LEGO Deals 3

Mine had those Halo sets for really cheap but I'm not a Halo fan.

I got laser pegs for $6 about 67% off. I also got some Star Wars 3D puzzles for $1.18 normally $4.

They also had flux family for $3. Awesome fun crazy card game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think part of it is me....$100 on toys is tough...haha.
What's a video game? :p

And just remember these exclusive sets will cost more than your divorce will when they are retired. ;)

I spent like $75 on LEGOs this week, mainly because I started dating again and if I kept drinking to try to forget how bad dating is I'd die. :lol:

The mech and science lab Cussoo sets are available right now.

Oh my bad the mech is already sold out. (Joking at how stupid Cuusoo is aka Mars Rover mess)

The mech and science lab Cussoo sets are available right now.

Oh my bad the mech is already sold out. (Joking at how stupid Cuusoo is aka Mars Rover mess)
Were the mech and Mars Rover ever available? Mech is already OOS until 8/15 and I've never seen the Mars Rover in stock.

Nope. If it's not based on an 80s movie then it only stays in LEGO stores and might sell out in a day.
Perhaps they should rebrand it as Weird Science Lab

weird-science-01-300x168.jpg

You can use the $10 off $40 for the Exo Suit at Target's website!  Add any item or lego set $5.02 or above that is available for in store pickup and select a store.  You'll see the discount appear in the cart!  Limit of four orders with the discount.  Free shipping for the Exo Suit is contingent on having a Red card.  If you don't, you might want to order two Exo Suits or add items to get your order over $50.

I've also posted this at FBTB.  Please don't post this to slickdeals or it will sellout in minutes.

Lots of Halo and Call of Duty Mega Bloks sets on 70% clearance at Target today!

COD: helicopter and zombie tranzit farm
Halo: lots of small sets and the small ones that join together to make a bigger item.

You can use the $10 off $40 for the Exo Suit at Target's website! Add any item or lego set $5.02 or above that is available for in store pickup and select a store. You'll see the discount appear in the cart! Limit of four orders with the discount. Free shipping for the Exo Suit is contingent on having a Red card. If you don't, you might want to order two Exo Suits or add items to get your order over $50.

I've also posted this at FBTB. Please don't post this to slickdeals or it will sellout in minutes.
Already gone, from what I can see.

I saw the COD: Zombie at Target also....not sure I wanted to get that for my 4 year old ;)  haha 

Pretty much picked over.  Stopped at another Target today, no luck.  2 Lego Items, one was only 30% off, other was 50% I think.  Some Chima thing.

The Exo Suit is on a 30 day backorder. The set was $35 on Target.com this morning but corporate must have realized they could get more money out of people. One Lego store I x alled said they're really low on this and the Research Institute and was told by "higher up" that they couldn't hold it. Called another store and they put one of each on hold for me til the end of the day. Stuck at work otherwise I'd go now. I don't think Lego was joking about the limited run. I made an order on S@H around 9am est which is backordered but I'd rather get it now just in case Lego comes back later saying "Oops, we messed up. Sorry."

Which is why Cussoo is a fucking useless waste of time and space and a joke. Takes fucking years to get a set approved and it's available for 5 minutes. It's a toy, make fucking more.

fuck LEGO for limiting the Research Institute to 1 per order.  It's a generic LEGO set for crying out loud.  I can understand limiting Ecto-1 or Minecraft due to demand, but limiting these is just silly.  I have two girls who would each love one.  I'm not down with paying shipping twice.

I called my local store and did an email chat about the exo suit at toys r us. The guy at the store said no stores are showing stock in south Florida and the chat guy said their main warehouse and stores are both not showing stock but you can sign up to be notified when it becomes available. Unfortunately they will probably fix the pricing error before any of us get a chance to buy it. The lady at target also said nobody has it and she even said it was discontinued. I hope amazon gets this one.

I passed on the Exosuit this morning. Didn't really intrest me too much while I was looking at it.  Picked up the Trevi Fountain to complete my architecture series along with the cinema.  They wouldn't budge with doing two mini cooper polys in multiple purchases so just made the one purchase and left.

About the shortage of the Exo-suit...just be patient and wait for more. Remember when the Minecraft sets came out and they were selling for crazy on eBay? Well later they got really easy to find and at discount sometimes. Lego always makes more, but initially, it's always going to sell out.

