LEGO Deals 3

The Guardians of the Galaxy sets and the X-Men set will be getting marked up next week.  If you were interested in these sets, I suggest getting them with the TRU B1G1 40% this week.

The Guardians of the Galaxy sets and the X-Men set will be getting marked up next week. If you were interested in these sets, I suggest getting them with the TRU B1G1 40% this week.
Amazon matched this, I picked up the Xmen set and $40 GotG set. No tax for Amazon here so it was even cheaper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Parisian restaurant for 129.85- AWD VG

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00HQIZBE4/ref=sr_1_1_olp?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1405794193&sr=1-1&condition=used

I bought a "Good" one last week for 121.93 and everything was perfect except the box had a huge tear that was taped up.

They now have a LN haunted house for 154.99. 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0095ZMTE6/ref=sr_1_12_olp?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1405803318&sr=1-12&condition=used

They have had a lot of good deals recently. 

Shocked everyone loves that so much. Isn't it going to be $200? For me that is a no way purchase, and I don't love Heath Ledger's Joker so much more than the other Jokers which have already be released that the minifig even seems that great. I like the Batmobile far more than the tumbler anyway.

Shocked everyone loves that so much. Isn't it going to be $200? For me that is a no way purchase, and I don't love Heath Ledger's Joker so much more than the other Jokers which have already be released that the minifig even seems that great. I like the Batmobile far more than the tumbler anyway.
I like it until $120. It looks nice, but 'ehh'. But yes $200. The joker is amazing so I'm glad it got made. I rather have 60s version.

The Tumbler exclusive Joker is a nice figure, but I like these other Jokers more and I don't have to buy a $200 set to get them. $200 isn't a terrible price for the Tumbler, but if I was spending that much on Lego, I would get something else.

76013+Batman+The+Joker+Steam+Roller+009.jpg

Here is a video of the Tumbler

I came in here to post that but I see it's already been posted. Lego regulars here...what should one do to ensure he can get this thing ordered when it comes out? I know Legos are prime scalper material (I missed out on the Simpson house still pissed) so I want to make sure I'm on top of things concerning the Tumbler's release as I do not want to pay a penny more than what it's asking price as it is.

I like it until $120. It looks nice, but 'ehh'. But yes $200. The joker is amazing so I'm glad it got made. I rather have 60s version.
The piece/price ratio seems a bit better than most of the star wars UCS stuff but it suffers from the same problem of being a ton of one color. It would be interesting to build a small model with so many pieces though.

I came in here to post that but I see it's already been posted. Lego regulars here...what should one do to ensure he can get this thing ordered when it comes out? I know Legos are prime scalper material (I missed out on the Simpson house still pissed) so I want to make sure I'm on top of things concerning the Tumbler's release as I do not want to pay a penny more than what it's asking price as it is.
The Simpsons House is still available...in stock on Amazon right now, unless you are saying you wanted it release day? If so, your best bet to get the Tumbler ASAP is to sign up for the VIP membership at the lego shop online (free) and they will probably have an early purchase for it I would imagine.

Huh? Wha? Simpsons house is still restocked regularly at the lego store and still available online at Shop at Home and Amazon. I am sure the Lego store and Shop at Home will keep in stock for the forseeable future since its only five months since original release.

The Tumbler is set for release in September, no exact date has been given but more than likely it will be Sep 1. We will probably get confirmation from Lego once Comic Con is underway. BUt they will probably let VIP members have early access via the physical store and Shop at Home in mid-August. This is only speculation on my part based upon how they usually handle UCS sets and exclusives. UCE sets usually are replenished for a year or two so I am not understanding why you are so freaked out this will sell out. It probably will initially sell out online and in stores but will be restocked. They aren't making one batch and shipment of these and that's it forever. A couple months ago I went to pick up the Ghostbusters set and the day of release the employees told me it was absolutely nuts in the store. I waltzed in the store the next day after they had just gotten another shipment and picked it up with no problem and they are regularly restocked. Same thing with last years Back to the Future set, still restocked to this day. The only time I would worry is when the set isn't selling well (no real way of telling) but hits massive sale like last years UCS B-wing or when its announced that a set will be retiring soon otherwise look for this to last a year or two.

The Simpson house has been on AWD a few times for $160-$180 too.
Yep, think I saw it for around $154 once but I didnt wanna drop the money on it. I would love to have it but theres just too much other stuff I wanna grab before that. Im dreading the prices of what this SDCC Rocket Warbird is gonna cost me on ebay :(.

I always wanted to go to SDCC when I was younger and now that I am older and have the money to go, I've considered going, but not sure what the experience is actually like these days. From what I have heard and read, it's not what it used to be and super crowded. I feel like I could love it or hate it considering the cost, but I imagine people sell exclusive toys like these to fund part of their trip?

The Space Batman is awesome. I still need the Aquaman set.

The Hibbit set is very nice.... Right until the price. We got the fucking castle with twice as many pieces for $130. The dragon isn't worth $40.

Finally a green lantern set, with another new super hero fig and only 19.99...excellent job on that one lego. However, slightly disappointed in the Smaug set. Glad it's actually a new dragon mold and it actually looks like Smaug from the films but not happy with the 129.99 price tag.

Heres a bigger pic (click to enlarge) of the Smaug set, glad it includes the arkenstone and new prints for all the characters...hopefully the SDCC bard print will be in one of the other new sets.

hobbit_lego_h_2014.jpg

The Space Batman is awesome. I still need the Aquaman set.

