LEGO Deals 3

Thanks, so if I want that MINI COOPER, I should just buy it now. I see the Delorean set cheap on Amazon, but the MINI runs the risk of selling out, correct? I'm not a LEGO aficionado.
The Mini Cooper will be around for awhile, if you want a mini mini cooper one has been / will be released very soon. I'd wait for triple points and some free holiday sets.

The Mini Cooper will be around for awhile, if you want a mini mini cooper one has been / will be released very soon. I'd wait for triple points and some free holiday sets.
Thanks, I ordered the Mini Cooper...oh well. What happens if I return the set, do I need to return the FREE set also? Looks like they have a 90 day return policy. Wife was probably going to keep for xmas anyways ;)

Thanks, I ordered the Mini Cooper...oh well. What happens if I return the set, do I need to return the FREE set also? Looks like they have a 90 day return policy. Wife was probably going to keep for xmas anyways ;)
That's a good question. I don't know. Someone else would need to answer that.

New Mixels are hitting stores early.  I saw a single one from each of the 3 new ones at Target.  They were on a new Mixel hanging display (like the Friends animal bags) instead of in a box like the first two series.  I didn't grab them since I figured I'd just order the whole set off lego.com but they're not there yet.  :(

New Mixels are hitting stores early. I saw a single one from each of the 3 new ones at Target. They were on a new Mixel hanging display (like the Friends animal bags) instead of in a box like the first two series. I didn't grab them since I figured I'd just order the whole set off lego.com but they're not there yet. :(
Mixers official release is September 1st so they should be added soon.

And the new mini figures should come out soon but I haven't seen or heard anything about their release.

Rumored LEGO DC Super Heroes 2015 Sets

Gorilla Grodd Goes Bananas (76026)
Black Manta Deep Sea Strike (76027)
Darkseid Invasion (76028)

Saw a forum poster on Eurobricks, who had correct, inside info on Marvel 2013 releases, said that there will be Ant-man and Hulkbuster figures as well (no details on sets) but they will be about the size of Groot, as far as height, and that a Stark minifigure will be able to fit inside the Hulkbuster.
I was browsing ebay for KO minifigs and saw that there is already a Ledger Joker figure up. The ones I saw weren't exact clones of Ledger (no make up smudge face, was all white) but otherwise they looked good. So either these KO manufacturers work quick or they have an insider at the actual Lego manufacturing facilities.
Black Manta Deep Sea Strike sounds fun. I hope Cheetah appears in one of the 2015 sets.

So I saw the Artic 2-pack is for sale at the lego store.  It is awesome to me for some reason.  I would like to get it for my lady.  If anybody has a lego store near them, can you get it and trade me.  I have a lego hobbit bilbo sealed, and a lego movie spanish emmit sealed.  Help this guy out

So I saw the Artic 2-pack is for sale at the lego store. It is awesome to me for some reason. I would like to get it for my lady. If anybody has a lego store near them, can you get it and trade me. I have a lego hobbit bilbo sealed, and a lego movie spanish emmit sealed. Help this guy out
You talking about the thing with the tent? That's $15. A tent isn't a $10 piece to me, but it is very neat.

I know, at 15 thats why I am trying to trade something I already have for it.  I am very surprised that we are into the artic stuff so much.  I think they could take that bear, and the tents, which I saw is being used in friends as well, and make it into a camping adventure set.  A nice camp out 3 in 1 set would be great.

Lego.com kinda has a double promo going on for this week.  Spend $50 and get a free Chima set.  Spend $99 and get the MINI Mini Cooper.  Bought some Mindstorms stuff and got both promos to apply. 

Anyone know the answer? I plan on keeping the MINI COOPER, but if a better deals comes about, I may return and rebuy. Not trying to screw LEGO, but curious if you are required to return free item or do they prorate it possibly?

Bah if Haunted House is about to go away I guess I'm going to have to be getting that. Always been on my list but never got around to it. Was really looking forward to doing the double promo freebies with the Tumbler.  