About the shortage of the Exo-suit...just be patient and wait for more. Remember when the Minecraft sets came out and they were selling for crazy on eBay? Well later they got really easy to find and at discount sometimes. Lego always makes more, but initially, it's always going to sell out.
No LEGO doesn't. That's the problem. LEGO already admitted to one run and that's it. Mine craft is huge, exp Suit will probably be the same as Mars Rocer 10 days and gone.

Guess I should be happy that I'm not interested in that exo suit. If I see the research institute in store I might pick it up though

My Target is clearly getting scoped out as the Chima stuff seems to disappear as soon as it hits 50%. May see if there's anything at a couple on my commute home. Would love to find the castle but doubt they are any left at this point.

Mentioned it earlier, but Meijer kept the $3 price for the Simpson's series.  I'm hopeful they keep it if LEGO decides to stick with $4.  

Not sure if that helps anyone round these parts, but there you go.

Guess I should be happy that I'm not interested in that exo suit. If I see the research institute in store I might pick it up though
I might make a trek out to the LEGO store to find it. Daughter really wants it. Wish LEGO.com had free shipping.

I also can confirm Meijer has $3 Simpsons figures....my kids have zero interest though.

I might make a trek out to the LEGO store to find it. Daughter really wants it. Wish LEGO.com had free shipping.

I also can confirm Meijer has $3 Simpsons figures....my kids have zero interest though.
I have a feeling that LEGO used Simpsons mini figures as a test to see if they want to make sets. I feel thats where the rumored set list came from. However they probably won't now because they really aren't selling. Maybe LEGO should rethink the price point too.

Any info you have about the Simpsons minifigs not selling is purely anecdotal, just as me stating that the minifigs have been sold out everywhere in my area (which they have) for a while now, is as well. Across the numerous boards and sites I go to the news varies from region to region, some places have them, others are sold out. Lego never releases numbers, they may say something along the lines that something sold well or didn't perform as expected, that's probably as specific as we will get. Unless of course new sets or minifigs are announced but even with the last set of minifigs and the house, there was a lot of speculation and rumors for months and Lego didn't make an official announcement until about a month ahead of release, at least in the case of the house. Until they give a definitive "No", I think theres at least a little hope for future sets and minifigs.

I know it's anecdotal, but my Lego store actually has the Simpsons minifigures in stock. I've never seen any other series in stores in blind-bag form, and I've been buying them since around series 5. I skipped the Simpsons set though.

I haven't heard anyone say anything about Simpsons selling out and my TRU has gotten very few boxes. LEGO never will give sale numbers so all we have is guessing but the Movie ones sold out as soon as the movie came out.

I still don't see us getting anymore sets. I wish they used normal heads like The Simpsons did in their LEGO episode.

Again, all Simpsons evidence is going to be anecdotal at this point. But in my area every Target, Kmart, Walmart, TRU, Lego store, etc. have been dry for months. Some area TRU's were keeping the minifigures at the service desk so people weren't feeling up the bags and even those stores were selling out. I realize its not the case everywhere but I don't think a line can be declared dead or alive based upon what we see in our specific areas.

Found a Architecture Burj Khalifa tower at Target for $7.48. Don't collect the Architecture line but couldn't pass it up, will either use it for parts or sell/trade it online. Also found a Nano Blocks fiddler crab for $3.88. Never bought Nano Blocks before but figures I could give them a shot at clearance price.

Speaking of Simpsons, I have a sealed flashback Shredder from last month if anyone wants to swap for a Mr Burns.
I haven't felt up this series but I can go this week and see what they have and trade with you. I like TMNT a lot more than The Simpsons.

Again, all Simpsons evidence is going to be anecdotal at this point. But in my area every Target, Kmart, Walmart, TRU, Lego store, etc. have been dry for months. Some area TRU's were keeping the minifigures at the service desk so people weren't feeling up the bags and even those stores were selling out. I realize its not the case everywhere but I don't think a line can be declared dead or alive based upon what we see in our specific areas.
This may still be anecdotal, but there is a big difference between the previous two series and the Simpsons series. Both Lego Movie and Series 11 were constantly selling out, with Series 11 only slowing right near the end. I cannot count the times I saw empty endcap displays for both. I see the Simpsons figures more often than not. I see them consistently more than I saw Movie figures or Series 11.