The Hibbit set is very nice.... Right until the price. We got the fucking castle with twice as many pieces for $130. The dragon isn't worth $40.
I agree with you. The Helm's Deep set actually looked like it was worth that much. This set is all about the dragon.

How much does the LEGO Star Wars Millennium Falcon 7965 sale for on AWD? Has it ever been for sale at AWD?
The cheapest I have ever seen was Christmas time, somewhere like $88-92. Might have been a little lower, but I'd buy it for $75. Currently it's $100-$105.

What I don't get about the special mini figures, I can just order a custom made one for $20-$50 that looks just as nice. Sure it's not "official" but for the price do I give a fuck? :lol:

The cheapest I have ever seen was Christmas time, somewhere like $88-92. Might have been a little lower, but I'd buy it for $75. Currently it's $100-$105.

What I don't get about the special mini figures, I can just order a custom made one for $20-$50 that looks just as nice. Sure it's not "official" but for the price do I give a fuck? :lol:
In as couple of months there will be Chinese knockoffs for $2 a piece maximum, if you buy some set of them all. The quality on these has really improved over the last year or so as well, to the point that I really don't mind adding them to my collection.

In as couple of months there will be Chinese knockoffs for $2 a piece maximum, if you buy some set of them all. The quality on these has really improved over the last year or so as well, to the point that I really don't mind adding them to my collection.
Good to know, I have been tempted to get a couple that I will never actually pay for as far as SDCC prices go...Phoenix for one. I might have to try one of these. They will be used for display only so it could work out. Ill definitely pick up a copy of The Collector and the new Batman when they get around to it :).

That's great to know. Look at the CMS, $4 for Chinese sit anyways from LEGO. :lol:

I really don't draw a moral line regarding knock off's because it's not something I would ever buy every time. For me it's just a personal preference as far as my collection goes. It would bug me having a knock off amongst all my official products, black sheep if you will. However I have been reassessing that lately as the knockoff SDCC Bizarro figure is waaayyyy more affordable than paying $200 plus for an official version and from what I have read about the quality of the knockoffs, they're pretty comparable to the official releases. Of course there is hope that Lego is finally listening to collectors in regards to exclusives. The last two Hobbit exclusives were basically preview figures and now we are getting a Green Lantern who's print is slightly different than the old exclusive. Same thing happened years ago with Transformers. Major characters, seekers, were only Botcon exclusives and Hasbro said that was the only way we'd ever see those characters. Years later, after fan outcry Hasbro listened and released seekers that were slightly retooled from the Botcon exclusives. So I think there may be some hope

When we are talking a difference of $10s or even $100s of dollars between having an official version or a very good facsimile of these figures, I choose the knockoff every time. I recently picked up the Fantastic 4 set and the Captain Americas set and the quality is so much better than these used to be. Joints are tight, pieces fit well together, and the paint quality has really improved. Throw in the fact that I paid $5 total for those 12 figures and LEGO hasn't even made those yet, and yeah, I will purchase those for display purposes, and give the ones I am less interested in to my kids.

Yeah some crazy LEGO fans (Eurobricks) seem to frown at using other companies' pieces yet will buy specialized weapons and hair and such without an issue.

If MEGABLOKS were decent I'd buy them instead.  I don't have brand loyalty, I just want something decent.

Are you buying these mini figures on eBay or is their a store?

And AWD added a few sets.  They have a Pet Shop for $120ish and a Town Hall for $161.

Yeah I think they've already said he is a preview figure, not going to be exclusive. Ebay prices on him have started to go under $200 already and its just the second day. I think I am going to pass on him and wait for the set that he is in, now The Collector and Batman on the other hand, theyll probably be worth quite a bit.
Still, it has the special SDCC packaging this way, so people will want it for whatever reason.

I really don't draw a moral line regarding knock off's because it's not something I would ever buy every time. For me it's just a personal preference as far as my collection goes. It would bug me having a knock off amongst all my official products, black sheep if you will. However I have been reassessing that lately as the knockoff SDCC Bizarro figure is waaayyyy more affordable than paying $200 plus for an official version and from what I have read about the quality of the knockoffs, they're pretty comparable to the official releases. Of course there is hope that Lego is finally listening to collectors in regards to exclusives. The last two Hobbit exclusives were basically preview figures and now we are getting a Green Lantern who's print is slightly different than the old exclusive. Same thing happened years ago with Transformers. Major characters, seekers, were only Botcon exclusives and Hasbro said that was the only way we'd ever see those characters. Years later, after fan outcry Hasbro listened and released seekers that were slightly retooled from the Botcon exclusives. So I think there may be some hope
Yeah exactly...$200+ for Jean Grey/Phoenix, some are nearly $500-600...of the new ones, The Collector today is going from $250-500. I think Ill live with 2-3 knock offs for $5 vs $200-500 which means I will never get them b/c I just dont care that much. If they are ever released in a set like they should be, the knock off will definitely be gone even if they are different prints. I'm definitely gonna look into some of these.

Yeah some crazy LEGO fans (Eurobricks) seem to frown at using other companies' pieces yet will buy specialized weapons and hair and such without an issue.

If MEGABLOKS were decent I'd buy them instead. I don't have brand loyalty, I just want something decent.

Are you buying these mini figures on eBay or is their a store?

And AWD added a few sets. They have a Pet Shop for $120ish and a Town Hall for $161.
EBay. The final auction prices very pretty wildly, but if you are alright at sniping the auctions most of those figure sets can be had for less than $5.

bread's done
Back