BTW is anyone else having troubles with the Lego Shop site? All I can get is redirect loop error.

Also to answer the question about returning items and keeping promos, yes they will let you do it (personal experience) as long as you don't try to do so repeatedly. I called and talked to Lego customer service and asked permission before I went to the store. They looked at my order history and saw I had never done so before and told me they only really worry about people who do it all the time to get the free promos and sell them later, etc. Said they were making a note on the order that I called and asked to do so and they said yes. Had no problems in store. 

Yeah LEGO is nice.  It's like if a set has a broken or missing piece they give you a new one no questions asked.  In my case they gave me 64 from a missing bag.  But if you do it for only mini figure parts they will be watching you.

The LEGO store was really nice....contacted via e-mail (my local store even) and held that Science Lab set for my daughter.  awesome Customer Service, so I'm not trying to screw them on returning.  My kids are starting to get into it more (8 soon and 4).  I basically build the 4 years old stuff....so I like them again too...haha. 

Sucks though, the collector aspect comes into it.  I have like 10 sets in my basement hidden from the kids for gifts and what not.  Stuff I picked up on sales/deals via Target or Amazon usually.  I went down the other day and was like, I have a Star Wars Hoth set...wow!  Totally forgot about it. 

AWD also has the LEGO Movie Mech thing.  Reviews seem mixed for young kids though.

What are people's opinions on the SMALL Architecture sets?  My daughter seems to like them.  Are they really small?  Easy enough for an 8 year old?

Side note - Anyone use KRE-O?  My son wants that USS Missouri Battleship set.  Cheapish on AWD

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone!

I am fairly new to the Lego World as my interests have solely been Transformers. After getting into the Kre-O line I have found that there are a lot of Vehicle-based sets in the Lego line(specifically in the Creator series) that I am interested in trying to get.

I keep seeing people here say that got sets off of "AWD". I did search about a dozen pages back in this thread and did a google search but can't figure out what that is. Also is there another method for finding Lego sets cheap other than ebay, lego site, flea markets, and bricklink?

Sucks though, the collector aspect comes into it. I have like 10 sets in my basement hidden from the kids for gifts and what not. Stuff I picked up on sales/deals via Target or Amazon usually. I went down the other day and was like, I have a Star Wars Hoth set...wow! Totally forgot about it.
My son was digging around a closet and found a Benny's Spaceship that was his XMAS. Need to find a better hiding place.

Anyway, are there any labor day sales with lego in the states? I don't remember anything historically but hoped I might be wrong.

My son was digging around a closet and found a Benny's Spaceship that was his XMAS. Need to find a better hiding place.

Anyway, are there any labor day sales with lego in the states? I don't remember anything historically but hoped I might be wrong.
My parents hide it in their massively long closet, it's not big, just long, and I think that's why we never found them, they are behind the clothing and crap.

Sucks though, the collector aspect comes into it. I have like 10 sets in my basement hidden from the kids for gifts and what not. Stuff I picked up on sales/deals via Target or Amazon usually. I went down the other day and was like, I have a Star Wars Hoth set...wow! Totally forgot about it.
I have a couple dozen sets in my basement for when the kids get older (they're currently 2 and 5). However, at the rate that some of these things inflate once retired, I may sell a few on eBay to buy even more Legos.

I have a couple dozen sets in my basement for when the kids get older (they're currently 2 and 5). However, at the rate that some of these things inflate once retired, I may sell a few on eBay to buy even more Legos.
Haha....agreed. Although, I don't think I have too many RARE ones yet.

