LEGO Deals 3

TRU usually gets new Lego sets before other retailers (Target, Walmart) and when they first have them they sell them at retail. Its usually around the time that other retailers get the new sets, or about a month after they initially get them, that TRU gives them the ol' TRU markup. Makes absolutely no sense but that's what they have been doing for the pas couple years. Perhaps prim can shed a little light on why they do this?

Saw the new AT-AT, Snowspeeder, and Star Destroyer sets out at Toys-R-Us last night. They were actually selling them at MSRP. Is this a new trend? TRU selling new sets at regular retail price?
Then after like a month they increase the price. Been about a year now like this I think. Very weird.

Thanks whoever it was that first mentioned those Chinese knockoff Fantastic Four figures. They were so cheap I grabbed a set and the bigger Thing as well.  He hasn't showed up yet but the normal size set is of surprisingly good quality.  They all look slightly...evil in their facial expressions and the accessories don't help there.  Sue shoots lightning?  No thanks, Reed.  I do not need you to cut my skull open with a bonesaw.  And what are you planning to do with that hammer, Thing?   Jokes aside, I had planned to stick them on my desk at work away from regular Lego.  Now I am fairly particular about what I mix with regular Lego (I limit myself to accessories and baseplates generally) but these guys fit right in and I have no problem with them sitting next to the other Marvel Heroes stuff.  

Stopped at Target today and they were putting out new toys.  All the new Star Wars LEGOS were out, new display too with AT-AT and Snow Speeder.

Also, found some clearance Gems that magically re-appearded.  Not really a big LEGO collector, but I have kids, they will like eventually, or trade them for something they like

Sets were:

LEGO Superheroes 76003 Superman Battle of Smallville - $14.98 (http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Superheroes-Superman-Battle-Smallville/dp/B00C8526RU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407342579&sr=8-1&keywords=lego+smallville)

LEGO Hero Factory Jet Rocka - $10.98 (this thing: http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Hero-Factory-Jet-Rocka/dp/B00CNBJKNM/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&qid=1407342509&sr=8-21&keywords=lego+hero+factory)

LEGO Star Wars Mandalorian Speeder - $7.98 (http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Star-Wars-Mandalorian-Speeder/dp/B00CNBS5XI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1407342544&sr=8-2&keywords=lego+star+wars+darth+maul)

That was it for LEGOS left at this one.  Found it odd they showed up....maybe they were hidden in the store as I was there last Thursday.  Went on a whim since my bank is right next to that Target.

I really should wash my old Legos. I had a bunch of 80s spacemen.
These were washed, but are still filthy and in a few inches of water. I found 2-3 red helmets, one yellow and two complete Benny's! I just need to find his arm (which I just had) and some hands.

I just got back from my lunch break at Target and I had been there a couple times already this week (to kill time). Today I found three cargo trucks and one Geonosis duel (also nano blocks dragonfly) all for 70% off (plus additional 5% off through RedCard). These items weren't there the last couple days and they just finished the department reset so I think someones stash was found.

Went to the lego store and picked up the research institute set. Also got the 6864 Batmobile from bricklink for a steal of a price

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a complete, comprehensive list of the sets that have been on clearance this cycle at Target (particularly any superheroes/SW sets)?  I believe Jabba's Sail Barge has been mentioned as found on clearance but it's not on clearance at any LA/SoCal store that I know of.  

Here are the Target clearance Lego sets I picked up this round (70% off plus a 10% movers discount plus 5% redcard discount):

SW:

Millennium Falcon

Republic Gunship

Geonosian Duel

Homing/Spider Droid battle

A Wing Fighter

Mandalorian Speeder

City:

Cargo Heliplane

Crackhouse Fire Emergency

Castle:

Dragon / Wizard Fortress

Passed on the following sets, but thinking about getting them at 70% off plus a movers coupon 10%...not sure though:

Chima:

Gorilla Mech

Wolf Big Vehicle

Lion Base

Stopped at a LEGO store today as I promised the kids we would go.  No Research Institute though :(  Sold out online now too.  

I was tempted to get the MINI Cooper for myself, but the $100 was a bit much for me.  Does LEGO store ever have coupons?  

I might just buy it if they get the Research set back in stock.  

I did check another Target today..nothing.  To the person above who got all that 70% off...bravo.  I thought my handful of sets were good.

You can add to the list:

76016 SH Spider Helicopter Rescue

60004 City Fire Station

I would get the Gorilla at 70% off.  Heck, I would have gotten it at 50%, but I only ever saw it at 70%.

Got my Research Institute in the mail today!

