if I wanted too. Yet they don't pay attention to to the trash women who just happen to have two purses, which are just side backpacks.
I've been told a couple times I'm not allowed to bring a backpack in a store. I try not to be too confrontational but I explain that it's always going to be on my back, making it mighty hard to do thievery stuff. Usually while I'm talking several women with satchel bag purses and shopping bags from other stores walk past me into the store. Profiling mofos.

I don't think this has been brought up yet, but The Lego Movie is available via digital services as of yesterday. Good time to use those VUDU credits you've all been hoarding.

I've been told a couple times I'm not allowed to bring a backpack in a store. I try not to be too confrontational but I explain that it's always going to be on my back, making it mighty hard to do thievery stuff. Usually while I'm talking several women with satchel bag purses and shopping bags from other stores walk past me into the store. Profiling mofos.
They had about 4 of the employees look for me like a manhunt, I heard their walkies. I told the girl that "found" me if they thought I was going to steal than she can stand there and watch me shop because I was never going to give them my bag. If they actually took the time to help costumers and be useful then maybe they would stop the stealing. But the price of everything is 40% higher than anywhere else so they should have no issues with some stealing anyways.

I rarely shopped in there for many many many years because of their bullshit. I'd go in and check for polybags and such but I always have a backpack and figured they don't want my money.

Went to Toys R Us to see if they had the new Movie sets out. I wanted the Construction Mech but they were either sold out or didn't have it yet. Went ahead and grabbed this since they only had 1 left.

For a while I was seeing an epidemic of this in NJ. It was especially common on Star Wars sets. I forget which set it was but at one point I was looking for a particular set and every copy I could find at numerous stores had the minifigs stolen. Now I check the seals on every Lego set I buy but I haven't seen one with tampered seals in a while.

I buy them faster then I build, so I'm dreading the day I go into the closet and pull out an expensive out of print set to build and it's had the figures stolen...

Well, that's a new one.

I bought a Tree House off AWD.  I decided to put it together today.  I opened the box and all the pieces were loose in the box. 

Looking at them, the set had obviously been put together at least once.  Some pieces were dirty.

I counted them and at least 70 were missing. 

Amazon will issue a refund, but won't replace it, even though they have one right now on AWD.  A waste of my time, and now I am going to be double-checking everything that comes through AWD.  This is the second time I've gotten something bogus from them, and this time had the double benefit of being kind of gross.

Even though I don't have the money I bought Creator house 31012 because it's been a long week.  Only $42.87 from AWD, figured ar 39% off I wasn't going to find a better deal.

Well, my son went from one expensive toy (Thomas) to Legos... Guess I'll be spending some time with you guys now to get him a little collection. :) At least I have a Lego store 30 miles away or so.

Well, my son went from one expensive toy (Thomas) to Legos... Guess I'll be spending some time with you guys now to get him a little collection. :) At least I have a Lego store 30 miles away or so.
It's not going to be little and when you say you "got it for you son." Most of the time that means it's going to be for you!

Anyone found the new x-men set at target yet? I've seen it at TRU but I have a gift card to use at target
Yeah I'm in the same boat but with Amazon. The one time Amazon takes forever to get something. Really hoping they get it in stock early next week, as I'd love to have it by the weekend to put together with my son.

I bought the little turtle Friends set for $4 from TRU just to get the free stupid Spiderman poly.  Worked out fine, love the cute little turtle, but boy the Spiderman thing is so ugly even on the bag, I'm not even going to build it.

^^^ Thanks Prim. How about the item numbers for the mech and drop ship?
085262 & 085066

Also, another Lego Movie build event on 6/14. I'll edit with details later.

Customers are encouraged to use their creativity and build their very own mini "Master Builder" inspired by Metalbeard from the Lego Movie. I will try to get a picture of the sign once we get it in.

085262 & 085066

Also, another Lego Movie build event on 6/14. I'll edit with details later.

Customers are encouraged to use their creativity and build their very own mini "Master Builder" inspired by Metalbeard from the Lego Movie. I will try to get a picture of the sign once we get it in.
This at Lego stores or TRU?

Anyone know if I can get the Spiderman poly free when I buy a Simpsons figure at TRU? That would make the markup price a lot more palatable.

Yes you can,anything counts.  Mine was out of Simpsons so I got the friend's animal set for the same price and got the free poly bag.  :)

I'm new to Legos and after building my BttF DeLoran, I'm hooked. It's very peaceful building sets and it allows me to have some quiet time away from everything else and decompress from the stress of the day. I can't wait to get more sets.

That being said, I was able to preorder Benny Spaceship from Amazon (yay!) but it appears they are no longer offering it and the price from other sellers have already jumped $30+ over msrp.

I'm new to Legos and after building my BttF DeLoran, I'm hooked. It's very peaceful building sets and it allows me to have some quiet time away from everything else and decompress from the stress of the day. I can't wait to get more sets.

That being said, I was able to preorder Benny Spaceship from Amazon (yay!) but it appears they are no longer offering it and the price from other sellers have already jumped $30+ over msrp.
If you liked the Delorean then you'll probably love this.

Incidentally, does anyone know when Barnes and Noble gets new sets? Do they usually get them on the "official" release (i.e. June 1st for the Lego Movie sets)? I have some member coupons I'd like to use but don't want them to expire.

If you liked the Delorean then you'll probably love this.

Incidentally, does anyone know when Barnes and Noble gets new sets? Do they usually get them on the "official" release (i.e. June 1st for the Lego Movie sets)? I have some member coupons I'd like to use but don't want them to expire.
The Ecto 1 will be mine :)

bread's done
Back