I cover a pretty wide area and a lot of stores. It's still anecdotal. But I do see a difference for the stores within the areas I frequent.

I can't assume that the Simpsons received the same amount of shipments as Lego Movie. (I would think less, given how popular the Lego Movie turned out to be). I also can't prove that the 3.99 price has caused slower/fewer sales. But I do think that.

I hope Lego reconsiders this price point for minifigures, because I only bought the Simpsons figures at that price point because they were Simpsons figures. I won't be buying a full set of the next series.

I can only speak for my old store.  Before I left, we were getting between 2 and 4 boxes of Simpsons figures on every truck since release.  We got 2 trucks a week on Tue/Wed & Fridays.  Every Monday when I would come in, the sidecap display would be empty. Every single week.  We always check inventory levels on Mondays and the discrepancy was always less than 10.  Even at higher price, people were buying these figures like crazy.

This may still be anecdotal, but there is a big difference between the previous two series and the Simpsons series. Both Lego Movie and Series 11 were constantly selling out, with Series 11 only slowing right near the end. I cannot count the times I saw empty endcap displays for both. I see the Simpsons figures more often than not. I see them consistently more than I saw Movie figures or Series 11.

I cover a pretty wide area and a lot of stores. It's still anecdotal. But I do see a difference for the stores within the areas I frequent.

I can't assume that the Simpsons received the same amount of shipments as Lego Movie. (I would think less, given how popular the Lego Movie turned out to be). I also can't prove that the 3.99 price has caused slower/fewer sales. But I do think that.

All any of us can point to is what we see but even when pointing to past series I can tell you that in my area, which I also cover a lot of stores depending on what I am looking for and collecting at the time, but ALL lego minifigures, no matter what the series, sell well no matter what store I check in my area. Sure some may sit a little longer than others but generally speaking they all sell pretty fast here. Which can mean a few things - minifigs are really popular in my area, minifigs aren't as popular in your area (wherever they're not selling 'well'), distribution varies in different areas, all of the above.
Also, prims post echoes what I have heard from target and lego store employees both in my area and on other boards.

Hey guys, saw these custom mech designs on Kotaku. Any idea what the curved piece is that was used to make the domed 'face' part of these?

lq0hnqowbfebh4y00hbg.png

My Target is clearly getting scoped out as the Chima stuff seems to disappear as soon as it hits 50%. May see if there's anything at a couple on my commute home. Would love to find the castle but doubt they are any left at this point.
I'm certain that was me if it was Edgewood. Walked in on Friday and found a bunch of sets 70% off including a republic gunship and Cragger's command ship. The midtown store had a bunch of sets at 50% off including the battle of smallville. I'd love a deal on that castle too!

I'm certain that was me if it was Edgewood. Walked in on Friday and found a bunch of sets 70% off including a republic gunship and Cragger's command ship. The midtown store had a bunch of sets at 50% off including the battle of smallville. I'd love a deal on that castle too!
Booooo! There were two or three Craggers, did you buy all of them? I'm willing to buy one off of you if so. Didn't really want the gunship as I have enough problems tracking the sets I'm currently trying to collect.

Booooo! There were two or three Craggers, did you buy all of them? I'm willing to buy one off of you if so. Didn't really want the gunship as I have enough problems tracking the sets I'm currently trying to collect.
Four actually. I did buy them all. The last time I was in the store checking the price of the gunship the girl in electronics asked if I'd been the one calling. I wasn't and asked her about it. She said a guy was calling every morning checking the price on it. I figured I'd deprive him of anything that hit 70%.

I'll absolutely hook you up. I think they were $26.98 plus tax so an even $30. Hit me up on PM.

Four actually. I did buy them all. The last time I was in the store checking the price of the gunship the girl in electronics asked if I'd been the one calling. I wasn't and asked her about it. She said a guy was calling every morning checking the price on it. I figured I'd deprive him of anything that hit 70%.

I'll absolutely hook you up. I think they were $26.98 plus tax so an even $30. Hit me up on PM.
Awesome! Thanks. I'll try to repay the favor as I scout around for any of the remaining items (e.g. Lion Chi Temple).

Saw the new AT-AT, Snowspeeder, and Star Destroyer sets out at Toys-R-Us last night. They were actually selling them at MSRP. Is this a new trend? TRU selling new sets at regular retail price?

bread's done
Back