You can add to the list:

76016 SH Spider Helicopter Rescue

60004 City Fire Station

I would get the Gorilla at 70% off. Heck, I would have gotten it at 50%, but I only ever saw it at 70%.

Got my Research Institute in the mail today!
WOOT congrats. Damn, I missed both of those. I will have to do some 'research' to see which stores, if any, have those on clearance. Spidey, Luke Cage, plus giganto 'ultimate' Goblin would be nice to have.

60022 cargo terminal was also on clearance
Damn it!!! I forgot about this one. Will have to see if I can still get this as it would be great with all late 80s/early 90s airport sets.

Been going through the pile my neighbors gave me. About 50 town and castle ones 85-95. Plus two Benny's a yellow classic Space guy. Ten torsos and five feet plus some interesting old print pieces including a LEGO flag.

Been going through the pile my neighbors gave me. About 50 town and castle ones 85-95. Plus two Benny's a yellow classic Space guy. Ten torsos and five feet plus some interesting old print pieces including a LEGO flag.
I actually just got my old Legos from my moms house yesterday, I gave them to my daughter. I know I have a few Space Guys in there... somewhere.... I think

I have a pencil box full of space guys (maybe a 100 or so) if someone really needs a color or helmet or something let me know. All early-late eighties stuff from the good old days.

Are the old space guys that rare/in demand?  I kept all mine.  Probably have a dozen to dozen & a half or more in every color but green (don't recall ever seeing a green on until the new Exo suit).

Are the old space guys that rare/in demand? I kept all mine. Probably have a dozen to dozen & a half or more in every color but green (don't recall ever seeing a green on until the new Exo suit).
Green is new to the Exo Suit.

I don't think they are all that rare, but I didn't have any so I'm very happy I have a few and some extra red helmets.

Soooo I was able to order the Exo Suit from Toys R Us' mobile site on my phone - but they bumped the price up to 39.99. Does anybody have a screen shot of when it was 24.99? 

I tried accessing the mobile site from my computer, but it said out of stock. Worth trying on your phone. I got a confirmation email and everything. $49 gets you free shipping.

Soooo I was able to order the Exo Suit from Toys R Us' mobile site on my phone - but they bumped the price up to 39.99. Does anybody have a screen shot of when it was 24.99?

I tried accessing the mobile site from my computer, but it said out of stock. Worth trying on your phone. I got a confirmation email and everything. $49 gets you free shipping.
No luck on my phone....says out of stock. Same for Research Institute and Mini Cooper.

Hopefully LEGO.com gets the Research Institute back....if not, there will be an uproar from the women on how they have discriminated against by only producing a handful of these sets ;)

I have a pencil box full of space guys (maybe a 100 or so) if someone really needs a color or helmet or something let me know. All early-late eighties stuff from the good old days.
._.

I don't have any of my legos from when I was a kid anymore :/ Family either gave them all to my nephew or put them in a garage sale. *is not pleased*

No luck with the Spider-Man chopper set at any Target near me, all still full price. 50-70% would have been really nice. New pics of the hobbit sets have been leaked, kinda lackluster.

Heres a video with the pics, prices on one site I saw were listed at 14.99, 29.99, 59.99 for US currency.

http://youtu.be/Lg_H53vaHmo

I was able to get the Friends Dolphin Cruiser on AWD for $26.  Not bad....daughter will be so happy for her Bday.  Hopefully the box is not too banged up....she won't care in the end though.

I was able to get the Friends Dolphin Cruiser on AWD for $26. Not bad....daughter will be so happy for her Bday. Hopefully the box is not too banged up....she won't care in the end though.
I hate you. That's one of the sat sets I want from this year and the cheapest I have seen was $38-$42,

How does Walmart's clearance work? I see them mark a lot of sets down to 20-25% but then they just leave them there and the sets just sit on the shelves for weeks. Do they ever do further markdowns?

I wanted collectors or batman the most :/ Glad I won something I guess, but yea. Not a LOTR fan. At all. Neither is the wife. He's just going to rot on a shelf here collecting dust.

Rumored LEGO DC Super Heroes 2015 Sets

Gorilla Grodd Goes Bananas (76026)
Black Manta Deep Sea Strike (76027)
Darkseid Invasion (76028)

Saw a forum poster on Eurobricks, who had correct, inside info on Marvel 2013 releases, said that there will be Ant-man and Hulkbuster figures as well (no details on sets) but they will be about the size of Groot, as far as height, and that a Stark minifigure will be able to fit inside the Hulkbuster.
I was browsing ebay for KO minifigs and saw that there is already a Ledger Joker figure up. The ones I saw weren't exact clones of Ledger (no make up smudge face, was all white) but otherwise they looked good. So either these KO manufacturers work quick or they have an insider at the actual Lego manufacturing facilities.