I think I have the LEGO City Mine (Got for like $30) and some Star Wars....just really getting into it. Picked up a few recently at Target. Although, anything that gets clearanced never really seems to be RARE or sought after. I only started recently....picking up random sets here and there. My kids are in to Star Wars, so I have a few of those....but we opened most already. No "BIG" sets though. Just Star Wars Hoth set (I think the one with TaunTaun and Snow Speeder)

Funny about that "saving LEGOs for when the kids are older" post. I'm in the same boat. Today's my son's 9th birthday and I went downstairs to his stash of toys I store for "when he's older" and dang I have a lot of crap there. I might have to resell some of the toys there or else I'm going to spoil the boy (even more).

So this website has a bunch of 2015 rumors including more Simpsons mini figures, Top Gear and a bunch of set names including.....

Swamp Police!!!

(Not kidding)

http://www.thebrickfan.com

In 2017 we will have Desert Police, then 2019 we will have Jungle Police, 2021 we will have Mount Everest Police.

There are still these floating around?

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Education-Community-Minifigures-4598355/dp/B0085Y3MTO/ref=sr_1_3?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=merchant&ie=UTF8&qid=undefined&sr=1-3&keywords=lego

So this website has a bunch of 2015 rumors including more Simpsons mini figures, Top Gear and a bunch of set names including.....

Swamp Police!!!

(Not kidding)

http://www.thebrickfan.com

In 2017 we will have Desert Police, then 2019 we will have Jungle Police, 2021 we will have Mount Everest Police.

There are still these floating around?

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Education-Community-Minifigures-4598355/dp/B0085Y3MTO/ref=sr_1_3?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=merchant&ie=UTF8&qid=undefined&sr=1-3&keywords=lego
Jurassic World sets? I might be winding down on my Lego purchases but that'd be a complete theme purchase for me.

I did buy my first set in about a year or so on Monday night though, Ghostbusters Ecto-1. I saw the new Tumbler sitting there, my wife even gave me the go ahead but I just couldn't pull the trigger at $200. If it had been $150 it probably would have been a definite buy but $200 just feels like too much. They did bring one out of the back that they had put together and it was very big and had an impressive amount of detail on it.

Yes Green Giant you are correct Lego has indeed said they are making more of Research Lab and Exo-suit, but no one really knows how much more or when. At $38, free shipping, and 120 day return policy (for those with Target Red Cards) I felt grabbing it was a good idea. 

Lego site finally working for me again. Was able to get a backorder in on the Haunted House but no more mini Mini Cooper, just was able to get the Chima poly. Disappointed by missing out on the mini Mini, strangely have no desire to build the full set but thought the smaller one a nice quick little build.

Jurassic World sets? I might be winding down on my Lego purchases but that'd be a complete theme purchase for me.

I did buy my first set in about a year or so on Monday night though, Ghostbusters Ecto-1. I saw the new Tumbler sitting there, my wife even gave me the go ahead but I just couldn't pull the trigger at $200. If it had been $150 it probably would have been a definite buy but $200 just feels like too much. They did bring one out of the back that they had put together and it was very big and had an impressive amount of detail on it.
Chris Pratt actually confirmed Jurassic World sets in an interview, said he had just approved the likeness for his Lego minifigure, but everyone assumed he meant Kreo since they supposedly had the license. But someone on Eurobricks who's seen next years retail catalog confirmed there were 5 Jurrasic World sets in it, for May release.

Jurassic World?  Cool.  I wonder if that's why they let the Dino line die pretty quickly.  I'd imagine the got the license around that time.

Wait, the cheapest set is $50?  There won't be any $15-$40 sets?  Odd.

Jurassic World? Cool. I wonder if that's why they let the Dino line die pretty quickly. I'd imagine the got the license around that time.

Wait, the cheapest set is $50? There won't be any $15-$40 sets? Odd.
The prices are in New Zealand dollars which means the cheap set will be $20-$30.

And the Dino line was always meant on a one of, all LEGO dinosaur themes only last one year. They came out in 2012, long before Jurassic World was even confirmed.

Damn it. Now I want to get this just for the Lego laptop.
Doesn't a few of the Super Agents sets have a laptop?

bread's done
Back