Man, I'm getting an itch for a big purchase.  The Haunted House and R2-D2 are next on my want list since they'll probably be retired soon(HH is on backorder at lego.com right now, MIA at Amazon, TRU & Target.com), however the Sea Cow is calling my name.  It just looks like it would be a damn fun build.  $250 is just damn expensive.  

Vote for the Haunted House. Bought and built one for Halloween last year and loved it. Great set for piling on your other monster-type figures too.

I hate you. That's one of the sat sets I want from this year and the cheapest I have seen was $38-$42,
Sorry.....daughter has been getting into it lately. She will enjoy it....haha

I rarely see GREAT deals in AWD, it's hit or miss....but I've hit on a few things in the past (not LEGO related).

Now, if only the MINI COOPER would show up in AWD for less than $100

Man, I'm getting an itch for a big purchase. The Haunted House and R2-D2 are next on my want list since they'll probably be retired soon(HH is on backorder at lego.com right now, MIA at Amazon, TRU & Target.com), however the Sea Cow is calling my name. It just looks like it would be a damn fun build. $250 is just damn expensive.
I have both the Sea Cow and Haunted House. The Haunted House is a doll house (albeit a great one) so if you have kids who want to play with it it's by far a more playable set. The Sea Cow is the best build I own from that perspective. It has a ridiculous amount of unique pieces and has multiple sub builds (guns, cabin room, masts, etc.) that are fun parts on their own.

I bought the haunted house at a flea market for a 100 but only bought the Sea Cow as a scratch and dent at the lego store. Scratch and dent at $250 gives you a 1000 points on top of your regular points, effectively giving you a 50 dollar gift certificate (only good at lego stores and lego.com) so if you consider that a discount that may may the sea cow seem less expensive if you don't mind a little box damage.

Wow, the Exo-Suit WAS available on ToysRUs.com briefly.  I went to tell you about it....gone now.  Priced $40 anyways.  Not sure I wanted it....seems a bit complex for my kids.

Vote for the Haunted House. Bought and built one for Halloween last year and loved it. Great set for piling on your other monster-type figures too.

I have both the Sea Cow and Haunted House. The Haunted House is a doll house (albeit a great one) so if you have kids who want to play with it it's by far a more playable set. The Sea Cow is the best build I own from that perspective. It has a ridiculous amount of unique pieces and has multiple sub builds (guns, cabin room, masts, etc.) that are fun parts on their own.

I bought the haunted house at a flea market for a 100 but only bought the Sea Cow as a scratch and dent at the lego store. Scratch and dent at $250 gives you a 1000 points on top of your regular points, effectively giving you a 50 dollar gift certificate (only good at lego stores and lego.com) so if you consider that a discount that may may the sea cow seem less expensive if you don't mind a little box damage.
Thanks for the feedback. Since every retailer is showing the Haunted House as OOS, I may be too late.

Via trade I got Nova, Dr. Doom and a series 1 super wrestler. Only eight more series 1 figures and I'm all caught up on cmf's!

Edit - this morning wife and kids gave me Creator bike shop & cafe for my birthday

Thanks for the feedback. Since every retailer is showing the Haunted House as OOS, I may be too late.
It's still shipping from Lego.Com but this may be the tail end of it. I'd get it while it's still available. It won many of set of the year awards from the Lego Blogs and I see it's value skyrocketing over the years like the modulars do.

It's still shipping from Lego.Com but this may be the tail end of it. I'd get it while it's still available. It won many of set of the year awards from the Lego Blogs and I see it's value skyrocketing over the years like the modulars do.
Just a couple weeks ago it was below MSRP on AWD, like $155 I think, maybe cheaper. It's now $216.

AWD is based on whatever the current retail price is on Amazon, right?  So as soon as Amazon doesn't have it in stock and 3rd party sellers go nuts, the AWD price skyrockets. 

I've heard that TRU was clearancing them out too (which is weird because they haven't done that for the rest of the line).

AWD is based on whatever the current retail price is on Amazon, right? So as soon as Amazon doesn't have it in stock and 3rd party sellers go nuts, the AWD price skyrockets.

I've heard that TRU was clearancing them out too (which is weird because they haven't done that for the rest of the line).
You are correct, although some are random it seems. Like the Dolphin Cruiser was super cheap. Although, yes, it is based on the MSRP from what I saw.

I sw LEGO.com had Jabba Palace for 50% off, but all sold out. Booo.

bread's done
Back